Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nepthu Discussion Thread

Official Nepthu Discussion Thread

Nepthu stars in one of my favorite episodes, "Temple of the Sun." He's also one of my favorite one-off villains. Given the chance, I think he could've made a great return villain much like Masque could have. The figure could come with his scarab and the diamond Zoar. I'd also like to see the Sand Demons he created as army builders.

Nepthu is nifty!

I would love a couple of sand demons too. Very cool, classic Filmation designs.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I've always liked the Egyptian look of Nepthu. A Filmation Nepthu would go along perfectly with an MYP Sorceress variant.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Snappy Threader
    Nepthu would be quite east from a tooling standpoint. I think the possibilites of what they could do with him and Sand Demons are quite exciting to think about.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would like a sand monster. also it could be made as a rock monster variant.
    However I'm not interested in a figure of Nepthu. Having him in a future story I'm open.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Well, I do see that this guy has an official "speculation" thread, but seeing as there are only five posts, can't say he's really a fan-demanded figure. I don't think too many will be sad if he ends up not released. Do you guys think there's a high probability of him being one of those released through this "special program" that will be introduced at NYTF?

I have nothing against the idea of Nepthu as a figure, but he is practically at the bottom of the "wish list" of Filmation characters. More people have been vocal about Chef Allen than this guy. If Nepthu makes it into the line before characters like Shokoti, Masque, Lizard Man, Strong Arm, Icer, Batros, Evilseed, Kothos, General Tataran, Granita, Vultak, Madame Razz, Seahawk, Melaktha, Dylamug, Kittrina, Delora, Imp, Melog, Huntara, Scorpia, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle, Robot Knights, Hunga the Harpy, Red Knight, General Sunder, Negator, Chimera...and yes, even Chef Allen, then I'd say it has nothing to do with fan demand. Even the Filmation versions of Tung Lasher and Count Marzo are more requested than Nepthu, and they are variants!

Nepthu is a cool looking character but he'd still be near the bottom of my Filmation wants list. The Sand Demons, however, would be awesome to see, they're one of my favorite monsters in MOTU!

Heroic Warrior
    Always wanted the Sand Demons in this line, would need about 5 of them. It would be cool to have Nepthu also.

Nepthu is definitely a cool looking character. I would like to get him but, unfortunately, I am in the minority in wanting every Filmation character in the series. So I doubt if we'll see him. However, the sand monsters are great and I think a lot of us would love to see them. They were great generic monsters that have high recognizability.

Well, I have to say personally I am glad to NOT have seen Nepthu as a reveal at NYTF this past weekend. I know that doesn't mean he won't be one of the final three slots in the Filmation sub this year. Again I don't hate him, just not thrilled about him.

The Sand Demons were awesome. I would army-build three of those.

Nepthu... well... not for me.
    Check out my blog, Toy Review Daily: A New Toy Review, 366 Days a Year! http://www.toyreviewdaily.com

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Yep, definitely want Nepthu. I hope we see him real soon.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Wonder if Nepthu will come with a transparent 'crystal' soar figure when he's released...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Maybe we'll get Nepthu as was hinted a few months ago and then the Sand Demons will be the army builders

Watched this episode just today. I'd love to get Nepthu. He's a lot higher on my list of Filmation wants than he seems to be on most others though.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    Maybe we'll get Nepthu as was hinted a few months ago and then the Sand Demons will be the army builders
    Not saying I wouldn't want them, but I don't think Sand Demons as the 2013 "fan-demanded" army builder would sit well with the fan community.

I like the design of Nepthu, but hate the color scheme
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    I'm all for Nepthu in 'Classics. But the Sand Demons/Rock Monsters even more so. Beast slots with interchangeable heads, each painted tan or gray respectively. I want those almost more than Horde Troopers and repainted Snakemen.

I've wanted a sand demon forever, especially when they made the shadow beast I was like alright we have to get a sand demon now.... Yet still I wait.

I prefer the gray rock monsters:

By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I like Nepthu.

Besides his amulet, he could come with that crystallized (or metallic?) version of Zoar. I imagine the 4H could do more detailing with his design. The Egyptian concept looks good and he's a basic buck figure. He isn't in my Top Ten for Filmation wants, but I'd gladly buy one.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Yeah Temple of the Sun is a good episode but I personally have no interesting in getting Nepthu as a figure, he too much of a plain design IMO.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I like Nepthu.

Besides his amulet, he could come with that crystallized (or metallic?) version of Zoar. I imagine the 4H could do more detailing with his design. The Egyptian concept looks good and he's a basic buck figure. He isn't in my Top Ten for Filmation wants, but I'd gladly buy one.
    I'm a fan of Egyptian history, and I'm actually visiting Cairo next year, so I'd be down for Nepthu. The crystal Zoar would be fun, but given matty's penchant for skimping on accessories, I fear it would just be a translucent version of the bird we already have instead of the unique sculpt that would be needed to do it justice.

I'm down for a Nepthu. Not top on my Filmation want list for sure, but a decent one-off villain. Give him a Marzo hand and that Amulet and we're good to go.