Thread: Redesign CHallenge #110 Sorceress

Movie mayhem!

Redesign CHallenge #110 Sorceress

WELCOME ONE & ALL TO THE 110TH REDESIGN CHALLENGE !

I am proud to host a design challenge for the character the Sorceress:

The Sorceress

This should be fun!

So, without any further ado, let redesign challenge #110 begin!!

RULES:

- You MUST make a unique change to the original appearance of the character in some way. This is a redesign challenge after all!

- All artists who choose to participate will have 1.5 months to come up with a redesign for this character.

-You can use ANY medium you wish! You can sketch, paint, make a 3-D model,
    render a sprite, create a custom action figure, whatever you want. Its entirely up to you!
    *Hero-machine entries are game!

-You don't have to force yourself to make your design conform to the new OR OLD cartoon & comic book's style.
    Be as drastic in your redesign as you see fit. Whatever makes you happy! All that is required is that you add something ALL-NEW to the character's appearance, however big or small.

-If you can't think of a new design, or just hate the idea of working on this character,
    you do not have to feel obligated to participate in this particular challenge.
    You will still be free to participate in any future challenges you wish.

THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS January 30TH!!!

GOOD LUCK!

Here's my idea for a Sorceress design. This is more like a direct translation of Zoar into a more humanoid form. Screen Shot 2014-12-07 at 2.24.19 pm.png Primarily I took a lot of influences from the Classics toy

Wow... This one is a real headscratcher. I never really bought into the Egytian headress from 200X but I like the wings. Really I guess I've always just seen the Vintage Sorceress as THE Sorceress. I may not have time to put something together for this one but I'm interested to see what everyone else comes up with.

Very interesting start Joker!

Check out my DA gallery: http://isterold.deviantart.com/

I would like to enter. Created this as soon as I saw the post. Will try and tighten it up and maybe add colors too. Good luck everyone!
    sorceress demo sm.jpg
    I got inspired to do a more mature shaman priestess for her.

Heroic Warrior
    Very cool, Zvidafire right up my alley , design wise, it would be very hard to top this

Quote Originally Posted by ZvedaFire View Post
    I would like to enter. Created this as soon as I saw the post. Will try and tighten it up and maybe add colors too. Good luck everyone!
    sorceress demo sm.jpg
    I got inspired to do a more mature shaman priestess for her.
    Makes my redesign look like a plucked chicken by comparison. -bows-

Heroic Warrior
    Joker, I am going to vote for you just because of what you said. You did a very good job. Do not put yourself down.

Here is my take on TeelaNas redesign:

I never liked the egyptian take on her. Not that it is a bad design, OH NO but itīs to much earth related. If Queen Marlena would be the sorceress and she had egyptian ancestors i would totally get that but not TeelaNa.

I always loved the pre FILMATION ideas (except for the cloning of Teela)but i never really got the snake theme with the Goddess so FILMATIONs falcon outfit was the choice if you ask me but making her trapped in Castle Grayskull and being no fighter at all bugs me still.

I re-imagined her more like the Goddess but gave her a feathered cape which is not attached to her arms and gave her a new sword and a holster. Now she can use her hands when she uses magic but has a weapon to defend herself.

First i wanted to give TeelaNa her original blond hair like she is shown with in the mini comics but no, most of the people like her and Teela as redheads and i can adjust!

*Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    Very cool Niki, yeah great mix of warrior/mistic

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Very cool Niki, yeah great mix of warrior/mistic
    Thank you, i really had fun redesigning her

Joker95: I like your design but i simply miss her face

Zvedafire: Your design reminds of those amazons from Xena-The warrior Princess. With all the jewelry, and feathers and braids. Very creative and very high priestess
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I'm pretty tired but I gave it a shot.

THE SORCERESS.png

Quote Originally Posted by Tyberion View Post
    I'm pretty tired but I gave it a shot.
    I get some native american vibes from her and i like that, more blue than usual is a great choice of coloring, i really like your version.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I get some native american vibes from her and i like that, more blue than usual is a great choice of coloring, i really like your version.
    Thanks, it didn't turn out all that bad (by my "standards"). I had to log on today to check just what the hell I drew last night

Quote Originally Posted by Tyberion View Post
    Thanks, it didn't turn out all that bad (by my "standards"). I had to log on today to check just what the hell I drew last night
    I really dig your redesign. But at the same time, it's very conservative. Which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker95 View Post
    I really dig your redesign. But at the same time, it's very conservative. Which is a good thing.
    Thanks Joker. I might go a bit more wild with the redesigns in future challenges. I was sad to discover that I missed out on Tri-Clops in the last challenge.

Movie mayhem!
    loving the entries so far. keep them coming

Chose to go with the snake theme, more in going with the New 52 Sorceress Teela. Enjoy.

~ What doesn't kill you only makes you stranger ~

This is my own personal vision for a new-look Masters of the Universe adaption. I've given the Sorceress a stripped back look. She now has a native american-esque, tribal look, along with giving her a new character to work with. Mystico would be my own replacement for Orko in my MOTU reboot. Mystico is a powerful Seer from a long forgotten race of mystical creatures. He is thousands of years old and very wise. He has the ability to channel visions of things to come with the use of his third eye.
    I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Hey, how about my Sorceress?
    I think shes awesome.