Thread: Bloated armor syndrome: what about an armor pack?

Bloated armor syndrome: what about an armor pack?

I was looking back at my collection and I felt a bit upset for the number of figures affected by the bloated armor syndrome.
    However I also realized that I wouldn't want to buy a 2.0 version of minor characters such as Sea Hawk, NA Skeletor or even Rio Blast, as I'd rather see that money go into completely new characters.
    But what if Mattel released an 'armor pack' where the pegs on the hips were fixed to avoid the 'fat factor'? This way we could solve this issue for many characters in one strike, without bearing the full cost to buy the whole figure again.
    How do you feel about it?

This really needs to happen. Sky High, Sea Hawk, etc really need better armor.

Although I'm not convinced Mattel has really solved the problem. Mostly what they seem to be doing is cutting the armor around the lats/armpit (Ninjor) or using a slimmer buck (Blast Attack) or going with unique sculpted chests (BS Hordak, Squeeze, etc).

200x King Hiss is still pretty fat around the lats (makes his arms puff out but he doesn't look fat because the armor there is just a strip). Have they put out any new figures lately that have nice slim armor that covers lats? I can't think of an example.

Not sure what the issue was - maybe a problem with materials they're using not being strong enough to be made thin?
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    I was looking back at my collection and I felt a bit upset for the number of figures affected by the bloated armor syndrome.
    However I also realized that I wouldn't want to buy a 2.0 version of minor characters such as Sea Hawk, NA Skeletor or even Rio Blast, as I'd rather see that money go into completely new characters.
    But what if Mattel released an 'armor pack' where the pegs on the hips were fixed to avoid the 'fat factor'? This way we could solve this issue for many characters in one strike, without bearing the full cost to buy the whole figure again.
    Interesting idea.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

3 Club Eternia, 3 Club 200X, 2 Collectors' Choice. 1 Beast Man. 1 Camo Khan. 1 Granymyr

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

I really want this, I asked on the Matty boards a while back and didn't get a response. Maybe if we make enough noise we'll get em. Of course a head pack took only, what, five years? I'm still optimistic though.

Not at this point. I just fixed Eldor last night:

Hydron
    Sea Hawk
    NA Skeletor.

Those are the ones I need the most. And yes, I'd buy them, even though I've already paid for them and this is strictly Mattel's mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    YES! This would be great!

I never understood why the fastening clips weren't put around the back of the armour instead of where they are. The positioning is right on the apex of the lat bulge on the torso and it's absolutely the point with the most impact on the articulation. I don't understand the choice :-/

As well as that, there are just masses of unnecessary extra plastic at those areas of the armour on some characters. That would have been a non-issue if it was on the back of the armour.
    Rio-Blast has a maHOOssive wodge on the right side (but not as much on the left).

I reckon most of the full armour characters would benefit from that adjustment.

Anyway I'd be near the front of the queue for a pack of these

NA Skeletor, Rio Blast, Spikor, Hydron, Sea Hawk, Hordak, Stinkor/Mekaneck.....

It's probably easier to list characters that weren't adversely affected by this design.

There would probably have to be more than one armour pack....
    Last edited by Magoohan; August 31, 2015 at 11:05am.

Someone in the loop with Mattel please pass this along!! This is an awesome idea!!
    One with the Power

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Help save the Stargate series vist http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU

It should definitely happen.

Love it - NA Skeletor, Snake Face, Hydron, Eldor and Spikor would be my first choices.

A couple of the others (like Sea Hawk) I actually skipped because of the bloated armour.
    What you won't see until a potential 2016 line are characters like Illumina, Red Beast, Dare or Crimson Rose.

Heroic Warrior
    This would be cool if they could figure it out. Those figures need to do some cardio!

I'd definitely be interested in a pack like this. I don't, however, see any way they would release it. Seems like a tough sell to both management and the larger fanbase.
    Hey Matty, Snake Mountain rocks! Please don't downsize it!

I would buy it.

lovely, armor variations or repaint. this will be good for custom figures or just for options.

Heroic Warrior
    I am all for this. Folks keep mentioning NA Skeletor, but I hope Mattel understands that we will cut off the old armor if necessary. I would not like them to shy away from armor that's glued on.

1) SeaHawk
    2) Hydron
    3) IG Skeletor
    4) Rio Blast (with a closing chest panel)
    5) Snake Face
    6) Eldor

I see what you mean on Mekaneck and Stinkor, but did anybody find their armor chunky to begin with? Doing over Ruben's entire tenure would be a dream. But like Roboto, Stinkor needs a new figure more than a new piece IMHO.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I'd be down for this...even a couple repaints of other armors like a white version on he-man's vest!

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    I am all for this. Folks keep mentioning NA Skeletor, but I hope Mattel understands that we will cut off the old armor if necessary. I would not like them to shy away from armor that's glued on.
    Anything to avoid a bad case of BAS! (bloated armor syndrome)

I must admit I'd buy it.

Good idea! Another armor they could throw in could be the battle armor for Faker...
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Beers View Post
    Good idea! Another armor they could throw in could be the battle armor for Faker...
    This is a great idea and I would support it.