View Poll Results: What Do You Think Of Ram Man?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Love All Versions Of Ram Man!!!

77 35.65%
  • I Love Filmation Ram Man!!!

10 4.63%
  • I Love Vintage Toy Ram Man!!!

23 10.65%
  • I Love Filmation & Vintage Toy Ram Man!!!

19 8.80%
  • I Love MYP Ram Man!!!

16 7.41%
  • I Love 2002 Toy Ram Man!!!

2 0.93%
  • I Love MYP & 2002 Toy Ram Man!!!

18 8.33%
  • I Love Filmation & MYP Ram Man!!!

6 2.78%
  • I Love Vintage & 2002 Toy Ram Man!!!

8 3.70%
  • I Couldn't Care Less!!!

11 5.09%
  • I Hate Ram Man!!!

7 3.24%
  • I Dislike Ram Man But Am Curious To See MOTUC Ram Man(in Christmas Colors)!!!

5 2.31%
  • I Dislike Ram Man But Am Curious To See MOTUC Ram Man(in Cardback Colors)!!!

14 6.48%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Think Of Ram Man!!!

What Do You Think Of Ram Man!!!

I'm surprised at seeing a lot of dislike for Ram Man on the boards recently. I don't feel there's anything wrong with disliking him, but I am surprised. I always thought Ram Man was a fan favorite. I'm curious to see how many of you out there(at least those in He-Man.org-land who participate in this poll) like Ram Man & how many dislike him.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Well, i only really know one version of Ram-man. and that's the filmation version. He's awesome. Was hysterical in the House of Shokoti episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneness View Post
    Was hysterical in the House of Shokoti episodes.
    The is one of the main reasons why I love that 2-parter and remembered it all the way from childhood up until we got the BCI DVDs released.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Warrior
    hmmm... felt weird voting for vintage toy Ram-man... But since we don't have mini-comic Rammy up there, thats the closest I had...

for the record I thought the toy was a goofy cheap piece of garbage... ZERO articualtion... and after a month the 'ramming' feature stopped working.

But I loved the mini-comic one..

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Love is a strong word for me but there is no "like" option. But anybody who wears skulls tastefully is alright with me
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    hmmm... felt weird voting for vintage toy Ram-man... But since we don't have mini-comic Rammy up there, thats the closest I had...

for the record I thought the toy was a goofy cheap piece of garbage... ZERO articualtion... and after a month the 'ramming' feature stopped working.

But I loved the mini-comic one..
    It took me 3 tries just to beat this site's time limit for polls with the 13 options I used. If I added in mini-comics, I never would have made it.

If you are a fan of the mini-comic Ram Man, pick "I Love Vintage Toy Ram Man".

JOIN THE GROUP...

I think Ram Man is cool as hell, but only the Filmation version. I felt he was a good supporting character.
    SUPPORTING THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HE-MAN 110%

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    MYP and 200X Ram Man, although I like the mini-comic Ram Man too.

I'd rather Ram Man be this big, huge guy who ran at you rather than a springy-legged dwarf. BOOOING!

As for the fans liking Ram Man, it's probably like SOTA with Dee Jay. While the Dee Jay character wasn't all that great, he was the only character left from Street Fighter 2 that didn't have a figure before the line ended. So the hype around him and Man-E-Faces is probably completionist hype, not that he's this awesome character.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 25, 2010 at 03:03pm.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) Azdar Belzar Chazdar 200X Evil-Lyn 200X Teenage Prince Adam 200X Teenage Teela 200X Sorceress General Rattlor (MYP) 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena Ice Armor He-Man WMD Roboto

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    all versions of rammy is fine by me

The Ram Man toys SUCKED big time! Barely moveable chunks of plastic... Gimme a Ram man that can move around and beat people up! (Like MYP's Ram Man... The MOTU version of the Juggernaut... Witch!) I despise The Filmation spring legs...
    I want Ram man to be a huge departure from previous toys (Having Poseability AND two separate legs.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Hmm... Ram Man is one of those characters that I am of two minds of... I kind of don't like him, but I see how he might be cool.

So, I'm interested in seeing the MotuC version, in CARDBACK colours! Might just buy him if he looks cool.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    MYP & the MVC 2002 comics where the best choices of mine. both toys are kinda off for me. I hope he gets a good makeover for the motuc.

Love is a strong word, but I still voted that I Love All Versions Of Ram Man!!!

I think Ram-Man is ok, but he's not my favorite character. I could easily live with him never being included in the MOTUC - toyline, but I'm also happy if he gets a release.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    It took me 3 tries just to beat this site's time limit for polls with the 13 options I used. If I added in mini-comics, I never would have made it.
    OT but that is exactly why I stopped posting polls! the time limit is a joke!

Now onto ram man!
    I cant stand Ram Man (he and Mekanek are my most despised characters) Ive been amazed at how much anti RM posts there have been in the last few weeks, I always assumed he was a HUGE favorite! so i kept my opinions of him to myself! Im so glad to know Im not alone anymore!

back in 1983 when I saw his pic on the back of the minicomics, I thought he looked amazing, but when I got him and he was a fragile piece of junk, I hated him, and never played with him!

then I saw a couple of Filmation episodes and I saw what a stupid oaf of a characterization they gave him, I really Loathed him! That has never changed!

But in all honesty the Poll choice I went with was 'I Dislike Ram Man But Am Curious To See MOTUC Ram Man(in Cardback Colors)!!!' Because I realise that I loved the yellow and red version on the minicomics. so I want to see him as an actual 'Action' figure. (with legs and posable arms!)

Im hoping the 4H can make me love him! Ok Im waiting...Wow me!

ka
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; October 28, 2010 at 05:16am.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

The final vintage figure was a huge failure IMO.
    The 200X figure was better, but still lacking alot.

I actually like Ram-Man how he's been portrayed in the old Series 2 minicomics. Never been a fan of his cartoon portrayals.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Where is the mini-comics/cardback choice?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Roton 3) Karg 4) Lodar 5) Mask of Power Demons 6) Road Ripper 7) Vintage Fright Zone 12) Dragon Walker

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Where is the mini-comics/cardback choice?
    He was never released in those colors so I didn't bother. As I already said above, if you like the mini-comics version, you're going to have vote "vintage toy". I feel I offered quite a few options(more than most would in a simple like/dislike poll). There's no way in hell I would have been able to finish within the time limit if I offered every possible combination. It would also have been over the 25 option limit as well.

JOIN THE GROUP...

It's all good with me, though I admit I prefer the MYP/200X Ram Man character and toys. I loved that he was afraid of the dark in the new toon.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

i also vote for mini-comic Ram-Man

mini comics version, i remember all of the comics he was on

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I honestly don't really care that much for Ram Man. He was the one figure that I didn't have as a kid. I can't quite remember if it's because he looked like crap to me, if I could never find him, or whatever the case may be.

However, Ram Man is needed for a MOTUC collection. My prefered choice is the cardback art color scheme style Ram Man. The orange is a much better color choice than the Christmas colors. I'm sure they'll have to do the vintage colored one because that was the one back in the vintage line, but I'd definitely buy a repaint too if they do the orange version.

I chose "I dislike Ram Man but want to see the cardback version in MOTUC". However, if I had to choose which Ram Man I prefer, I pick the Filmation version.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I haven't been on the boards as much lately so seem to have missed the Rammy hate - I always thought he was pretty high up in the fan favourite stakes.

Either way, I love Rammy - he was one of my first figures as a kid (we went to a market where the seller was selling figures dirty cheap - unusually, my mother let me pick two, I got Ram Man AND Faker!). Either way... he's one of the few characters that I think has been pretty consistant through all of his incarnations.

Without diving into a totally different debate, I was a bit miffed that so much unique tooling had gone into the likes of newbies such as Chief Carnvius, where as a long-time classic such as Rammy is just crying out for a MOTUC figure.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    I love Ram Man! I really hope he's the April release for the figures! At this point, it's looking more like it's going to be Sy-Klone, which I'm ok with too, but I would love to see Rammy soon in all his MOTUC glory!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    What is with DC Minicomic Ram-Man?

Mini-comic Ram Man (early mini comics at least) is the only one I've really liked so far (though I much prefer MYP/200x to Filmation).

Both cartoon versions have been idiots (and that's being kind), but at least the MYP version wasn't the love-child of a traditional fantasy dwarf and a Slinky.

The toy versions were both awful too, so I'm really looking forward to a fully-articulated, non-spring-loaded, non-craptastic Ram Man figure in the Classics line.