Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread October 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Hey guys, don't pile on me! I stand by my 90% comment.
    I think you make fair guestimates!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    A lot of fans softened up on her as time passed. This happens alot from the time of the initial reveal--you get alot of initial gut reactions. After fans had time to dwell on it, the figure wound up not being so bad after all. This happens for almost every negative figure.
    How long will the Spector thread stay bumped at the top of the forum for? It's been over 2 months now right?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    I think you make fair guestimates!
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    How long will the Spector thread stay bumped at the top of the forum for? It's been over 2 months now right?
    I know, it's funny. I have to search and SEARCH for some threads that should always be on the first page (like the official bios one) and the Spector thread is ALWAYS right in your face. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if a random person told me they knew who The Mighty Spector was, but asked me what the **** a MOTUC is! (joke)

EDIT: Before anyone tells me, yes...I know there's the BIG MOTUC thread MGM made...but I always forget to look there.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    the Spector thread is ALWAYS right in your face.
    They should make it a sticky thread
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Wait until his bio hits.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wait until his bio hits.
    Within this thread ... Armageddon
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Can you make BG Evil-Lyn by packing her head in with someone else, and then putting it on Yellow Lyn's body?
    When you can do that, she's in the same category as Snake MAA. lol.
    And yes, they have the same amount of new tools, but Snake MAA is a new head and accessory and that's it.
    Here! Here!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I think the BGEL and SMAA comparisons are apt, but that SMAA is still considerably lazier. Her repaint is at least a MAJOR change to her appearance, while SMAA's overall color scheme has hardly changed. If you don't look closely you won't notice very much difference! The effect is just very different.
    That's why i hope they change the arms/legs and make the armor silver. I can mix and match the parts. I can have 200X "vs The Snake Men" MAA

They could throw that Grayskull laser-rifle in with green highlights.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

am i the only one sick of the "in time" stuff?
    "you will get the look you have wanted for 3 years in time but for now shut up and eat this!" we got that with BGEL now we get it with SMAA...and my HATE for BGEL is still as strong now as it was then

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    "you will get the look you have wanted for 3 years in time but for now shut up and eat this!" we got that with BGEL now we get it with SMAA...and my HATE for BGEL is still as strong now as it was then
    Nope, you are not alone... I don't want to go through 5 MAA,s 10 Teelas and 20 Evil Lyns just to get the version I'd like...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Nope.

I know Toyguru has the spreadsheets and hard data to know how strong MOTUC really is, but stuff like this makes me wonder if he overestimates how strong the fanbase's tolerance will be for Mattel to get a 200X Evil-Lyn or Man-At-Arms right.

There is also the chance that the line might die due to mismanagement before we reach the third incarnation of those characters. With sub orders lowering this year, I'd rather nip figures in the bud the first time so that we can close the book on them and move onto other characters or looks, instead of going back and trying to get it right.

I wish Mattel thought this way about Castle Grayskull. We would have been had a diorama. "I imagine that Castle Grayskull is a popular playset. I'm sure that Grayskull will pop up again in time."

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    We don't want a Man-At-Arms with Roboto arms... look at he-man.org. The Fans don't want him different,
    yes we do.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Personally I think this line HAS the legs to at least keep the 12 monthly/4 variants going. I also hope we see many variants because I want to be able to pick and choose what version of the character fits my ideal MOTU cannon.

So bring on SMAA with Roboto/Trapjaw arms and legs!

Ah, but some of us quite like these other versions... Sorry you don't, but stop raining on our parade!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I'm worried whenever TG says the we will get everyone in time comments. I also collect DCUC and am still waiting to finish a bunch of teams. We were told the same thing from TG at the time. Blah blah in time blah blah planned out blah blah. How'd that work out? The line as we knew it is dead, and now there are online only figures. The sub sold less then planned, do you really think they're going to add the rest of the metal men?

It was the same with the GL MM line. CnC over 5 waves, but when asked about what if the movie tanks will these be at retail? TG would just say yes we have the line planned out. I've only seen wave one up here.

I understand the planning the line out and such, but there is no certainty that these figures will ever be produced. We have already been told less sub sales this year so there is going to be less, and no new items. It sounds like TG has the line planned for 5 more years but the upper management is just as happy to cut it at any time.

J

I didn't want any Man-At-Arms variants, and 200X Evil Lyn was the only one I wanted of her, and now we still have to wait for her.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    I'm worried whenever TG says the we will get everyone in time comments. I also collect DCUC and am still waiting to finish a bunch of teams. We were told the same thing from TG at the time. Blah blah in time blah blah planned out blah blah. How'd that work out? The line as we knew it is dead, and now there are online only figures. The sub sold less then planned, do you really think they're going to add the rest of the metal men?

J
    To be fair, the line isn't dead at retail. Did you not see the Larfleeze coming in the new retail line? There's also the Batman Legacy which is DCUC quality.

Panic is spreading like wildfire around here. Fearmingering is everywhere! Some of us could work for the media...

Seriously though, and I understand the principals involved, but things really aren't that bad. It's in their interest for the line to do well. (I know I'm inviting all sorts of silliness with that one.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Panic is spreading like wildfire around here. Fearmingering is everywhere! Some of us could work for the media...

Seriously though, and I understand the principals involved, but things really aren't that bad. It's in their interest for the line to do well. (I know I'm inviting all sorts of silliness with that one.)
    While I am concerned about Mattel wasting slots on halfhearted 200X variants, Snake MAA is ONE hiccup in an otherwise flawless year so far (not counting the 30th figures, since they are optional). For once, Fisto, Kobra Khan and Stinkor are vintage releases that aren't going to be scrutinized for lack of 200X heads. The long awaited Sorceress is coming out. Slushhead continues the NA winning streak. POP will have 3 new characters in one go.

Right in ol' chum. I'm also betting that SMAA won't be as big of a dud with most as he's being heralded as so far.

Oh, and by the way:

Happy Halloween, everyone!

er...how is keldor a variant of skeletor? that's like saying adam is a variant of he-man. while they might not be completely different characters, it's not like skeletor puts on a keldor costume or even has the ability to turn into keldor any more.

More new questions are up!!!

Snake MAA's deco might not change at all! (personally I liked the repaint fine, it was the additional accessories I wanted) And more on that 200X variant that was dumped for the Filmation character.

At this point they really should leave it like they showed at NYCC. People have gotten attached to that look and subbing in Roboto parts isn't going to please that many people on the other side. All I want from Mattel right now before I can move on from this is some assurance they aren't going to milk the repaint/Cheapsnake variants through the sub in the future. MAA #3 with unhelmeted head and a new weapon is NOT an acceptable variant!!!

Damn, I hope he doesn't stay as the taken for the ass variant.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Damn, I hope he doesn't stay as the taken for the ass variant.
    sadly i bet he will

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    er...how is keldor a variant of skeletor? that's like saying adam is a variant of he-man. while they might not be completely different characters, it's not like skeletor puts on a keldor costume or even has the ability to turn into keldor any more.
    That's true. I hadn't thought of that. Keldor is NOT a Skeletor variant.
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698