Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your favorite, gotta-have-'em snack foods?

I only eat 2 meals a day, so I snack very often.

Buttered Popcorn
    kettle-cooked chips
    potato sticks
    granola
    sunflower seeds
    gummy bears, frogs, bottles
    red licorice
    raisin bran (with or without milk)
    tortilla chips
    unique pretzels
    peanut butter girlscout cookies
    chinese noodles

I'd be into getting some charleston chews or 3-musketeers bars if they still make them.

I wish they still made the WWF ice cream bars, those were fantastic
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by manticore View Post
    I only eat 2 meals a day, so I snack very often.

Buttered Popcorn
    kettle-cooked chips
    potato sticks
    granola
    sunflower seeds
    gummy bears, frogs, bottles
    red licorice
    raisin bran (with or without milk)
    tortilla chips
    unique pretzels
    peanut butter girlscout cookies
    chinese noodles

I'd be into getting some charleston chews or 3-musketeers bars if they still make them.

I wish they still made the WWF ice cream bars, those were fantastic
    Charleston Chews were among my father's favorites. He liked to throw them in the freezer overnight.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; March 28, 2012 at 11:19am.

Heroic Warrior
    !. M&M´s peanut butter
    2. Reese peanut butter cup cakes
    3. Schoko-Linsen
    4. Milka Schokolade
    5. Ben & Jerry`s Cookie dough

1 Snickers
    2 Hostess Chocolate cupcakes
    3 Vernor’s Ginger Soda (switched to diet)
    4 Aerosol cheese w/ Triscuits (healthier is Shredded Wheat ‘N BRAN with real cheddar for sandwiches. Tastes better too)

I used to be lean my entire life. Body Fat Percentage < 6%.
    Unless I can cut my consumption (I do walk from time to time and I ride my bike a lot) I’ll be looking at diabetus. I have a hard time drinking water and tea. I think that would displace most of my bad snacking.

Damn, I'm gonna have to go hunting for them this weekend. I have jaws like a pit bull; I absolutely love hard, chewy foods.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    Most Interesting Topic I Must Say!

Mine are:

Beek Jerky - peppered , regular and occasionally teryaki
    skittles - regular and tropical
    any granola bars
    unsalted nuts - any variety
    popcorn - especially Garrett's chicago mix (yeah i'm lucky to live in chi-town)
    hostess toasted coconut donnettes
    they are kinda hard to come by round my parts but i love Chunky bars when i have a craving for them!

I shouldn't be eating half of this stuff b/c i'm diabetic, but its nice to indulge once in a while!!!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    Most Interesting Topic I Must Say!

Mine are:

Beek Jerky - peppered , regular and occasionally teryaki
    skittles - regular and tropical
    any granola bars
    unsalted nuts - any variety
    popcorn - especially Garrett's chicago mix (yeah i'm lucky to live in chi-town)
    hostess toasted coconut donnettes
    they are kinda hard to come by round my parts but i love Chunky bars when i have a craving for them!

I shouldn't be eating half of this stuff b/c i'm diabetic, but its nice to indulge once in a while!!!

=)
    Hostess Toasted Coconut Donnettes sound GREAT!!! I have never seen them, but will have to start looking!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by mollusc herald View Post
    1 Snickers
    2 Hostess Chocolate cupcakes
    3 Vernor’s Ginger Soda (switched to diet)
    4 Aerosol cheese w/ Triscuits (healthier is Shredded Wheat ‘N BRAN with real cheddar for sandwiches. Tastes better too)

I used to be lean my entire life. Body Fat Percentage < 6%.
    Unless I can cut my consumption (I do walk from time to time and I ride my bike a lot) I’ll be looking at diabetus. I have a hard time drinking water and tea. I think that would displace most of my bad snacking.
    Get a Jack Lalanne Power Juicer, be committed and you can kiss your bad habits good-bye. Trust me: if you really get into it, it will change your life forever, in positive ways that you cannot imagine and you'll still be able to enjoy those snacks occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Get a Jack Lalanne Power Juicer, be committed and you can kiss your bad habits good-bye. Trust me: if you really get into it, it will change your life forever, in positive ways that you cannot imagine and you'll still be able to enjoy those snacks occasionally.
    The juicer is an excellent idea. For a long time I would try and eat fruit instead of blending stuff up, but I’m so lazy it takes me weeks to go through the fruit I do buy.
    Really it would be best as it would keep me away from soda. (Even the diet is bad). I wrote a general interest paper on whether soda really can lead to osteoporosis or calcium theft. I tried doing some quick searches of scientific articles. All I found was that carbonated water doesn’t truly leech calcium from bones. The articles suggested it “”MIGHT”” inhibit the stomach or digestive tract from utilizing what calcium you have in your system or digesting food. Carbonation’s negativity is like glucosamine/chondroitin’s benefits- unproven.
    Soft drinks are some of the worst “foods’ ever.
    More junk food greats- Funyuns
    Toffee Crunch ‘N Munch

Quote Originally Posted by mollusc herald View Post
    The juicer is an excellent idea. For a long time I would try and eat fruit instead of blending stuff up, but I’m so lazy it takes me weeks to go through the fruit I do buy.
    Really it would be best as it would keep me away from soda. (Even the diet is bad). I wrote a general interest paper on whether soda really can lead to osteoporosis or calcium theft. I tried doing some quick searches of scientific articles. All I found was that carbonated water doesn’t truly leech calcium from bones. The articles suggested it “”MIGHT”” inhibit the stomach or digestive tract from utilizing what calcium you have in your system or digesting food. Carbonation’s negativity is like glucosamine/chondroitin’s benefits- unproven.
    Soft drinks are some of the worst “foods’ ever.
    More junk food greats- Funyuns
    Toffee Crunch ‘N Munch
    One of the best things about juicing is that it takes time. This is a critical element if one is trying to quit a bad habit, such as smoking. Think about the time spent each day by someone who smokes -- going to the store to buy cigarettes, buying lighters, smoking the cigarettes themselves -- two hundred puffs for each pack -- cleaning ashtrays, etc., etc. If one decides to drop that habit, then one ends up with a lot of extra time that used to be used on that habit. That extra time can be difficult to deal with and all that extra empty time on your hands can mean you start thinking about your old habit and maybe reaching for a smoke. So juicing fills the void. Now time is spent going to the grocery store to pick out different fruits and vegetables, unpacking them, storing them, washing them, putting them into the juicer, drinking them (mmmmmm! tastes great!) and then cleaning the juicer itself (the Jack Lalanne juicer is pretty easy to clean and no, I don't own stock in the company. ) So you've eliminated a bad habit and not only found a way to fill up the new extra time you have but also have done it in a healthful manner. Needless to say, the same can be said for beginning an exercise regimen...after consulting with a doc.

Sorry to have gotten off thread here. I'm just big on juicing.

master of hiphop
    I'm highly addicted to twizzlers_sweet_and_sour_filled_twists., i can eat a bag in one sitting.

OHH MAN!!!
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

My secret vice is root beer-flavored Popsicles. When I buy a box I can't help but eat two doubles right off the bat.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I hope none of you are offended when I say that 90% of you eat some really gross, unhealthy stuff.

I've had to change my snacking habits recently. For years I've suffered from Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), and recently my doctor suggested a new diet high in herbal antibiotics (ginger, cinnamon, oregano, and garlic), and completely devoid of high fructose corn syrup (despite what the ads tells you, sugar isn't just sugar). So I'm drinking a lot more ginger green tea and Special K with cinnamon sprinkled on top. If anyone has any suggestions for snacks that use those herbs, I'm all ears and extremely appreciative.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    Currently, it's Archway's Frosty Lemon cookies although they're becoming increasingly hard to find. Usually happens when I settle on something I like. I used to be a Pop Tart junkie but I gave those up when I was seriously trying to lose weight. These days, ehh....
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Heroic Warrior
    Pizza Combos... my grandpaw's used to be twinkies and KFC gravy...

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    I hope none of you are offended when I say that 90% of you eat some really gross, unhealthy stuff.

I've had to change my snacking habits recently. For years I've suffered from Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), and recently my doctor suggested a new diet high in herbal antibiotics (ginger, cinnamon, oregano, and garlic), and completely devoid of high fructose corn syrup (despite what the ads tells you, sugar isn't just sugar). So I'm drinking a lot more ginger green tea and Special K with cinnamon sprinkled on top. If anyone has any suggestions for snacks that use those herbs, I'm all ears and extremely appreciative.
    We don't eat this way all the time! Sheesh!

As for healthy snacking, garlic hummus with pitas? Peanut butter with cinnamon sprinkled on top of apples? Greek style tuna fish salad with crackers? I can't really help without knowing what SIBO entails.
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post

As Judith correctly pointed out (I love that gal! ), we don't eat our 'gross' (to you) and (yes) 'unhealthy' (in large doses) snacks all the time. They're occasional snacks and just as indulging in three or four Godiva chocolate Martinis every night is definitely not a good idea, enjoying one once in while isn't going to hurt a person.

As for me, I juice five times a day -- yes, every single day -- and after I post this I'm going to hit my elliptical for a truly intense forty-five minutes. Add in 3,000 crunches a day and heavy iron three days a week and this sixty-three year old isn't going to worry too much about chowing down on a handful of pork rinds once in a while, (admittedly) gross as that may sound.

Well, I grew up living a quite sheltered life and never actually knew what "ants on a log" were and only found out through watching "New Girl" on tv the other day.

So, I decided to fix them and I have to admit....they were TERRIFIC!!!

BTW, they are celery with peanut butter and raisins (for those that don't know).

im a big fan of dumping a bag of chocolate chips in a jar of chunky peanut butter...BIG FAN!!!
    other that im also big on just eating hunks of cheese.... only when i get a hankering..
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Rold Gold chocolate covered pretzels. My GOD I can't get enough of them... I have to restrict myself to one bag every other month with my medical rapsheet, but I never regret it.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    As Judith correctly pointed out (I love that gal! ), we don't eat our 'gross' (to you) and (yes) 'unhealthy' (in large doses) snacks all the time. They're occasional snacks and just as indulging in three or four Godiva chocolate Martinis every night is definitely not a good idea, enjoying one once in while isn't going to hurt a person.

As for me, I juice five times a day -- yes, every single day -- and after I post this I'm going to hit my elliptical for a truly intense forty-five minutes. Add in 3,000 crunches a day and heavy iron three days a week and this sixty-three year old isn't going to worry too much about chowing down on a handful of pork rinds once in a while, (admittedly) gross as that may sound.
    Yay for the love *hugs* I love ya too! And another yay for the Godiva chocolate Martinis! Never had them, I bet they are good.
    Btw, what do you juice? I only juice fruity things for fun like carrots/ginger/orange or strawberries/lime/grapes. Are you like a green machine juicer? I just can't get that stuff down!

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    im a big fan of dumping a bag of chocolate chips in a jar of chunky peanut butter...BIG FAN!!!
    other that im also big on just eating hunks of cheese.... only when i get a hankering..
    Yes! Cheese please!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Well, I grew up living a quite sheltered life and never actually knew what "ants on a log" were and only found out through watching "New Girl" on tv the other day.

BTW, they are celery with peanut butter and raisins (for those that don't know).
    If you like ants on a log, have you tried ants under a rock? (raisins, peanut butter, apple slice) They were my favorite!
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Classic Nacho Cheese Doritos (Forget all other kinds except maybe cool ranch) With Mountain Dew (Original or Throwback or White Out)

Actually the Doritos taco supreme from Taco Bell is surprisingly good too.

Other junk foods I'll pick up from time to time

Cheez-It Duos
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal (Not junk if you have it in moderation and for breakfast but I don't) at 2am during a bout of insomnia
    Ben & Jerry's Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream Ice Cream (I get this at least twice a summer)
    Cadbury Minis (Easter time)
    Cadbury Creme filled egg (Original only, also at Easter time)
    Rogue Dead Guy Ale (Not very often but I figured I should list at least one beer)
    BAWLS (Best. Energy Drink. EVER.)
    Vanilla Ice cream on a heated belgian waffle doused in Redi Whip, and Hershey's chocolate syrup
    Cheddar Cheese Fries, and Guinness (Okay one more beer. But seriously even if you normally hate darker beers, (Darker than say budweiser yellow water) this is an awesome combo)
    Pizza Bagels
    Buffalo Chicken Wings with Bleu Cheese
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    Yay for the love *hugs* I love ya too! And another yay for the Godiva chocolate Martinis! Never had them, I bet they are good.
    Btw, what do you juice? I only juice fruity things for fun like carrots/ginger/orange or strawberries/lime/grapes. Are you like a green machine juicer? I just can't get that stuff down!

Yes! Cheese please!

If you like ants on a log, have you tried ants under a rock? (raisins, peanut butter, apple slice) They were my favorite!
    Thank for that, Judith. You know, I've been a fan of yours for a long time because of your spot-on-target posts in many areas around the board.

As for juicing, as long as you ask I juice three veg and two fruit every day -- that's every day. (You have to be careful not to juice more than two fruit drinks a day because of the sugar content.) Yes, I do juice a lot of green. One acquires a taste for it over time. For those that have difficulty with it in the beginning, I suggest adding an apple to sweeten it. Btw, apples are the only fruit that can be added to any veg mix and carrots are the only veg that can be added to any fruit mix.

I love broccoli, celery and cucumber juice. Celery/carrot is a great mix, especially late at night as the celery will relax you. (Straight celery juice will knock out a headache faster than Advil Liqui-gels.) You can also throw in half a beet to sweeten it up, but no more than a half and you should probably start with a quarter. Beets are very potent. Parsnips, kale, and sweet potatoes are also among my favorite veggies for juicing. Again, an apple will sweeten it for neophytes. Sweet potatoes are incredibly healthy. For fruit I do a lot of apples. I go through twenty pounds of apples a week. (My children like apple juice as well.) I always core them because of the seeds. There's a heated debate going on about the small amount of arsenic in apple seeds and I don't want to take a chance. Pears are a winner as are mangoes. Oranges are pricey and you have to peel the rind, so I steer away from them. Cranberries are wonderful for you, but also pricey. I stick with bags of frozen cranberries and blend them with other veggies. Any melon is incredible -- both for taste and health benefits -- and I like to toss in half a lime to punch it up. Watermelon juice is one of the best things a human being can put into his or her body. Google it. For that matter, Google all the fruits and veggies, preceding it with "Health benefits of..." You'll be amazed. As an aside, between juicing you should snack on nuts and seeds. Nuts get an undeserved bad rap. Again, Google them.

I am human, however, and I eat meat two or three times a week -- I love a good steak and I'm capable of polishing off a slab of ribs. The nice thing about working out a lot is that I metabolize most questionable stuff fairly quickly. I have two glasses of red wine each night for cardiovasular health and -- at the risk of bragging -- last year my life insurance agent told me this was the first time he's done this in eleven years when he lowered my life insurance premiums after my annual physical.

My thinking is, we've only got one body and we only go around once. I want it to be a long ride...and a great one.

Enjoy...and keep up those great posts!

Atta boy Jack, keep pushing that juicer gospel! I like beets, supposedly they keep the skin tight! Grapefruit is another favorite of mine. Kale and watermellon are winners, but i never really messed with celery much, gonna have to try it. Don't worry about the apple seeds, I've always eaten the whole apple including the core. Its part of my Rasputin diet.

As far as snack foods go, I love liver pâté. Smooth, chunky, herbed, peppered...smothered in globs of aspic, I don't care. I love it. On a cracker with some antipasto or some port salut or straight out the package, love it! The best, though, is straight up melt in your mouth foie gras. I will spare no expense!

I figure I'm probably alone on this one.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post

No, I have not tried that or even heard of it. See? I told you have I lived a shelterd life! LOL. BUT it sounds really good and I am going to try to make it this weekend. Thanks for the heads up Judith!

And Jack...juicing sounds VERY tasty! I might have to start!