Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Character: Our own universe

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    People out there in internetland should spend less time trying to think up fan characters to insert into existing properties and MORE time developing their own characters and concepts. I've been doing it for twenty or more years and, although I don't make any money at it, it is very fun knowing that the ones I make are mine. Also keeps the imagination sharp.

That, and ones out there with the ambition and money can always try and make their own franchise in the entertainment industry whether it be a series of novels, a TV live action show, a cartoon or movies. Seriously, we need fan talent to start developing cool stuff considering all Hollywood can churn out is crap soap opera vampires and remakes of things that have come before.
    Well how much money does it take to try and sell an idea? I honestly don't know the answer to that or I wouldn't have asked. Just seems that if one is taking their idea to a publisher or producer it would be made on it's own merits. I could see self publishing being a bit pricey though.
    Love, friendship, or respect, do not unite people as much as a common hatred for something.
    I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.

I may do fan characters but I also do my own stuff as seen here and here

But I seem to get more replies and stuff from my fan creations (tho that still isn't very many to be honest)
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I may do fan characters but I also do my own stuff as seen here and here

But I seem to get more replies and stuff from my fan creations (tho that still isn't very many to be honest)

Yeah, don't you just hate it when it comes to the type of fans who "can't be bothered" to even read one of your stories or something?? Seriously, how hard can it be to sit down and read a few pages a day of a fan fic?? Main reason why I quit writing my fan fics because the only people I got in to read any of them were like my three regulars.

So, with that being said, the odds of one of my original works getting much of a look are slim, more slim if I never share them, but even when I share them there will be many people who "can't be bothered" to read. I just think it is an excuse for being too lazy to even give someone's story a glance.

Then again, when you want others to see and read your stories, you need to be able to "sell" your stories by offering a brief description of just what a person can expect to read about, to entice them into wanting to read your written word.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Yeah, don't you just hate it when it comes to the type of fans who "can't be bothered" to even read one of your stories or something?? Seriously, how hard can it be to sit down and read a few pages a day of a fan fic?? Main reason why I quit writing my fan fics because the only people I got in to read any of them were like my three regulars.

So, with that being said, the odds of one of my original works getting much of a look are slim, more slim if I never share them, but even when I share them there will be many people who "can't be bothered" to read. I just think it is an excuse for being too lazy to even give someone's story a glance.

Then again, when you want others to see and read your stories, you need to be able to "sell" your stories by offering a brief description of just what a person can expect to read about, to entice them into wanting to read your written word.
    Yes there are many fans here to do not care for the contributions of some, and others who appear to care, but do not show positive support unless it in someway makes them appear superior. Such is the nature of the Internet, and people in general.

It can be hurtful when the people who share a passion with let you down, are apathetic, or dismiss you, but try not to dwell on it. I often do, and I'm working to change that. There are always new people coming to this site who will find your work interesting, and some who may have missed it, who may yet discover it with time.

Create for yourself, not for others, and your work will be appreciated, even if only by a small audience, that is better than none.
    We could sit and rant as to why some people seem to garner a bandwagon of success and fans, and why others suffer in obscurity, but then we would accomplish nothing. If you share ideas with me, I will share with you.

This is a fantastic thread, with some really passionate orgers (Pyre, wolfsfang, myself included), and maybe in time it too will grow. I hope you help it.

Take care.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; October 10, 2011 at 01:36am.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar

Leaving Eternia behind.......

so.

fellow creators.

I have considered very deeply, after reading this thread, that it might be best if I completely "scrap" my bio's that are connected to a already thriving property. I mean, its fun, and i dont think there is anything wrong with it.

But I can't help but think, maybe I should just create my own parallel world to Eternia. and create a property that everything will be 100% created.

I mean, I have a few other stories already. so why not create my own world where man and machine meet sorcery and magic?

Do any of you guys have thoughts on this type of idea? Obviously that thread would have to move over to the "other fan creations" section, but I think that it could be cool if maybe a few of us kind of branch out. I think the passion is there, just a few minor adjustments, with some fun storytelling.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think.

spector

The Spector
    Lt Scot Spector
    Scot has been a proud member of the eternian guard for several years now. He serves as a palace guard under lead royal guard leader, and Kings personal guard Champ Clamp.
    Scot is a great solider for his King, but longed for the days when he not only saw the Royal Army leave for missions, but when the Defenders themselves, led by Man-At-Arms, to fight against the greatest evils of Eternia. This is what compelled Scot to train as much as possible, for if he was ever to be called upon, he would be ready to be a Heroic Warrior of Eternia.
    One night, while on guard, a portal opened in the royal palace where Lt Spector has been on duty. I small scientist came through. He explained there was not much time. The scientist called Gwildor, said to the guard, “I am being chased by Mutants. I come from the future… please help me.”
    Just then a few mutants came through the portal as it closed. Scot was ready for action. He took them out in no time. Gwildor watched, and was very impressed.
    The two began to talk. Gwildor answering all of Scots many questions. He was confused about Gwildors situation though. He explained that is from a future, where He-Man is in outerspace, fighting against the evils of skeletor and more evil that he could ever imagine. Scot struggled with understanding, because he-man and skeletor were on eternia!
    Fascinated by his story, Scot asked Gwildor to explain more what this device was that the Mutants were after. It was called the cosmic key. There have been a few different versions through gwildors years with the scientists, the most recent design was much smaller than those before, and was no more than six inches long. As a energy source, the key took small long green capsules.
    “The battle between good and evil has changed Scot, not only is it present, it is timeless. And for that there needs to be a different kind of hero. In my running from the Mutants, I feel that my meeting you was not an accident. Its time someone more capable, and younger to control this key.”

Gwildor opened up a portal, and said to Scot, “if you accept my offer, follow me, and legends will be made”
    Lt Spector followed the little scientist, and this is how it all began.

The portal opened to a time, not far into the future, but far enough to notice. He-Man and Skeletor were in outerspace. Duncan was retired, and Champ Clamp was the current Man at Arms. Dare, son of King Adam and Queen Teela was king.
    A man trekked forward. They seemed to be in a mechanics shop. A man, who’s lower half was a vehicle. His name was Tech Trek, and Gwildor had often came to him for mechanics and inventions.
    Within a few months TechTrek had built a suit for Scot. Harnessing the power of the cosmic key, now mounted on a wrist guard, the technology used to power the key can also be used as a whip, and a blade. Also, the green capsules can be used in a gun designed by TechTrek.
    The main part of the suit, the harness, is what is connected to the cosmic key. By building it like this, the portal only opens for Scot, and closes up afterwards, so no one can follow through a portal (unless Scot himself allows it) and the portal closes right away. The power of the key can not be controlled though, so the only catch is that there is a time limit on the missions.
    Gwildor explains to Scot, “I will send you coordinates, with a job to do. You will have a mission. And a time limit. I promise you, that you will not complete all of what you need to do each time. This is something you will have to learn along the way. Scot. The side of good needs someone who can work outside of the limits of time, and change the path of what is to come, and what might have been.”
    In his first attempt at training with the laser wip, Scot, not realizing the power he had been given, accidently slashed his right eye. Loosing sign in it. This is the point where he almost lost it. He almost walked away. Confronted by Gwildor and TechTrek, they encouraged Scot not to let that stop him. That he needs to really understand the great power that Gwildor was giving him.
    Trying to understand how to enter and exit out of the portal, and “where” Scot would be “between time and space” Tech Trek developed a telescope that works directly with the cosmic key, that he can actually use his sight between time and space, and see where he is going, instead of closing his eyes and just walking through.
    Now Scot was ready. Shaking hands with gwildor, Tech Trek, and Duncan, he realized that his dreams of one day setting out to do what few others would only dream, he couldn’t wait to jump through time and space to his first mission.
    “What should I call you now? Gwildor asked
    “The Spector” Scot said with a grin. Once a royal guard. Once a Lutenant and a dreamer. Now he had become
    The Spector: Heroic Time Traveler

Movie mayhem!
    Wow... you actually made me like this character a bit more Trek! He totally needs a new head and harness symbol like you did. I love it

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Wow... you actually made me like this character a bit more Trek! He totally needs a new head and harness symbol like you did. I love it
    thanks Patreek! though we might have difference's in the political world, we always have MOTU to bring us together

appreciate your feedback.

I wanted the harness to match the boots more, so that they appeared to go together. and I NEEDED to have gwildor involved. I understand also TG wants him to be "mighty" but mighty is he-man, or someone like this. this guy is mroe on a "normal guy with a cool power" type, rammy, MEF.... that type of stuff. so, If you take his cool power, and make him more "human" instead of trying to pretend he is "mighty" . again, just my opinion on him, but now i can see him standing next to the rest of the heroes occasionally! helps me swallow the whole idea of him.

Cai-Man By Red Norvell

Next Up:
    1) Sir-Seror By Wolfsfang
    2) Knight of Grayskull By Wolfsfang
    3) Wring Master By Sky Breaker
    4) Carny Val By Sky Breaker
    Last edited by Pyre; October 10, 2011 at 08:37pm.

Oh great more stuff to color

erm...I mean Oh great more stuff to color

also I can't wait for Seror and KoG
    Last edited by wolfsfang; October 10, 2011 at 08:42pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Yes there are many fans here to do not care for the contributions of some, and others who appear to care, but do not show positive support unless it in someway makes them appear superior. Such is the nature of the Internet, and people in general.

You'll find a lot of people like that on Facebook, which comes as no surprise. And, way back when, many of those kinds of people were even on this site, which made me boycott the entire site for six years until I decided to give it another chance. Since then, people seem to be more respectful to each other. Can't say the same for people on Facebook.

It can be hurtful when the people who share a passion with let you down, are apathetic, or dismiss you, but try not to dwell on it. I often do, and I'm working to change that. There are always new people coming to this site who will find your work interesting, and some who may have missed it, who may yet discover it with time.
    Usually, I used to be given grief over my former usage of paragraphs by ONE person who seemed to think he was an english major or the grand master of Sesame Street. Screw him!!

Create for yourself, not for others, and your work will be appreciated, even if only by a small audience, that is better than none.
    We could sit and rant as to why some people seem to garner a bandwagon of success and fans, and why others suffer in obscurity, but then we would accomplish nothing. If you share ideas with me, I will share with you.
    I honestly do create with myself in mind as the audience. I pretty much write my original stuff to entertain myself. If someone else might find my work fun and interesting, so be it............when I decide to share something that is.

This is a fantastic thread, with some really passionate orgers (Pyre, wolfsfang, myself included), and maybe in time it too will grow. I hope you help it.

Take care.

We shall see. I made contributions a long time ago that seem to have been displaced by time. My contributions to 'thew40's 'New Legacy' series should be in the archive on this site somewhere.

I wrote an entire "episode" where He-Man ended up squaring off with King Hiss (or HSSSSSSSSS, as Mattel moronically renamed him), a scene in another "episode" written together by many different writers, where my contribution was a scene where Hordak and King Hiss battle against each other in the Sands of Fire, and then another scene where Zodak fought King Hiss.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    thanks Patreek! though we might have difference's in the political world, we always have MOTU to bring us together

appreciate your feedback.

I wanted the harness to match the boots more, so that they appeared to go together. and I NEEDED to have gwildor involved. I understand also TG wants him to be "mighty" but mighty is he-man, or someone like this. this guy is mroe on a "normal guy with a cool power" type, rammy, MEF.... that type of stuff. so, If you take his cool power, and make him more "human" instead of trying to pretend he is "mighty" . again, just my opinion on him, but now i can see him standing next to the rest of the heroes occasionally! helps me swallow the whole idea of him.
    I think the helmet makes sense as this is supose to be the spector from the royal gaurds right? Its a nice visual nod to that.

while I do create with myself in mind and design new characters that I personally would like to see it still isn't a very nice feeling when your thread seemed to be ignored while others ge quite a few replies in a very short amount of time

while I do create with myself in mind and design new characters that I personally would like to see it still isn't a very nice feeling when your thread seemed to be ignored while others ge quite a few replies in a very short amount of time
    i think it comes in waves. I dont think that the term should be ignored. some are hot too, cause they are "new" threads.

but yeah. the fact that people ignored my thread now i am realizing. lol. it isnt a good feeling.

man i just contradicted myself.

Court Magician
    Wow

He look´s impressive

Thank You

Wolfsfang's Sir Seror

Next Up:
    1) Knight of Grayskull By Wolfsfang
    2) Wring Master By Sky Breaker
    3) Carny Val By Sky Breaker
    4) Man-Son By PYRE

man that looks awesome, gonna be fun coloring that one in

man that looks awesome, gonna be fun coloring that one in
    glad you like him wolfster =) I had my girlfreind's son look through all my drawings, and his favorite is Sir Seror!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Norvell View Post
    Wow

He look´s impressive

Thank You
    Redman, looks like yer new to the org. I'm happy to have new members like you come around. I love love love Cai-man. I hope you'll came up with more great cocepts like this one and become a well known member of the org.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/picture.php?albumid=920&pictureid=14610

Next Up:
    1) Knight of Grayskull By Wolfsfang
    2) Wring Master By Sky Breaker
    3) Carny Val By Sky Breaker
    4) Man-Son By PYRE
    Now that's badass! Awesome job

Heh, usually my threads fell into the IGNORED category. Fan art, the one custom paint job of a figure, anything usually got views but never any comments. Now, when I'd make a comment addressing the subject, then I'd get people to respond because I think they didn't want me to be right.

Whatever side Sir Seror is supposed to be on, he looks bad ass either way, Pyre.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Sir Seror is a hero and a member of a group called either Mage Knights or Knight Mages (depending on what I write at the time ) who are basically just that, ppl who have been trained as both wizards and knights.

For more details check out his bio

Oh and here are his fellow Mage Knights

Sir Sori

and Sir Pryse

Pyre, this thread is a very good idea.
    I have ever post my draws in an old post before but nobody see them.
    I'm happy to post here.

A new one for me. An evil lizard. A Moloch.
    Always a comission by 2-bad.
    This guy have a really great talent and he know exactly what I want.
    Last edited by harold; October 12, 2011 at 12:11pm.
    http://simongrell.co.uk/

Great transactions with : Royalt1us, dark knight, masterenglish, TIN, Dagodfather, He-Ryno, Son of Keldor, Sdilks, nemesis154, pain, bobtheodd, joseephus, Patreek, 2-bad, MldMnrdReporter, Facelessone101, Xantor, Mern-Ra, Shenlon, Troy-Klpos.

Wolfsfang's Knight of Grayskull

Next Up:
    1) Wring Master By Sky Breaker
    2) Carny Val By Sky Breaker
    3) Man-Son By PYRE
    4) See-Shell By Bluelobster1979
    Last edited by Pyre; October 12, 2011 at 04:15pm.

KoG looks freaking epic, I can't wait til your colorist gets round to doing this one as he is going to look sweet in color.

Oh wait...that's me isn't it?