Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow Arrival

Arrow Arrival

I have not seen an Arrow Arrival Thread. So has anybody gotten their Arrow? He comes with a pair of wings but in some ways I kind of prefer Arrow without the wings. Here are some pics:

Nice pictures! I didn't know Swift Wind's mask came off. That totally made my night!

Nice pics! Can't wait mine to arrive...
    To infinity, and beyond!

Looks great. I've never had a Swifty, so this is my first MOTUC horse.
    Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Horde Wraiths, Skeleton Warriors, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM
    Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Akai, how do Arrow's saddle panels look on "Spirit?"
    A Want List of Sorts: Saurod, Buzz-Saw Hordak, Dragstor, Perfuma, Dare, Snake Mountain, Prahvus, Veena, King Chuboolu, Flying Fists He-Man, Terror Claws Skeletor, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Are the legs assembled correctly this time?
    My top 10 items I'd like for 2016: 10/Stridor, 9/Granita, 8/Filmation Tung Lashor, 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Frosta, Hordak, Mer-Man, Leech & Tri-Klops Filmation heads, 5/Filmation Teela, 4/Hunga the Harpy, 3/Filmation Evil Lyn 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Legs looked fine and I haven't thought much of swapping the saddles. Maybe it could cover up those notches hence why I had Spirit facing forward for the shot.

I'm a pretty big POP fan (my daughter is named Adora), but this truly seems like the most boring release in this line to date. I mean, it doesn't look bad or anything, but it truly just doesn't do a thing for me and the color scheme is a bit too vivid to really match in with a wide range of characters. I almost would have preferred a generic horse if Mattel was dead set on reusing the horse mold again.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I'm a pretty big POP fan (my daughter is named Adora), but this truly seems like the most boring release in this line to date. I mean, it doesn't look bad or anything, but it truly just doesn't do a thing for me and the color scheme is a bit too vivid to really match in with a wide range of characters. I almost would have preferred a generic horse if Mattel was dead set on reusing the horse mold again.
    I hate to admit, but I kind of agree.

I really do enjoy POP and I do recognize as Bow being a central character but it's still very hard for me to feel like he get's a mount before other things could've been made.

Also, I kind of would have preferred if the mounts were equally distributed between good and evil factions. Now it seems like the POP gang has a top notch calvary whereas the Horde has nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Akai, how do Arrow's saddle panels look on "Spirit?"
    pink :P hehehe I have arrow too but no Swiftwind. but those side saddles were a pain to swap out when I first got him.

Arrow is a bit too similar looking to Swiftwind. I think it would have been kind of cool to give him the blue color that the original toy had to mix it up a bit, he really just looks like a variant of Swifty.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarquinius View Post
    I hate to admit, but I kind of agree.

I really do enjoy POP and I do recognize as Bow being a central character but it's still very hard for me to feel like he get's a mount before other things could've been made.

Also, I kind of would have preferred if the mounts were equally distributed between good and evil factions. Now it seems like the POP gang has a top notch calvary whereas the Horde has nothing...
    THe Horde never had horses. Or cats. Or shadow beasts/big yellow apes. This beast slot was apparently intended to be the big re-use spot; I think they had to balance out the significant amount of new tooling for the Snake He-Man pack and Multibot, so there was no way this beast could be anything brand new. It had to be something they had most of the molds for already.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    THe Horde never had horses. Or cats. Or shadow beasts/big yellow apes. This beast slot was apparently intended to be the big re-use spot; I think they had to balance out the significant amount of new tooling for the Snake He-Man pack and Multibot, so there was no way this beast could be anything brand new. It had to be something they had most of the molds for already.
    I believe Snake He-Man/Hiss and Multibot are in a 2015 budget year, while Arrow would be in a 2014 budget year. So, while I think you are right that this slot was used to balance out tooling for the year, that probably has more to do with figures like Modulok, Rio Blast, Extendar, etc.
    Most wanted figures: TUSKADOR!!! Vultak, Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, Crita, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Despara, Darius, Hawke

I think Arrow looks great...it sucks that Bow can't sit better on him though. He may not be exciting but he is accurate and seems properly made!

And yes, I'm still royally bummed that we will never have a proper Spirit in this line.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    yeah I feel the same way. I absolutely understand Mattels choices and I agree with them. If you are going to make another horse Arrow is the obvious choice to me. What I dont like is that they made another horse at this point in the line. He is perfect for what he is. I just had no need or desire for him.

I would prefer the Unicorn of Teela and will happilly buy it if they make one in a 2016 MOTU line. But I would have expected neither at this point. Frankly if they never make Teela's Unicorn I'll buy another Arrow to make it myself. & I am not upset to own him. He's just a perfectly booring choice.

Frankly I expected a Clawdeen.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I believe Snake He-Man/Hiss and Multibot are in a 2015 budget year, while Arrow would be in a 2014 budget year. So, while I think you are right that this slot was used to balance out tooling for the year, that probably has more to do with figures like Modulok, Rio Blast, Extendar, etc.
    Right you are; right concept, wrong year.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Easily one of my favorite releases this year!!! I do wish that all the gear came off of his head instead of being sculpted on. Customizing is going to be painful.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tycondrius View Post
    pink :P hehehe I have arrow too but no Swiftwind. but those side saddles were a pain to swap out when I first got him.
    Yeah I removed the plugs to put n the wings and not only I couldn't attach the wing but now the plug on one side wont go back in. I'm livid. First time I actually am so mad and feel ripped off. You should not need super strength to remove and put them back in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    um technically Silver Storm/Storm and Clawdeen are Horde cats and horses as they were Catra's and Clawdeen did have a single appearance in the toon as well.
    I now have a toy review site!/

My only gripe is that the saddle and reins are pink. They don't match Bow at all. Red would've been much better. I am guessing the vintage one was pink, but they could've altered the Classics version because it is not the 80s anymore.

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    That's saddening That the bridal is sculpted on, I bought a second one to hope to use the bridal from the second one on spirit. I wonder if it is hard to remove the heads and swap them out
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    My only gripe is that the saddle and reins are pink. They don't match Bow at all. Red would've been much better. I am guessing the vintage one was pink, but they could've altered the Classics version because it is not the 80s anymore.
    Good point. I'm sure it's always hard to decide how much to do what's cool and what's classic. Hopefully, once "Classics" is over, what's cool will win out from then on.
    Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Horde Wraiths, Skeleton Warriors, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM
    Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Heroic Warrior
    Arrow looks okay, but I would have preferred (and honestly expected to see) Clawdeen or (Silver) Storm instead of Arrow.

Arrow Arrival

For those wondering, here is what Arrow's saddle looks on "Spirit".

Here's how Swifty's saddle looks on Arrow.

Let's see how Adora looks on Spirit with Arrow's saddle.

Now Bow with Swifty's saddle. Those plugs are such a pain to get off so I'm not going to bother.

You can have it back, Bow!

So the Arrow Saddle Bags "POP" into the body? They just don't sit over top of the hole??? NICE....

Very excited for both the Battle Ram AND Arrow....
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Nice. I look forward to getting Arrow.

Personally I'm not convinced that Clawdeen isn't coming in 2015. We've been told there will more out of sub stuff than previous years, so I'm confident we may see Clawdeen sooner, rather than later. I'm also fairly certain they didn't give us Storm because Clawdeen is still on the way, and we got Arrow instead.

LOL, even though I find it odd (even in the MOTU universe) that a lady who can turns into a cat, has a cat to ride, I'd much prefer we got Clawdeen (at least first) over Storm. I may be in the minority here, but looks wise, I feel that Crystal Sundancer and Crystal Moonbeam would be far more impressive than Storm. But hey, if 2016 happens, we may get every horse anyway.

Also, I'm sure the toy colours Arrow would look awesome (a blue horse), but the Filmation colours seem more appropriate for Arrow 1.0. Still, it's nice that he comes with the vintage wings.