Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have storyboarded Masters among other things.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar

I have storyboarded Masters among other things.

I took some time and thought this year to storyboard some (potential) movies, in a perfect story telling form. With all the character structure and classic elements too.

Transformers 1+2, Robotech 1+2, Masters of the Universe 1+2.

I concider these to be the best stories of all time, or at least of the great 80's minds that thought them up.

The movies all have an ending, very significant music and a message.

I put them on my facebook.
    ...and the Masters movie boards are in my profile picture album.

I just dont know what to do with paper movies?
    How do I get them made?

Does anyone have Speilburg's number, or James Cameron?

Anyway I can tell you anything you want to know about Masters.

Paul Lynds
    Last edited by Eternian-King Paul; February 1, 2014 at 12:39am.

dont suppose u could put them on here.........
    SKELETOR OWNS HORDAK!! i have had an extremely good purchase of two motuc with shecky or as is on his profile "the man called v" a great guy so if you see an item of his you like do not hesitate to buy! Domino is selling an extremely impressive collection motuc in the marketplace. Great figures, great prices! get them while you can!

Tired of waiting for Hollywood.

I just finished building a Masters of the Universe chessboard and I will stop-motion animate it soon. (which is to say that I have more He-Mans than you)

Secondly,, Hordak deffinitly owns Skeletor.
    In my movies, Hordak will dramaticly capture all the blood-magic users on Eternia. (there is no Etheria, and to differ from rock-magic users like He-Man)

My storyboards are on youtube and on my account page.

It would be nice if I knew some rich peoples in Hollywood.
    Otherwise I dont know how to get my movies made.

If I tryed to make them in stop-motion it would take the rest of my life.
    ..and a stop-motion set in my apartment would scare the ladies away.
    Last edited by Eternian-King Paul; November 2, 2013 at 11:12pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Could you post your story boards here? Fortunately not everyone uses FB to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    First of all I dont need to be propositioned to buy stuff..
    I just finished building a Masters of the Universe chessboard and I will stop-motion animate it soon. (which is to say that I have more He-Mans than you)

In my movies, Hordak will dramaticly capture all the blood-magic users on Eternia. (there is no Etheria, and to differ from earth-magic users like He-Man)

My storyboards are on my facebook.
    Paul Lynds

Ok. I put up 2 storyboard picture albums on here.
    The first movie and the second.

I think you can read it clearly.
    Enjoy.
    (dont steal it) ..(the world is waiting to see this)
    Last edited by Eternian-King Paul; October 5, 2011 at 05:18am.

First of all I dont need to be propositioned to buy stuff..

In my movies, Hordak will dramaticly capture all the blood-magic users on Eternia. (there is no Etheria, and to differ from earth-magic users like He-Man)

My storyboards are on my facebook.
    Paul Lynds

my friend i am not trying to get you to buy donimos figures i am simply putting it on my signature, out of GRATITUDE for him. Secondly my Skeletor owns Hordak is not a detabable subject but an opinion. Next time please comment on my post not my signature.
    SKELETOR OWNS HORDAK!! i have had an extremely good purchase of two motuc with shecky or as is on his profile "the man called v" a great guy so if you see an item of his you like do not hesitate to buy! Domino is selling an extremely impressive collection motuc in the marketplace. Great figures, great prices! get them while you can!

Oh.
    I probably didn't realize that was a signature..

But did you read my storyboards?
    Do you think it makes sence?

The storyboards are in my picture albums on here.
    I want opinions.

I saw a few of your "storyboards." Umm, the art leaves much to be desired. And it goes from scene to scene without a linear narrative.

That said, it is an interesting start, but needs some work. Good job, so far...

I am looking forward to seeing the Wizards of Stone Mountain fan film. I think he is putting it online on the 31st. I am also glad that many fans are taking up the challange of producing their own films. We all have our own personal opinions of what makes MotU great, and creating your own film and putting it online is a great forum to display that.

What great times we live in.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

No offense, but I stopped at
    Musical sequence: The Police Wrapped Around My Finger.
    Not for me. Thanks.

The musical sequences are meant to keep the audience's mind planted on earth, as the story has a metaphorical meaning.

..what about Iron Maiden??

Did you read my storyboards?
    ..all of them?
    Last edited by Eternian-King Paul; October 17, 2011 at 11:07pm.

they're ok.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Do you guys have anything nice to say?

Did you read my storyboards?
    ..all of them?
    I looked at all of them. If you post storyboards for people to see, and ask for comments, you have to be prepared for all types of feedback. Sometimes that feedback won't be as positive as you may have been hoping for. Often, when I post pictures of custom action figures I have made, I will take criticism from members of this forum, and look at ways to improve on the designs. I suggest that you do the same with your storyboards.

It looks like the MOTU/POP storyboards you have drawn are very dear to you, but you need to look at it from a marketing point of view. Are 1980s pop songs going to be what an audience wants to hear in a He-Man movie? The short answer is no. They tried that with Flash Gordon, and it bombed at the box office. People want to hear orchestra music in sci-fi and fantasy films.

As for the storyboards themselves, they are fine for what they are, but you wouldn't be able to get a film made with them. You need to have an actual script for anyone to consider making a film. Sure, some artists have used graphic novels in the comics world as springboards for getting movies made (Kick A$$, Watchmen, 300), but simple storyboards are not enough. I would suggest writing an actual script.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; October 17, 2011 at 01:56pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

I hope my comment was not interpreted as rude I was trying to give an honest and constructive, albeit short, critique. I also complimented him on taking up the task of creating his own storyline for a movie, much like the "Wizard of Stone Mountain" guy.

Wow. I suppose any negative comment, even with the best intentions, can be viewed as rude. If so, then I apologize.

Sorry guys.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I'm not hurt by comments.
    ..I would want anyone with interest to read ALL my storyboards.

My Transformers and Robotech are not up here, but it is a set of work.
    Last edited by Eternian-King Paul; December 1, 2012 at 11:41pm.

I can understand that these movies could be done without heavy music, but it also conects Transformers and Robotech as a set.

..I am not a fine artist.
    ...but the stories are perfect. (I'm sorry if it is hard to read.)

I figure that if these movies were made right, I would need to be involved anyway.

Also if you watch my storyboards as a slide show on youtube it is text writen.
    (so its alot easier to read)

.. "Are all men from the future, loud mouth braggatts?"...
    ... "Just me baby, just me." ... Army of Darkness
    Last edited by Eternian-King Paul; December 1, 2012 at 11:42pm.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I've been reading through the comments, and I will commend you on undertaking such a project. It's never easy by any means.

The feedback I'm going to give is based on working several years as a Storyboard Coordinator on an Emmy winning animated series. Storyboards are meant to visually convey the script in visual form. The lines adjacent are to show dialogue or action notes, rather than telling the story itself. When working with boards, no one wants to read a block of text. Any notes are basically to synch up the shots with the voice track.

Boards should be concise and clear in the action taking place, and have good anatomy (even if stylized), a sense of setting and perspective, and above all, flow visually. You never want to look at boards and ask "Who is this?" or "What are they doing?" (And yes, the twins, monarchy, Skeletor and Orko clearly stood out. It was helpful because the boards uploaded so small I had some trouble making out the notes on the side because of that.)

In addition to good line quality and density, some artists will shade things in, though that's not necessary. Also, numbering the sequence and shots will help alerting people of a change. I can't tell you how often, even when they are numbered, it gets confusing if there's nothing conveying what angle the camera is coming from. Plus, having a healthy mix of far and close ups helps too.

You have some good angles. I liked the design for Queen Marlena's ship, though even in storyboards, you don't need to get that technical in the drawing. Storyboarders must be passionate about storytelling, and it's obvious you are. Keep working at it, honing your skills, and good journey.
    Last edited by Jon-O; October 20, 2011 at 06:46pm.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    see by saying stuff like this you are already starting off on the wrong foot, this kind of declaration is no doubt making people think "Yeah right we shall see about that." before they even open the thing and will spend more time looking for errors and flaws then anything else.
    Critisism is what I need to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    I've been reading through the comments, and I will commend you on undertaking such a project. It's never easy by any means.
    ..., and good journey.
    That you, muchly.

You can also see my Transformers and Robotech storyboards on Facebook.
    Paul Lynds

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    They tried that with Flash Gordon, and it bombed at the box office. As for the storyboards themselves, they are fine for what they are, but you wouldn't be able to get a film made with them. You need to have an actual script for anyone to consider making a film. Sure, some artists have used graphic novels in the comics world as springboards for getting movies made (Kick A$$, Watchmen, 300), but simple storyboards are not enough. I would suggest writing an actual script.
    Hey capt. ..I liked Flash Gordon.

..as for a script, , I could make one.. but I think that this material lends itself to improv..

(I could be wrong.)

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Hey capt. ..I liked Flash Gordon.

..as for a script, , I could make one.. but I think that this material lends itself to improv..

(I could be wrong.)
    You can't really improvise a whole film that has Special Effects in it. No Hollywood studio would allow that, as these films cost millions. Just the way it goes. This is why films of this nature often take so long to make. Without a finished script, the studio won't make it.

My advice to you, for what it is worth, is to forget about making a live action film, and make a stop-motion film instead. I saw your music video and it was really good. You could always ask friends to record the lines for the characters. You have the story boards done, so I think it would be easy to do. Time consuming, perhaps, but you have the talent in yourself to do it!
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; October 24, 2011 at 12:29am.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

I am busy making another stop-motion video.
    My chessboard of Eternia is finished being built, now I need to make a killer chess game happen.

I think Orko will be a major player in deffeating Hordak.

..also I am holding off on another stop-motion movie that is taking too long to admit.
    I am making a version of Gilbert & Sulivan's 'Pirates of Penzance' with Transformers, Robotech and He-Man's.
    I call it the Pirates of Eternia: 'Or a slave of Duty' as it were in 1890 when it was writen.

This stuff takes forever.
    Thanks for noticing Capt..

This is just a taste. The video wil be more like 10mins when it's done.
    Or rather when Eternia is deffened from invaders.

Extraordinary.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Thank you. It's still in the works.
    It's getting torturuos watching Hordak loose and Skeletor flee, frame by frame.

..it will all be over soon for the blue.

My storyboards are more important than my stop-motion to the world though.
    Last edited by Eternian-King Paul; December 1, 2012 at 11:47pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Eternian-King Paul - Hollywood's loss is He-Man.org's gain!