Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Temple of Darkness Sorceress Discussion

Unless I didnīt understand a certain joke here, this only shows that a) with hundreds or thousands of attendees you cannot memorize every face and b) Scott is REALLY trying to do his best for every fan.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Sounds to me that Scott needs a bodyguard at the cons. I agree that there should be more of a limit on how many one can purchase at a time, but come on, she looks great, comes with the orb stand and is a con exclusive that people haven't *****ed intently about. She was gonna go fast.

And someone wants to bully the brand manager and stake claim to something that he hadn't even bought yet. I've been really upset for years that I haven't gotten the last pieces of the giganta b.a.f. or the fact that toys r us had a one per customer policy on the masterpiece thundercracker to find out that someone walked into one about 5 minutes before me and purchased 3 of them. Now I gotta find them on eBay like everyone else. Yeah, it sucks, but its become part of collecting.

Scott has had a target in him since the first set of reversed shoulders. I may not be a huge fan of some of his responses, but I trust him with the brand and people need to realize, he's doesn't make all the decisions when it comes to how Mattel does things.

Don't read this wrong, I'm not saying a fan doesn't have the right to get upset, but voice your complaint at the right time. Don't be a bully, that's just chicken *****.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm hoping there will be enough for fans to order on matty. I am one of those that cant make it out to convention.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by rankinman View Post
    Don't read this wrong, I'm not saying a fan doesn't have the right to get upset, but voice your complaint at the right time. Don't be a bully, that's just chicken *****.
    That's ridiculous, something like that should never happen. It's the unfortunate circumstance of being to much "the face" of the line.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Scott doesn't seem like a guy I'd be good friends with in real life, but if I saw him being bullied I'd stand up for him. But I'd also argue with him face to face on some things
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    I have to laugh, on Sunday morning a fan walked up to Scott at the Mattel booth and told him he wants his Sorceress. Scott told him they sold out Saturday but he could pick up the figure at NYCC or Matty collector. The man said it wasn't right to let fans get 6 then get back in line for more.Awkward silence then Scott asked him if he wants a signed copy of the third mini-comic. The man said nothing and just towered over Scott afterwards. Scott got up shortly after and was speaking to a co-worker about possibly pulling out an extra figure for him.Not sure how this was resolved but got a kick out of watching it.
    If there was no limit on what one fan could purchase, then there is a point here (although without some sort of system, it would be hard for anyone to recognize somebody who was in line two hours ago). Still, it sounds like this fan was out of line in his reactions; physical intimidation over a piece of plastic has no excuse. That's the kind of situation where one hopes security would be called. It does sound like TG was trying to handle the situation well without escalating it, so I grant him some points on dealing with a difficult situation.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Wow, awesome pics SCB! How'd you get the translucent flames on her in the second and third pics? Those are wicked!!!!!!!
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Those are great pics, SCB. There is sort of a Gandalf the White vibe to ToD Sorceress.

Thanks you guys. The spell effects were simply attached by some tape.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    If there was no limit on what one fan could purchase, then there is a point here (although without some sort of system, it would be hard for anyone to recognize somebody who was in line two hours ago). Still, it sounds like this fan was out of line in his reactions; physical intimidation over a piece of plastic has no excuse. That's the kind of situation where one hopes security would be called. It does sound like TG was trying to handle the situation well without escalating it, so I grant him some points on dealing with a difficult situation.
    I don't know... It seems that everytime they suggest 'limiting' things, people cry about the international fans or people buying extras for fellow fans who can't make it... It's one of those things where you can't make EVERYONE happy....

What I'm curious about... is how did someone wait in line... buy 6, then get in line again and buy more... before THIS guy? Did HE not wait in line? How did this guy get his extras before him?

For that matter... if he was willing to wait in line TWICE.. then he pretty much earned the extra figs

But seriously... intimidation to get your toys??? That crap should have been over in grade school.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I don't know... It seems that everytime they suggest 'limiting' things, people cry about the international fans or people buying extras for fellow fans who can't make it... It's one of those things where you can't make EVERYONE happy....

What I'm curious about... is how did someone wait in line... buy 6, then get in line again and buy more... before THIS guy? Did HE not wait in line? How did this guy get his extras before him?

For that matter... if he was willing to wait in line TWICE.. then he pretty much earned the extra figs

But seriously... intimidation to get your toys??? That crap should have been over in grade school.
    My table was right across from Mattel, what I could gather from the event was he just came on Sunday (or at least opted not to buy his figure on Saturday)

Mattel had enough Sorceress figures for almost the entirety of Saturday, they sold out between 4 and 5pm and even made an announcement they were selling the last case. There was no line between 2 and 4 and that is when I bought all my figures for those I was helping. I even left an entire case for those who might have waited till the end of the day.

Pretty much the only people who missed out were those who did not attend the 1st day, I did not see anyone miss on Saturday.

I can understand being upset, but the way that went down was just awful and I really felt for Scott in that situation. Its just a toy
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

They never said unlimited stock. If you waited til Sunday to get her, then that's the risk you took. Seriously, that figure was practically waiting for you to buy her Saturday. All you had to do was get in line and ask for one.

I bought two along with my Secret Accessory all before the Matty Panel. Priorities and planning.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I got mine today thanks to a friend that went to the con and I have to say....she is amazing! Probably one of my favorite figures which is amazing since she's an all white repaint but I cant help it. The orb stand is awesome as well. Looks amazing lit up as does the orb. I need to get a couple small LED's to permenantly light it up but they knocked it out of the park with her. I hope everyone who wants her can get her at a decent price.

If you wait until Saturday or Sunday to purchase exclusives at SDCC you're probably screwed. This sounds like it was about the same. We all know you aren't guaranteed an exclusive just because you attend the event. That's the way it is with highly demanded exclusives.

I was one of the last people to buy figures, mine were from the last box... I waited 'til there was no line, and I think it was a bit of a risky decision...
    But I would've not blamed anyone but myself if I missed out...
    Besides, a few vendors on the floor were selling them too...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    If you wait until Saturday or Sunday to purchase exclusives at SDCC you're probably screwed. This sounds like it was about the same. We all know you aren't guaranteed an exclusive just because you attend the event. That's the way it is with highly demanded exclusives.

Some people will just NEVER under stand this concept. Year after year all you ever see is people complaining that they couldn't get this or that and that secondary prices are out of this world.

While a lot of that is true, the fact of the matter is that you either accept the way exclusives are handled or don't bother collecting in the first place if it bothers you that much.

Exclusives, that's right EXCLUSIVES meaning that they aren't widely available have been in circulation forever now year after year by just about every company out there NOT just Mattel.

Yet, people still can't seem to understand what's going on. Not a single one of us is able to score every item we want at a retail price. It's just the way it is. Accept it or perhaps this whole collecting thing just isn't for you.....

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    I was one of the last people to buy figures, mine were from the last box... I waited 'til there was no line, and I think it was a bit of a risky decision...
    But I would've not blamed anyone but myself if I missed out...
    Besides, a few vendors on the floor were selling them too...
    I had originally planned to wait until Sunday for the lines to go down thinking they'd have plenty! I'm glad I didn't. I had to miss the Toy Masters screening, sadly, but when TG said they were getting low during the Matty panel I decided to make it a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I had originally planned to wait until Sunday for the lines to go down thinking they'd have plenty! I'm glad I didn't. I had to miss the Toy Masters screening, sadly, but when TG said they were getting low during the Matty panel I decided to make it a priority.
    Same here! When Scott said they were selling out quickly at the Mattel panel, I was kinda worried they would sell out during that panel... Many people missed the first panel on Saturday for that reason. Maybe next year they should open the vendor room an hour before the panels start. Just so people are more relaxed and have some time to walk around before the panels.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

The man didn't showup till Sunday morning. So when Scott came to the Mattel booth at 10am there was a line waiting for the free accessory and TOD sorceress. Sucks for the fans who couldn't come till Sunday but you have to figure at a convention first come first serve like anything... I just can't imagine that many people buying multiple figures but that just goes to show the fandom out there for MOTUC. .it's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Maybe next year they should open the vendor room an hour before the panels start. Just so people are more relaxed and have some time to walk around before the panels.
    The vendor room opened at 10 am. The Matty Pannel was at 11am. So they did exactly that and that's how I got my TOD Sorceress.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    That was the risk you took, but it would've been nice to be able to attend all the panels. I missed the first panel as well. I missed some of the other panels too which sux. I understand craming all the great talent in during the day, but sometimes it can be overwhelming. Oh well, it was a great convention and I got TODS.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    The vendor room opened at 10 am. The Matty Pannel was at 11am. So they did exactly that and that's how I got my TOD Sorceress.
    Well, there WERE panels at 10am, including the NA panel.

Was just wanting this figure for the orb stand but after seeing all these pics, I like her and hope I can actually get one of her!!
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

There are two panels going on at the same time all day. You can't be everywhere at once. You need to make a choice.

I am someone that had to get in line 2 times because I needed to buy 9 total to help out fellow fans. I was one of the first in line but I ALSO needed to buy the Manta Raider which only 6 were available of at the Con. Luckily I got a Manta Raider. I didn't get to go to the NA panel which I REALLY wanted to go to so I sacrificed going to a panel I really cared about to make sure I took care of others, even though one person flaked out. I was going to wait until sunday to go back through the second time but I decided to go back when the line died down. I am glad I did because as we know sunday would have been a lost cause. Hearing someone basically bullied Scott, or anyone for that matter, is just plain stupid.

However, they sold, from what I was told, half of the figures produced on the first day of Powercon. How fast do you think they will go at NYCC? I highly doubt there will be any left for online sales which I am sure will make many people angry but they never said they WOULD sell them only that if they had any left over..

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!