Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Official Nepthu Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Alfa View Post
    Don't you all think the 4H have a problema with shadowed eyes? First Octavia, now Nepthu...
    Might be a production issue or a Mattel preference, too.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

The figure is fine as is, I am not crazy about the Siouxie and the Banshees mock-up eyes.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    You may see an evolution with Plundor but I see it as a dumbing down of the source material. Although Filmation had some great Eternian backgrounds and some well designed characters, they also had some Looney Tunes quality things like He-Man standing on a Wind Raider and pushing a planet, and oh yeah, Plundor.
    ok? isn't there room for both interpretations? what is the purpose of showing disdain for a character, in response to someone showing their support? it comes across as pure Schadenfreude to me.

This term fan-demanded is highly overrated. Just because it's perceived to be here at the org doesn't make it so. There are many others who don't demand Plundor because a pink bunny rabbit does not embody evil.
    this goes both ways. in terms of fan demand, or lack thereof, all we can do is speculate how wanted plundor would be outside of the org, until he's released as a figure.

Plundor is a pink bunny character. Calling him that is calling it like it is. Nothing will ever be scary or evil about a pink bunny.
    yes, plundor is a pink bunny. there are entire tropes that revolve around characters that do evil, and yet have an innocuous appearance. evil is ultimately about intent and action, not appearances.

That goes for nepthu, as well. yeah, the figure doesn't look particularly evil. ask your neighborhood sociopath about that, provided you can spot them.
    Last edited by Bri-Man; July 18, 2013 at 09:43pm.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Alfa View Post

Don't you all think the 4H have a problema with shadowed eyes? First Octavia, now Nepthu...
    Not a big deal!--just get a sharpie and go all prep team on him

Chewer of Trollans
    While I'm not into the Filmation design on anything, I like his bio. I haven't thought that in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    Meh..damn boring, if legit..how could there be a vote on Huntara and yet we get this 'thing'??
    total agreed. Hate being on this side of the fence since I'm never on this side of the fence, but I feel he clearly is lesser demanded than either of those two and we may have limited spots for filmation, so....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    He looks like Robert Z'Dar.

I am so disappointed in this!
    That's exactly who I thought of. Hopefully when I paint his eyebrows, he'll be cool. Heck, I make it cool in my head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    There have been worse figures than Nepthu in MOTUC.
    I couldnt disagree more. If only because he is the most booring. I mean I totally have no love for Zodac, and Stratos is tops as a character but always boored me as a figure. But at least they were someone.

But then it's all down to taste. I can work with Nepthu, I just wish I didnt have to. Oh well, time to make him more interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Good start, now I gotta find that bio, cause that would lift him to ok. See, sometimes you gotta work to like the things you love.

- - - Updated - - -

There you go. Now he rules. I'm so easy. Still at least 10 Filmation characters I'd rather have, but bio + paint job = stand behind Marzo on my Shelf Proudly. Actually, ACTUALLY! I finally have someone to ride the Griffin. Score. Ok now I totally love him.
    Last edited by baronterror; July 19, 2013 at 12:05am.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Some of the anger in this thread is a little overboard.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    He's not exactly an enthralling figure, but I'll be glad to have him. The crystal Zoar/Sorceress is pretty nifty. While there are plenty of other characters-even just Filmation-that I'd rather get sooner (Plundor, Razz, Broom, Sea Hawk, DylaMug, etc.), I won't complain.

Honestly, I don't really recall his episode or what he did.
    Go watch the episode, it's one of my favorites! It is always fun watching He-Man battle someone who isn't Skeletor or one of his minions...

About this figure: I really, really like him. He is obscure, yes, but in a good way! I am stoked for Nepthu, and I cannot wait to see what's next in the Filmation line!!!!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Mattel's reveal policy works for me. I'm at the point now where I simply don't care about Nepthu any more and will just live with him. The awesome reveal of Sea Hawk is my main reason for this!
    Awesome sticker included!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    The Seahawk sword teaser (no DOS) figure was confirmed as the October Club Filmation figure a while back. and sorry to disapoint you but it's also been said that there is another Filmation figure in the main 2013 sub. No way Two-Bad is coming in 2013. Maybe 2014 though...
    Well, although I'll be somewhat disappointed IF Two-Bad isn't this year, I'll be even more disappointed if my Club Eternia for this year consist of 3 Filmation characters and ZERO MYP/200X characters. After all, they didn't offer an MYP Subscription so we should have seen at least one MYP figure this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    ok? isn't there room for both interpretations? what is the purpose of showing disdain for a character, in response to someone showing their support? it comes across as pure Schadenfreude to me.
    It has been said before here at the org(I believe it was on RGD) that sometimes it is hard to interpret someone's response through a keyboard. That is why we sometimes add emoticons to help the person we're responding to, to better understand the tone in which we are using. If you had taken a careful look at my response to org member "Stinkor" about my disdain for Plundor before championing his position, you would have notice that my little rant ends with an "lol" emoticon.

Simply put, it was a lighthearted vote against his vote for Plundor. I'm not sure why you got bent out of shape over something that wasn't addressed to you and took it upon yourself to defend someone who wasn't being attacked. Again, the "lol" emoticon was to help convey that I was jokingly going against his vote. Get it?
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I'd take Plundor over Nepthu. I'm not a fan of the bunny but I'd find him more visually interesting than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    Castaspella for example is woefully out of date in terms of what we expect about her character - I think it is direct from the styleguide - and as others have said Shokoti could also have done with a bit more razzmatazz.
    Yes, her bio never mentions that she is the ruler of Mystacor... Compare Shadow Weavers bio with hers, its full of details. I expected more from Casta's bio...
    Last edited by astralworkout; July 19, 2013 at 05:41am.

It has been said before here at the org(I believe it was on RGD) that sometimes it is hard to interpret someone's response through a keyboard. That is why we sometimes add emoticons to help the person we're responding to, to better understand the tone in which we are using. If you had taken a careful look at my response to org member "Stinkor" about my disdain for Plundor before championing his position, you would have notice that my little rant ends with an "lol" emoticon.

Simply put, it was a lighthearted vote against his vote for Plundor. I'm not sure why you got bent out of shape over something that wasn't addressed to you and took it upon yourself to defend someone who wasn't being attacked. Again, the "lol" emoticon was to help convey that I was jokingly going against his vote. Get it?
    first, i'm not bent out of shape...at all. a message board is not going to produce that from me. but i felt what you said was worth addressing, and seeing how this is an open forum...

i didn't miss the emoticon. an lol emoticon can easily be used or interpreted as dismissive or mocking, rather than lighthearted, depending on the context. so, i apologize if i misread you, but considering the explanation that you gave, and the word choice you used, surely you can see how it could have been interpreted as the former, rather than the latter.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm warming to him a bit more, but man his face....so nearly there!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i feel he needs more eye liner
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I was looking at the photos the org has of his SDCC appearance. I'm rather happy and excited for this figure. He would have looked a little better with that black over his eyes, like in the cartoon.

If I later prefer, I will just change his fate and have him join He-Man and crew in my canon. Sometimes, bad people turn good....!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

KLATU BARATA NEPTHU!

Sorry. Had to be done.

I like him
    He's not my first choice either but no one wants a Celice

If you don't like obscure characters you probably shouldn't sign up for Filmation subscription!
    Saturday Morning ToyZ at Facebook, Flickr and Blogspot!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaird View Post
    If you don't like obscure characters you probably shouldn't sign up for Filmation subscription!
    I guess that's one heck of a good point!

I think NEPTHU is fine for what he is. Some people say he's too plain...too basic, but what else where the HORSEMEN supposed to do? Paint tattoos on him that he didn't have? Give him an armored torso? Granted, the eyes really should have that heavy darkness to them, but that's not a deal breaker for me.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

He's growing on me the more I look at him. I will definitely paint the eyes on mine though. That is one of the Filmation character's defining characteristics.

Also, the collar should have exposed more neck and covered more of his chest. Overall though, I think I will end up liking him.

Great figure, but he looks to Heroic!!! Hopefully Mattel wil change his face a bid to look more Evil!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Quote Originally Posted by Pottie View Post
    Great figure, but he looks to Heroic!!! Hopefully Mattel wil change his face a bid to look more Evil!!!
    Unfortunately, that is the final design. He is already done and packaged. But changing the eyebrows is a snap. Just use Acetone to rub off the eyebrows, then paint the dark eyebrows into a more sinister arc. You could even probably draw it on with a Sharpie.

Widget
    Does anyone know where the stand in the picture comes from? It looks like a great accessory for Nephthu but I don't recognize the stand for his falcon.

NYCC-2013-Mattel-Panel-042.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by fongtrooper View Post
    Does anyone know where the stand in the picture comes from? It looks like a great accessory for Nephthu but I don't recognize the stand for his falcon.

NYCC-2013-Mattel-Panel-042.jpg
    Probably something the 4H sculpted, but was not able to be included. Usually when they show something like this, it means it will be in a weapons pack down the road. However, TG said no weapons pack planned for 2014. Maybe it comes out later, we will see...
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Court Magician
    Hey everyone wanted to share some photos of Nepthu. The full gallery can be seen here: http://cooltoyreview.com/Mattel-MOUTC-Nephtu.asp

I'm a sucker for Filmation, so I'm happy anytime we get a figure based on the series. I especially enjoy the one-off enemies because they're a nice break from Skeletor and usually pretty unique and unusual.

Mattel-MOUTC-Nephtu-15.jpg

Mattel-MOUTC-Nephtu-20.jpg