Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Character: Our own universe

Create-A-Character: Our own universe

A CATALOG OF ALL FAN CREATED CHARACTERS ON THE ORG

Hey folks, if you havent checked out the Fan Art forum lately, There is much going on in the interest of fan created characters.

So, there are not too many spots available for the actual winner of a new figure to incorporate in the line, but that doesn't mean that there aren't tons of great ideas out there. After all, we've all had 30 years to think of a character of our own to insert into the mythos of MOTU.

I'd like this thread to be a place where we can see eachother's ideas; where we can share our ambitious imagination with others in the hope to personalize or improve the story of He-Man VS Skeletor.

I'll start by posting some of th art I've done for some of the Org members who took up my offer, and some of my own ideas as well.

I hope to see tons of ideas, even if you dont have art to share, I'd love to see the bios you've come up with. PM me if you want me to render your character into MOTU art)

Taliss-Man is the secretive Guardian of the Spectral Helm. Once one of the Elders of Eternia, he, like the Faceless-One, have vowed to protect powerful and sacred artifacts from the clutches of evil.

Wolfsfang is actually a human called Garrett, a member of a race of wolf like beings called Lupians, who turns into Wolfsfang by wearing the mystical gauntlets. He is the only one of his race who can do this because he is the reincarnation of the original Wolfsfang who died circa 1000 years ago. ( sample story, but it may change depending on Wolfsfang's ideas)

Charlie, the Brother of PYRE, shares in his power to control extreme heat. Though PYRE's strength comes from harnessing the power of a dying star, Charr's powers are less of a threat to his allies in their diluted state; his power comes from the connection to his brother, an indirect source to the power of the dying star.

A member of the horde, Anguish gains strength from inflicting pain on himself. He is the master of misery.

A fallen eternian soldier and assistant to Man-At-Arms in the lab, Tech-Treck has been clad with the very same technology he has helped Man-At-Arms supply for enhancement of the Masters.
    Last edited by Pyre; October 16, 2011 at 01:18pm.

Just change the names and dates to protect the innocent ( make it less MOTU) and you've got your own cartoon show there. Good stuff.
    Love, friendship, or respect, do not unite people as much as a common hatred for something.
    I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.

well Wolfy is not exactly they way he is in the New Vision because in that he is called Wolfsfang not Wolf's-Fang and he is actually a human called Garrett who tuns into Wolfsfang (who was a member of a race of wolf like beings called Lupians) by wearing the magical gauntlets...oh and he also happens to be the only one who can do this as he is also the reincarnation of the original Wolfy who died about 1000 years ago.

But this is your thing so I'm fine with the changes, I shall view him as an elseworlds Wolfy

Oh and as for Anguish sure inflicting pain on himself is a cool way for him to power up but when I came up with the pain empowers him idea I was thinking more that when he gets injured in battle instead of stopping and getting the heck out of their he just gets stronger. So basically the more damage his opponent does to Anguish the more trouble the opponent is in
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Great thread. Tech treks true origin was a mechanic for the city of neuthonia. A fiction series I created. Obviously with all the fun we have in the fan fiction section it was easy to write him into the wonderful world of eternia.

He is the local mechanic. And creator. He does little jobs and even some for man at arms. The ones that are over man at arms head.

It never made sense to me that in all of the great inventions and creations that are in eternia, it is pretty unrealistic that man at arms gets credit and does it all. Its actually part of 200xthe that waters down duncan. He became the batman of eternia.

Why wouldn't there be another guy who, say was the guy who result rio blast. Build the attach trak. And designed the eternian security system...

He has his own garage in central eternia.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    well Wolfy is not exactly they way he is in the New Vision because in that he is called Wolfsfang not Wolf's-Fang and he is actually a human called Garrett who tuns into Wolfsfang (who was a member of a race of wolf like beings called Lupians) by wearing the magical gauntlets...oh and he also happens to be the only one who can do this as he is also the reincarnation of the original Wolfy who died about 1000 years ago.

But this is your thing so I'm fine with the changes, I shall view him as an elseworlds Wolfy

Oh and as for Anguish sure inflicting pain on himself is a cool way for him to power up but when I came up with the pain empowers him idea I was thinking more that when he gets injured in battle instead of stopping and getting the heck out of their he just gets stronger. So basically the more damage his opponent does to Anguish the more trouble the opponent is in

heck no Wolfster! This is your character! I'll make the changes =)

So where are the replies to this thread going?
    Love, friendship, or respect, do not unite people as much as a common hatred for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Treeface View Post
    So where are the replies to this thread going?
    Right in it! Keep the comments and replies coming I am assuming. I don't mean to speak out of turn

Lol not for me, when I click the link there seems to be a few missing. Or maybe I'm just crazier than usual.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Treeface View Post
    Just change the names and dates to protect the innocent ( make it less MOTU) and you've got your own cartoon show there. Good stuff.

People out there in internetland should spend less time trying to think up fan characters to insert into existing properties and MORE time developing their own characters and concepts. I've been doing it for twenty or more years and, although I don't make any money at it, it is very fun knowing that the ones I make are mine. Also keeps the imagination sharp.

That, and ones out there with the ambition and money can always try and make their own franchise in the entertainment industry whether it be a series of novels, a TV live action show, a cartoon or movies. Seriously, we need fan talent to start developing cool stuff considering all Hollywood can churn out is crap soap opera vampires and remakes of things that have come before.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    People out there in internetland should spend less time trying to think up fan characters to insert into existing properties and MORE time developing their own characters and concepts. I've been doing it for twenty or more years and, although I don't make any money at it, it is very fun knowing that the ones I make are mine. Also keeps the imagination sharp.

That, and ones out there with the ambition and money can always try and make their own franchise in the entertainment industry whether it be a series of novels, a TV live action show, a cartoon or movies. Seriously, we need fan talent to start developing cool stuff considering all Hollywood can churn out is crap soap opera vampires and remakes of things that have come before.
    I have been creating characters for years. Only seriously the past 3. Right now I have a fantasy novel in the publishing process and a comic book that is in limbo because of the artist s schedule.

That being said I see what you mean by creating characters. For me its one of the most satisfying things breathing life into a creation.

Motu has always been an inspiration for my personal characters. Its just much easier infusing them into the existing line and lore to see how people will react and take them. For motu fans in would be boring if I told you Techtrek was a mechanic from northern Corinth a small city in neuthonia. If I say he went to mechanical school with duncan and actually was considered a superior student and inventor ... now that gets people talking.

Others might love the idea of creating a character but might not like writing or explaining stories. Or they might not be good at it. I mean. I know some people that can create the look and power but can't think at all past that..

Everything has inspiration too.

I am happy and hole when people read my book someday they can see my love for motu. Or at least see hints of it.

I have been creating characters for years. Only seriously the past 3. Right now I have a fantasy novel in the publishing process and a comic book that is in limbo because of the artist s schedule.

That being said I see what you mean by creating characters. For me its one of the most satisfying things breathing life into a creation.

Motu has always been an inspiration for my personal characters. Its just much easier infusing them into the existing line and lore to see how people will react and take them. For motu fans in would be boring if I told you Techtrek was a mechanic from northern Corinth a small city in neuthonia. If I say he went to mechanical school with duncan and actually was considered a superior student and inventor ... now that gets people talking.

Others might love the idea of creating a character but might not like writing or explaining stories. Or they might not be good at it. I mean. I know some people that can create the look and power but can't think at all past that..

I am happy and hole when people read my book someday they can see my love for motu. Or at least see hints of it.

And hey man if you ever want to bounce ideas or coolaberate or what not all of us in here would love to write and create with you

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    People out there in internetland should spend less time trying to think up fan characters to insert into existing properties and MORE time developing their own characters and concepts.
    I have a bad habit of creating not just characters but worlds and entire universes. A classic high fantasy world with more than 5 million years of history, a post-apocalyptic fantasy world, two space opera universes, one with aliens and one without, A contemporary setting with scientific vampires and vampire hunters, A next sunday AD setting with superpowers, Atlantis and immortal aliens. My reimagining of Planet Of The Apes on an alien planet probably comes close to being fan fiction, though the setting and characters are all new. Metternia and my semi-hard sci-fi History of Cybertron fall into the fan fiction categories, but there are few new characters and more reinterpretations of existing ones.

My imagination seems to ill fit pre-established worlds, so I usually run out of inspiration before I finish a fan character to an existing setting. Even my MOTU fan characters exist only as a few incomplete idea sketches and lines of text. Then again, with a mind bent on creating whole universes, I often put thought into specific characters after setting up the environment that bred them.

But in the end, I don't think it even matters. It's all just self-expression and a channel for my creative energies. I'm not doing it for money, or even to please others, I'm doing it because I want to, because I feel the need to. It has therapeutic rather than monetary value. Anything else is a bonus. I consider myself lucky enough to be alive, let alone be able to share my creations with even a handful of people with shared interests. I might feel differently if the last eight years of my life had been different, but right now this is good enough for me.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Awesome Idea

I love the characters already displayed here. The idea of creating our own is a wonderful one considering how much this universe has meant to all of us. My favorite, isn't one of mine, but one Baena posted years ago. He turned Rudolph the red nosed reindeer into a MOTU character for Christmas. It was an awesome rendering and I could completely see him in the MOTU mythos. Plus it was quite humorous as well. I can't wait to see more posts on this thread.
    "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely the players . . . "

I wonder if some other creators would mind if we post their characters on here? There are some amazing ones that most of us already consider assisting motu lore because of how great the character is and how long its been around I fluxing spy fly and be-na himself I think...

Sorry people I canīt see the point of this thread, is this intended to be a mini fan-art-fiction-custom-character index or just a place to repost everything that is already on the fan creation forums?

I can agree if Pyre and other members make a list with links to some fan creations, but the initial concept of this thread is no more than a repost of what is already on the forums... there is were the responses goes... to their own threads... because almost everyone want his own creations on his own thread...
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Ulisses31 View Post
    Sorry people I canīt see the point of this thread, is this intended to be a mini fan-art-fiction-custom-character index or just a place to repost everything that is already on the fan creation forums?

I can agree if Pyre and other members make a list with links to some fan creations, but the initial concept of this thread is no more than a repost of what is already on the forums... there is were the responses goes... to their own threads... because almost everyone want his own creations on his own thread...
    I think the point of this thread is to get people submitting fan ideas so that Pyre (if he deems it) may create art for them.

I think the thread is just celebrating fan creations.

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post

And hey man if you ever want to bounce ideas or coolaberate or what not all of us in here would love to write and create with you

In all seriousness, you could spin off those fan characters of yours into a very decent story world of your own.

BTW, how did you manage to get your fantasy novel into the publishing process?? I've been semi curious to introduce my own creations into literary form to the public for awhile, but don't really know how to go about it. First and foremost I want to copyright my properties BEFORE I even step out with a public story. I don't want some thief out there to steal my characters and use it to further their own gain.

My characters have become a very important part of me, and I would never just let someone take them.

To tell you the truth, I have collaborated with some fellow Horgers in the recent past. Does the name 'thew40' sound familiar?? I worked with him on a few stories for his 'New Legacy' MOTU fan stories that continued ideas from the Mike Young Productions cartoon. I was all set to work with him on a "season two" of stories but he was forced to postpone the rest of the stories for some reason. That has been probably five years now.

I haven't written any MOTU fan stories since 2006 due to low readability on my fan fiction website. That, and I decided to put my creative efforts into my own characters.

Met-Hild

I have a bad habit of creating not just characters but worlds and entire universes. A classic high fantasy world with more than 5 million years of history, a post-apocalyptic fantasy world, two space opera universes, one with aliens and one without, A contemporary setting with scientific vampires and vampire hunters, A next sunday AD setting with superpowers, Atlantis and immortal aliens. My reimagining of Planet Of The Apes on an alien planet probably comes close to being fan fiction, though the setting and characters are all new. Metternia and my semi-hard sci-fi History of Cybertron fall into the fan fiction categories, but there are few new characters and more reinterpretations of existing ones.

My imagination seems to ill fit pre-established worlds, so I usually run out of inspiration before I finish a fan character to an existing setting. Even my MOTU fan characters exist only as a few incomplete idea sketches and lines of text. Then again, with a mind bent on creating whole universes, I often put thought into specific characters after setting up the environment that bred them.

But in the end, I don't think it even matters. It's all just self-expression and a channel for my creative energies. I'm not doing it for money, or even to please others, I'm doing it because I want to, because I feel the need to. It has therapeutic rather than monetary value. Anything else is a bonus. I consider myself lucky enough to be alive, let alone be able to share my creations with even a handful of people with shared interests. I might feel differently if the last eight years of my life had been different, but right now this is good enough for me.

That is exactly what I do. My characters have an entire character universe, or multiverse to be more precise, to play in.

Hopefully, you have been writing all of yours down in some form. It sometimes is easy to forget certain aspects of your ideas over time.

And then, sometimes like me, you can remember timelines of events that create a sense of continuity between stories.

For me, I make my characters an active part of my everyday imagination that makes it impossible to forget anything about them and their stories.
    (Hordak Alpha))

wow! Lots of discussion but no art!

I'd love to see some of these characters. =)

as far as the purpose of this thread, it's to show off our imagination as Motu fans.

I have my own PYRE universe that takes place on Earth in the not so distant future. I made them MOTU characters for showing them off on this site.

as far as rendering concepts for people, that option is on the table for non-artists to visually represent their ideas in an eye-pleasing way if they would like the help.

I see so many people comissioning this type of work for high costs, so, since I really enjoy drawing, I'd love to do the same for free!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
    wow! Lots of discussion but no art!

I'd love to see some of these characters. =)

as far as the purpose of this thread, it's to show off our imagination as Motu fans.

I have my own PYRE universe that takes place on Earth in the not so distant future. I made them MOTU characters for showing them off on this site.

as far as rendering concepts for people, that option is on the table for non-artists to visually represent their ideas in an eye-pleasing way if they would like the help.

I see so many people comissioning this type of work for high costs, so, since I really enjoy drawing, I'd love to do the same for free!

Sadly, I really never made any fan creations for the MOTU reality much. I could turn my own characters into MOTU compatible characters, but I imagine they would be considered "Mary Sues" since I consider them just as capable of fighting the forces of evil in fiction right next to He-Man himself. I'd never dumb them down just for the sake of readers.

Artwise, I am limited on my skills. I can draw, but not to "fan accepted levels" of quality. Basically, some limited poses.
    (Hordak Alpha))

My book is going to be self published. We weighed options and some of the biggest authors right now started as self publish. Its a little bit of money but we have been saving and are going to go for it. I will for sure let you guys know the date its available.

Thanks for your compliments on my stories. I really appreciate it.. have you seen my thread?

I can't wait to share more stuff in here. I haven't had a computer in two weeks so I am getting sick of typing on my phone. Lol

I also like to create entire worlds but I also like to create characters for existing ones such as MOTU.

That is why the New Vision exists, it is the best of both worlds as it is a new MOTU universe that has been completely created from scratch by me and DL (and a few guest creators). I find this way to be the easiest way to fit your fan characters in as you do not have to squeeze them into already established storylines and histories
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

A small corner of Hordeworld called Oddville
    I've made a couple of fan characters for Masters over the years, my fave of them is Darko, the evil Trollan sorcerer. Only art I have is the customs I've made of him: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ictureid=11851

I really like darko. Great character..

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post

Thanks for your compliments on my stories. I really appreciate it.. have you seen my thread?

I'm afraid I haven't. This forum is such a big place, it is easier to stick to certain sections for me.

I'd go the self publishing route, but lack the money to do as such. And, as I stated before, my own original stuff cannot be shared until I make damn sure that I and I alone have full legal copyright to my own stuff. People on the net always say if you thought it up and write it yourself, then the stuff is really yours, which is true, but I want a legal guarantee that no one can steal and profit from my ideas. Call me paranoid, but I'm just being careful.

Fan fiction, on the other hand, is very different since I'm mainly using my own versions of already established characters to the public. I just don't write any fan fiction anymore because it more or less became a waste of my time if I knew for a fact that no one was reading my work.
    (Hordak Alpha))