View Poll Results: Who Do You Want More: Shokoti Or Illumina?

Voters
283. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shokoti!!!

217 76.68%
  • Illumina!!!

66 23.32%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Who Do You Want More: Shokoti Or Illumina?

Heroic Warrior
    Yes and if you would have used Ram Man the same result would occur. There is a very strong fan base for Shokoti and as far as I know didn't TG say she's on the roadmap already? I will say though that I think people who expect her to look like the statuette are going to be in for a bitter surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    The results so far tell me it's a good idea(at least for Illumina fans) that Huntara was used for the "He-Man.Org Poll" instead of Shokoti.
    Last edited by vertigoink; December 12, 2011 at 05:26pm. Reason: Clarify

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    The results so far tell me it's a good idea(at least for Illumina fans) that Huntara was used for the "He-Man.Org Poll" instead of Shokoti.
    Why the hate-on for Illumina? I see your new tagline too. People are getting paranoid with the trick "either or" thing, methinks. Personally, I love both and want both.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Why the hate-on for Illumina? I see your new tagline too. People are getting paranoid with the trick "either or" thing, methinks. Personally, I love both and want both.
    I wouldn't say it's a "hate-on". I made this poll based on your comparing Illumina with Shokoti. As for my new tagline, since Mattel hasn't made an "official" bio for Illumina, Shokoti is it.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I wouldn't say it's a "hate-on". I made this poll based on your comparing Illumina with Shokoti. As for my new tagline, since Mattel hasn't made an "official" bio for Illumina, Shokoti is it.
    I know why the poll was created, and that's cool. I just meant, based on the new tagline. Besides, Shokoti doesn't have an official Mattel bio ...nor a trademark. She might have to be called something else for all we know. I certainly hope not, though. It breaks my heart when crap like that happens!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Wait til I start Huntara Day and everyone has a Huntara avatar!!!!!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I would happily join you!

But she's not the only blue woman in MOTU even if you discount Illumina. There's also the Council of the Wise leader from the comics and the blue woman from the Council of Elders in the cartoon. Shokoti is her own worthy character, she doesn't need to tear down other blue girls to look better! Also as Darkspecter points out, Shokoti doesn't have an "official" MOTUC bio yet either. She'll probably have one next year, and don't think I'm not looking forward to reading your response to it as much as the bio itself!

Shokoti!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    But she's not the only blue woman in MOTU even if you discount Illumina. There's also the Council of the Wise leader from the comics and the blue woman from the Council of Elders in the cartoon. Shokoti is her own worthy character, she doesn't need to tear down other blue girls to look better! Also as Darkspecter points out, Shokoti doesn't have an "official" MOTUC bio yet either. She'll probably have one next year, and don't think I'm not looking forward to reading your response to it as much as the bio itself!
    The bios mean nothing to me. I read them since they are there, but they are nothing I subscribe to. I appreciate what they attempt to do, but there are too many things in them I disagree with to ever consider them as anything but a valiant but unsuccessful effort. For the most part, Filmation is the only "official" canon for me.

JOIN THE GROUP...

And maybe she could look something like this.

Illumina has a great bust. Shokoti has a great waist to hip ratio.

Hmmm... I'm a boob guy. Illumina it is.

Wait, did I misunderstand the question?
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Heroic Warrior
    If Shokoti is made a "G-word" just because she's blue, then I guess Fisto, Ram Man, Man-At-Arms, & Mekaneck must all be Americans of European descent since that's what Marlena is.
    fine by me 2k Fisto looked like some kind of Nordic bezerker bezerker bezerk viking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Yeah, I can't vote. If I had two moms, this is like watching them fight. I don't like that.
    Pick your birth mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Please tell me you're joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post

Nope. Just got a little distracted that'sall

Not a big fan of either. I hope both camps get their choice.

The bios mean nothing to me. I read them since they are there, but they are nothing I subscribe to. I appreciate what they attempt to do, but there are too many things in them I disagree with to ever consider them as anything but a valiant but unsuccessful effort. For the most part, Filmation is the only "official" canon for me.
    What about Dree-Elle?

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    And maybe she could look something like this.
    That would be cool. I hope she does come with that thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post

I said "blue girl", not blue skinned. Dree-Elle is mostly red. Besides, even if we're talking skin, show me a picture of her face. Just because her hands & ears are one color doesn't mean her face is the same...

Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; December 14, 2011 at 12:11am.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I said "blue girl", not blue skinned. Dree-Elle is mostly red. Besides, even if we're talking skin, show me a picture of her face. Just because her hands & ears are one color doesn't mean her face is the same...
    Mostly red? Her clothes are that colour! That's like saying Shadow Weaver is red! She WAS human (caucasian) but is now green skinned.

Anyhow, here are some pics of Dree-Elle!

Other Trollans who don't "save face" so to speak (which is why I fully believe all Trollans are fully blue skinned):

Mostly red? Her clothes are that colour! That's like saying Shadow Weaver is red! She WAS human (caucasian) but is now green skinned.

Anyhow, here are some pics of Dree-Elle!

http://www.c4vct.com/kym/numbskul/art/2ndsight.jpg

http://www.c4vct.com/kym/numbskul/art/dree-sari.jpg

Other Trollans who don't "save face" so to speak (which is why I fully believe all Trollans are fully blue skinned):

http://www.frankshemanpage.net/return01.JPG

http://www.frankshemanpage.net/middle01.JPG
    That Dree-Elle art is fan art. Mattel didn't spend a lot of money to produce toys based on that. Fearless Photog seems to be the only fan art that Mattel is currently interested in making toys of(at least until a winner is announced for the new "Create A Character" design contest). Besides, all Trollans are blue? That's like saying all humans are white. RACIST!!!

This is asinine. I get it. You & your ilk don't approve of, appreciate, and/or like the tagline under my avatar. Noted.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; December 14, 2011 at 01:42am.

JOIN THE GROUP...

That Dree-Elle art is fan art. Mattel didn't spend a lot of money to produce toys based on that. Fearless Photog seems to be the only fan art that Mattel is currently interested in making toys of(at least until a winner is announced for the new toy design contest). Besides, all Trollans are blue? That's like saying all humans are white. RACIST!!!

This is asinine. I get it. You & your ilk don't approve of, appreciate, and/or like the tagline under my avatar. Noted.

I thought you didn't consider Illumina cannon, fine...so gbagok mentioned the other Gar woman in the comic who was blue and the Ancient in MYP that was blue. You only follow Filmation, that's cool...so I thought you forgot about Dree-Elle and you asked to see a pic of her. I showed the fan art as a joke, but I do believe all Trollans are blue as all of them (even the different "species" of Trollans) are blue. Kind of like the Smurfs. ALL Smurfs are blue (unless they get bitten by a special kind of fly, then they turn black...or purple in the cartoon).

I don't know if your last post was in jest...but calling me a racist is ridiculous (because I want characters of ALL colours in this line), but is mostly very hurtful. I don't know if you think I'm being mean and negative, giving you a hard time or you're "sick of hearing about Illumina from me" (as some people have expressed), but I didn't mean to **** you off...and I thought we were .org buddies.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; December 14, 2011 at 01:52am.

I'm not sure I understand your response of shock & sadness(if I'm reading your smilies correctly). I honestly feel this is going nowhere. We can both go back & forth like this for weeks, but it's an exercise in futility. I feel it's beyond obvious how we both feel. Let's just end this now.

Also, I was obviously kidding(at least I hope it was obvious) about you being a "racist".

JOIN THE GROUP...

I'm not sure I understand your response of shock & sadness(if I'm reading your smilies correctly). I honestly feel this is going nowhere. We can both go back & forth like this for weeks, but it's an exercise in futility. I feel it's beyond obvious how we both feel. Let's just end this now.

Also, I was obviously kidding(at least I hope it was obvious) about you being a "racist".
    Oh, no...I didn't get the kidding vibe. I'm glad you were though. There's just been a lot of negativity and hostility lately on the .org and there's kind of been a bit thrown my way because I support and would like an Illumina figure in MOTUC. So, I'm finding it hard to know when someone is joking anymore.

I love all eras of MOTUC and want figures of almost everyone...I just happen to really love Illumina and I was really crushed when she didn't appear in the MVC comic, but I also love Huntara and Shokoti and would love figures of them. *shrugs* I just hope we get these characters soon so everyone can start being nice again. I think the root of the negativity is that everyone secretly fears the line is going to end soon (lower sub sales, lower production numbers, higher costs, lots of problems) so it's turning into a giant battle of "get my favourites out NOW!"

I'm not saying you're doing any of that stuff...just felt like venting a little, I guess.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; December 14, 2011 at 02:05am.

I don't know if your last post was in jest...but calling me a racist is ridiculous (because I want characters of ALL colours in this line), but is mostly very hurtful. I don't know if you think I'm being mean and negative, giving you a hard time or you're "sick of hearing about Illumina from me" (as some people have expressed), but I didn't mean to **** you off...and I thought we were .org buddies.
    Sorry. I guess my sarcasm wasn't as obvious as I thought. If I really thought you were being racist, I just wouldn't have responded. I was 100% kidding.

I also wasn't ticked off. I just know how both of us can get. We'll keep going back & forth until one of us gives up or a mod tells us to stop. Since I don't spend as much time on this site as I used to, I just don't want all my time here to be spent debating over this one topic.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; December 14, 2011 at 02:12am.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Sorry. I guess my sarcasm wasn't as obvious as I thought. If I really thought you were being racist, I just wouldn't have responded. I was 100% kidding.

I also wasn't ticked off. I just know how both of us can get. We'll keep going back & forth until one of us gives up or a mod tells us to stop. Since I don't spend as much time on this site as I used to, I just don't want all my time here to be spent debating over this one topic.
    It's okay. Thread, continue!

It's okay. Thread, continue!
    Also, for the record, I didn't think you were being mean or negative. You wear your passions on your sleeve, but I honestly don't remember you getting mean with people very often, if ever, in the past.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I've heard, albeit from one source only, that Shokoti MIGHT make it into 2012's line-up.

But that's a big maybe.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Depends....is Shokoti wearing a thong in that statue pic?
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Depends....is Shokoti wearing a thong in that statue pic?
    Yes she is... I vote Shokoti!

However, if she's released with Adora's granny-panties (as in the pix above), or the Star-Sister's dumpy-crotch, I will never buy her.

Does anyone know if that Shokoti status is the same size as MOTUC?
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; December 14, 2011 at 02:20pm.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!