Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Temple of Darkness Sorceress Discussion

Hope I can get one when it goes online in December!

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I'm pretty dang excited for this figure! I only need one of her loose, but I still have to decide how many to buy since I think I want a few of those orb stands...
    Could do with a decapitated White Sorceress head for my customs lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Could do with a decapitated White Sorceress head for my customs lol
    I'm sure we can work something out!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Planning on buying the entire stock to support the line.

Guys - please remember all Buy/Sell/Trade offers must be made in the Marketplace! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I think the contrast is a little off in those pics... the sample they had at SDCC was a regular production sample, and the stand, though slightly different color-wise than the original sneak-peak at SDCC 2011, wasn't as dark as in these AFI pics.

I'm curious about how the sale will go at Power Con. Will it just be a free-for-all? Will it be a huge line the first morning? Will there be a lottery? A timed ticketing thing?
    When Mattel goes to cons like C2E2 and NYCC is just a standard line. Given how many people were at PowerCon last year and a assumption as to how many they are making for sale at 3 Cons and online I think as long as people are not buying 25-30 each we should all be able to get ones

I would hate a Lottery or a ticketed thing, that only is needed for groups of 2000+
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I first saw her at Power Con when she was revealed and was floored at how cool she looked. But looking at her now, I feel she needs something else to look like less of a repaint. No idea what. Changing the boots and the orb are a great touch though, so I can't complain.

The translucent wings are the big hit for me.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

TG, I still want a Temple of Darkness FIGURE!

Im an international fan and Im very dissapointed not getting this figure at Matty. Im a subscriber and I cant complete my collection.

TG you must reserve some units of Strobo for 2013 subscribers....

ToD Sorceress will be available at any other convention??
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    Im an international fan and Im very dissapointed not getting this figure at Matty. Im a subscriber and I cant complete my collection.

TG you must reserve some units of Strobo for 2013 subscribers....

ToD Sorceress will be available at any other convention??
    Uhm. If there are any left they will be sold in December I think, on matty.
    So it's not gone yet (unless I got that wrong).
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Same here, I need a TOD sorceress - I have every figure so far, at least once, except (BA Faker) don't let us loyal subbers miss out TG!

Haradrel - posts on this site claim, all stock sold out at Powercon
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Please donīt get me wrong, Snake Hunter. But TOD Sorceress is not a regular figure, but a con-exclusive. I would love to have a trans blue King Grayskull or a chrome She-Ra for my collection. But those were exclusives, too. I know that the unit numbers were significantly lower for those two than for the TOD Sorceress, and that they didnīt even sell them, but the concept is the same: Get it on the conventions that the toy is being sold at, or gamble and hope that enough units are left after the convention season is over. I had to wait till last month to get my SDCC color change Orko, only to find out that his book was the regular one, not the colorchange one with hidden SDCC logo.

Hopefully weīll be able to offer Strobo at Grayskull Con next year, same as we offered TOD Sorceress this year. So for an international fan living in Spain, your best chance to get Strobo might be to come to Grayskull Con. Not only for the figure, of course, but also for the fun
    Last edited by DJ Force; September 24, 2012 at 07:29am.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

I too am hoping to have a chance to purchase TOD Sorceress from Mattycollector, but I agree with DJ Force. She's a convention figure first and if there is stock left after the conventions, she'll be available to the rest of us. If things go well we both have a chance to buy it. If not, I'll just have to try my luck on secondary markets.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior
    She sold out Saturday and there were zero for sale on Sunday.

Scott said at the booth yesterday that she would be for sale at NY and then on Matty.

But considering how fast she sold at Power-Con, I wouldn't count on there being many at Matty.

Yeah, I think the rate of sell-out might have surprised them, a bit. It surprised me. It's hard to say how much of the run they reserve for customer service stock (and how much went to Germany), but from what little peeks I saw of stock as I passed by and doing some quick math, it looks like the run of this figure was MUCH lower than what we presume a typical MOTU run to be.

The line was so long for her for much of the Con, I had considered waiting until Sunday thinking there'd be plenty for everyone. But after Scott mentioned she was going fast I sucked it up and got in line. Glad I did! I hope everyone who wants her can get one.

And they are on sale now on Ebay double and triple the price.... She was only sold on Grayskull con and Power con, right?
    So we cant blame Scalpor. These are fans NOT helping other fans, to put it decently.

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    And they are on sale now on Ebay double and triple the price.... She was only sold on Grayskull con and Power con, right?
    So we cant blame Scalpor. These are fans NOT helping other fans, to put it decently.
    Many scalpors are fans. I'm sure there would have been any number of people on here willing to pick one up for any fellow fans who wanted one. I certainly would have had I been asked.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    I believe there was a thread in the Marketplace about picking up a TODS for fellow org members. I'm very glad I got one. I won't be selling mine, that's for sure. That's one of my favorite mini-comics.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Plus many pretended they wouldn't buy one because of the drums on the back, but they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    I'm scalping my extra TOD Sorceress so I can buy a decent Shadow Weaver from the Scalpors on E-bay. Mine came with messed-up eyes.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

One Shadow Weaver goes for 5 TOD Sorceresses in the black market.

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    I'm very glad I got one. I won't be selling mine, that's for sure.
    Agree with this.-- ^ I always chuckle with a side order of grumble when I see fellow fans walking away with large stacks of exclusive figures, especially if they are doing so in the hopes that they can flip them for massive profit... but this looks like a rare situation where that philosophy might actually pay off (literally) if Mattel runs out of 'day of' stock after NYCC. Personally I don't see that happening, but who knows.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Fortunately, I got a ToD Sorceress from someone who attended Grayskull Con so that I'm very glad I no longer have to tremble and hope for a chance to order one via Matty in December as I assume they will be sold out in no time.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    Same here, I need a TOD sorceress - I have every figure so far, at least once, except (BA Faker) don't let us loyal subbers miss out TG!

Haradrel - posts on this site claim, all stock sold out at Powercon
    Damn, didn't see that. Thanks for the info.
    I found an ebayer who didn't charge tripple the price. Not even double, but it was more then normal price of course, so I'm happy.
    Hopefully some fans have gotten hold of some extras and can help out fellow collectors.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

She's a home run. The whites are great. The translucent wings came out phenomenal. She has the original female hims, making her an improvement over the original release. The orb stand is a really nice bonus.

Also can act as an older Sorceress for previous He-Men

The Return

I have to laugh, on Sunday morning a fan walked up to Scott at the Mattel booth and told him he wants his Sorceress. Scott told him they sold out Saturday but he could pick up the figure at NYCC or Matty collector. The man said it wasn't right to let fans get 6 then get back in line for more.Awkward silence then Scott asked him if he wants a signed copy of the third mini-comic. The man said nothing and just towered over Scott afterwards. Scott got up shortly after and was speaking to a co-worker about possibly pulling out an extra figure for him.Not sure how this was resolved but got a kick out of watching it.