Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Temple of Darkness Sorceress Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    There are two panels going on at the same time all day. You can't be everywhere at once. You need to make a choice.
    Oh, I know. That's true enough but that's not the point. The poster was saying he wished there were no panels for an hour at the start so people didn't have to worry about getting any of the various exclusives or going to panels. It's just that you said "that's exactly what they did" when in fact that is not what they did.

They had two panels AND the very start of the Con. It was a choice, I just think some people would rather not have made the choice. Especially NA fans as that was kind of their one shot. I was in that boat. If you have any panels at the start of the con, especially if Mattel keeps having exclusives going forward, that first hour is going to be a bit of a dead zone. That might be typical, though. I don't really go to Cons to know.

Maybe it's better to always have something going on and just make people choose. But having the Con floor open at, say, 9am and then have panels start at 10am might be nice too if it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    However, they sold, from what I was told, half of the figures produced on the first day of Powercon. How fast do you think they will go at NYCC? I highly doubt there will be any left for online sales which I am sure will make many people angry but they never said they WOULD sell them only that if they had any left over..
    Unless they've specifically held some over or had some left over from the German con, I'd be surprised if there were any online too. From the pallet's we saw wheeled away, and taking into account how many seemed to be at the German con, I wouldn't be surprised if only about 3000ish of her were made.

Now, that being said, they've surely reserved some customer service stock, right? Maybe? So those might go online at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Unless they've specifically held some over or had some left over from the German con, I'd be surprised if there were any online too. From the pallet's we saw wheeled away, and taking into account how many seemed to be at the German con, I wouldn't be surprised if only about 3000ish of her were made.

Now, that being said, they've surely reserved some customer service stock, right? Maybe? So those might go online at some point.
    I doubt they held some back for online sales. They don't usually hold anything back for CS stock for con exclusives since their theory is that you are at the con buying it in person so can exchange it then and there if you see something wrong with it, which makes sense. I am not saying they DON'T have CS stock, just saying it isn't something they have done in the past. I know they didn't have the sdcc version of vykron for a couple people that wanted to exchange i. They had to settle for the regular online version.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Yeah they usually don't keep CS stock for Convention toys, at PowerCon they exchanged a few in person and even then were really not wanting to do that.

There is a reason I think they have said and continue to say "if there are any left" in regards to the December MattyCollector sale. If things go well for them there should not be any left for online.

They set aside some for the German Con, some for PowerCon and some for NYCC. If they sell out there they are sold out as far as I can see. MattyCollector is really a last resort if there is any stock deal vs say the SDCC ones where they have a specific number produced for that.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I doubt they held some back for online sales. They don't usually hold anything back for CS stock for con exclusives since their theory is that you are at the con buying it in person so can exchange it then and there if you see something wrong with it, which makes sense.
    Yeah, I guess that does make sense. I did look mine over well just in case I needed to exchange it right there.

Heroic Warrior
    Way to crush my hopes there guys lol.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Maybe it's better to always have something going on and just make people choose. But having the Con floor open at, say, 9am and then have panels start at 10am might be nice too if it's possible.
    Totally agree with this. If you're a fan of everything MOTU and POP, then you're hands get tied. There's just so much to see and do, it becomes overwhelming. I wish this wasn't the case, but it's not my con.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Oh, I know. That's true enough but that's not the point. The poster was saying he wished there were no panels for an hour at the start so people didn't have to worry about getting any of the various exclusives or going to panels. It's just that you said "that's exactly what they did" when in fact that is not what they did.

They had two panels AND the very start of the Con. It was a choice, I just think some people would rather not have made the choice. Especially NA fans as that was kind of their one shot. I was in that boat. If you have any panels at the start of the con, especially if Mattel keeps having exclusives going forward, that first hour is going to be a bit of a dead zone. That might be typical, though. I don't really go to Cons to know.

This is all assuming you will attend a panel every hour and not walk around the vendors. You still need to make a choice and set time aside to get in line at some point. You can't have it all. People need to prioritize no matter what. Those TOD figures aren't reserved for us, much like the Manta Raiders.

Plus it's also a tiny con compared to SDCC. There was about a 1,000 people there roughly compared to the many thousands at SDCC? Everyone had a pretty fair chance at getting one, not including people who kept getting in line for 6.
    Last edited by SCB; October 1, 2012 at 12:33am.

I finally had a chance to open the one I got at Power-Con today and absolutely love her. So simple yet so elegent and well done, and of course the Orb Of Power stand is outstanding!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by andr0s81 View Post
    Way to crush my hopes there guys lol.
    FWIW, I'm rather sure they must have kept a few cases aside for MattyCollector.

That said, I'm sure it will be like a five or ten minute sell-out, so if you want one that way - I'd be there right on time.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    This is all assuming you will attend a panel every hour and not walk around the vendors. You still need to make a choice and set time aside to get in line at some point. You can't have it all. People need to prioritize no matter what. Those TOD figures aren't reserved for us, much like the Manta Raiders.

Plus it's also a tiny con compared to SDCC. There was about a 1,000 people there roughly compared to the many thousands at SDCC? Everyone had a pretty fair chance at getting one, not including people who kept getting in line for 6.
    I'd agree with you as far as the Sorceress, as far as people having a fair shake at Sorceress. I think the more general point has value though and I don't begrudge anyone for wanting to have their cake and eat it too. I think throwing the suggestion out there is worth the time. There could be facility reasons this isn't possible (maybe they can only start set-up at 8 and vendors need a couple hours, etc.) but it's an interesting suggestion to me.

Back to the Sorceress herself, she really is amazing on the shelf. I have her right under my cabinet light and she looks really cool blazing there! I think it ended up being a really perfect con exclusive, and I hope people have a chance to get her that want her.

I think we're going to go back and forth on this forever, but my point is not everyone who wants one is going to get in line at the exact same time before the convention opens an hour before, that'd be an insane line. And not everyone attends every panel since tons of people are on the convention floor all day.

Your idea is interesting, but everyone had a fair chance to get her if they didn't wait til the end of Saturday or Sunday.

Nah, we won't go back and forth forever because I'm not actually that interested and I feel like you're arguing against things I'm not even saying.

This all just started because Ivan said it'd be cool if they opened the con room an hour before the panels and you said they did. All I was doing, originally, was pointing out they, in fact, didn't.

At no point did I say getting the TOD Sorceress was difficult or people weren't given a fair shake. I was just more confused about why you had a problem with someone suggesting they try to open the con an hour early before panels begin. It wouldn't help everyone and some people would still have to make choices, true, but it might help some if they really wanted to go to that first panel and wanted some exclusives. Maybe they could even make it a Power Pass only thing. Of course, that may be a huge headache and totally not worth it from the Con's point of view. I'm cool with that, but I also think it's worth throwing out there in the suggestion box. That's all I'm saying. I am actually confused why the suggestion is provoking any argument from you whatsoever?

Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread any more. So I shall not say any more.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    They set aside some for the German Con, some for PowerCon and some for NYCC. If they sell out there they are sold out as far as I can see. MattyCollector is really a last resort if there is any stock deal vs say the SDCC ones where they have a specific number produced for that.
    The amount of TOD sorceresses that was allocated to Grayskullcon was based on pre-orders from the attending fans.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

If you guys are waiting for it to be up on Matty, I would pay the extra cost on the secondary market instead.

Heroic Warrior
    Here's a question I'm hoping someone can anwser:

At what point will Sorceress be offered at NYCC?

Thursday? Friday? Saturday? Morning? Afternoon? Will there be a new batch each day?

Friday is the only day that still has available tickets. If I was sure they would be there Friday afternoon, I would buy a ticket and go get as many of her as I could carry to help out Org members.

But I have no desire to spend money or go for any other reason, so I would need to be sure.

Any help or solid info would be appreciated.

I was wondering. If anyone who has the TOD Sorceress. Do you have a black light? Curious as to what she looks like lit by a black light?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I hear what JonWes was saying. It would benefit all involved in my opinion. There were all of 12 people in that first panel. It was embarassing and could be avoided.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I think what a lot of you are not considering is that PowerCon is heavy heavy on MOTUC fans, where as NYCC is filled up with fans of any number of things. I would be pretty shocked if they sold out of these at NYCC this year
    http://www.DoomKick.com -Toys reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRampageo View Post
    I think what a lot of you are not considering is that PowerCon is heavy heavy on MOTUC fans, where as NYCC is filled up with fans of any number of things. I would be pretty shocked if they sold out of these at NYCC this year
    Unfortunatley, I wouldn't be suprised seeing the mark up on ebay and knowing that the scalpers may be seeing quick $$. That being said, I'm sure they'll have a few on Matty come December (a very expensive month at that so maybe she won't sell out AS fast)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRampageo View Post
    Even though there were a higher concentration of MOTUC fans at powercon there will be many more 1000s of people at NYCC though.

They sold out of Faker when they had him there and I bet they made way more of him than TOD. They also allocated fakers for sale later though which they did not do for TOD. For her it was a traveling exclusive so when they sell out they sell out with Matty being an option in case they were left with some extras.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I got in line for my ToD Sorceress right after the third Mattel reveal (I missed the Castle Grayskull reveal). I was a bit nervous but fairly relieved when I saw the staff kept bringing in boxes to replenish. I took my figure up to my hotel room to drop off my stuff and as soon as I open my figure I notice: The purple eyes on the headdress are googly! Worse than Spikor, I'm talking TMNT Classics Donatello! I was so bummed! One purple eye was looking left, one was looking straight up. It was too distracting. I went back to Mattel and quietly let the guy know my situation. They told me to bring the figure back and they'd do a quick exchange. I had them look at it and the response from the customer service rep was "Well, you know, they DO hand paint these. It's very hard to get it right." I politely agreed and thanked them for the quick exchange.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I was wondering. If anyone who has the TOD Sorceress. Do you have a black light? Curious as to what she looks like lit by a black light?
    This is a great suggestion!
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

I'm happy with mine since The Sorceress is one of my favorite characters and I failed to get the original version.

Even though there were a higher concentration of MOTUC fans at powercon there will be many more 1000s of people at NYCC though.

They sold out of Faker when they had him there and I bet they made way more of him than TOD. They also allocated fakers for sale later though which they did not do for TOD. For her it was a traveling exclusive so when they sell out they sell out with Matty being an option in case they were left with some extras.
    Yeah but speaking from experience many of those 1000's just walk right on by the mattel booth. Also Faker was at a different time when the line was still new and not tarnished by all the negativity it has now.
    http://www.DoomKick.com -Toys reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisware View Post
    Here's a question I'm hoping someone can anwser:

At what point will Sorceress be offered at NYCC?

Thursday? Friday? Saturday? Morning? Afternoon? Will there be a new batch each day?

Friday is the only day that still has available tickets. If I was sure they would be there Friday afternoon, I would buy a ticket and go get as many of her as I could carry to help out Org members.

But I have no desire to spend money or go for any other reason, so I would need to be sure.

Any help or solid info would be appreciated.
    Not sure but if you go to the Toy Tokyo MOTU Art Show down by lower Manhattan you can get her there as she will be sold at the show Wed. before the Comic Con.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....