Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: whats up with the gooble / New segment: Roast Gooble Late Night Snack!

I really don't care how I get them as long as we get them. I am HUNGRY FOR THE GOOBLE.

I wouldn't spread them out. I would release them as you finish editing them. If you only have time to edit one episode, then just release that episode.

As I recall, no Gooble was uploaded in June at all, and if I understood correctly, Val had to wait on Libsyn after the quota was filled after he uploaded nine episodes in May. That averages only two per week in May. Thus, Val may have no choice but to spread the eps out because of Libsyn's quota system.
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Heroic Warrior
    I love the gooble podcast - but the necessary delays could allow more refinement of them, a great deal of editing of discussions and more content per podcast - they could be collapsed.
    The last two months have seen several major highs and several major lows in news and fan reaction to various announcements from Mattel. I'm sure the gooble has dealt with a great many of these and it would be more conducive to neat encapsulation of all these issues if Val were more - how can I put this without sounding like I'm trolling or critical - strict with what's in and what's out.
    I can't stress how highly I rate theses podcasts - but "collapsing" two or three podcasts into one may be the answer once they are able to be uploaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    Have yall considered making some sort of script or outline and concintrate on topics to keep the length of recording down to help keep editing and finishing to a minimum?
    it's not how much is in the show. It's just the nature of editing. We could talk about one subject and only one subject. It may still need a lot of editing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Just don't spread them out like we do Masters Cast... you know... months upon months between episodes at times
    At this rate, that's how it's going.

Quote Originally Posted by Gragar View Post
    I can't stress how highly I rate theses podcasts - but "collapsing" two or three podcasts into one may be the answer once they are able to be uploaded.
    We set them up to be numbered indivdual shows. Plus, an hour and a half to 2 hours seems to be the tolerance level for a lot of folks... sort of like seeing a movie at the theater. If it's 3 hours, people want it to be damn good. If it's not, you can get a lot of irritated folks.

Can't wait to hear the Gooble backlog - it makes my drive to work (almost) bearable.

How about only recording once a month for the near future until things get caught up? It's likely to be a pretty quiet time for news/reveals until at least Feb so maybe a few less episodes would lighten the load for Val and Co and we wouldnt be missing out on too much either.

Heroic Warrior
    Could I be even more demanding? I'll shut up soon Val, I promise - how about Gooble commentary podcasts in future that we could synch with the Gary Goddard MOTU movie or Filmation features and episdoes or MYP episodes? Awesomeness would be inherent in those I reckon!

Only if you all want them MST3K style.
    I wouldn't want to do a detailed factual type commentary. I leave that for the DVDs. I'd want to have more fun and goof around like we do a lot in the regular show.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I wouldn't want to do a detailed factual type commentary. I leave that for the DVDs. I'd want to have more fun and goof around like we do a lot in the regular show.
    Sounds like an order for MOTU3K to me. What'd be wrong with it, other than Eamon taking it over?
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    That would imply that the final product would be funny. It would also mean that you would basically have to make fun of the movie itself. Would that be possible on both counts from the RGD crew?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    Sounds like an order for MOTU3K to me.
    It would be fun to do!

Any chance for an early Christmas present?

I've got 3 episodes ready to go. But I was trying to really dig into things so they would come steady with no more delays.

I guess I should just post them.

We've recorded up through 70.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Go, man! GO! GO! GO!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress Ninjor Tung Lashor Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Mermista Evilseed (MYP)

Alright !!! Val, you made my day !!!
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    You guessed right! We want more Gooble!
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Heroic Warrior
    Are they up? I will be listening to the reveals from SDCC again Nice job on Suicide Squad Val!

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I say post them. If there are a few more minor delays here and there, who cares?
    Looking forward to listening to you crazy kids again!

Roast Gooble Dinner is like Eamon. You don't keep it steady, you unleash it.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Are they up? I will be listening to the reveals from SDCC again
    Not yet. Its fun revisiting these episodes with Eric from the 4H, though. They are chock full of good info.

Nice job on Suicide Squad Val!
    Thanks!
    I'm having a lot of fun working on that book. I'm currently working on Hulk 50 and New Mutants 38 while waiting for some more SS pages to come in.

Are you planning to keep the format the same? I have been pondering if it might be more manageable for you the change the gooble to a bi-weekly or even monthly cast. I know how hard it can be to find 6 hours of time every week when your schedule is busy a s hell. I loved the weekly format, but I'd prefer a reduced release speed to no gooble at all for months at a a time
    Cheers,
    TuShan

My Deviantart Page

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    The Gooble will be back?
    So i can put the razor blades away?
    What a relief

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Not yet....
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I've got 3 episodes ready to go. But I was trying to really dig into things so they would come steady with no more delays.

We've recorded up through 70.
    Yes! It's been a loooong Gooble famine. We're dying for some!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    The Gooble will be back?
    What a relief
    I keep my razorblades within arm's reach....ya know...just in case!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Not yet. Its fun revisiting these episodes with Eric from the 4H, though. They are chock full of good info.
    Oh man...I completely forgot that the episodes with Eric haven't been posted yet! Yeah man, get those up! The people's gotta hear them!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos: