Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nepthu Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    i'm glad that mattel doesn't take a "majority rules" attitude, otherwise there would be many fans who might never see some of their favorites. i think they've struck a good balance of providing many high demand characters and lesser demanded cult faves, to satisfy multiple fan groups.
    This calls for a group hug
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    i'm glad that mattel doesn't take a "majority rules" attitude, otherwise there would be many fans who might never see some of their favorites. i think they've struck a good balance of providing many high demand characters and lesser demanded cult faves, to satisfy multiple fan groups.
    Yep. I love that the line has some weird choices in it at times. It keeps it fun.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    WOW....ten pages of mostly venom towards this character. I dont hate him at all, but I will say some improvement is needed. They should definitely change the paint master to look more like an evil pharaoh in the face. I dont think it is the sculpt when I look closely...it is the way it is painted. The next step is to put some hieroglyphs around his armor. These two small things would go a long way to improving him. A lot of folks will still hate on him, but detailing him would go a long way to the positive.
    This is the final figure....what you see is what you get....packaged pics are already up.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I would like to mention that I would like Plundor. I hope he looks something like this fan drawing (but on the furry buck, with Keldor boots):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...UC_Plundor.jpg

With a head like this:

http://nerdcityonline.com/wp-content...3/plundor3.jpg

I REALLY hope the head isn't cartoony, like Clawful or Fang-Man.

Just think of all the cool Easter cards we can send to our friends!
    i would prefer zodak/he-ro boots on plundor- those would most closely resemble his on screen boots.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post

I'd take Nepthu over Meteorbs any day.
    Hush your mouth! I love the Meteorbs! Heck, more than the Comet Warriors.

I look at Nepthu and I see something with potential in him: He's a customizer's dream.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

i see what you did there
    Last edited by slackrguy; July 18, 2013 at 01:29am.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    For a figure no one asked for (seriously, not a single person requested him before Brian hinted at him and then he was trademarked), he's not bad...and his bird looks sweet. It does suck it may mean not getting Huntara or Mask (for example).
    Not exactly accurate. I mentioned some time ago that I would like a Nepthu character. I am not mainly a Filmation fan but I do like all things Egyptian, and that INCLUDES MYP/200X Sorceress.

In regards to being upset about possibly missing out on somebody because tooling was wasted on something else, I would look at characters like Tytus & Megator as well as Gygor & Shadow Beast, and I do like the Shadow Beast. That said, the tooling for those figures easily surpasses the tooling dollars spent to make Nepthu.

To be honest, I think more people would have liked Egyptian, 200X King Hiss, who could have been made with a lot of existing parts.
    I can NOT argue here. MYP/200X King Hiss would be an awesome figure to own!
    Last edited by MasterCollector; July 18, 2013 at 03:11am.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    And that sound you hear is one thousand screaming fanboys in pain.
    I don't know--I think he looks fine (will have to customize some chest armor for him though). But, I'm happy with this guy--kinda surprised he got included before Masque though. I have a feeling now another Filmation figure to be revealed on Friday is going to be Hordak (with a Filmation Skeletor figure head thrown in). No, I'm not Bcrduke--so I don't have sources but, I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night
    Last edited by He-Kal; July 18, 2013 at 01:37am.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    presumably his low cost tooling helps pay for some of the more complecated figures ahead such as Extendar, Gwildor and Sagitar.
    This makes the most sense to me regarding Nepthu. The small investment in parts will allow them to invest more tooling into other more demanded figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    ONLY thing I think looks somewhat cool is the crystal bird (unfortunately, the bird doesn't seem to be articulated, so it's another fail for me).
    But if the bird had any articulation, it would be inaccurate to Filmation and would be a blasphemy to the sacred Filmation bible!

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    I think that they should have put more details in the Filmation sub characters. They all look a little bland. Some extra detaling in his head piece or even some Egyptian eyeliner would have made him pop more. I feel the same way with Shokoti, with some added details in her gloves/outfit and some fangs she would have been better as well.
    Yeah, unlike some of the MYP characters I'd like to see, Filmation designs in general are very simplistic. I do agree that adding some eyeliner would make this character look much better.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    from the looks of things it looks like Shokoti will be the only female in the sub. This is such a shame because there are so many great female characters that could have been included. Granita, Kittrina, Huntara, Hunga, Delora, Illena, Celice, Sibyline, Queen Balina, Snow Flake, Zilora, etc
    That would be a shame IF Shakoti ended up being the only Filmation female. I really want an Ileena figure. Her design was very unique and IMO, one of the best looking females Filmation ever designed. That said, I am not interested in getting Celice simply because her exact design was used for Mira in the episode "Ordeal in the Darklands" before she was then reused(albeit with green skin) for the character of Nami in the episode "City Beneath the Sea."

I'd also add the Enchantress to the list. She was also a very unique Filmation design.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; July 18, 2013 at 03:52am.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I just realized - does Nepthu win the contest for the least clothed figure in the line?

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    I just realized - does Nepthu win the contest for the least clothed figure in the line?
    That honor goes to Cringer / Zoar

Seriously, Nepthu is an awesome figure! I love the obscurity factor, and the amazing use of existing parts. Definitely gonna get me a couple of these!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    I look at Nepthu and I see something with potential in him: He's a customizer's dream.
    Yeah, about the only good thing of having to buy three of this dud is that, once you take away the all-too-Egyptian ankh and pschent, the figure looks generic enough that he could be named "Kustum Fodd-Or". And it sports several elements that will make it a very good base for Filmation Garn (although maybe this means they may be releasing Filmation Garn soon).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    Well, technically Moss Man, Procrustus, Rattlor and Whiplash are all running around wearing only trunks, and Granamyr and the Shadow Beast are totally starkers.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Ok...now...take off the head and add a different armor...this figure has a nice plain figure body that we can probably creat some very nice 'MIX and MATCH" with...may not be a total loss...and the bird and cross accessory are nice!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Has it been confirmed that he was not sculpted by the 4H?
    Awesome sticker included!

Hail to the King Baby DamnSmooth's Avatar
    Matty posted on their website a list of the Preview night reveals. Nepthu is not list or show on that page. Im sure if this was anything more that a joke and at the recent upraise in conversation about him, we would have been listed on the reveals page. I would honestly wait until the fan panel on friday before I call him an official figure. I think we getting to a point were we are to quick to fly into a tissy and not wait for a real answer. just IMO.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght-reveals%2F
    "You weren't born into this life to be popular" -- Jimmy Newquist

Well, technically Moss Man, Procrustus, Rattlor and Whiplash are all running around wearing only trunks, and Granamyr and the Shadow Beast are totally starkers.
    Ah yes, I was being too human-centric!

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    I feel the need to voice my support for Plundor.
    And I feel the need to raise my absolute disdain for Plundor. A large pink bunny! Really?!

My first images of Eternia predate Filmation since they consisted of the original (Frank Frazetta inspired) MOTU box art. I can imagine Frank Frazetta drawing an Egyptian type character like Nepthu in his sword & sorcery world, but not a pink bunny.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    And I feel the need to raise my absolute disdain for Plundor. A large pink bunny! Really?!

My first images of Eternia predate Filmation since they consisted of the original (Frank Frazetta inspired) MOTU box art. I can imagine Frank Frazetta drawing an Egyptian type character like Nepthu in his sword & sorcery world, but not a pink bunny.
    My first images of Eternia predate Filmation too, but you know what? That version of MOTU was phased out very early on for the most part. And I want Plundor.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnSmooth View Post
    Matty posted on their website a list of the Preview night reveals. Nepthu is not list or show on that page. Im sure if this was anything more that a joke and at the recent upraise in conversation about him, we would have been listed on the reveals page. I would honestly wait until the fan panel on friday before I call him an official figure. I think we getting to a point were we are to quick to fly into a tissy and not wait for a real answer. just IMO.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght-reveals%2F
    He has been confirmed on their website in the Ask Matty section and pictures have been pouring in from dozens of fans on Facebook for hours. He is in their display case.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I'd rather have this figure.
    wp9cee7b4f.jpg
    It's more accurate and looks evil.

The MOTUC Nepthu's face is TERRIBLE. He looks like a helpful insurance agent, not a megalomaniac, dark stygian sorcerer. The bottom of his feet are not bare like they should be either.

Putting aside the questionable character choice after the matty panel vote was announced, this thing on it's own, in my opinion, is a terrible figure, and not accurate to source material. It will rot on eBay land at perpetually under $25. (most likely less)

Best use of this thing (if armbands are removable) is custom fodder.

epic fail on NepPhew! should has can give da hardcore fans wutz we really want. guy in yellow suit with ropez! or eternian villager with pitchfork accessory! my life iz over! the line is dead! NEPHEW KILLED THE LIEN!

... figured id start my post with a helping add to the mountain of the fanboy rage that will fall onto this thread over a piece of plastic. he's actually quite cool. i like him.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Moss Man. Other than his underwear, bracers and optional bandoleer, he's naked... Grizzlor is naked except for his boots, harness, armband and bracers.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

My first images of Eternia predate Filmation too, but you know what? That version of MOTU was phased out very early on for the most part. And I want Plundor.
    So you're speaking for all fans here? Vintage MOTU artwork was NEVER "phased out" even after Filmation arrived. Do you not see that it is the inspiration for Classics packaging today?

Filmation MOTU never became the be all end all for myself or my friends. We all preferred the darker Frank Frazetta styled world of sword & sorcery we saw in the movie Fire and Ice and on MOTU box art like that of the vintage Castle Grayskull.

Looney Tunes looking characters like Plundor didn't work for my friends or I back then, and I have no doubt if a pink bunny were used in any future MOTU based movie, it would be laughed out of the theater and the end of any future MOTU media.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; July 18, 2013 at 03:35am.

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    Oo-Lar Is he coming soon? Hopefully
    Go Home And Be A Family He-Man!