Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Character: Our own universe

Movie mayhem!
    WOWSA I'm loving Ankylos! I made some dino people awhile back to be minions for Terror Dac... this guy would fit in perfectly with them. I'll have to dig them up.

Loving NecroManticor too!

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Again a really quick post while my computer is (somewhat) stable.

Ankylos so far, now including a sketch of his back and tail:

As you can see, he still has the prosthetic tail end, but I changed it to reflect TechTrek's design. I also though that the warhammer wasn't right and thought of changing it into a one-handed mace with a tip shaped like an Ankylosaurus tail club. I think Ankylos needs a hand-held weapon, because a tail is only good for defense, reaching only things behind or beside him. I thought about a shield too originally, but gave it up because he's basically covered in armor already.

Here's also a quick idea draft for an origin of the Dinosaur People:

The dinosaur people are descended from a small tribe driven from their fertile homelands by the expanding Snake Clan. They found a new home in the wastelands among the dinosaurs, and chose these mighty beasts as their totem animals.

One day a shaman's apprentice meditating in the wild heard a great and terrible rumble from the mountains and while investigating its origin found a new crater with a gleaming translucent orb peeking from among the rubble at the center. It had a strange inner glow that seemed to beckon him. so he dug it up. He named the object the Amber Heart, as the glow within it seemed to pulsate like a beating heart.

The apprentice took the Amber Heart to the village where many came to see and touch it. Within a day all those who had touched the strange object began to develop traits of their totem dinosaur, becoming more than mere humans. This inspired the other members of the tribe to flock to touch the sacred stone, until all of the tribe had changed; they became the Dinosaur People.

After this the Amber Heart lost its inner glow and no longer offered its power to anyone, but the changes remained for life and were passed to the children of the Dinosaur People. With their new dinosaurian powers they retook their home lands, driving the Snake Clan back. This lead to lasting resentment among the Snake Clan, eventually driving some individuals envious of the dinosaurian powers to seek similar transformations offered by the evil Serpos.

Ideas? Comments? I'll read them and hopefully reply properly when/if I get my computer to work properly again (hopefully soon now).
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    I really like your origin story, I have the snake clan, basically whipping out the entire race that trodon belongs to.

trodons race itself was stronger than the snakes, but not as cunning, and the snakes, at that time in history, out numbered them 40 - 1.

you have a really cool race there with the dinosaurian. maybe it wants to be in eden with the others??!

keep up the good work!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Met-Hild View Post

The dinosaur people are descended from a small tribe driven from their fertile homelands by the expanding Snake Clan. They found a new home in the wastelands among the dinosaurs, and chose these mighty beasts as their totem animals.

One day a shaman's apprentice meditating in the wild heard a great and terrible rumble from the mountains and while investigating its origin found a new crater with a gleaming translucent orb peeking from among the rubble at the center. It had a strange inner glow that seemed to beckon him. so he dug it up. He named the object the Amber Heart, as the glow within it seemed to pulsate like a beating heart.

The apprentice took the Amber Heart to the village where many came to see and touch it. Within a day all those who had touched the strange object began to develop traits of their totem dinosaur, becoming more than mere humans. This inspired the other members of the tribe to flock to touch the sacred stone, until all of the tribe had changed; they became the Dinosaur People.

After this the Amber Heart lost its inner glow and no longer offered its power to anyone, but the changes remained for life and were passed to the children of the Dinosaur People. With their new dinosaurian powers they retook their home lands, driving the Snake Clan back. This lead to lasting resentment among the Snake Clan, eventually driving some individuals envious of the dinosaurian powers to seek similar transformations offered by the evil Serpos.[/INDENT]

Ideas? Comments? I'll read them and hopefully reply properly when/if I get my computer to work properly again (hopefully soon now).
    i love the idea of your amber heart. i have a similar thing that someone has been working on for me with a mace, the mace has a flame in it, and as long as the flame is lit, there is peace between the two races, but it was burnt out.

Not Realy MOTU But...

Ok, so this isn't exactly a MOTU fan charatcer, but It's who I am on deviant Art... so In a way, I've got another fan Character Idea I'm groing because of my DA ID name.

I'm finally learning how to color! Yay!

Widget
    Friend Pyre is my first post I do in the community and would like to share a creation which made ​​based on a character created by super-monkey.deviantart. I hope to take one on the basis of these 2 creations that I share with the community. [IMG][/IMG]

@pyre - Do you get mad if I make a joke? The art is superb... now do you want my joke?
    Last edited by Ulisses31; October 23, 2011 at 07:00pm.
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Stongarm looks a lot like that fan character Armor-Dillo (or whatever it was called)
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Stongarm looks a lot like that fan character Armor-Dillo (or whatever it was called)
    Agreed, even the post looks like him. Just new head and new colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Met-Hild View Post
    Eyesaur is a much older character than Charcharon, though not much more refined. I did come up with an action feature for him though (a mechanism for moving the big eye on his forehead). I've always imagined him being yellow with purple highlights and maybe green armor. Something that's not too pleasant to the eye. I've never done a color version of him though (these are pretty much the only presentable sketches I have of him put together).

Now that I look of him, there's something vaguely similar in him with the dino queen. Maybe he's an evil dinosaur man?
    Classic! I also have a character with this name only spelt "I-Sor"
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I treated all of my mix 'n' match character I've posted in the MOTUC thread as new characters. Here's the link to them in their DeviantART folder. http://wallbie.deviantart.com/gallery/25339834#

There are two in particular in there that might be offensive. Fair warning: view anything else on my site at your own risk. I'm not responsible for accidents.

I love this one! I had designed a wolf-man character for the 30th contest, but this just blows my ideas away! Too cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
    I love this one! I had designed a wolf-man character for the 30th contest, but this just blows my ideas away! Too cool.
    thanks, man !!!
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Igaluk View Post
    Friend Pyre is my first post I do in the community and would like to share a creation which made ​​based on a character created by super-monkey.deviantart. I hope to take one on the basis of these 2 creations that I share with the community. http://<a href="http://www.he-man.or...reid=14813</a>
    Strongarm is nothing more than a rip-off of 2 existing MOTU characters. The name and color scheme of Strongarm, and the artwork of Armor-Dillo, a fan creation.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; November 3, 2011 at 02:29am.

Prime Warrior of Esgeal Mercury's Avatar

Jigsaw

Hi:

This is a comission that BuffaloBill Man did for me long ago. He took the character to a higher level.

"It's better to burn out...
    ...than to fade away"

Kurgan in "Highlander" the movie

Omadon

Here's OMADON, again comission made by BBM:

...than to fade away"

Blackhearted one

...and the BLACKHEARTED ONE (another comission that BBM did for me)

...than to fade away"

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Strongarm is nothing more than a rip-off of 2 existing MOTU characters. The name and color scheme of Strongarm, and the artwork of Armor-Dillo, a fan creation.
    It's no scam, Strongarm name shown at the bottom of the drawing, it's my nickname in the community of Dominion Nuva (Eternia). Dedicated to the MOTU universe but in Spanish.

Hope I'm not offending anyone, because the drawing done by super-monkey.deviantart, I liked and wanted to create a character with the same design.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Here's OMADON, again comission made by BBM:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs46/i/20...MercuryXXX.jpg
    Awesome !!!
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    WOW! Just discovered that awesome Thread! Some really cool characters here Totally Love the Wulfgrim Crusader!!

Here is my attempt: Dragon Slayor (Nemesis of Draego Man?)
    His armor is made up of dragon bones and scales and he has an magic shield (stolen/presented from Granamyr?)
    [IMG][/IMG]

Here are more pictures and color variation of him:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=216901

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ictureid=14592

I absolutely loved drawing this character. It would be obvious to see why Orko fled Trolla after looking at this bad boy.

Next Up:
    1) Cai-Man By Red Norvell
    2) Sir-Seror By Wolfsfang
    3) Knight of Grayskull By Wolfsfang
    Looks awesome! The hands are great!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Looks awesome! The hands are great!
    Thanks Sky Breaker. So glad to see you're still with us on the org man!

To everyone else who has been viewing this thread, Sorry for being AWOL! Busy time of year for PYRE in the non-MOTU world of my life.

But I'm Back!!! And it's time to continue with these where I left off.

PS... PATREEK AND I ARE GOING TO BE RELAUNCHING THE REDESIGN CHALLENGE THIS MONTH!!! Happy New Year Fellow artists!

A long time comin'

Finally,

Had the time to finish this sketch.

Up Next:
    1) Blu-Print By TechTrek
    2) Skaldor By Patreek
    3) Necro-Dancer By Pyre
    4) ??? Let me know your requests!

good looking characters
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery