Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread October 2011

Correct, which is cool that he snuck in as a variant.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    At this point they really should leave it like they showed at NYCC. People have gotten attached to that look and subbing in Roboto parts isn't going to please that many people on the other side. All I want from Mattel right now before I can move on from this is some assurance they aren't going to milk the repaint/Cheapsnake variants through the sub in the future. MAA #3 with unhelmeted head and a new weapon is NOT an acceptable variant!!!
    I think that will be MAA #3. Unhelmeted head, 200X Arm Cannon and gray Snake Man armor.

MAA #4 will probably be the Filmation version with symmetrical armor and a new head, maybe his lightsaber.

MAA#5 could be the movie version.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Of those, only the first and last options excite me. I just couldn't care less about Filmation versions of characters we already have or had access to. Shoot, the movie and snake armor versions are close enough that their looks could be combined into one release, like the LL/NA Skeletor toys.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Hey guys, don't pile on me! I stand by my 90% comment. If you go to the SDCC reveals thread or whatever (which is when we first saw her), everyone was going CRAZY over her being "just a repaint." The first person to speak positively about her in that thread was bcrduke saying how great her paint job was! Later on people started saying they liked her. It wasn't just 3-5 people going back and forth either. Most people were unhappy with how BG Evil-Lyn was "just a repaint" in that thread (and possibly the SDCC ratings thread).

Of course I "made up" 90% because I didn't go through the like...80 page thread (also a "made up" number because I'm not going to search for it ) and count everyone's comments (as I did for who wanted Toy Prototype stye Star Sisters vs. Poster style...that was something like 35 for protos and 1 for Poster, by the way ).

I think it's fair to say 50% of people do not like her (hate, disappointed, etc.) and 50% like her (love her, are okay with her, have accepted her). Those numbers may be off...but it's at least a fair analogy.

You've got me on the people that hate everything MYP/200X though. They may have not liked that Evil-Lyn...but...shouldn't they still hate BG Evil-Lyn because she's in the 200Xish colours?
    Nope I liked her from the beginning, sometimes I try to stay away from all the negativity, don't feel I need to defend every last desicion I like. But at the same time posters like to bring up threads and points of view they feel "most or everyone" has in the Ask Matty section on Mattycollector because 20-50 posters despise a direction a figure was/is going in. So if I don't post I get lumped in with "everyone".

To me they do a hell of a job on this line and am I going to like certain figures more than others, yep, do I wish some figures would come differently or with more, yep. But at the same time most of these figures are reused parts and I'm ok with that. Is Snake Man-At-Arms the best version ever? Probably not and if we get 1 or 2 of these a year I'm ok with that, the Man-At-Arms original MOTUC figure is amazing in the 1st place, so that with a different head will look awesome on card.

And oh wow 35 to 1??? Man that has the whole fanbase or majority written all over it?

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    ... sometimes I try to stay away from all the negativity, don't feel I need to defend every last desicion I like...
    I used to feel that way about staying away from negative and intense discussions regarding design decisions I liked. Then stuff I liked started getting changed, so I started to at least throw a sentence into discussions expressing my happiness about something to show there was positive feedback too.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    We did have a true 200X variant planned for later 2012, but it was bumped when we got the Filmation rights. Getting Filmation characters into the line was difficult only in the sense that we had a very balanced line already set for 2012 and in the end it was the 200X variant that was bumped.

We hope to get to more 200X and Filmation characters in 2013 and beyond. Nothing is stopping us!
    I don't like how he keeps swapping between 200x variants and 200x characters in the same post.

I've noticed he does that a lot. There is a difference between a variant and a character. We've gotten several 200x characters (Marzo, Faceless One, Carnivus, Keldor) but they are no substitute for the true 200x variants many of us want.

I want 200x King Hsss and 200x Evil Lyn. They're variants. Not characters.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    I used to feel that way about staying away from negative and intense discussions regarding design decisions I liked. Then stuff I liked started getting changed, so I started to at least throw a sentence into discussions expressing my happiness about something to show there was positive feedback too.
    Totally agree with this!

I'll just add that... ANY feedback (whether positive OR negative) is always a good thing. We all have our opinions. We all grew up liking different aspects of MOTU!!!!!

We're all fans... we should all have a say as to what TG, Mattel, and the 4H are doing with this line. Adult collectors? That's US!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Exactly. Me too.
    Last edited by TJRules; November 1, 2011 at 11:56pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Man I am a little bummed out about the Snake Man at Arms variant. I wanted him only to make a Filmation Man At Arms, classicized of course .

But it's stated that we will likely get more Man At Arms variants, which I'm perfectly fine with. However since the only (and I do mean only) reason I was happy with SNake Manatarms was to make Filmation Classics Duncan and now I feel like that may come out on it's own.

Gah, now I dont know if I do want to have him. Since I'd open him and if they did a Filmation MAA I'd have to sell it, because I certainly dont want Snake Man At Arms.

....sigh.

I don't like how he keeps swapping between 200x variants and 200x characters in the same post.

I've noticed he does that a lot. There is a difference between a variant and a character. We've gotten several 200x characters (Marzo, Faceless One, Carnivus, Keldor) but they are no substitute for the true 200x variants many of us want.

Well sorry for you, but yeah, I'd much rather have new 200x characters that havent a figure than waste a spot on a variant. Mind you I'm not anti variants, only a variant taking the place of a character in the actual Monthly Sub line. To me the characters are the point, the variants would be substitution to real characters, which clearly I'm not interested if I had to choose.

Keep the variants low and far between, that's been working just fine. And luckily it seems I agree with Mattel.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think that will be MAA #3. Unhelmeted head, 200X Arm Cannon and gray Snake Man armor.

MAA #4 will probably be the Filmation version with symmetrical armor and a new head, maybe his lightsaber.

MAA#5 could be the movie version.
    Cant do movie version...yet.

Filmation version as mentioned before, would bum me out. Only other version of Duncan I want.

Appreciate your idea for version 3. Would be a great mix-n-match figure like She-Ra 2.0 and 1.0. I wouldnt want it, but great idea. Alot of value in that one.

-------------------------

As it stands I still cant understand how specific people get on their request for variants like Filmation and MYP.

Once through the "classicize Machine" you really gotta just boil it down to what really makes it.

Skeletor for an example for filmation really only needs the head. They want to throw in boots too? Fine. But we all know the head is what is key here. Hence what makes Alcala Skeletor rule so much, with that new head comming.

And for MYP really what can we expect but keldor's cape, and maybe bare feet with say, trap jaw shin guards or whatever? Maybe skip the shin guards but give him a longer loincloth thingy. Really that's all we'd need, not ever a new head, but a different paint app on it as well.

I get this, and whatever they do will be great. But I think it's clear what we should expect from 200x versions (think Zodak vs Zodac) and i'm saddened and supprised people still havent gotten used to this.

By all means, if talking about it makes what you want happen great. It's even been shown to make a difference. But it seems like people want to state that if they dont get what they want specifically anything else is garbage. That's just silly.
    Last edited by baronterror; November 2, 2011 at 06:16am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Nope I liked her from the beginning, sometimes I try to stay away from all the negativity, don't feel I need to defend every last desicion I like. But at the same time posters like to bring up threads and points of view they feel "most or everyone" has in the Ask Matty section on Mattycollector because 20-50 posters despise a direction a figure was/is going in. So if I don't post I get lumped in with "everyone".

To me they do a hell of a job on this line and am I going to like certain figures more than others, yep, do I wish some figures would come differently or with more, yep. But at the same time most of these figures are reused parts and I'm ok with that. Is Snake Man-At-Arms the best version ever? Probably not and if we get 1 or 2 of these a year I'm ok with that, the Man-At-Arms original MOTUC figure is amazing in the 1st place, so that with a different head will look awesome on card.
    Everyone has different opinions and that's a good thing. If you like or dislike something, it's important to let Mattel know.

And oh wow 35 to 1??? Man that has the whole fanbase or majority written all over it?
    This has been discussed to DEATH already! The main point was out of everyone asking for the Star Sisters before they were revealed at SDCC 2011 (more than 36 people), 35 people specifically said they wanted the 80's prototype toy colours/design. One-two people said they wanted the Filmation or Magazine versions. The rest just said they wanted the Star Sisters (didn't count that number) but the toy colours/design for the Star Sisters (darker colours: almost red Jewelstar and silver, maroon, dark pink and silver Tallstar) were the preferred, and asked for versions (especially since most people who knew the Star Sisters existed, mainly knew about the US catalogue picture of them). Also, these would have been sculpted before Mattel and Classic Media had their deal, which means the only versions of the Star Sisters legally available to Mattel would be the Toy Prototype versions. They didn't have Filmation rights and they explained they did not have the rights to Strobo who appeared in the MOTU Magazines (the Star Sisters poster is from the PoP Magazines). I mean, it's a moot point because they did end up getting the rights in the end...but they 100% should have been the toy prototype versions based on fan requests/feedback and from a LEGAL standpoint.

I hope we can finally move past this though. The Star Sisters are the poster versions and are coming in February. I'm still excited for them. I do hope we eventually get the 80's prototype versions of them (especially after just recently learning the original Starla had translucent orange, sparkly legs and Tallstar had translucent, maroon, sparkly gloves and boots!).

http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=216504
    Last edited by Darkspecter; November 2, 2011 at 06:37am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Keep the variants low and far between, that's been working just fine. And luckily it seems I agree with Mattel.
    I basically agree. I mostly want new characters as well, but the quarterly variant slots are for variants. I'd much rather have had a new character or a 200x variant over Snake MAA or that awful Hurricane Hordak. I've never liked Hordak's vintage variants. The only Hordak variant I'd be interested in would be a Filmation variant.

That's why I want 200x King Hsss and 200x Evil Lyn. Beyond them and the Sorceress they actually are not many more true 200x variants heavily requested.

Check all the polls. Those are pretty much the top three every time.

Get those three produced and then see how many more 200x variants are called for. I'd suspect not many.

I'd much rather have new 200x characters that haven't a figure than waste a spot on a variant.
    Sort of, but there actually isn't that many more MYP characters that I would want. At least not over the vintage or some key Filmation characters. I suspect a majority would feel the same.

The Clawful cousins, Evil Seed, Veena, Dekker, and that's mostly it. There are a few others some other fans want, but the biggest draw for 200x/MYP is the variants of a few key characters. That's what the variant slots were supposed to be for.

I basically agree. I'd mostly have new characters as well, but the quarterly variant slots are for variants.

That's why I want 200x King Hsss and 200x Evil Lyn. Beyond them and the Sorceress they actually are not many more true 200x variants heavily requested.

Check all the polls. Those are pretty much the top three every time.

Get those three produced and then see how many more 200x variants are called for.

Sort of, but there actually isn't that many more MYP characters that I would want. At least not over the vintage or some key Filmation characters. I suspect a majority would feel the same.

The Clawful cousins, Evil Seed, Veena, Dekker, and that's mostly it. There are a few others some other fans want, but the biggest draw for 200x/MYP is the variants of a few key characters. That's what the variant slots were supposed to be for.
    for me you have to add Snake Armor He-man to the 200X variant wants, love that figure!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    for me you have to add Snake Armor He-man to the 200X variant wants, love that figure!
    I forgot about him. Yeah, I want that one too. That was a nice variant.

I love variants if they're done well.

In general I prefer new characters but if the choice were Chief Carnivus or Clamp Champ, I'd take the variants Snake Armor He-Man or Filmation Hordak.

I loved Carnivus but I love He-Man more as a character and he looks great in Snake Armor.

That's why I want certain 200x variants more than some new characters.

I love vintage Hsss but I prefer the 200x version. I'm a huge fan of the character and that's my preferred look for him, so I'd take that variant over any new character if given the choice.

Same for 200x Evil Lyn. I won't accept any look for her but the 200x look.

Evil Lyn is one of my favorite characters. I love her a lot more than Ram Man, so if the choice were given to me in the Classics line "You can have Ram Man or a 200x Evil Lyn variant", I'm taking the 200x Evil Lyn variant.