Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nepthu Discussion Thread

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

350 views per hour now!

Looking at his other auctions... Batros' only accessory is a repainted Spikor club? Man, they are really cheaping out on this Filmation line.
    On plus side, Mantenna looks absolutely incredible. I guess they have to cheap out on some figs to make others awesome.
    Shame we can't have our cake and eat it when it comes to tooling.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I think "human" characters are pretty boring, anyway. But I honestly don't mind having him.

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Tallstar, you summed it up better than anybody else could ever hope to.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    For a figure no one asked for (seriously, not a single person requested him before Brian hinted at him and then he was trademarked), he's not bad...and his bird looks sweet. It does suck it may mean not getting Huntara or Mask (for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Plain, but not terrible. Only thing I could ask from him is a more...malevolent face. Guy looks downright amiable. The way he's holding that ankh I would be expecting it to be made of chocolate and he was sharing a piece with me. LOVE the bird, though! I'll wait to see what his story is, but if it's boring I'll repurpose him and use that bird elsewhere 'cause it's awesome!
    Agreed on the face. He has "happy eyes". They should be narrower, with a lower brow to look kind of squinty, like Filmation. For his hat, it would be nice to see the green wider around the orange, oval hat part...and the white, draping part to...you know...drape!

To be honest, I think more people would have liked Egyptian, 200X King Hiss, who could have been made with a lot of existing parts.

Last edited by Darkspecter; July 17, 2013 at 03:01pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Here are the pictures:

*Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    seriously.gif

This sucks big time.
    We get this piece of crap and have to choose between Huntara and Masque? What the frak went wrong with Toyguru??

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Meh, I'm about as excited for this as I was for Carnivus, Faceless One, and a few others. I don't hate it, but really don't understand why Scott thought this was a character anyone wanted.

If that's for real I want sell/trade mine... bleh

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    anyone else notice that the Mantenna mouth is removable????
    I believe Scott mentioned previously the mouth is removable to allow us to swap the eyes better. I think he said it on a walk through with Pixel Dan.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

The pics of the other figures are great. I find it hard to believe people would pay $80 for any of these though. Especially Nepthu!

Heroic Warrior
    He looks alright o me. I don't mind getting him. I think he is in the main sub as well. Scott said the Filmation sub would include one off-the-wall character and I think that character is Plundor.

I changed the title for spoilers.

Thanks for posting pics. Don't know how on iPhone.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

I hate wasting my money and things like this just make my mind up that a sub is just not for me. When I get this in my sub it's going straight on ebay (if I can sell it). There's just no place for that in my collection.

Well I'm definitely "whelmed" by him.......waste of my hard earned money

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    He looks alright o me. I don't mind getting him. I think he is in the main sub as well. Scott said the Filmation sub would include one off-the-wall character and I think that character is Plundor.
    If Mantenna was delayed so that he could ship with Nepthu, that will help ease the pain when the parcel arrives in the mail. Honestly I like adding new characters into my collection and I love the look of that crystal Zoar. Oddly my wife really wants a Plundor figure in my collection so if he is revealed it would be a good thing for me.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

Thank you Mattel for another useless figure.

Raise your hands if you did not see this coming....

Yeah, I didn't think so.

The ankh looks worse that what I had hoped it to look....I was hoping if they did make him, he'd be a bit more....spectacular.... with all the Egyptian elements they could have utilized. There are so many Filmation characters I want more....Negator for one, Masque....

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    if you check his other listing he has images of the final versions of Castaspella, Mantenna, Shapoopie, an Batros paint passes.

...they all look VERY nice! Also... anyone else notice that the Mantenna mouth is removable????

hehe... makes me wonder if a filmation mouth pack in is comin... lol
    Scott showed the mouth being removable before, so you can change the eyes easier....supposedly.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I feel angry, frustrated and helpless What a piece of junk. We knew he would be coming but at least there was this tiny bit of hope that the 4H would somehow turn him into an awesome figure, but this is just such a boring and plain design. Especially the face sculpt is horrible and worse than the cartoon design. It doesn't capture the character.
    It's one of the worst figures ever. All of this wouldn't be all that bad if the line was doing better and more slots were available. But the fact we have to choose between Masque and Huntara but definitely are getting this piece of junk is just unacceptable!
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior
    Is this official?

Going over old ground here... but the reason we have this guy is because the Filmation sub was devised before we had the roadmap change and the alterations so that 2014 and 2015 were "heavy hitters only"

The Filmation sub is therefore designed to have some heavy hitters and some less wanted figures... just as the main sub years 2011, 2012 and 2013 were.

Could he have been shunted out of the sub in favour of somebody else? Well Scott says not because it would have taken too long, they already had moved on to making 2014 figures and presumably his low cost tooling helps pay for some of the more complecated figures ahead such as Extendar, Gwildor and Sagitar.

I never wanted him myself, but maybe he will grow on me. Like mould.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

I can see what could be used for Filmation Hordak as new Biceps....

And the face doesn't look nearly evil enough....looks like a bad guy who is misunderstood....never mind the fact He-Man basically offed him because of being evil....
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Especially the face sculpt is horrible and worse than the cartoon design. It doesn't capture the character.
    It's one of the worst figures ever.
    He looks like Robert Z'Dar. Really horrible face. I think there is one person at 4H who is sculpting these terrible faces...Frosta, NA He-Man, Marzo, Clamp Champ, etc. Whichever 4H member is doing these faces needs to just make body parts because the faces he sculpts are horrible, just awful. I don't usually rage at the sculpts, but this was one of my anticipated figures and it came out really awful.

I am so disappointed in this!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I was expecting Nepthu and the Crystal bird. Still, it looks even more boring than what I had imagined.... Can we have real fan favourites now?
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I have a feeling Nepthu was shuffled into the main Club Eternia sub.
    It would make sense, given that Scott has alluded that the Filmation sub sales were okay, ie. underperformed. Given the widespread disdain for this character, if he were to be in the Filmation sub and remain on sale for days instead of hours, it wouldn't bode well for any possible Filmation sub.