Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Bubble Power She-Ra Video Review by Pixel Dan

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Darkspecter = in love with Bubble Power She-Ra!!!! She's SO spectacular! They did such a great job on her and they listened to all the feedback given on She-Ra 1.0 and applied it! I'm so excited this She-Ra incorporates all the colour suggestions I made after 1.0 came out. I'm over the moon happy with this figure!

There are some very tiny things I could suggest that might make her even better (the sticker details on the Bubble Power armour could have been sculpted like the mini-comic cover, tiara sticker could be translucent pattern gem like her sword instead of a sticker or Adora's bangs would have been nice), but even still...those are such tiny things that might have been cool (or might be too much detail, hard to say). She's just so damn awesome as-is and I love just how much the Four Horsemen and Mattel Design and Mattel in general listened to the fans! A+ all around for everyone involved.

I just have to figure out how many Bubble Power She-Ra figures to buy now! Three, four...more?

Great review Dan! That was really awesome to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    I'd be curious to see who will be the first to remove She-ra's dress so that we get a look at how the new buck works.
    I vote Tallstar!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Check for the xmas list.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Stop being a bad ass. It's not working. Okay it's working, but you gotts get this figure.
    I honestly can't see myself keeping Swift Wind, so there's no real need for another She-Ra.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Thanks guys! Glad you are enjoying the video. I REALLY love this figure!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Does this new She-Ra figure have the same new style gauntlet articulation that BG Evil-Lyn has?
    Nope. She does not have swivels on the guantlets like Evil-Lyn. I even ran downstairs and made double sure before I finished editing.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    He knows he wants to. Even just to make a proper She-Ra 2.0, like me.
    That MIGHT push me to pull the trigger, but I won't know until the day of the sale..
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Thank you!!

Fun review!! I'm so glad you posted this today

I noticed that they didn't paint the feet two-toned - just the shin of the boot

It's not the reviewers' job to quality control check the figures

Huh...I guess I didn't even notice the foot part itself was also supposed to be two-toned. Was it shown that way before?

There was so much going on with this figure! I did my best to cover it all!

Heroic Warrior
    Very good preview !

The only shadows I can see over Bubble Power She-ra are the head's limited articulation, the warped sword (why can't Mattel put the weapon in a small plastic bag at the bottom of the blister, just like they did in the 80's ?) AND... it seems to me she has some problems to stand !

Can you please clarify this point about the ankles and standing position, Dan ?

Other than that, she's great.

We'll now wait for the preview of Swiftwind...

I guess I may buy BP She-Ra... here's hoping my wallet will be able to survive November.

The head not being able to look up is the only thing that bothers me. But I wonder... would people be okay with her hair flying backwards a bit to allow for more movement?

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Love it! Thanks PD! Soooo glad to see the review! I couldn't help but notice that the Bubble Power She-ra head would work as a Good Custom "Mermista" head
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I vote Tallstar!
    You got it.

Excellent review! Beautiful figure. I can't wait to have her in my collection. Now I'm hoping we'll get her mask in all gold in a future weapons pak.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    The only shadows I can see over Bubble Power She-ra are the head's limited articulation, the warped sword (why can't Mattel put the weapon in a small plastic bag at the bottom of the blister, just like they did in the 80's ?) AND... it seems to me she has some problems to stand !
    I agree about the sword. It aggravated me to no end that Catra's sword was so embedded in the plastic they STILL used rubber bands to keep it in. As a result, the sides of her sword look bit into.

It's not necessary to use rubber bands if the sword is stuck into the plastic THAT tightly. Outside of display concerns for MOCers, I think the plastic bag idea is great and it should be considered.

Other than that, I think BP She-Ra is AWESOME, and I can't wait to have her in hand! I'm not going to be swapping parts, however, and my Filmation-style She-Ra will remain as she is. BP She-Ra will just have to be Swift Wind's rider.
    Leeloominaï Lekatariba Lamina-Tchaï Ekbat De Sebat

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Huh...I guess I didn't even notice the foot part itself was also supposed to be two-toned. Was it shown that way before?

There was so much going on with this figure! I did my best to cover it all!

Oh my gosh!! My comment was NOT at ALL a knock at you!!!

It's a great review! It's definitely an easy miss though - it's a smalllll detail... but an important one if they went to the trouble of tooling new feet.

The feet have the tooling that continues the pattern. The sample at SDCC had the two-toned feet too

A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I noticed that they didn't paint the feet two-toned - just the shin of the boot
    It seems painted in Lady Angora's pictures. So hopefully it's a one-off flub.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    It seems painted in Lady Angora's pictures. So hopefully it's a one-off flub.
    Good!! That would have potentially been a sad sad miss
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

The feet have the tooling that continues the pattern. The sample at SDCC had the two-toned feet too
    Unfortunately for Dan, it looks like he might have gotten one that slipped through QC, which is a bummer.

I can confirm that mine does have the two-toned feet that match the boots though so hopefully one of those things that happens with the samples from time to time.

Oh my gosh!! My comment was NOT at ALL a knock at you!!!

It's a great review! It's definitely an easy miss though - it's a smalllll detail... but an important one if they went to the trouble of tooling new feet.
    Oh, no worries! I didn't take it as such! I was just curious is all!

I'm going to double check mine when I get home from work. Maybe it is painted and it just wasn't captured properly in the video. But I'll definitely double check it!

Nice looking figure, I like the new boots and gauntlets but I don't need another She-ra so I'll pass on this one. My She-ra has had slits down the side of her skirt for a year, I don't need to pay Matty £20 to do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    Unfortunately for Dan, it looks like he might have gotten one that slipped through QC, which is a bummer.

I can confirm that mine does have the two-toned feet that match the boots though so hopefully one of those things that happens with the samples from time to time.
    Well that is good news though. I'm glad that it is suppose to be painted like that, and mine was just a goof. Hopefully everyone's will have the correctly painted feet! Thanks Veebs!

Still gonna double check mine just to be sure!

Heroic Warrior
    Easy pass for me,still not interested in PoP, but it`s a nice figure...

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Thank You so much dan, Best review ever!

and thankyou for saying 'Vintage Action Figure'.

Your respect for these toys is fantastic, and you respect for fans of the Vintage Toys is a gift!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Thanks guys! Glad you are enjoying the video. I REALLY love this figure!

Nope. She does not have swivels on the guantlets like Evil-Lyn. I even ran downstairs and made double sure before I finished editing.
    Saw your response on twitter earlier. But is'a shame they didn't so that for her also!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Lady Angora's does seem to be painted at the bottom as previously mentioned by JonWes, she posted some more pictures that show the detail. You can tell the difference between the darker gold and the lighter gold all the way to the toes of the boots! So that's good to see, Sorry yours seems to be a mess up PD.

This is one of the pictures Laday Angora posted.
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Alright, just double checked mine, and it is two-tone! So that's good news! It must just not have shown up well in the video.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    wow there were more added to the she-ra 2.0 than i had though.
    i dont want to miss out.