Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Who cancelled their 2015 club Eternia sub?

Who cancelled their 2015 club Eternia sub?

I just cancelled my 2015 Club Eternia subscription. I wrote:

Dear Customer Service,

during the sub sales and afterwards MattyCollector officially confirmed that the 200X King Hsss Snake Torso will be part of the Club Eternia subscription and packed in with another figure. Now MattyCollector has announced that the torso will no longer be included in the sub but instead be sold as a separate figure in November (at extra costs and without guaranty for subscribers to get it).

Futhermore, MattyCollector stated that the December holiday item Laser Power He-Man and Laser Light Skeletor (and the mini comic) may not be shipped to international customers.

I hereby cancel my 2015 Club Eternia subscription due to MattyColletor's false advertisement and breaching of the contract.
    and they answered:

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

While Matty Collector is making every effort to find a way to offer the King Hsss to all subscribers, no final decisions have been made to date as to how or when we will be able to offer this figure. We continue to pursue a resolution to the King Hsss product release and will update the community as we have news to share.

We honor and respect your decision to cancel your Club Eternia 2015 Subscription. Rest assured, you will not be automatically renewed nor billed.
    who else cancelled their sub?

I don't trust them to just cancel it and not charge my card, so I'm just changing my card right before they try to bill my sub.

I am seriously considering it.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

2 Collectors' Choice. 2 2.0s 3 Thundercats 5 Beast Men. 3 Camo Khans. 1 Granymyr

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Heroic Warrior
    I put a block on my debit card before we even found out about someone getting a voucher from a BBB complaint. They want to alter the deal? Fine, I'll alter it further.

The ironic part is I'm still planning on buying the Hiss torso, I'm just not interested in subsidizing it with 3 subs (would have been 4, but Digital River somehow cancelled 1 of mine on their own at the beginning of the year), especially since a lot of the figures left I'm not sure I even want at all, let alone multiples (or dealing with selling multiples).

Heroic Warrior
    Also put a block on my card for my 2 x Eternia subs. It means my 200x and Collectors Choice will also be blocked. I try to live by the rule "When its not fun anymore, stop doing it"

Have sold most of my MOTUC figures and will concentrate on my vintage collection.

Not Me ! I Am There Till The End Of This Line !!
    In My Canon, Skeletor Has No Duck Feet !!!

i'm considering it strongly, as well as canceling next year's "collector's choice" sub. this last spate of figures is just garbage to me; Flying Fists vs Terror Claws, Dare , and now the Laser figures that may not even be included in the sub. the quality control has slipped again, resulting on fat armor for Ceratus. Dragstor was not done with the care he deserves. The King Hsss torso fiasco. Hiding the Talon Fighter set.

i was already looking forward to this line ending, along with the head aches that come with it.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I canceled mine a looong time ago, or else I would have been part of the current petition.

I did so because they were not shipping certain figures and doubling up on others.

It's been pretty sweet not dealing with Matty.

Well, I had 3 Club Eternia subs and 2 200X ones...until Matty inexplicably cancelled 2 of the Club Eternia's and both 200X! I had plenty of funds but they sent me an email telling me it was cancelled anyway.

That's ok, they've saved me money!
    Last edited by abaddon; October 1, 2015 at 09:04am.
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Join my Official REJEKTOR (created by Jim 'BUBBLOR' Johnston) Facebook page! www.facebook.com/Rejektor

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    i'm considering it strongly, as well as canceling next year's "collector's choice" sub. this last spate of figures is just garbage to me; Flying Fists vs Terror Claws, Dare , and now the Laser figures that may not even be included in the sub. the quality control has slipped again, resulting on fat armor for Ceratus. Dragstor was not done with the care he deserves. The King Hsss torso fiasco. Hiding the Talon Fighter set.

i was already looking forward to this line ending, along with the head aches that come with it.
    It seems to me that Mattel's attempt to throw Scott under the bus and put all the blame on him has backfired, and the size of their customer fan base is suffering for it.

Fans are always trickling away from this line, but it really feels that things are coming unglued over at Mattel right now, and that doesn't bode well for the line or for Mattel's vested financial interest. I certainly hope it's just a series of troubles that can be associated with the trials of new management and that things will line back up, but only time will tell.

I cancelled my 3 subs last month and have been buying on eBay and actually paying LESS per figure than what I did through Matty. I never wanted 3 subs, but I was an idiot and succumbed to last minute paranoia during the sub drive last year. No more having to deal with Digital River, though I do have to say, after recently having gotten heavily into Hot Toys, that Sideshow Collectibles website makes Digital River seem like the smoothest running business ever. I've had more problems with them in 2 months of ordering than I had in 6 years with DR, for what it's worth.
    Follow me on Instagram @Clo4k4ndD4gger for MOTUC pics and more.

My Top Most Wanted MOTUC: The Twiggets, Granita, Dylamug, Quakke, Sagitar, Spinwit, Spirit, Staghorn, Cringer (articulated adult form), Catra's Cat Form, Kayo, Filmation Tung Lashor, Master Sebrian, Drissi, Caz, Kittrina, Hawke/Delora, Attak Trak, Roton, Land Shark, Spidor, Crystal Castle, the Fright Zone.

I'm strongly considering it, I get quarterly shipments so I've got a bit of time to decide before my next drop. Think I'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks/NYCC and then make a decision.

I could happily do without the 4th Qtr of Club Eternia and next year's collectors club but really want the 200x sub.

Far too many mess-ups in too short a period and very little sign of resolution or communication from the new transparent team....

Hey, Spector. C'mere... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Nope. I am still pleased with the products they are offering. No reason for me to cancel.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

I'm very seriously considering. I'm giving myself until the 8th to make a decision. I plan to try and keep my 200x subscription and the CC sub but this year's Club Eternia subscription is really concerning me. I've been all in on this line (other than Standor) and it's been my favorite line to collect since around 2010 or 2011. Unfortunately, these last few weeks have really given me second thoughts about continuing to support the line. I've really never considered cancelling before but I really think I just may this time around. I'm really sad about this but I think it's probably for the best if the MOTU team doesn't come out and clear some things up.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man"

Cancelled mine no problem. Tired of the problems and headaches. I'll get the ones I need off Ebay going forward.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

I didn't think you could cancel a sub But, with everything going on--I guess they know they can't bind us to a contract when they don't uphold their end I will keep my 2015 sub, but if things don't improve, I seriously may consider cancelling the 2016 CC line. I'm not going to bother with Filmation since I really only want Skeletor and He-Man and will cherry pick them. But, it's sad--I never thought I would contemplate cancelling a sub and not sub for another line(have subbed from day 1), but with all of the problems lately, I feel myself drifting further and further from this line...
    Last edited by He-Kal; October 1, 2015 at 04:52pm.

Quote Originally Posted by danvin View Post
    I just cancelled my 2015 Club Eternia subscription. I wrote:

and they answered:

who else cancelled their sub?
    Who did you send this e-mail to? I want to do the same thing.

I'm considering it.

I really want the 200x figures and Veena especially. I fear that she'll be the rare one that sells out fast and I'll get screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by MEisterShake View Post
    I don't trust them to just cancel it and not charge my card, so I'm just changing my card right before they try to bill my sub.
    This is what you have to do.

Don't trust DR for one minute. They'll still try to charge your card or even any other card you used in the past.

I placed an order once where the cart amount was all goofed up and I paid $250 per figure instead of $25. I called DR and canceled the order and then just re-ordered the same items on another order. Two months later for some reason DR decided to run my card for the "canceled" order but couldn't cause the card was expired at the time. So they found an old card that I removed from the site but that they still had "on file" and ran that one on an order that was supposed to be cancel.

I have NOT cancelled any of my subs, BUT unfortunately had quite a few people cancel on me and leave me hanging (after they begged me to purchase 2015 subs on their behalf).
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I have NOT cancelled any of my subs, but unfortunately had quite a few people cancel on me and leave me hanging (after they begged me to purchase 2015 subs on their behalf).
    That's GARBAGE. Those people are pretty shady.
    A Want List of Sorts: at this point... I just hope there is a 2017...

I have NOT cancelled any of my subs, BUT unfortunately had quite a few people cancel on me and leave me hanging (after they begged me to purchase 2015 subs on their behalf).
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    That's GARBAGE. Those people are pretty shady.
    Unfortunately it has happened more and more each year. The more I agree to help people the more I get taken advantage of and crapped on...and lost tons of money along the way (while still paying thousands in medical debt for my wife's serious auto accident last year).
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

I am sure Scott must be loving this thread, with an evil smirk on his face !!!!!!!!!!!!

That's horrible.

I tried to do this 4 years ago and got shafted as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    I am sure Scott must be loving this thread, with an evil smirk on his face !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, working the cash register at SDCC was probably humbling enough to balance that out this year. I'm sure he was in a bit of shock at SDCC this time around.
    A Want List of Sorts: at this point... I just hope there is a 2017...

THAT is ugly as hell ! If they cant keep the commitment, then why the heck they make such requests ???????