View Poll Results: Who Do You Want More: Shokoti Or Illumina?

Voters
283. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shokoti!!!

    217 76.68%
  • Illumina!!!

    66 23.32%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 119

Thread: Who Do You Want More: Shokoti Or Illumina?

  1. #76
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toyguru's closet ^_^
    Posts
    2,152
    Yes and if you would have used Ram Man the same result would occur. There is a very strong fan base for Shokoti and as far as I know didn't TG say she's on the roadmap already? I will say though that I think people who expect her to look like the statuette are going to be in for a bitter surprise.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    The results so far tell me it's a good idea(at least for Illumina fans) that Huntara was used for the "He-Man.Org Poll" instead of Shokoti.
    Last edited by vertigoink; December 12, 2011 at 05:26pm. Reason: Clarify

  2. #77
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    The results so far tell me it's a good idea(at least for Illumina fans) that Huntara was used for the "He-Man.Org Poll" instead of Shokoti.
    Why the hate-on for Illumina? I see your new tagline too. People are getting paranoid with the trick "either or" thing, methinks. Personally, I love both and want both.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  3. #78
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Why the hate-on for Illumina? I see your new tagline too. People are getting paranoid with the trick "either or" thing, methinks. Personally, I love both and want both.
    I wouldn't say it's a "hate-on". I made this poll based on your comparing Illumina with Shokoti. As for my new tagline, since Mattel hasn't made an "official" bio for Illumina, Shokoti is it.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  4. #79
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I wouldn't say it's a "hate-on". I made this poll based on your comparing Illumina with Shokoti. As for my new tagline, since Mattel hasn't made an "official" bio for Illumina, Shokoti is it.
    I know why the poll was created, and that's cool. I just meant, based on the new tagline. Besides, Shokoti doesn't have an official Mattel bio ...nor a trademark. She might have to be called something else for all we know. I certainly hope not, though. It breaks my heart when crap like that happens!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  5. #80
    Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Planet Eronia
    Posts
    18,025
    Wait til I start Huntara Day and everyone has a Huntara avatar!!!!!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

  6. #81
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Wait til I start Huntara Day and everyone has a Huntara avatar!!!!!
    I would happily join you!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  7. #82
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    6,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I wouldn't say it's a "hate-on". I made this poll based on your comparing Illumina with Shokoti. As for my new tagline, since Mattel hasn't made an "official" bio for Illumina, Shokoti is it.
    But she's not the only blue woman in MOTU even if you discount Illumina. There's also the Council of the Wise leader from the comics and the blue woman from the Council of Elders in the cartoon. Shokoti is her own worthy character, she doesn't need to tear down other blue girls to look better! Also as Darkspecter points out, Shokoti doesn't have an "official" MOTUC bio yet either. She'll probably have one next year, and don't think I'm not looking forward to reading your response to it as much as the bio itself!

  8. #83
    #1 Meteorb Fan! Joe Amato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,839
    Shokoti!

  9. #84
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    But she's not the only blue woman in MOTU even if you discount Illumina. There's also the Council of the Wise leader from the comics and the blue woman from the Council of Elders in the cartoon. Shokoti is her own worthy character, she doesn't need to tear down other blue girls to look better! Also as Darkspecter points out, Shokoti doesn't have an "official" MOTUC bio yet either. She'll probably have one next year, and don't think I'm not looking forward to reading your response to it as much as the bio itself!
    The bios mean nothing to me. I read them since they are there, but they are nothing I subscribe to. I appreciate what they attempt to do, but there are too many things in them I disagree with to ever consider them as anything but a valiant but unsuccessful effort. For the most part, Filmation is the only "official" canon for me.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  10. #85
    #1 Meteorb Fan! Joe Amato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,839
    And maybe she could look something like this.






  11. #86
    Evil Sorcerer! Pravus Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,697
    Illumina has a great bust. Shokoti has a great waist to hip ratio.

    Hmmm... I'm a boob guy. Illumina it is.

    Wait, did I misunderstand the question?
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

  12. #87
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    2,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    If Shokoti is made a "G-word" just because she's blue, then I guess Fisto, Ram Man, Man-At-Arms, & Mekaneck must all be Americans of European descent since that's what Marlena is.
    fine by me 2k Fisto looked like some kind of Nordic bezerker bezerker bezerk viking to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Yeah, I can't vote. If I had two moms, this is like watching them fight. I don't like that.
    Pick your birth mother.

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Wait til I start Huntara Day and everyone has a Huntara avatar!!!!!
    Please tell me you're joking.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    Illumina has a great bust. Shokoti has a great waist to hip ratio.

    Hmmm... I'm a boob guy. Illumina it is.

    Wait, did I misunderstand the question?
    Nope. Just got a little distracted that'sall

    Not a big fan of either. I hope both camps get their choice.

  13. #88
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    The bios mean nothing to me. I read them since they are there, but they are nothing I subscribe to. I appreciate what they attempt to do, but there are too many things in them I disagree with to ever consider them as anything but a valiant but unsuccessful effort. For the most part, Filmation is the only "official" canon for me.
    What about Dree-Elle?



    Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    And maybe she could look something like this.
    That would be cool. I hope she does come with that thing!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    Illumina has a great bust. Shokoti has a great waist to hip ratio.

    Hmmm... I'm a boob guy. Illumina it is.

    Wait, did I misunderstand the question?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  14. #89
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I said "blue girl", not blue skinned. Dree-Elle is mostly red. Besides, even if we're talking skin, show me a picture of her face. Just because her hands & ears are one color doesn't mean her face is the same...

    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; December 14, 2011 at 12:11am.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  15. #90
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I said "blue girl", not blue skinned. Dree-Elle is mostly red. Besides, even if we're talking skin, show me a picture of her face. Just because her hands & ears are one color doesn't mean her face is the same...
    Mostly red? Her clothes are that colour! That's like saying Shadow Weaver is red! She WAS human (caucasian) but is now green skinned.

    Anyhow, here are some pics of Dree-Elle!





    Other Trollans who don't "save face" so to speak (which is why I fully believe all Trollans are fully blue skinned):



    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  16. #91
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Mostly red? Her clothes are that colour! That's like saying Shadow Weaver is red! She WAS human (caucasian) but is now green skinned.

    Anyhow, here are some pics of Dree-Elle!

    http://www.c4vct.com/kym/numbskul/art/2ndsight.jpg

    http://www.c4vct.com/kym/numbskul/art/dree-sari.jpg

    Other Trollans who don't "save face" so to speak (which is why I fully believe all Trollans are fully blue skinned):

    http://www.frankshemanpage.net/return01.JPG

    http://www.frankshemanpage.net/middle01.JPG
    That Dree-Elle art is fan art. Mattel didn't spend a lot of money to produce toys based on that. Fearless Photog seems to be the only fan art that Mattel is currently interested in making toys of(at least until a winner is announced for the new "Create A Character" design contest). Besides, all Trollans are blue? That's like saying all humans are white. RACIST!!!

    This is asinine. I get it. You & your ilk don't approve of, appreciate, and/or like the tagline under my avatar. Noted.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; December 14, 2011 at 01:42am.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  17. #92
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    That Dree-Elle art is fan art. Mattel didn't spend a lot of money to produce toys based on that. Fearless Photog seems to be the only fan art that Mattel is currently interested in making toys of(at least until a winner is announced for the new toy design contest). Besides, all Trollans are blue? That's like saying all humans are white. RACIST!!!

    This is asinine. I get it. You & your ilk don't approve of, appreciate, and/or like the tagline under my avatar. Noted.





    I thought you didn't consider Illumina cannon, fine...so gbagok mentioned the other Gar woman in the comic who was blue and the Ancient in MYP that was blue. You only follow Filmation, that's cool...so I thought you forgot about Dree-Elle and you asked to see a pic of her. I showed the fan art as a joke, but I do believe all Trollans are blue as all of them (even the different "species" of Trollans) are blue. Kind of like the Smurfs. ALL Smurfs are blue (unless they get bitten by a special kind of fly, then they turn black...or purple in the cartoon).

    I don't know if your last post was in jest...but calling me a racist is ridiculous (because I want characters of ALL colours in this line), but is mostly very hurtful. I don't know if you think I'm being mean and negative, giving you a hard time or you're "sick of hearing about Illumina from me" (as some people have expressed), but I didn't mean to **** you off...and I thought we were .org buddies.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; December 14, 2011 at 01:52am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  18. #93
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post



    I'm not sure I understand your response of shock & sadness(if I'm reading your smilies correctly). I honestly feel this is going nowhere. We can both go back & forth like this for weeks, but it's an exercise in futility. I feel it's beyond obvious how we both feel. Let's just end this now.

    Also, I was obviously kidding(at least I hope it was obvious) about you being a "racist".
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  19. #94
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your response of shock & sadness(if I'm reading your smilies correctly). I honestly feel this is going nowhere. We can both go back & forth like this for weeks, but it's an exercise in futility. I feel it's beyond obvious how we both feel. Let's just end this now.

    Also, I was obviously kidding(at least I hope it was obvious) about you being a "racist".
    Oh, no...I didn't get the kidding vibe. I'm glad you were though. There's just been a lot of negativity and hostility lately on the .org and there's kind of been a bit thrown my way because I support and would like an Illumina figure in MOTUC. So, I'm finding it hard to know when someone is joking anymore.

    I love all eras of MOTUC and want figures of almost everyone...I just happen to really love Illumina and I was really crushed when she didn't appear in the MVC comic, but I also love Huntara and Shokoti and would love figures of them. *shrugs* I just hope we get these characters soon so everyone can start being nice again. I think the root of the negativity is that everyone secretly fears the line is going to end soon (lower sub sales, lower production numbers, higher costs, lots of problems) so it's turning into a giant battle of "get my favourites out NOW!"

    I'm not saying you're doing any of that stuff...just felt like venting a little, I guess.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; December 14, 2011 at 02:05am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  20. #95
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I don't know if your last post was in jest...but calling me a racist is ridiculous (because I want characters of ALL colours in this line), but is mostly very hurtful. I don't know if you think I'm being mean and negative, giving you a hard time or you're "sick of hearing about Illumina from me" (as some people have expressed), but I didn't mean to **** you off...and I thought we were .org buddies.
    Sorry. I guess my sarcasm wasn't as obvious as I thought. If I really thought you were being racist, I just wouldn't have responded. I was 100% kidding.

    I also wasn't ticked off. I just know how both of us can get. We'll keep going back & forth until one of us gives up or a mod tells us to stop. Since I don't spend as much time on this site as I used to, I just don't want all my time here to be spent debating over this one topic.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; December 14, 2011 at 02:12am.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  21. #96
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Sorry. I guess my sarcasm wasn't as obvious as I thought. If I really thought you were being racist, I just wouldn't have responded. I was 100% kidding.

    I also wasn't ticked off. I just know how both of us can get. We'll keep going back & forth until one of us gives up or a mod tells us to stop. Since I don't spend as much time on this site as I used to, I just don't want all my time here to be spent debating over this one topic.
    It's okay. Thread, continue!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  22. #97
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    It's okay. Thread, continue!
    Also, for the record, I didn't think you were being mean or negative. You wear your passions on your sleeve, but I honestly don't remember you getting mean with people very often, if ever, in the past.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  23. #98
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    10,027
    I've heard, albeit from one source only, that Shokoti MIGHT make it into 2012's line-up.

    But that's a big maybe.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

  24. #99
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,556
    Depends....is Shokoti wearing a thong in that statue pic?
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  25. #100
    Heroic Warrior Eternian Poet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,837
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Depends....is Shokoti wearing a thong in that statue pic?
    Yes she is... I vote Shokoti!

    However, if she's released with Adora's granny-panties (as in the pix above), or the Star-Sister's dumpy-crotch, I will never buy her.

    Does anyone know if that Shokoti status is the same size as MOTUC?
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; December 14, 2011 at 02:20pm.
    ***
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •