Um... Yes, of course most fans want characters like Ram-Man and Scorpia more than they want Illumina but that's not what people are saying when they ask for this character. People want her in addition to those characters, not instead of them. As I said once before, I don't get how the possibility of making the Wind Raider Pilot from the model kit box art is "what this line is all about," yet Illumina is only wanted by a "small but vocal group." The half-obscured Wind Raider Pilot appeared on a piece of box art for a model kit! That's it! On the other hand, we know exactly what Illumina looks like and we know her backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
I also kind if get the feeling that he may be using this current back and forth to actually drum up support for Illumina, getting some free marketing out of it for when they do finally release this "fan demanded character".
I'm starting to think that too. Otherwise, Scott could just say "It's possible! Wait and see" and just leave it at that.

I see two possibilities here:

1.) They know they'll eventually make her and it'll be a big surprise when they do it. They're teasing a bit to build up buzz for the character.

OR

2.) They are purposely being crummy about it to annoy the creators of the character and the character's fans.

I sincerely hope it's the former and not the latter. Why not just say, "She has just as much chance of being made as any other lesser known character. We have the rights so it might happen someday!" Leave the door open instead of riling people up.

Also, Catra's Wrath wasn't entirely accurate about some of the info. This is what we learned about Illumina shortly after the comic ended:

Little is known about the blue-skinned warrior named Illumina. It is known, however, that she is a descendant of the Gar refugees that came to Eternia after the destruction of Infinitia and that she was a member of the Guardians of Grayskull (a secret sect devoted to the preservation of Castle Grayskull’s secrets throughout time).

At one point in her life, Illumina was known as one of the strongest proponents of anti-Eternian sentiments amongst her fellow Gar. Accordingly, she was a fierce proponent against efforts to integrate the Eternian and Gar peoples. What remains unknown, however, is what (if any) role Illumina had in the ruination of Captain Miro’s planned union with the mother of Keldor and the subsequent Gar massacre instigated by Count Marzo and other segregationists. Whatever the cause, with age Illumina’s views changed and she eventually sought atonement and repentance past for misdeeds.

At the time when the Mystic Wall was created she was on the Dark Hemisphere of Eternia, which effectively trapped her there. Fortunately, in addition to being a great strategist and possessing formidable fighting skills (especially with melee weapons), she has the power to control light and can even blind her opponents when those other talents are not enough. Prior to being caught on Dark Hemisphere she assisted Dekker in the teaching of Duncan.

Although a heroic force, it has been said that she was very cold blooded. Also, a common misconception is that she is in some way related to Keldor; however, beyond their shared Gar heritage there is no connection between them. Similarly, many believe her mount to be a descendant of the Battle Cats of old, while, in fact, her white-furred companion is an entirely different species that is genetically closer to the blood-thirsty Panthor.