Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Temple of Darkness Sorceress Discussion

I got her from ebay, it was double what I normally pay at Matty, but hey better having her now than being sorry. I think I like her more than her Filmation counterpart.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got my TOD Sorceress yesterday thanks to my minion, Scotward. Plus tons of plastic bags I can use in a non-specified way!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Not sure but if you go to the Toy Tokyo MOTU Art Show down by lower Manhattan you can get her there as she will be sold at the show Wed. before the Comic Con.
    Thank you!!

I hadn't heard about the art show or that they were selling TOD Sorceress there.

I actually want to go to the art show, so this is a perfect way to grab the figure, too.

Anyone looking for the Sorceress, I will post a thread in the marketplace and will grab as many as they will sell me to help board members.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisware View Post
    Here's a question I'm hoping someone can anwser:

At what point will Sorceress be offered at NYCC?

Thursday? Friday? Saturday? Morning? Afternoon? Will there be a new batch each day?

Friday is the only day that still has available tickets. If I was sure they would be there Friday afternoon, I would buy a ticket and go get as many of her as I could carry to help out Org members.

But I have no desire to spend money or go for any other reason, so I would need to be sure.

Any help or solid info would be appreciated.
    Thursday is preview night so the majority of people attending will not be there until fri.
    Last year Mattel was selling stuff Thurs-Sun and they had plenty of stuff
    http://www.DoomKick.com -Toys reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Not sure but if you go to the Toy Tokyo MOTU Art Show down by lower Manhattan you can get her there as she will be sold at the show Wed. before the Comic Con.
    So that is where the rest of the stock they had at PowerCon is going

That is pretty cool, wonder if a lot of people will attend
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I personally plan to snag her at the toy tokyo event. Personally i am not even sure how many people will be attending that thing on wednesday the 10th, i know the toypocalypse stuff was "crowded" but not overly jammed, i mean MAYBE a chunck, but working in manhattan im pretty sure ill be able to snag her wednesday
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstatic View Post
    I personally plan to snag her at the toy tokyo event. Personally i am not even sure how many people will be attending that thing on wednesday the 10th, i know the toypocalypse stuff was "crowded" but not overly jammed, i mean MAYBE a chunck, but working in manhattan im pretty sure ill be able to snag her wednesday
    I plan on getting there as soon as our booth is set up at the Con, which I'm hoping they will let us get in early to do, last year was sort of a mess cause they even had the local still laying down carpet and structures while trying to set up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    I'd get there super early. From what I've read it doesn't seem like they're going to bring a whole heck of a lot to that event as it's more or less just a draw to get people in the door.

They're also gonna be selling prints of the artwork (which some has been stated to be new pieces) as well, which was an immediate sell and hopefully not a wallet buster for me...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I just read on the Matty boards that the TOD Sorceress *might* not even be up for sale on Thursday which would REALLY make a bunch of people upset.

I REALLY hope that's not the case as I'm pretty sure that a bunch of people are going to show up that day all ready to buy her with money in hand....

Heck....that's the only reason I even bought the 4 day pass! I don't remember what Mattel's booth was up to last year on Thursday as they really didn't have any thing of interest for sale, but Hasbro as well as others were defiantly up and running.

That's going to be really unprofessional if they don't start selling them on Thursday as in addition to buying the 4 day pass, I've already made arrangements to be there that day, have an hour and a half drive, and easily have $100 in gas, tolls, and parking to pay on top of it.

She better be there........
    Well since Thurs. is Preview Night and the general public does arrive til the late afternoon (1 or 3pm if I remember), it could be a possibility; I think if I remember correctly your are right; the Mattel booth wasn't at 100% in terms of setup and sales (for what was on sale) until late that evening for the weekend. But since I will be inside Wed. night and early Thurs. morning, I will do my best to keep everyone updated of their status.

I also hope to provide some info during the Toy Tokyo Show Wed. night via Twitter (the name is the same as my forum name)!

I just read on the Matty boards that the TOD Sorceress *might* not even be up for sale on Thursday which would REALLY make a bunch of people upset.

I REALLY hope that's not the case as I'm pretty sure that a bunch of people are going to show up that day all ready to buy her with money in hand....

Heck....that's the only reason I even bought the 4 day pass! I don't remember what Mattel's booth was up to last year on Thursday as they really didn't have any thing of interest for sale, but Hasbro as well as others were defiantly up and running.

That's going to be really unprofessional if they don't start selling them on Thursday as in addition to buying the 4 day pass, I've already made arrangements to be there that day, have an hour and a half drive, and easily have $100 in gas, tolls, and parking to pay on top of it.

How is that unprofessional? Thursday is preview night, they may be too busy getting set up for everything over the next few days to sell stuff. I don't think Mattel is too worried about your gas/parking/toll fees and an hour and half drive which isnt even really that bad..try spending almost $1000 on hotel stay alone on top of con and food budget

Ha, you could have saved time and money by just buying a couple on Ebay if TOD is all you care about.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

does anyone know when she goes on sale on mattycollector.com for those of us that couldnt make it to a con? .... I cant find the date anywhere. Im worried it might be tomorrow and i dont wanna miss it.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I was wondering. If anyone who has the TOD Sorceress. Do you have a black light? Curious as to what she looks like lit by a black light?
    In person she looks a lot more boring. The plastic and paint they used somehow absorb the light more then it reflects it, making it bland and boring. Picture wise she looks a lot better.

The picture to the right translates best to the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    does anyone know when she goes on sale on mattycollector.com for those of us that couldnt make it to a con? .... I cant find the date anywhere. Im worried it might be tomorrow and i dont wanna miss it.
    She goes on sale in December, day of sale that is.
    Last edited by Haradrel; October 14, 2012 at 06:20pm.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Toyguru confirmed at the panel that they put aside a very limited few for online purchase.
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

She is awesome so glad she's in my collection. I just wish they could do something about those dam drums.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

My friend went to NYCC this weekend and scored me one. I am sure he will make me do something absurd before he hands it over so I am hoping she is worth it.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

Picked up at the Art Show and @ the NYCC. And from the looks of it there will definitely be stock including what they held for the site. Thursday they were gone in a flash but then it slowed down and definitely stock was left in the case by the weekend's end!

What was absurd was some of the dealers booths who had her for 50 dollars when all you had to do was walk over to the Matty booth and simply get it for 22.

Heroic Warrior
    If anybody is tired of just the staff, I suggest raiding Spymonkey for the white and clear weapon kits, they can make awesome stuff that fits her perfectly:
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Got a review up of TOD Sorceress
    http://doomkick.com/masters-of-the-u...ceress-review/

who was the guy behind me buying 31??

Heroic Warrior
    Is the orb stand supposed to be kinda crooked? I can't tell if it just is warped or if that is how it's intended. It definitely seems to lean a bit. It's hard to tell from many of the pictures if I just got a bum one or if it's how it is supposed to look.

kinda a off topic question but the re-issue of the same mold kinda bugs me as I'm not a fan of how they tackled her wings on the first release. has anyone come up with a fix or solution for this issue ? so you can pose her arms up without the wings coming along for the ride too ?

My friends who were at NYCC let me fourth and didn't get her for me, so hopefully I can get her on Matty.

Has anyone put the BG Teela head on her? Thinking about trying that and putting her on my NA shelf.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Is the orb stand supposed to be kinda crooked? I can't tell if it just is warped or if that is how it's intended. It definitely seems to lean a bit. It's hard to tell from many of the pictures if I just got a bum one or if it's how it is supposed to look.
    Mine's like that as well.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Mine's like that as well.
    Thanks!

It seems kind of hard to just be warped, just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. LOL. Well, I am crazy, but...you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    If anybody is tired of just the staff, I suggest raiding Spymonkey for the white and clear weapon kits, they can make awesome stuff that fits her perfectly:
    http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/...psfbc5c660.jpg
    Good match. Do you have to stretch her hand to hold that sword, like putting a male's weapon in a female mold hand, or does it slide in without stretching like BG Teela's sword?