Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread October 2011

Heroic Warrior
    I can`t get it, why some figues are pure awesomeness and a month later they screw everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Exactly.

- Battleground Evil-Lyn is 50/50 (half are EXTREMELY unhappy with her, the other half are
    ok i would like to say you are wrong on BGEL, its not half hate her and the half are just "OK" with her. There are a lot of people that love the way BGEL turned out
    the ignore list is my new best friend

If by "half" he means the dozen or so people who post the same things over and over, then yeah, it's half. The vast majority like her. There is no comparison b/w Snake MAA and BG Evil-Lyn. She is completely different from the regular release, has two heads, a new cape and 4 accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    If by "half" he means the dozen or so people who post the same things over and over, then yeah, it's half. The vast majority like her. There is no comparison b/w Snake MAA and BG Evil-Lyn. She is completely different from the regular release, has two heads, a new cape and 4 accessories.
    right, by no means am I defending SMAA.

but again 1 bad figure does not ruin my fun with MOTUC, hell even a few bad figures do not. I have said it over and over. The good way out ways any bad we have gotten in this line.

No toy line is with out faults.

This.
    The first time I heard "the loud minority" I was a bit offended. But now that I have been keeping an eye out on this behaviour this is really the case.
    That is a real shame ince it "labels" all of us

I want MAA to have changes, roboto arms and what not. Anything to make him noticablly different in my collection.

That said, why isnt any of this posted on the main page? This is stuff everyone would want to know is it not?
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    BGEL is a new head and cape, just like Snake MAA is a new head and accessory.

Plenty of fans hated Battleground Evil-Lyn. In your poll, a third of the fans didn't like her. However, she is saved by her vastly different paint scheme. Otherwise she is just as cheap as Snake MAA.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Can you make BG Evil-Lyn by packing her head in with someone else, and then putting it on Yellow Lyn's body?
    When you can do that, she's in the same category as Snake MAA. lol.
    And yes, they have the same amount of new tools, but Snake MAA is a new head and accessory and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    People need to show with their wallets. No, this won't end the line if you don't purchase this figure. The line is too strong for them to just end with one misfire. The subscription-ers will still get them a profit...but the cherry-pickers need to make this one shelf-warm. (Either that, or purchase on Ebay!) Yes, I'll, at this time, promote ebay purchases. I have a feeling that many subscriptioners will be ok with parting with this figure for cost.

If this figure is a success...it will mean that it's ok to continue to give us "variants" like this.
    I agree with this...don't buy it from Matty. Get it from the secondary market from a subber who doesn't want it. I bet a lot will go up for sale on the marketplace here alone just from people trying to recoup the cost.
    Last edited by Whiplash7; October 31, 2011 at 04:03pm.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Well...I think the way it happened was 90% of people hated BG Evil-Lyn when she was shown (the fourth repaint of Teela), caused Mattel to go into PR overdrive mode with that press release about the inspiration behind the design stuff. As the time to BG Evil-Lyn's release has gotten closer, people have warmed up to her and started to like her because her paint job is so well done (especially the faces). I kind of fit into that category. I hated her like poison when she was first released (not what I wanted/expected...or what anyone was asking for), but I can't stay mad at that pretty face.

Seriously, NO ONE would have been unhappy if she got her 200X/MYP outfit.

Can you make BG Evil-Lyn by packing her head in with someone else, and then putting it on Yellow Lyn's body?
    Well...a bunch of people wanted an unhelmeted, white haired Evil-Lyn (yellow skin) and black cape with the first Evil-Lyn (more like Filmation). So...yes, yes it could have.

The new arm bracers that turn are neat though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

When you can do that, she's in the same category as Snake MAA. lol.
    And yes, they have the same amount of new tools, but Snake MAA is a new head and accessory and that's it.
    Some fans DO want the brown furred MAA color scheme, so the variant wasn't a total loss--at least before the Roboto stuff. Since it's so close to the original MAA, alot of fans have to have the changes explained to them, whereas BGEL looks different from normal EL.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    I want MAA to have changes, roboto arms and what not. Anything to make him noticablly different in my collection.

That said, why isnt any of this posted on the main page? This is stuff everyone would want to know is it not?
    Nah, fans are sick to death of Snake MAA.

Just kidding. The Snake Man-At-Arms "Ask Matty" article is up for review now. It should appear in the front before long

Well...I think the way it happened was 90% of people hated BG Evil-Lyn when she was shown (the fourth repaint of Teela), caused Mattel to go into PR overdrive mode with that press release about the inspiration behind the design stuff.
    Ok I hate hate hate when people on the web just pull numbers out of their butt. really 90% hated it? did you ask everyone?

i mean it couldn't be b/c your personal opinion was hate, that the number might be a bit blown out of proportion?

Well...I think the way it happened was 90% of people hated BG Evil-Lyn when she was shown
    Dewd, you mean 91%
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

90% ?!

Seriously, NO ONE would have been unhappy if she got her 200X/MYP outfit.
    Just the people that hate 200x and would have been mad at being 'forced' to buy her because they want 'more classics in classics', etc. And those who find fault in everything.

The new arm bracers that turn are neat though.
    Forgot about those! Add more new differences to BG Evil-Lyn's list.

90% is bogus. People LOVED her at SDCC as well as excitement here. Of course many were disappointed she wasn't the real 200x variant. But what was shown, including all the extra goodies such as the new head and cape went over extremely well here.

Heroic Warrior
    Exactly.

- Battleground Evil-Lyn is 50/50 (half are EXTREMELY unhappy with her, the other half are okay with her...if they did her the way the extremely unhappy fans wanted her, everyone would be happy though...)
    - Snake MAA = not many fans (from the sounds of things). Two more pieces (ponytail head and arm canon) would have made a WORLD of difference.

Characters need to have something more to sell them. Snake MAA is basically like how Mattel handled the Ghostbuster figures: new head, new accessory, repaint. Those...haven't fared so well...
    I'm more than "okay" with BG Evil-Lyn, she looks fantastic! And this is nothing like Ghostbusters, this is the 2nd Man-At-Arms in the whole line of what will be 60+ figures? Not like Ghostbusters which is a rotation of basically 4 characters with an extra here or there.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    I love the stats people here throw around.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'm in the 10% that really likes Battleground Evil-Lyn!

Awesome color scheme, awesome accessories, awesome 2nd head!

3 bones on her bra and a little piece of cloth hanging down from her dress doesn't ruin that figure in the slightest bit.

Snake Man-At-Arms on the other hand, just doesn't measure up. The color scheme is too similar and the snake ring is a blah accessory. A second head wouldve helped a lot, like with Battleground Lyn.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Regardless of what y'all say - Darkspectre has the knock-down point - no-one would have complained if BGEL came with her 200x dress.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Is that really relevant?

I'm anxious to see how SMAA will turn out. I think he'll be nifty when it's all said and done; I trust the Horsemen.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Regardless of what y'all say - Darkspectre has the knock-down point - no-one would have complained if BGEL came with her 200x dress.
    I'd say that's 63% on point.

Everyone knows that 94.679811% of fans would have complained about that b/c they hate 200x.

I think the BGEL and SMAA comparisons are apt, but that SMAA is still considerably lazier. Her repaint is at least a MAJOR change to her appearance, while SMAA's overall color scheme has hardly changed. If you don't look closely you won't notice very much difference! The effect is just very different.

It bothers me that whoever answered the Q on SMAA can't tell why the reuse/repaint on SMAA isn't the same as Keldor or King Grayskull. It feels like he/she is just taking the offensive in order to cow the malcontents into gosh-shucks-ing their way into silence. I think (and correct me anyone if I'm wrong) that fans are very aware of the shared parts---VERY frigging aware--but this is one figure that's not more than the sum of his reused parts. The really rotten thing is they could have done a mini-comic Trap Jaw and I doubt there would have been this much backlash for that.

Probably not "no-one," but I think there would have been less complaining overall since anti-200x fans GOT their Evil-Lyn already and Filmation Evil-Lyn fans would just be demanding their shot next. But I'm kind of surprised to see so many posts defending her now. Feels like she set her FB friends on us.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Hey guys, don't pile on me! I stand by my 90% comment. If you go to the SDCC reveals thread or whatever (which is when we first saw her), everyone was going CRAZY over her being "just a repaint." The first person to speak positively about her in that thread was bcrduke saying how great her paint job was! Later on people started saying they liked her. It wasn't just 3-5 people going back and forth either. Most people were unhappy with how BG Evil-Lyn was "just a repaint" in that thread (and possibly the SDCC ratings thread).

Of course I "made up" 90% because I didn't go through the like...80 page thread (also a "made up" number because I'm not going to search for it ) and count everyone's comments (as I did for who wanted Toy Prototype stye Star Sisters vs. Poster style...that was something like 35 for protos and 1 for Poster, by the way ).

I think it's fair to say 50% of people do not like her (hate, disappointed, etc.) and 50% like her (love her, are okay with her, have accepted her). Those numbers may be off...but it's at least a fair analogy.

You've got me on the people that hate everything MYP/200X though. They may have not liked that Evil-Lyn...but...shouldn't they still hate BG Evil-Lyn because she's in the 200Xish colours?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Everyone knows that 94.679811% of fans would have complained about that b/c they hate 200x.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Probably not "no-one," but I think there would have been less complaining overall since anti-200x fans GOT their Evil-Lyn already and Filmation Evil-Lyn fans would just be demanding their shot next. But I'm kind of surprised to see so many posts defending her now. Feels like she set her FB friends on us.
    I think many fans have come to terms with her, since Mattel is open to making another go at 200X Evil-Lyn (thus taking another slot to get it right).

Hey guys, don't pile on me! I stand by my 90% comment. If you go to the SDCC reveals thread or whatever (which is when we first saw her), everyone was going CRAZY over her being "just a repaint." The first person to speak positively about her in that thread was bcrduke saying how great her paint job was! Later on people started saying they liked her. It wasn't just 3-5 people going back and forth either. Most people were unhappy with how BG Evil-Lyn was "just a repaint" in that thread (and possibly the SDCC ratings thread).

Of course I "made up" 90% because I didn't go through the like...80 page thread (also a "made up" number because I'm not going to search for it ) and count everyone's comments (as I did for who wanted Toy Prototype stye Star Sisters vs. Poster style...that was something like 35 for protos and 1 for Poster, by the way ).

I think it's fair to say 50% of people do not like her (hate, disappointed, etc.) and 50% like her (love her, are okay with her, have accepted her). Those numbers may be off...but it's at least a fair analogy.
    A lot of fans softened up on her as time passed. This happens alot from the time of the initial reveal--you get alot of initial gut reactions. After fans had time to dwell on it, the figure wound up not being so bad after all. This happens for almost every negative figure.

You've got me on the people that hate everything MYP/200X though. They may have not liked that Evil-Lyn...but...shouldn't they still hate BG Evil-Lyn because she's in the 200Xish colours?
    No, because she's vintage designed with the Teela dress.