Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Official Nepthu Discussion Thread

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to getting Nepthu. Too bad Nepthu wasn't in my Club Eternia instead of the spoiler figure.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; October 14, 2013 at 09:19pm.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Happy for those that like him, but I think Nepthu was a terrible choice for MOTUC. He looks more like a DC Comics fringe character than a MOTU.

One of the most underwhelming figures of this entire line.

And he looks too happy to be a bad guy.

Snappy Threader
    I agree the figure selection of Nepthu is somewhat odd, but he is a cool looking figure.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Happy for those that like him, but I think Nepthu was a terrible choice for MOTUC. He looks more like a DC Comics fringe character than a MOTU.

Nepthu was a one of villain like others I have added in a poll recently.

Out of say Jarvan, Gamesmaster, Anghast, Toy Maker, Rago, & Danavas would you have preferred one of these guys over Nepthu?

They maybe obscure but still they had no control from Skeletor & still a few may look good along side Plundor.

I just wish 4H did a better job on translating him. He looks nothing like his Filmation counterpart. I love the character and I also love his new bio, so I will have to overlook the horrible design choices they made.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    They can't all be the best figure... a figure like this guy makes the others look better and I appreciate that. LOL ...then again; I love B-movies and the underdog.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I'm happy for nepthu....I'm happy with most figures this line produces...sir laser lot was my least fav but I got an unhelmeted head from Kevin Kosse so it made him 100 times better!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post

This does apply to other Filmation character designs though. Icer and especially Batros looks like they could be those fake monster type villains from Scooby Doo and Plundor looks A LOT like Bugs Bunny.

I can see your point of Nepthu looking like a fringe DC character but for me, a mummy themed DC looking character fits into my Sword & Sorcery display a lot better than a lavender Looney Tunes bunny.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I'm going to give Nepthu some gold weapons from the new WP. I also scored an extra green perch for his falcon in a trade awhile back. I'm looking forward to him, even in such a month jam-packed with awesomeness.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Strangely enough I'm looking forward to Nepthu this month, I've been so pumped for Mantenna, Dactus and the Troopers, I forgot we're getting him too.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Just got Nepthu... pretty "meh" figure... almost as bad as Karatti...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

He is listed as "Almost Gone", but still has roughly 2,312 figures left in stock.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

I don't think the selection of Nepthu was all that odd actually. He is a memorable character from the series. Most Filmation fans remember and liked him actually. Along with others like Plundor, Deimos and Tyrella, Celice, Ileena, Lord Tyran and Lady Valtira, Queen Elmora, etc...

It's really the design choices that kind of threw cold water on this figure. Nepthu's Filmation Model design, much like Frosta's, didn't make it in the translation from artwork to Classics figure.

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...I got him yesterday, and I think he's awesome! Gave him the curvy "kriss"-style dagger from the 200X Castle Grayskull, makes a great sacrificial knife! He looks like a charming cult-leader type...
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

I really love him! Great are the little details they gave him without destroying the original design. Only not so good thing are his wrong painted eyes and the missing bird stand we saw at the cons.

Nepthu with stand.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    He is listed as "Almost Gone", but still has roughly 2,312 figures left in stock.
    Nepthu is now marked as sold out.

On a side note, can you please update me on how many Weapons Paks are left?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Anyone else's crystal Zoar very yellowish? Mine looks like it's old and sun damaged instead of brand new toy.

If you want a trick to try and get rid of the yellowing, put it in a clear glass bowl or mug and submerse it in hydrogen peroxide. Shake or stir it every so often and keep your eyes on it. After a day or so, it should be crystal clear without hurting the plastic. This works really well with sunburnt or 'yellowed' toy plastics like model kits or figures.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Quote Originally Posted by revelat10n View Post
    Anyone else's crystal Zoar very yellowish? Mine looks like it's old and sun damaged instead of brand new toy.
    All are like this I saw on pics. Mine to. Have no problem with

Here's what I did with Nepthu...

It's still WIP, need to sculpt some hair.
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Got him.
    VERY bland.

Things that bother me the most are his shoulder- and chest armor that got reduced to a collar, the textureless hat and the missing paint aps in his face, especially the eyes, to make him look more sinister. Heīs actually not too bad of a figure for a good-guys custom, with added armor and a few weapons. As is, heīs really boring. Sorry for all that do like him, not my cup of tea. And I am hiding him right behind Strobo, Shokoti and Gygor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I don't think the selection of Nepthu was all that odd actually. He is a memorable character from the series. Most Filmation fans remember and liked him actually. Along with others like Plundor, Deimos and Tyrella, Celice, Ileena, Lord Tyran and Lady Valtira, Queen Elmora, etc...
    Funny enough, Iīd gladly take ALL those figures except Plundor. I actually would prefer them over some of the vintage characters left.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Man he's so bland and boring looking. He looks like he belonged to another line and not MOTUC. Remember when the first figures showed up on ebay before SDCC and people said "this must be a bad custom and no way did the 4H create this figure"? I still feel about him that way. He is not one bit better in person. He is even worse than Spector... The 4H failed miserable on this one. They got the armor all wrong and the eyes of course. It seems he even lost details in comparison with his cartoon incarnation. I could go on with this rant forever.

Bottom line: I don't like him.
    Awesome sticker included!