Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (10/1/2011)

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    That's the great Matty plan. They want the cherry pickers killed off. Mark my words in 2013 it will become subscription only. They will raise sub prices to offset the death of cherry pickers.

Yeah, awesome plan......They are already close to killing me off, and I have a sub. After I get my Stinkor figure in April, I don't care what they do.....I can leave the line then, and be content with what I do have.

Over-pricing and limiting figures sold will be the death of this line.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    Yeah, awesome plan......They are already close to killing me off, and I have a sub. After I get my Stinkor figure in April, I don't care what they do.....I can leave the line then, and be content with what I do have.

Over-pricing and limiting figures sold will be the death of this line.
    I agree. The chance of gaining new fans is already out the window. Now it's just a matter of trying to hang on to what's left, which appears to be dwindling with all of Matty's latest BS. I bought the 2012 sub, but after all of the latest news of price increases and other Matty shenanigans I'm about to throw in the towel on this line. I love the figures, but it's just becoming too difficult to collect without some new ordeal coming up.
    Last edited by PPC; October 2, 2011 at 07:39pm.

surely they would save any new bucks for ram man and the 4 scientists?

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
    they cut back YEARS ago here, and now are stable and doing well with the SEARS bail-out.

in what universe???
    DCUC are $12.99 there when $14.99 everywhere else.
    The Playskool Star Wars stuff is much cheaper there:
    $4.99 for 2-packs of figures, $5.99 at Target and Wal-Mart
    $9.99 Land Speeder that is $12.99 at Target.
    DC Fisherprice are cheaper there:
    $9.99 vs $10.99 at Target for the 5" Batman Hero World figures
    ....????...
    so...what are you pricing out? everything i look at is cheaper there, and I like K-Mart.
    even if K-Mart was more expensive i'd gladly go to it before dealing with the weirdness at our Wal-Marts here. Seriously, our Wal-Marts are just too creepy...too sucky...i can't quiet express why, but i hate Wal-Mart. I do like Target, though.

is that REALLY a figure???
    It definitely sounds like an Adult Collector Figure.

Ya, actually they totally aren't even stable at this point at all. There were further closings earlier this year I believe.

Well, all the wrestling figures I see there are more expensive than everywhere else, same with Hot Wheels, and pretty much every other line you didn't name.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Would you be happy with a single release (A list Variant) of just Tallstar, with the changes you could think of, rather than all three released again?
    Personally I would be over-the-moon, and it would restore some of my faith in Mattel to see them showing some integrity on this situation and supporting "fair play." (*wonders if anyone will get the latter reference*)

...but...I think it's only right to release all of them individually over a period of time. Darkspecter already listed a reason why a Tallstar variant in particular makes sense. (Potential reuse for Mermista)

Better late than never - The Ultimate She-Ra Guide's Q&As are up on our Facebook page!

www.facebook.com/ultimatesheraguide
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Better late than never - The Ultimate She-Ra Guide's Q&As are up on our Facebook page!

www.facebook.com/ultimatesheraguide
    noooooooooo, that top 20 approach is horrible, i get a feeling i'm not going to get aramesh now.

pre-formless light hope, i guess that was from back pre-filmation rights when they said they could do a non-filmation version of him, hmmmm. i wonder if he'll be like he-ro, but then lost his body.

Not liking the answer to producing the Horde Mummy. I really want that figure that was based on the sketch. Master English's brilliant customized take on the Horde Mummy had me stoked from last year. I thought TG said awhile back that they had the rights to these, and now it seems their ownership and rights are muddled. I hope they get the rights soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    noooooooooo, that top 20 approach is horrible, i get a feeling i'm not going to get aramesh now.

pre-formless light hope, i guess that was from back pre-filmation rights when they said they could do a non-filmation version of him, hmmmm. i wonder if he'll be like he-ro, but then lost his body.
    Yeah I know the feeling. Queen Elmora was in the same episode as Strong Arm and one of Lizard Man's only two appearance (not counting the one with specs), yet I doubt she's in an averaged top 20. Dang. But it's not like I'm not a fan of most Filmation characters so I'll probably love the 20 we may get. On the plus side, I'm pretty sure Danavas and Slime Pig aren't in that top 20 either so I don't have to worry about them coming out before her.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Great! Happy with that- Im not a Filmation Fan, but knowing to expect twenty over 5 years is a lot better than the fear of an avalanche of them!

Plus from all my years in here, I dont actully think Ive heard a lot of names mentioned, so should be easy to pick the 20!

Sea Hawk
    Light Hope
    Shokoti
    Lizard Man (GOD I hope he gets a proper name!!)
    the old witch with the broom

Yup Im out! thats all I know!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    If Fisto sells out in 2 minutes, there will be no reissue. Hmmmm . . .
    I have only been here for a couple months and it is lie after lie from Mattel or whoever produces this line. If the line is really healthy they would do 2nd issues...But basically they are lying...I bet anyone on this board they re release all the figures at some point after Glenn.

They want people to think you have to buy NOW...no re releases

Their tactics really make me want to vomit...

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    When I first moved to this area five years ago, there were four K-Marts. Now there is one. Not a good sign. This is happening nationwide.
    Yea... that is totally my point too!
    KMart is dying a very slow and agonizing death.
    Maybe there are parts of the country where they are still plentiful, but both here in MN and back home in FL, they are very scarce.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I know you guys want toy Star Sisters, but honestly, I want Glimmer, Angella, Double Trouble, Mermista, Sweet Bee, and Peekablue before the variants.

I'd want a variant Catra (toy, scratchin' sound, shower power) before variants of the Star Sisters. It's just personal preference I guess

Would you guys really take Star Sisters variants before ANY of the other POP characters or variants?
    In my opinion, the whole She Ra v2 concept had set a somewhat misunderstood precedent. The creation of the new female buck had to be accomplished over several figures. The ultimate goal was to correct the original She-Ra to sit on a horse and also make way for other POP gals.

So... Mattel took that opportunity to make Bubble Power She-Ra (with the ability to undress to She-Ra)

I do not believe this means that v2 of any character is on the table. If a figure has a variant, then there is a way to make slight alterations to the original design.

Though people want those original toy catalog versions of the Star Sisters, I really don't think you are going to see them. Let's hope we get more standard POP gals before this line goes the way of the dodo.
    Last edited by Kowl; October 3, 2011 at 10:35pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I think it's premature to be even mentioning Star Sister variants since many are sour over having to buy them in the sub for the first $60 item. Yeah you might be able to make Mermista off of Tallstar 2.0, but maybe just make Mermista instead.

Mermista may just get a tail with tabs on the back like Marlena's dress and not have a detachable torso at all...point the toes down to go into little predesignated spots in the tail fins and boom, transforming Mermista without a removable torso.

I'm not saying that it is likely, but it is possible.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I think it's premature to be even mentioning Star Sister variants since many are sour over having to buy them in the sub for the first $60 item. Yeah you might be able to make Mermista off of Tallstar 2.0, but maybe just make Mermista instead.
    I'm not saying make Tallstar 2.0 to make Mermista. I'm saying, after they make Mermista they have the detachable torso so they can make a PROPER Tallstar.

I'll sum it up how I've seen a bunch of people sum things up (and is Reboot's tag line): Make it right, or don't make it at all.

The Star Sisters are decent, but they're missing too many accessories and a bunch of their "playability." If they were released spaced out (even if it were a year or two a part)...that would have allowed for more tooling to GET all those accessories. If they did this and paid attention to which Star Sisters were being clamored for...there wouldn't be a need for Star Sisters 2.0. Right now...to me, they're place holders.

People are complaining about them being a $60 three pack and in the sub, well...they have a right to complain as a three pack was never tested outside the sub. Mattel ALWAYS tests more expensive items outside the sub. So, regardless who the characters were...that was kind of a bad move.

If there's a possibility for a TRUE MYP/200X Evil-Lyn (which the majority wanted), I don't see why we couldn't eventually get toy coloured/sculpted Star Sisters with their missing accessories (which the majority wanted). Not all at once, like this time. My one sister every other year would be cool. Tallstar first!

Tallstar (and Extendar) should be able to go from this:

To this (bendy extension pieces sort of like King Hiss):

Right now she should be called "above average height" Star... Mr. Fantastic is one hell of an amazing action figure! I love him. I had HIGH hopes for Tallstar (no pun intended). Even if she was still the poster version (which I do not like), if she was built like Mr. Fantastic I would be CRAZY in love with her. She's not nearly as functional and playable as she should be.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; October 4, 2011 at 01:25am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Darkspecter summed it up perfectly.

To add to what he said... Individual variant releases of the Star Sisters should in no way hold back the regular monthly POP characters (i.e. Mermista, Castaspella etc.), because variants are a separate category in the subscription. And POP should always get at least one of those slots.

If Mattel can tell the factory to add black to the inside of Faceless One's hood and have the Four Horsemen go back to make a new King Hssss snake form, 200X Evil-Lyn dress, etc., then I see no reason why they can't commit themselves to doing right by the Star Sisters fans who kept the torch burning for these characters all these years. (Especially since they're saying that these A-List variant slots can be for anything they want.)

I'm not going to say the Star Sisters fan base was HUGE pre-SDCC, but there was a decent-sized existing following for toy-based versions, so nobody should be blaming the Star Sisters fans for being upset. It's really disappointing they haven't yet addressed this. :/

But no bendy extensions for Tallstar, please... I HAD that Reed Richards toy and the bendy pieces threw off the fig's balance and made it a HUGE pain in the neck to make him stand... (more like leaning into ML Galactus.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    It is a bit worrying that they didn't figure out how to make the waist extension piece work with Tallstar when they must know they'll have to tackle the issue sooner or later for Extendar as well. It almost seems like they expect Tallstar fans to settle for less because this is the first time they'll be getting a figure of her. That may be an overly pessimistic view, but sometimes it seems like the MOTUC road map is more like just a vague compass heading.

If Mattel can tell the factory to add black to the inside of Faceless One's hood and have the Four Horsemen go back to make a new King Hssss snake form, 200X Evil-Lyn dress, etc.,
    Wait, what? Are they making a 200X dress for Evil-Lyn now? When and where was this announced?
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

To be frank, that Mr. Fantastic figure is one of my least favorites. Great idea, horrible execution. The bendable plastik is a pain, making the figure hardly able to stand on its own.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."