Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I have storyboarded Masters among other things.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar

Ram Man ...before the accident.

I am making up names, and combining ideals again.

I based this on the 'Laser Bolt' and 'Attak Trax'.
    I guess I call it AttakBolt.

It goes faster when the treads are level to the ground.

I didn't put any weapons on it, but that could be done.

Remedy cleaned their chalk board today.
    Thanks for space.

I tried to get this as close to the original as I could.

All Eternian compasses point to the Sun Temple.

In my storyboards, I combine the 'Diamond Ray' with the 'Sun Stone'.
    The stone is an otherwise typical magic-baring crystal rock, as I describe the power sword is made from also.
    The sun stone however has been exposed to direct sun light, where naturally these rocks are found deep in the ground unaccustomed to light rays. This stone has been in view of the eternian sun for countless years, (or maybe someone has been keeping an accurate count, I don't know..), until a certain local area problem by the name of Skeletor and his band of thieves steal it.
    The stone must be kept in a box or covered over, as you do not wish to look at it, because if you look at the stone its rays will trans-dimensionally trap you inside of it, and it is very difficult to get those in the stones inner limbo out again,, very difficult,, I assure you.

Skeletor uses the stone to trap Randor and some others, before getting a well deserved and swiftly delivered ..boot to the head.. by a defender of Eternia City.

Perfuma and Glimmer are as structurally important to my stories as RamMan and TrapJaw.

Magic to me is a useful character tool, that needs to be explained as clearly as possible, and be taken at least some what seriously in function as you see it used.
    If you don't care what the magic is, or specific guidelines to measure how to use it in the show, or who can have magic and how it affects them, then the story will be puzzling like Harry Potter or the Bible.
    ..and I don't think Filmation did the best job of expressing that, but very close to the line of a perfect story.

Ships ahoy and sails aloft.

Shipping goods to and from farm villages are a regular effort on Eternia.
    Big ships are used and the building of these ships is regulated by high kings present and long past.
    There are very few cycloptapuses in the western sea, greatly hunted for traveling safety.
    But, there is still a risk of lobstermen who pirate the west.
    Last edited by Eternian-King Paul; April 9, 2014 at 09:32am.

Things are different on Trola.

On Eternia only some people have magic, and it is a powerful legal issue, but on Trola everyone has magic.
    When everyone has magic it is hard to find reasons to impose law or jealousy.
    The way I see it, on Trola the Trolans empower themselves with fake magic, tricks, juggling, hats with secret compartments, etc..
    Gambling over the new born Trolan eggs, potential parents take responsibility of young over the weight of cards in a deck. Odd? Yes. But not necessarily bad either. Just odd.

I described this in the opening narrative of my second movie storyboards, told by Queen Marleena, who is herself an alien on Eternia ideologically.

As a rule Cringors do not like snow much.

I have only so many thoughts on where Cat's armour comes from.
    ..and I do think it must come from somewhere.
    (like its going to transform out of thin air like Optimus Prime's trailer disappearing..?)

Maybe it is found along the way, or Adam had it in a barn for a long time but Cat was scared to wear it until his friend becomes He-Man.

So I have taken a lot of liberties putting She-Ra in the Eternian landscape..

In my work He-Man tries to put Skeletor to rest, (unsuccessfully), and She-Ra tries to confront and oppose the birdlady keeper of GraySkull, (also unsuccessfully).

Adam has the strength of the kingship behind him, as he will be king, cause he's a boy.
    Adora has magic, natural magic. Throughout her life.
    Adam goes to GraySkull to become He-Man to impress his father and himself.
    Adora has these visions, of pain, other peoples pain, and she has empathy for them.

When Adora increases her magic power and declares herself She-Ra, she shortly seeks out the keeper of GraySkull for letting her brother gain great muscular strength and rampage blindly in the kingdom, as she is a proud princess and feels her brother is not necessarily the best role for King.
    Not only will no one listen to her in the royal halls, but the bird-people that look after GraySkull will not let her enter the walls of the great castle, as it is only meant for 'actual kings and such types, who are all boys.

Although She-Ra has very powerful magic, from the moon/sea-pearl amplifier Skeletor gave her, it will do no good at the deep abyssal crystal mine surrounding this castle.
    Also the sorceress don't take no guff.

So here is the result of attacking GraySkull, not-so-authoritatively.

In the lower levels of GraySkull, there is a workshop for shaping/crafting crystal rock.
    Using this rock, one can gain magnificent strength, of your nature physically.
    ..inner strength is different.

The Sorceress is a birdlady that volunteers to lead the protection of the secrets of the abyssal mining operation and old Eternium plate written knowledge in ancient well kept library halls inside.
    Using the crystal rock turns the Sorceress into a bird, large and mighty.

Zoar will scoop up She-Ra and SwiftWind into her beak and drop them miles away.

So this is as violent and gory as it needs to be in my story.

This is from a scene in my first movie, when everything starts, or begins to take form.
    This is something I will refer to as 'work ethic vs commonality' or otherwise known as the creation of RamMan and TrapJaw.

It all starts with an attack on the City Eternia, by Skeletor and his creature-people, where the outer wall of the city is broken down with bombs and forcibly entered to steal stuff.

The wall is later repaired and the crew are monitored by royal guards, who do not do any actual work.
    Nearing finish, the last large block of wall is off balance and requires someone on the other side of the wall to help push and pull it into place. So the small work crew is split up to walk all the way around the wall, and one worker is left to patiently maintain the block as it is. Turns out he is not patient and a bit slow-minded, and he tries to push in the block himself. It is too big for him.

As the one worker is crushed by the block of wall, a guard is smugly and quietly watching.
    ..(as a side note so is She-Ra/Adora, as she has visions of others pain)

Adam has just come back from a transformational trip to GraySkull and has become He-Man, shirt still ripped.
    The smug guard tells of the accident and makes a joke of it, calling the worker 'stupid' and that 'it is his own fault' for what has happened.
    He-Man does not think it is funny, and questions that the guard could have spoke up or helped, but this just creates a fighting argument, and the newly aspired He-Man does not know his own strength. Deflecting an offensive arm and punching, He-Man takes the guards arm off and shatters his jaw bone.

After seeing the power he has to harm, He-Man is stunned and only wants to correct this incident.
    Man-At-Arms, Duncan, is also attending the accident, having received a medic call and having brought 'Big Adam' with him to the outer wall. Duncan tells He-Man he can help the worker, who is still alive under the heavy block, which He-Man has no trouble lifting, saving the man with broken legs and popped spinal discs.

As He-Man runs away from all this, he has made a bitter enemy and a devoted friend.
    ..(also his sister has never really been happy about the not-so-kingliness of the future king, but that is a lot to put into one 3D image collada)

Look out! Randor has a pitcher!

This took a really long time to do, and I really wanted to make it bigger with a longer table.

So what this is, is a regional council table, where those representing areas of Eternia bring discussion to the fabulously idealistic high king. Those from any place with good reason can meet the council and discuss or debate their issues.
    It would more or less be an ongoing government system with little changes to the historical landscape and the agriculture as it has worked for many years of Eternian time. Although there are a few groups and creature-people that do not want to have anything to do with this body of government, or out right disagree with their decisions or do not even see eye to eye with their alleged king or self-titled king, like King Hiss of the snake people who have internal issues they do not want to bring to the high king, Randor.

Also in attendance is the prince and princess, they have issues too.
    Orko lets himself in, but is told to go by the Man-At-Arms, who has also told Adam that his cringor has to stay in the corner.

This is the council room all neat and tidy.
    Last edited by Eternian-King Paul; June 29, 2014 at 12:47pm.

Just a painful reminder that M. Bay said that a 'red' Prime was "..just not possible" or something.

REALLY??

Also I am sorry if you didn't need to be reminded.

So after doing Optimus Prime, I couldn't help doing a veritech jet from Robotech.

I should get back to doing He-Man stuff.

Any requests? Any thoughts?

I think its easy to believe that He-Man can do many great things without any help from his sister, even though she is ever present in my work.

At one point in my storyboards, He-Man creates a whirl of water in the eastern sea and tosses a Cycloptapus out from the deep, as a show of strength and superiority over the eternian animal kingdom. Not necessarily the kingdom he really should be thinking about.

Early in my storyboards, the city of Eternia is attacked by Snakemen and Beastmen.
    They explode the circle wall and begin to steal the tech of the central ruling city, where much of the advanced machines are made.
    Sharing is not in the interest of many eternians. These are reasonable problems in the brightlands.
    King Randor is hardly displeased by this and will later agree to do nothing in retaliation to those who dwell under Snakemountain.

Also I seem to make beastmen look like sasquatch. (no complaints so far).

Visions of empathy are troubling Adora, (who in my work is born with natural magic), she struggles to understand why she is told to supress and not use her magic at class at BrightMoon school.
    She sees the attack on the city as a local area problem that is wrong on a governing level.
    ..but no one will listen to her, locally.
    Last edited by Eternian-King Paul; July 2, 2014 at 11:31pm.

Adora sees visions of others pain, and this is one of her first and most important visions.
    She sees a Stridor loosing a rider in mid air.

In my work, the Stridors have a law they enforce strictly, called 'Point of Horn', that entails never allowing a human to ride them or give in to animal slavery as it were, a long kept rule.

SwiftWind is a Stridor that has no wish to be put down by any unnecessary rules.
    She wants to help travelers get through the difficult landscape of Eternia and at one point she is attacked by her own kind and forced to drop a simple farmer to uncertain harm.
    SwiftWind is also hurt by this attack and is later found by Adora, walking.
    They become companions and SwiftWind tells Adora that she is banned from flying in much of the brightlands.
    Adora uses magic and wisdom to compel Swifty to fly with her on royal wings.

Heroic Warrior
    I like this backstory.

It's different.

Everyone has pet and they both happily ever after. Human and pet in perfect harmony. Warm fuzzies all over the place. It's cookie cutter. The only thing missing is that there isn't a video of it with Sarah Mclachlan's "angel" playing in the background. almost to the point where you "get a room" or "why don't you just marry it". Makes me gag.

Animals can be mean or born with a bad attitude. They have feelings to. And maybe they don't want to be ridden or have anything to do with human. Case in point. Do you think a wolf or a lion go "hey! I wish I'd get adopted". Nope. Think those said lions are wishing they'd be put in a circus? nope.

need more proof? Those planet of the ape movies.

Bravo EKP. Bold move. I like it.

and boo to adora/she-ra for brainwashing animals. she's not worthy of greyskull's power.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    Adora sees visions of others pain, and this is one of her first and most important visions.
    She sees a Stridor loosing a rider in mid air.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...66994318_n.jpg
    In my work, the Stridors have a law they enforce strictly, called 'Point of Horn', that entails never allowing a human to ride them or give in to animal slavery as it were, a long kept rule.

SwiftWind is a Stridor that has no wish to be put down by any unnecessary rules.
    She wants to help travelers get through the difficult landscape of Eternia and at one point she is attacked by her own kind and forced to drop a simple farmer to uncertain harm.
    SwiftWind is also hurt by this attack and is later found by Adora, walking.
    They become companions and SwiftWind tells Adora that she is banned from flying in much of the brightlands.
    Adora uses magic and wisdom to compel Swifty to fly with her on royal wings.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I like this backstory.

It's different.

...and boo to adora/she-ra for brainwashing animals. she's not worthy of greyskull's power.
    Well, I didn't say she was brainwashing Swifty, nor did I say her magic comes from GreySkull.

I wrote in my storyboards that Adora/She-Ra uses magic to make SwiftWind fly faster, fire for thrust as I put it.

Also I see Adora as having natural/blood magic, from birth, different fundamentally from rock/crystal magic from the abyssal mine at GreySkull.

Otherwise thanks for noting the balance in character structure and total awesomeness of my work.
    ..(perhaps my own description )

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for explaining.

I'm not completely up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    Well, I didn't say she was brainwashing Swifty, nor did I say her magic comes from GreySkull.

I wrote in my storyboards that Adora/She-Ra uses magic to make SwiftWind fly faster, fire for thrust as I put it.

Also I see Adora as having natural/blood magic, from birth, different fundamentally from rock/crystal magic from the abyssal mine at GreySkull.

Otherwise thanks for noting the balance in character structure and total awesomeness of my work.
    ..(perhaps my own description )

So in my two movie storyboards, He-Man and She-Ra both visit the home of Granamyr the dragon, once per movie, to solve a big problem, and are not exactly given the help they ask for.

Dragons live in pits and holes dug in the ground, which over time has caused a massive lava flow above the surface of the darklands.
    To be clear, the darklands are basically the other side of the planet Eternia.

Dragons are the most strong, powerful, smart, magical, and overall awesomeness of any creature on the planet.
    They have been mostly uninterested in the plight of those in the brightlands, but Granamyr usually tolerates royal family visits, under the rule of King Randor. Dragons do not require food for sustenance, but they may just eat you, if they feel like it.

People and creature-people have either made sport of hunting dragons, or praised them unnecessarily for immeasurable years.
    ..that's why the Talon Flyer has no weapons.

Heroic Warrior
    Great ideas! However the panoply of ideas you have and the kind of tropes you would want to use might be best suited to a Masters of the Universe live action TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Gragar View Post
    Great ideas! However the panoply of ideas you have and the kind of tropes you would want to use might be best suited to a Masters of the Universe live action TV show.
    I do foresee that between the first movie 'He-Man and She-Ra' and the second movie 'Peace and Havoc' that there is a timeline perfect for a tv show.
    Although I am fairly sure that the movies would be made back to back first.
    ..if the world has any hope to see this ever happen.