Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nepthu Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarliehog View Post
    Yeah, that's really not fair. That's like saying "Well, you guys wanted more Orignal Series figures, so here's the Meteorbs. Good job guys!!"

I'd take Nepthu over Meteorbs any day.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I'd take Comet Cat over Nepthu...as long as he doesn't cost the same as a full figure.

I like the bird...
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 9.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post

I'd take Nepthu over Meteorbs any day.
    He certainly is NOT the worst figure. Filmation is not my first choice for official MOTU canon, however, these figures are making me appreciate the characters more. The more I look at him, the more I like him. And I like the idea of having more villains other than Skeletor's cronies, Snake Men and the Horde. Characters like this just help add so much more depth to the stories.

I am completely turning from a cherry picking, mini-comic origin fan to a subscriber of the entire MOTU/Filmation/Classics canon fan. Three months ago, I wouldn't imagine saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Weaver 78 View Post
    Dree Elle and Montork are the bottom of the barrel?

Silly me for wanting figures of them for so long... I didn't know...
    I'm not a Nepthu fan, and I know you weren't involved in all the bashing, but this kind of comment in this thread will all this piling-on of a character thousands of others could possibly have wanted for just as long is really ironic.

I haven't dreamed of this guy, heck I don't know if I've even seen his episode, but I'm happy to get this figure. I REALLY want Masque but it doesn't rustle my jimmies that he's up for vote while this guy I don't even know is apparently in production.
    Last edited by hadley; July 17, 2013 at 08:31pm.

Honestly, I wanted a Nepthu figure, at some point. I love all those many independent villains in Filmation who harassed He-Man completely separately from Skeletor. It made Eternia and the threats to its stability seem so much bigger. Despite Nepthu's plain design in the cartoon, I was confident the 4H would make him look spectacular, like they've done with most of the other Filmation figures so far. This however, is a big let down, mainly because of the awful face sculpt. Some people are complaining that he uses the Bow boots, but that's just nitpicking - they're similar enough to what he had in the show, but the face is an utter failure. I can't believe the 4H managed to get it so wrong. I honestly think I'm going to have someone like Hunter Knight or Master English make me a custom face that looks exactly like the Filmation one.

Wooo! Can't wait for him and Plundor! More obscure stuff! Way more fun than an 'All-Star' year!
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf-Gar View Post
    He looks like he just remembered that he left the stove on at home.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 9.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Grayskull's Librarian Shadow Weaver 78's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I'm not a Nepthu fan, and I know you weren't involved in all the bashing, but this kind of comment in this thread will all this piling-on of a character thousands of others could possibly have wanted for just as long is really ironic.

I haven't dreamed of this guy, heck I don't know if I've even seen his episode, but I'm happy to get this figure. I REALLY want Masque but it doesn't rustle my jimmies that he's up for vote while this guy I don't even know is apparently in production.
    As you said, I wasn't involved in the bashing, and that's because I don't mind Nepthu being in the line. If he makes someone happy, then that is a fantastic thing, and something I wouldn't begrudge.

I was merely commenting that I disagreed with the statement that Dree Elle and Montork are 'bottom of the barrel' characters. Not sure what's so ironic about it, as I wasn't commenting on Nepthu.
    Go big or go home

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
    Would you like to buy mine as well then?
    I will I will!
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Oh no, don't you dare. Blame us for Lizard Man or Huntara, not Nepthu.
    True....blame Scott for this one. Blame me if we get Negator and no one likes him....You can also blame me for Icer and Batros, and if we get Sea Hawk....because those are the ones I wanted....

I'll take him, but he certainly doesn't measure up to me....he is the embodiment and stereotype why Filmation figures get a bad rap.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not a fan of Nepthu. The crystal Zoar is pretty cool though.

It is a shame to think that we're unlikely to see Huntara included in MOTUC, yet Nepthu will have been released. But, if Toyguru is true to his word, then we're due a LOT of vintage and A-List PoP in 2014 and 2015, so that is definitely something to look forward to.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Weaver 78 View Post
    As you said, I wasn't involved in the bashing, and that's because I don't mind Nepthu being in the line. If he makes someone happy, then that is a fantastic thing, and something I wouldn't begrudge.

I was merely commenting that I disagreed with the statement that Dree Elle and Montork are 'bottom of the barrel' characters. Not sure what's so ironic about it, as I wasn't commenting on Nepthu.
    And I was saying is I'd rather have Nepthu than those others I listed plus others (NA Scientists, Twiggets, and I'm sure others). And I'd say Nepthu's design puts him near the bottom, but to me the others fall below even him. Also I feel Montork, Dree Elle, and Yuckers are some of the laziest designs in Filmation, basically you get Orko with a beard, as a girl, and with a baseball cap.

Yeah, I'm gonna join the chorus of people who think this figure looks pretty boring. For a meh figure to start with, it's certainly a very average final result.
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    NA Skeletor

WOW....ten pages of mostly venom towards this character. I dont hate him at all, but I will say some improvement is needed. They should definitely change the paint master to look more like an evil pharaoh in the face. I dont think it is the sculpt when I look closely...it is the way it is painted. The next step is to put some hieroglyphs around his armor. These two small things would go a long way to improving him. A lot of folks will still hate on him, but detailing him would go a long way to the positive.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Makes one wonder if Scott and others involved with MOTUC look at threads like this and figure "Uh guys? I think we screwed up with this choice!"
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Grayskull's Librarian Shadow Weaver 78's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    And I was saying is I'd rather have Nepthu than those others I listed plus others (NA Scientists, Twiggets, and I'm sure others). And I'd say Nepthu's design puts him near the bottom, but to me the others fall below even him. Also I feel Montork, Dree Elle, and Yuckers are some of the laziest designs in Filmation, basically you get Orko with a beard, as a girl, and with a baseball cap.
    To each, their own. One man's trash is another man's treasure. That's what is so great about this line. Every figure is wanted by someone, so essentially, nothing is truly crap.
    Go big or go home

I think this is one of those figures that will grow on people more once he's in their collection. Now I want that Horde Mummy to put by him as minions!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    This is the first filmation figure I didn't love. Hopefully they knock Plundor out of the park!
    I have to say I agree with you... Unless it is the lighting the Horsemen's lack of detail on this figure is perplexing to say the least. Even though I want Filmation figures badly - I have always feared they would execute them too flat and too 'animated.' They should be 'classicized' to blend into the line just like all the other 'eras' have been. Fang Man, Octavia and Icer got this detail treatment. Shokoti turned out a little too flat for my tastes (but I still like her). Just a little more detail on this figure would have hit it out of the park - let's hope better pictures yield a better look.

Not interested in this guy. I'm hoping he's in the Filmation sub and not the main one so I don't have to buy him. I really feel like he had potential, though...
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

1010838_10151727647229844_566746798_n.jpg

confirmed on matty facebook.

First figure that I absolutely loathe and feel is a waste of plastic. This is just my opinion and not an insult to anyone that likes him. If you like him then I'm glad you are getting him
    View my collection and customs HERE!

He looks better in the package - there are some discernible details on his bicep bands and nice paint apps on the boots, but the face is still horribly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Because there are many many characters that a larger majority want more??
    i'm glad that mattel doesn't take a "majority rules" attitude, otherwise there would be many fans who might never see some of their favorites. i think they've struck a good balance of providing many high demand characters and lesser demanded cult faves, to satisfy multiple fan groups.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Big old bucket of meh
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread