Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What are your favorite, gotta-have-'em snack foods?

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by a-star View Post
    Atta boy Jack, keep pushing that juicer gospel! I like beets, supposedly they keep the skin tight! Grapefruit is another favorite of mine. Kale and watermellon are winners, but i never really messed with celery much, gonna have to try it. Don't worry about the apple seeds, I've always eaten the whole apple including the core. Its part of my Rasputin diet.

As far as snack foods go, I love liver pâté. Smooth, chunky, herbed, peppered...smothered in globs of aspic, I don't care. I love it. On a cracker with some antipasto or some port salut or straight out the package, love it! The best, though, is straight up melt in your mouth foie gras. I will spare no expense!

I figure I'm probably alone on this one.
    Trust me, you've got company on this one. I love pate on toast points.

Best I ever had was in the Jules Verne Restaurant halfway up the Eiffel Tower with Kim on our honeymoon. Also the most expensive lunch in my life.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    As for healthy snacking, garlic hummus with pitas? Peanut butter with cinnamon sprinkled on top of apples? Greek style tuna fish salad with crackers? I can't really help without knowing what SIBO entails.
    Those ideas actually help a lot. Thanks for the suggestions!
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

I fear, however, that sometimes in our rush to the exotic snacks we neglect the classics. For instance, at present I'm munching on a ramiken filled to the brim with Cheddar Cheese Chex Mix. Washed down by a bottle of Tsingtao, it's a wonderful blend of the classic and the exotic.

Mmmmmmmmmm...

Lately I've taken to the flavour of a cashew sandie with a scoop of sugar-free butterpecan icecream.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Heeeere's Olesker! Hardcore! So the juice just becomes your meal replacer? Where do you find the time to do all the prep and then clean the juicer? I have a Lalanne juicer and it takes me forever to take a part a clean after use. I just don't have the time in the morning before work.

Sword-of-Grayskull glad it helped.
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Well, I grew up living a quite sheltered life and never actually knew what "ants on a log" were and only found out through watching "New Girl" on tv the other day.

So, I decided to fix them and I have to admit....they were TERRIFIC!!!

BTW, they are celery with peanut butter and raisins (for those that don't know).
    If you like ants on a log, have you tried ants under a rock? (raisins, peanut butter, apple slice) They were my favorite!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    No, I have not tried that or even heard of it. See? I told you have I lived a shelterd life! LOL. BUT it sounds really good and I am going to try to make it this weekend. Thanks for the heads up Judith!
    I fixed Ants Under a Rock for a mid-morning snack/ lunch today and it was Double "D"-licious!! However, due to my Lap-Band I was only able to eat 1 small apple slice (with peanut butter and raisins) and spent the next 40 minutes barfing

I am happy I lost 100 pounds, but I sure do miss food sometimes
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; August 28, 2013 at 02:16pm.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Okay, I had to bump this thread.

On a roadtrip with my family I've just discovered Bugles. Where have they been all my life?! Crunchy, airy by virtual of their ingenious construction, not too much salt and a distinct popcorny taste. I love them! My new favorite.

Anyone else like Bugles?

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Okay, I had to bump this thread.

On a roadtrip with my family I've just discovered Bugles. Where have they been all my life?! Crunchy, airy by virtual of their ingenious construction, not too much salt and a distinct popcorny taste. I love them! My new favorite.

Anyone else like Bugles?
    The Nacho Cheese Bugles are REALLY good. But since I too am trying to lose weight, my favorite now is a serving size of pistacio nuts. Dang serving sizes. Ha! I could eat the whole bag.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    The Nacho Cheese Bugles are REALLY good. But since I too am trying to lose weight, my favorite now is a serving size of pistacio nuts. Dang serving sizes. Ha! I could eat the whole bag.
    Thanks for that, iron. I'll definitely try them. My teenager would eat Alpo if it had nacho cheese on it. Pistachios are an incredibly healthy snack, btw. Don't worry too much about the fat as it's good fat. You should really eat a serving of nuts or seeds every day.

No salt nuts.

Blueberries.

Mandarins.

Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Yes I like Bugles, as well as TGIFriday's Sour Cream & Onion Potato Skins chips....and CHEETOS!

Lately I've been eating a ton of White Cheddar Cheez-its.

No, Judith, it's absolutely not a meal replacer. but my eating habits are bizarre -- lots of seeds and nuts throughout the day and Naturally More peanut butter sandwiches on stone ground wheat bread. Once in a while I'll spluge on half a rack of ribs and I do enjoy lean ground beef and lean steak.

Maybe it's me, but I don't find it takes all that long to clean my juicer -- about the same amount of time it took me to clean my ashtrays twenty years ago.

But I get what you're saying about mornings. I'm fortunate because unless I'm on a set shooting, I work out of my home. That said, it's perfectly fine to juice for the next day and store it in airtight (Themos) containers overnight. Now it's true that veggies and fruit start losing nutrients the second they're juiced, but if stored properly the loss is minimal.

Heeeere's Olesker! Hardcore! So the juice just becomes your meal replacer? Where do you find the time to do all the prep and then clean the juicer? I have a Lalanne juicer and it takes me forever to take a part a clean after use. I just don't have the time in the morning before work.

Sword-of-Grayskull glad it helped.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I just got a new Ninja juicer, and it's rather easy to clean. Right now I'm only doing a special protein shake with glutamate my doctor wants me on for my gastrointestinal health, but as soon as I'm allowed to eat fruits again, I'm going to expand my juicing palette. For the first time in six years I had a night without any abdominal pain, so I guess it's working!
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

I just got some old school bubble gum cigars. Three for a dollar

The yellow is fantastic!!

EDIT

I took down all three of them at once. My jaw muscles are completely fatigued, heh.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; August 28, 2013 at 02:23pm.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I just got some old school bubble gum cigars. Three for a dollar

The yellow is fantastic!!

EDIT

I took down all three of them at once. My jaw muscles are completely fatigued, heh.
    Where did you find those? Weren't they banned in like 152 states? lol.

The mini market right by my house has them. They have the cigarettes too.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."