Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Character: Our own universe

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
    Hey Pat, you spyin' on me bro? Lol. How about something of yours... =)

as far as doing the guards, I'd love to. However, I need to be asked by the creators of the characters to re-do their designs if they would like me to =)

I'd REALY like to do Zotek By Ulisses31...
    OK but do it the most vintage that you can... please!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Ulisses31; October 15, 2011 at 03:14pm.
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ictureid=14677

Up Next:
    1) Scarlette By Sky Breaker
    2) Lord Rodantus By Wolfsfang
    3) Drey-Gun By Pyre
    4) An-Gar By Darth Latveria
    Oh wow, that looks awesome! I love how savage you made him, and even got his invisibility power into the pic! Thanks for drawing him, he looks great!
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

Movie mayhem!
    I don't know if the gaurds really fall into that category... they are a pretty common custom people have been doing to the palace gaurds.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLobster1979 View Post
    Oh wow, that looks awesome! I love how savage you made him, and even got his invisibility power into the pic! Thanks for drawing him, he looks great!
    bro, it was my extreme pleasure rendering this guy for you. You've been a long time fan of my stuff and I hope this will be adequate to show my level of appreciation =) I hope to see you more in the threads!

Patreek, really? I thought i'd seen a lot of renditions of horde guards, but I wasn't sure. Well, if they are a shared concept by multiple artists, I suppose it's time I took a crack at them!

however, as a disclamer, I don't want to discourage artists to post their ideas here for fear that I am looking to steal ideas or re-create their hard work and beloved concepts for selfish reasons; this thread is here to catalog all fan characters and have a place where no fan creations get overlooked! =) I really hope to see more people use this thread to show their ideas and see the value of the exposure this thread will provide for our creativity. Lets see 'em folks! =)
    Last edited by Pyre; October 16, 2011 at 01:13pm.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Now that I have a (mostly) working computer again, I'll try to get some of my stuff posted here.

Also, I love the Dino-Queen concept. I'd like to try doing something with her at some point, and the dinosaur people idea in general.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Okay, the I'm posting just these two now, because I'll try to do some simply coloring on a third one, because the sketch might look a bit too busy to make sense of without any color.

Carcharon is basically an albino shark-man crossed with the grim reaper, with some ferryman of the underworld mixed in. He was first a priest in the cult of the demon god of the deep, but he eventually obtained immense power, becoming an immortal embodiment of death. Carcharon was defeated by the Council of Elders and trapped within the lithosphere, forever sailing on the stygian river of fire, deep within Eternia.

In these older sketches his design isn't quite as refined. He's changed a bit over the year or so since I first thought him up. He's not supposed to look this much like a toad. :/

Eyesaur is a much older character than Charcharon, though not much more refined. I did come up with an action feature for him though (a mechanism for moving the big eye on his forehead). I've always imagined him being yellow with purple highlights and maybe green armor. Something that's not too pleasant to the eye. I've never done a color version of him though (these are pretty much the only presentable sketches I have of him put together).

Now that I look of him, there's something vaguely similar in him with the dino queen. Maybe he's an evil dinosaur man?

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

ooh I like those, especially the first.

If Pyre did a version of Carcharon I would so color it
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

i like both too, but i like eyesaur more. you might consider putting an eye on the back of his head too.

yeah .. both are really cool... i like the whole dino thing going on too...

you could even make carcharon a megladon..a prehistoric shark...

eyesaur could maybe the high priest or high council to dino-queen...

maybe we should create some more dino characters =)
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

Mette, those are great! Especially the names... They tell me that they are well thought up characters. Not sure where you got the inspiration for the name Charcharon, but in the Greek language, "Harharia (har-ha-ree-a) is the word for shark. Eyesaur is a great play on phonetics. Great stuff.

I really like gatchagrey's idea about the megalodon.. What do you think?

I love your work and your concepts.

I think the name is based on carcharodon carcharias, the scientific name for the Great White Shark mixed with Charon, the boatman of the rivers Styx and Acheron in Hades, from Greek mythology.
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

Thanks to everyone for the plentiful feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    If Pyre did a version of Carcharon I would so color it
    That'd be great, actually! I haven't figured out a good color scheme for him yet, except for the fact that he's chalky white with red eyes, being an albino. I'd be interested to see what you'd come up with.

If anyone is interested in doing their interpretation of Carcharon, I can post a sketch of him without clothing that shows some details about his feet not obvious from the sketches I posted. Could be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon
    i like both too, but i like eyesaur more. you might consider putting an eye on the back of his head too.
    Well, my imagined action feature sort of messes with that. He would have a peg sculpted to look like a horn jutting from the back of his head that you can move to turn his big forehead eye. I've seen similar things done in some recent action figures, so it probably could actually work. Not that he's likely to ever get a figure, but in the age of 3D printing you never know... Maybe I could add two eyes on both sides of the horn though.

Quote Originally Posted by gatchagrey View Post
    you could even make carcharon a megladon..a prehistoric shark...
    I'm not opposed to the idea, I'm just not quite sure how. He's an albino shark-human-reaper combination already, so working in a specific shark species (from Earth) seems like an unnecessary complication of the character. It'd be different if we knew exactly what megalodon looked like, then he could just have a distinctly megalodon-looking head.

eyesaur could maybe the high priest or high council to dino-queen...

maybe we should create some more dino characters =)
    I created Eyesaur as an evil warrior, but why not! Are the dinosaur people evil, good or open to both options?

And about the dino-characters, I'm already on it! I came up with a big warrior guy who could be a bodyguard for the queen just today. Sketches to follow when I get them done.

Especially the names... They tell me that they are well thought up characters.
    I actually started with the names! Once I had this name that suggested an interesting character, I went on to figure out what he'd look like. If I try to do it the other way round, I often get stuck unable to come up with a good name. Hence Stingarr (or Stingorr, I'm not sure which works better, but both feel lame to me).

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLobster1979 View Post
    I think the name is based on carcharodon carcharias, the scientific name for the Great White Shark mixed with Charon, the boatman of the rivers Styx and Acheron in Hades, from Greek mythology.
    Yep, you pretty much nailed it. "Carcharo" shows up often in scientific names for sharks, and comes from the Greek "karcharo", which means sharp or jagged. I didn't know that a derivative of the word is used in modern Greek for sharks. That's pretty cool.

Megaladon was basically a giant Great White

Now for new sketches. I drew these of gatchagrey's dino queen last night just before going to sleep. I forgot about the jugal horn things, so they are missing here. Sorry.

I liked the color variations with the lighter face and darker "scales" better, so I did what I could with my broken tablet to try that on her:

I also came up with some ideas for her name. I scribbled the first one next to the sketches, but I'm not sure if I like Chasmos, Chasmo or Chasma best (they're all references to chasmosaurs, since her head reminds me of them). She could also be Queen Cerata, derived from Ceratopsia, if there wasn't already Ceratus which is awfully close. Or of course since she's the queen of the whole dinosaur people, she could just be Queen Dina.

Here's the naked Carcharon that shows the fins at the back of the legs. I drew this to figure out how his cape and hood should work, so the other proportions are a bit off, but it could work as a basis for other shark characters if we come up with some.

And here's the character I mentioned earlier:

Mandiablo has his origins in a misspelling, and is still under development. I first intended to make him a Horrible Hornet of the Horde, a kind of anti-Buzz-Off, but his design has slowly evolved towards a more ant-like creature. I may drop the wings and give him smaller eyes to reflect that, and have him spit acid. The mandibles could be more antlike too. The colors are far from final as well, since with no green wings he needs some more color contrasts. I'm thinking of making the loin cloth dark green or purple.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang
    Megaladon was basically a giant Great White
    Exactly. That makes it very hard to visually differentiate from a great white shark, besides with size. I mean Carcharon is a big guy, but I don't think he should be Tytys-big.

mette, those are just pure quality, as usual with your work. =)

I dunno though, I'm kinda likinh the anti-buzz off idea... Maybe a captured andrenid what was twisted by shadow weaver.. I like him all the same. By the way, what do you use to color your pieces?

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Eyesaur is such a freaking cool looking character.....

Sky Breaker's Scarlette

As Written By Sky Breaker
    A red-haired runaway, Scarlette was trained under Wring Master and Carny to be the ultimate pick pocket. However she does not waste her talents on change purses and peasants. Scarlette steals mystical artifacts, fortunes and weapons from right out of the hands of their respective guardians. Her small size, natural charisma and apperance not only allow her to rob the unwary blind. When the need arises for her to fight, she does so with the same strange arsenal Carny possesses.

Though not as skilled in combat, as her physical power is within the limits of an average human female, she is quite the marksman. When using her Firecracker Plasma guns, she can bring down hearty warriors and terrifying many times her size without breaking a sweat.

Up Next:
    1) Lord Rodantus By Wolfsfang
    2) Drey-Gun By Pyre
    3) An-Gar By Darth Latveria
    4) Necro-Manticore By PYRE
    Last edited by Pyre; October 17, 2011 at 03:23pm.

Incase you want to go back and see this inspiration for all of Sky Breaker's concepts I've done thus far, i have added his descriptions under each sketch in this thread.

another great pic Pyre and best of all that meand Roddy is next...YAY

Oh and Mandiablo looks great Met, I love Insect based characters (because I like insects and bugs) and in a small way your character reminds me of my own Ant-Arctic

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    lovin me some insectoid characters. keep up the good work people.

in working on my all new storyline, I have realized that I do not write villains very well, considering my heroes out number my villains 5 to 1. anyways in researching some old folders I had, I came across this character I call FORGO, from almost ten years ago. I am for sure going to use him in these stories!

hope you guys like him. i should really draw him again. and finish it.

I sketched some new dinosaur characters and made a few corrections to the dinosaur queen's portrait.

I still haven't heard gatchagrey's comments on the queen, so I'll wait for that before I write anything more about her. The new characters are a huge warrior guy called Captain Ankylos, whom I see as a captain of a hypothetical royal guard, and a more cultured character called Councillor Tricero, though I'm not sure what council he sits in yet. I imagine Tricero as wearing a roman-style toga or at least a tunic. I have a whole bunch of ideas for Ankylos, but I'll have to find some time to do more sketches to communicate them properly.

I also wanted to color these guys even though it's hard to color anything right now due to the tablet malfunction:

I decided to go with bold striking colors as is the tradition in MOTU and also following the precedent set by the queen. And I tried some alternate color schemes too:

This isn't what I want Ankylos to look like, but it might work on another dinosaur guardsman. Tricero on the other hand might work just as well like this. What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre
    I dunno though, I'm kinda likinh the anti-buzz off idea... Maybe a captured andrenid what was twisted by shadow weaver.. I like him all the same. By the way, what do you use to color your pieces?
    I agree that the evil Andreenid type character has potential, but Mandiablo turned out not to be that character. I originally envisioned him as a fiery orange and black creature with a prominent stinger, but I wanted to concentate more on his mandibles.

I have been using Photoshop with a Wacom Graphire 2 tablet until now, but lately it seems the pressure sensors of the tablet are failing. That means I can't always control the size or opacity of the brushes, which has largely ruined my ability to effectively shade any drawings.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang
    I love Insect based characters (because I like insects and bugs) and in a small way your character reminds me of my own Ant-Arctic
    There's actually a surprising amount of similarity there, though it's all unintentional! I hope you don't mind it if the similarities get even stronger when Mandiablo becomes more antlike. It's a bit like with another character I ran into yesterday, called Might Bite, that is almost too similar to Carcharon, being an all-white evil shark man with webbed feet. It can get frustrating when you think you've got a unique idea only to find out somebody else came up with something very similar before you.

Quote Originally Posted by Met-Hild View Post
    There's actually a surprising amount of similarity there, though it's all unintentional! I hope you don't mind it if the similarities get even stronger when Mandiablo becomes more antlike. It's a bit like with another character I ran into yesterday, called Might Bite, that is almost too similar to Carcharon, being an all-white evil shark man with webbed feet. It can get frustrating when you think you've got a unique idea only to find out somebody else came up with something very similar before you.
    Well as long as you don't make him blue or purple (like the evil Arc-Tick) and give him freezing powers then no I have no problem with a bit more similarities

oh and who is Arc-Tick, well he is an evil member of Ant's race (the Cryonids) who has all the same powers and weaknesses as Ant. The only difference being that Arc like most other Cryonids has two three fingered hands as is the norm for their species whereas as you may have noticed Ant has one pincer hand as he is part Andreenid (he is Buzz-Off's cousin)

Wolfsfang's Lord Rodantus

Do you have a Bio on this guy Wolfster? If so, send it to my in a PM and I'll post it under the pic =)

Up Next:
    1) Dray-Gun By Pyre
    2) An-Gar By Darth Latveria
    3) Necro-Manticore By PYRE
    4) Horde Gurads By the Fans on He-man.org
    Last edited by Pyre; October 19, 2011 at 11:11pm.

Lord Rodantus looks so awesome, really really epically awesome. I just love what you have done with him

One minor nitpick tho if I really had to find something to fault...the lack of Gutsy on his shoulder