Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread October 2011

Illumina I want.

Who on earth is Goat Man, Strobo, Icer, and Mara?
    And Strong Arm... I vaguely recall... But for me, no thanks.

Goat Man? Reallly? No offense to any fans..but...really?
    How about Cow Man... Or Sheep Guy. OOH... Chicken Face anyone?
    Sorry, couldnt resist. Probably would have been cool when I was kid.

I realize Illumina may not be "well known" either. But Common... gotta be cooler than a Goat Man, no?
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    Illumina I want.

I realize Illumina may not be "well known" either. But Common... gotta be cooler than a Goat Man, no?
    I want Illumina, but I would not say she is cooler than those listed above.

They all have their place in MOTUC.

and dont knock Goat Man lol, he is a bad red dude!

Dont get me wrong, I want Illumina, but those listed above, Have been on peoples wants lists longer than Illumina be around. Doesnt make them better than her, just means they have a place in this line.

I remember being a kid and dying for toys from the cartoon, that never made it. I wanted figures of all the bad guys for sure when I was younger.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Illumina I want.

You are funny LOL

Goat man is actually a realy awesome charachter and so is illumina.

I hope you sent cowman, chickenface, etc in for the contest.
    I'll cross my fingers for ya and hope they win
    I have the real power!

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

LMAO! This post sums up my feelings about Goat Man. He's the kid the other bad guys beat up on in the playground. He is a goat. What more can I say?!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'd much rather have Strong Arm, Goat-Man, and Icer over Illumina. However Mara and Strobo are on the same level as her to me since I don't care about them. Make them or not...whatever. Strong Arm, Goat-Man, and Icer on the other hand are awesome! #Villainy
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I'd much rather have Strong Arm, Goat-Man, and Icer over Illumina. However Mara and Strobo are on the same level as her to me since I don't care about them. Make them or not...whatever. Strong Arm, Goat-Man, and Icer on the other hand are awesome! #Villainy
    Mara was a main character on the NA cartoon, and was a prototype for the toy line just like Darius.

People may not like her, but that's a bit like saying, "Don't make Teela. I don't like her."

She was kind of like the NA Teela.

Grouping Mara in with the likes if Goat Man, Strobo, or even Strong-Arm is sort of a mistake
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    LMAO! This post sums up my feelings about Goat Man. He's the kid the other bad guys beat up on in the playground. He is a goat. What more can I say?!
    He aint really a goat. He looks more like a satanic demon to me. Which is awesome imo!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Mara was a main character on the NA cartoon, and was a prototype for the toy line just like Darius.

People may not like her, but that's a bit like saying, "Don't make Teela. I don't like her."

She was kind of like the NA Teela.

Grouping Mara in with the likes if Goat Man, Strobo, or even Strong-Arm is sort of a mistake
    Well, I'm NA ignorant so when NA figures are revealed, they are basically NEW characters to me. Every single one of them has been a win so far to me. I love Optikk, Icarius, and especially Slush Head. However, Mara remains just a name to me until I see something in MOTUC masterpiece form. Once it goes thru the Classicizer Machine™ and the magical hands of the Four Horsemen, my mind may change.
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Well, I'm NA ignorant so when NA figures are revealed, they are basically NEW characters to me. Every single one of them has been a win so far to me. I love Optikk, Icarius, and especially Slush Head. However, Mara remains just a name to me until I see something in MOTUC masterpiece form. Once it goes thru the Classicizer Machine™ and the magical hands of the Four Horsemen, my mind may change.
    This is how I feel for NA as well, I can look at the old figures and guess which ones will look great as MOTUC, but even though I have no idea who Mara is, who am I to say she doesnt belong, though I will not cry if she is not made.

i just hope she doesnt have evil #duckfeets!

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    I want Illumina, but I would not say she is cooler than those listed above.

They all have their place in MOTUC.

and dont knock Goat Man lol, he is a bad red dude!

Dont get me wrong, I want Illumina, but those listed above, Have been on peoples wants lists longer than Illumina be around. Doesnt make them better than her, just means they have a place in this line.

I remember being a kid and dying for toys from the cartoon, that never made it. I wanted figures of all the bad guys for sure when I was younger.
    Quote Originally Posted by orkothewizard View Post
    You are funny LOL

Goat man is actually a realy awesome charachter and so is illumina.

I hope you sent cowman, chickenface, etc in for the contest.
    I'll cross my fingers for ya and hope they win
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post

I really dont know who Goat Man is. The name just struck me as funny if not silly is all.

Im sure there are plenty of fans who both remember and want him. Im just not one who remembers him at least. Maybe I'd want him too if I saw him.

But Illumina I have seen and want. A hot blue chick with a big friggin white tiger? Oh yeah!

Also, who is Acer? Sounds kind cool.
    Anyone got a pic of Mara? Never watched the NA cartoon.

Still.. I hope they will see that us Orgers are not a minority.
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:

Find me on Facebook!

I actually think Mara could be an amazing warrior-style figure and still including her cartoon tunic. She'd need to be done in the style of Marlena and include two heads. I'd be quite happy with minimal weapons for her if she came with all the aforementioned!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Illumina I want.

And here we go. Nice spiteful attitude you have there. This is why I am sick of this Illumina crap. It is creating a issue. There are many characters people want and news flash we are not going to get them all. DEAL WITH IT. You know if you Illumina supporters put this energy to good use like haten spector then it would be a worthy cause.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    And here we go. Nice spiteful attitude you have there. This is why I am sick of this Illumina crap. It is creating a issue. There are many characters people want and news flash we are not going to get them all. DEAL WITH IT. You know if you Illumina supporters put this energy to good use like haten spector then it would be a worthy cause.
    LOL. Lighten up dude. No one else took my comments and got their feelings hurt.
    You'll see they were in jest if you took a couple to actually read them.

Also read my comments a couple below that.

Ive nothing against Goat Boy. Farm animals are tasty!

Been a fan since the 80's btw... I simply dont remember the character. And Im not really into the old cartoon now that Im all growds up. My kids are and I get to watch it with them from time to time. Just doesnt hold my attention like it used to. But maybe I can google Goat Man and see what he looks like. (though I fear what else I might see) lol

Again, if you'll read my comments I was just being playful. I even said no offense was meant.

AND I said I realize people love and want Goat Man and that if I recalled who he was, I might too.
    Both characters are loved by fans.

So lighten up dude. We can all have our opinions. We dont need to fight or get our furry underwear in a bunch.

And remember... I aint into farm animals... but hot blue chick? Heck yeah! hahah
    Last edited by General Hawk 7; October 10, 2011 at 05:49pm.

Feedback Thread:

Find me on Facebook!

By the way it is Goat-Man not Goat Boy. Pretty easy to remember. Much easier name to remember than that geriatric smurfette chick...Illumina I think her name was.

For reference: the awesome Goat-Man thread. I think his support is a smidge larger than the blue girl.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=183547
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

You know if you Illumina supporters put this energy to good use like haten spector then it would be a worthy cause.
    Can't we do both ? Because my support for Illumina balances out my hate for Spector ... and it gives me inner peace
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

By the way it is Goat-Man not Goat Boy. Pretty easy to remember. Much easier name to remember than that geriatric smurfette chick...Illumina I think her name was.

For reference: the awesome Goat-Man thread. I think his support is a smidge larger than the blue girl.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=183547
    Hahaha.. Awesome!

See? Some friendly banter doesnt hurt!

Thanks for the link! Dude looks cool... needs a better name though.
    Not at all what I was picturing... yeah.

So he was just in a Golden Book? Not a comic or cartoon even?
    Alright, alright, well, at least he got a story.
    I hope they make him too!
    I like BCI Guys pic of him!

Still though... I prefer the sexy "Smurf" blue Gar warrior with a white ***** ...cat. *ahem*
    Illumina's story would have been great I bet though and brought her more fame if the comic hadnt met a very untimely end.

Feedback Thread:

Find me on Facebook!

Cool it's all good. I am not saying they should never make Illumina but there are a lot of characters I would rather see than her. Goat-Man is a want of mine for 25+ years. I even made a custom of him when I was a kid in my vintage line. If Mattel never makes him I would be extremely disappointed but I would survive and move on. That is where I see the problem with Illumina. The support for her has gotten a very small group to become obnoxious and rude and plain out annoying. By hijacking threads, posting hate on other people's want's, constant smart a** remarks ((unless the request is 5000 you will not see your character)), etc, etc. She to me is no different than anyone else or more special. You want her, get in line because there are many more wanted characters than her. The very small group will say she is number #1. So should I start a facebook campaign and be a constant annoyance on everyone and tell Scott he sucks and he does not know what the fans want because someone does not support my character? Illumina supporters need to wise up.
    Last edited by mick4metal; October 10, 2011 at 07:08pm.

If you want to see how goatman looks in AF form hit this link:

http://www.lulu-berlu.com/dhtml/home...tegorie0=&page[2224]=2
    I have the real power!

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Cool it's all good. I am not saying they should never make Illumina but there are a lot of characters I would rather see than her. Goat-Man is a want of mine for 25+ years. I even made a custom of him when I was a kid in my vintage line. If Mattel never makes him I would be extremely disappointed but I would survive and move on. That is where I see the problem with Illumina. The support for her has gotten a very small group to become obnoxious and rude and plain out annoying. By hijacking threads, posting hate on other people's want's, constant smart a** remarks ((unless the request is 5000 you will not see your character)), etc, etc. She to me is no different than anyone else or more special. You want her, get in line because there are many more wanted characters than her. The very small group will say she is number #1. So should I start a facebook campaign and be a constant annoyance on everyone and tell Scott he sucks and he does not know what the fans want because someone does not support my character? Illumina supporters need to wise up.
    I think this comment is very unfair. I read one person make the 5000 joke about getting a character request made once. The Spector ummm...non-support is being shown by a lot of people, not just Illumina fans. Illumina comments have popped up in different threads, but ones that relate to her for the most part (like this news thread where TG's answers were posted).

As for Goat Man, Strobo, Icer and Mara...I want all of them. I actually want BOTH versions of Mara: robed and warrior (like the cartoon). Same with Crita.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Seriously, the comparison made here between the Spector Detractors and the Illumina Supporters is unfair.

It makes me think that people who make that comparison aren't really reading Illumina supporters' posts, comments, etc.

As much as I disapprove of Toyguru's managing style, at times, and as much as I think that Spector IS Deadpool in different colors, I still think the Spector thread right now is the most toxic place to visit on the Org

Anyway...

This is how I feel for NA as well, I can look at the old figures and guess which ones will look great as MOTUC, but even though I have no idea who Mara is, who am I to say she doesnt belong, though I will not cry if she is not made.

HAHAHA

Here, for reference...

The prototype:

Mara, early in the series (she's on the far right):

Mara, later in the series
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

This 100%!
    Except that I don't vaguely recall Strong Arm.

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    ....too bad there aren't Hot Wheels sized versions of MOTU vehicles though..
    I would love a HOTWheels sized Battle Ram or Wind Raider!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Welcome to Mara 101...

Toga Mara: Mara is Master Sebrian's assistant on Primus. A very smart young lady (presumably why she is Sebrian's assistant), she almost figures out Adam's secret identity several times. While not an official Galactic Guardian, Mara has handled herself well in battle.

Ambassador Mara: Eventually, she becomes ambassador to the Galactmytes on Planet Necron, as well as a Galactic Guardian. She becomes the archenemy of the Space Mutants' Crita.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I really hope we get Mara ASAP! I would like her to be done the same way as Queen Marlena - but if not - I would prefer the toy prototype.

BTW - regarding Illumina - Yeah I would like to get her, but she's probably nearer the bottom of my most wanted. I would like Goat-Man, Strobo, Mara - way more before we get her.

I gotta' say that I always liked the cartoon version of the Ambassador warrior garb for Mara over the prototype action figure version. I love the asymmetrical elements in the cartoon version, which I think look more visually interesting, and they help her fit in with the asymmetrical design elements on Flipshot's armor. I also like the boots and belt of the cartoon version better.

To me, the two-piece outfit looks completely out of place with the other Galactic Protectors, who are all wearing body-covering armor. Even He-Man covered up some more with pants. A woman in a blue bikini just looks completely out of place. No doubt, that will be the version made, however. I think if they're going to make the two-piece version, they need to specify that it's her outfit that she wears when she goes to Eternia. It makes sense on Eternia - but not as an ambassador or on Primus.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Welcome to Mara 101...

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j.../maracalls.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...aanddrissi.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...maraaction.jpg

Toga Mara: Mara is Master Sebrian's assistant on Primus. A very smart young lady (presumably why she is Sebrian's assistant), she almost figures out Adam's secret identity several times. While not an official Galactic Guardian, Mara has handled herself well in battle.

Ambassador Mara: Eventually, she becomes ambassador to the Galactmytes on Planet Necron, as well as a Galactic Guardian. She becomes the archenemy of the Space Mutants' Crita.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...tatakedown.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...stumefront.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...ostumerear.jpg

hmmm put me down for the warrior Mara, think she would look good with the 4HM doing the job. Love those hippy girls