Thread: The next vehicle should be.... A filmation Attack Trak

The next vehicle should be.... A filmation Attack Trak

Come now how many of us always wanted one of the most popular vehicles to show up in this cartoon, and when we finally got it, it was actually the small trak. This is now our chance to get those vehicles that we never got throughout the line (Collector, Basher, Doombuster,etc) and this one is by far one of those Iconic vehicles from that era. It always reminded me a bit of the turtle van from TMNT when that came out, but now that we have a voice to talk about what fans want lets put some backing behind this. Heres a pic for those of you who dont know what it looks like. http://www.he-man.org/encyclopedia/v...=2&objectid=46

i would like to see it, but i don't think it's gonna happen. there are far more better vehicles to get to first.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    i would like to see it, but i don't think it's gonna happen. there are far more better vehicles to get to first.
    This.

Also, I liked the toy Attack Trak and won't object to seeing that instead.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    The Filmation Attack Trak is ok. I like it a lot better vs the vintage toy.

I'd prefer to see the Battle Ram with Sky Sled as the 2nd vehicle,
    that is my most wanted MOTUC vehicle. My guess is that'll be the 3rd and the 2nd will most likely be the Roton because of all the hints.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Heroic Warrior
    As a kid I was always confused why the toy and the show didn't match up. Granted.... I wanted to see the TOY Attack trak in the show... I never wanted the van as a toy.

Widget

Is a Filmation version of AttakTrak wanted?/ How Much would you be willing to pay?

Hi everyone, I grew-up playing with AttakTrak, which was designed by Mattel before He-Man existed as a Cartoon via FIlmation. (The Cartoon changed it so it would be easier to draw and animate.)
    The Red one that held one character, had awesome tread wheels, that let the toy change directions if it hit something, and ran on batteries. I played with it for hours upon hours as a kid.

One thing I would love to see from MOTUC is a filmation (Blue-clear van-like) version of attack-Trak, even if it was a version without batteries. Just because it would match the filmation cartoon. I have 2 of the original 80's version, but I would love a "Filmation version". OF course if the Filmation version also had batteries and was mobile, that would be icing on the cake.

I know Mattel does not want to do any future vehicles at all, given sales of WInd-Raider; but from what I remember as a kid. Wind-Raider was a boring toy; and AttackTrack was Awesome!!! I played with it for hours at a time, ... for months. I would put a figure on it, and chase it accross the room, almost unceasingly. Facinated by how if it hit a wall, or an object, it would just change direction. (An original roomba I guess.) I always wondered what angle it would change to next.

Attack-Trak in Filmation was more van-like and held at least 3 characters. At a minimum Adam and Man-at-arms up front and at least Cringer, if not Cringer and OrKo both in back. I'm guessing that a Filmation version would have clear sides that would open to insert/remove figures. Probably the same tread wheels.

I do not know if having AttackTrak say anything would be possible, as Mattel is avaoiding any electronic components, or even if attack track, would potentially be able to move like the original, because I do not think Mattel wants batteries in anything either. However, I would still want one, even if it had to be moved by hand, simply because I've always wished that a Cartoon accurate version of AttakTrak existed.

I was just wondering how many people on this site would want one also. I guess this is a survey question thread;
    A) Would you want a Filmation Version of AttakTrak?
    B), also If you want one, How much would you be willing to pay?
    C) What features would you want?
    D) Would the cost you want to pay, change via features present?

For myself, I want one Period. (I'd even pay as much, or higher as they wanted for the failed ecto-1 regardless) I just want one.

I would at a minimum: I hope for the following Features:
    a Filmation Accurate shape,
    an ability to hold at least 3 characters (2 characters in front and at least enough space for MOTUC Cringer in back);
    opening clear or top sides,
    maybe a back opening with possible ramp, and
    at least the filmation tread wheels that do actually move, like the wheels from the original toy.

Ideally I'd also like a Filmation AttakTrak to be able to move on its own via batteries,
    or even have a few "Talking Phases" as AttackTrak could speak. I do realize those 2 ideal features would probably be "pie in the sky" features, since Mattel is avoiding all electronics in MOTUC.

What about everyone else here on this site?
    This is meant to be a survey, (Even if unrealistic) Just curious.
    Would you want a Filmation AttakTrak?

Moderators, Please remove duplicate of this thread in motuc 2008 marketplace, I clicked on wrong location, and didn't realize until after I had posted. I believe this belongs here.
    FYI my Original post has AttackTrak in title, but actual toy is AttakTrak no "c" my appollogies for my typo, and incorrect location. Please help. I was not sure how to fix it, so I tried just putting a new thread here. I hope I followed the correct way to correct this.

this would be a HUGE PASS for me.. just not interested..
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSong2 View Post
    I was just wondering how many people on this site would want one also. I guess this is a survey question thread;
    A) Would you want a Filmation Version of AttakTrak?
    B), also If you want one, How much would you be willing to pay?
    C) What features would you want?
    D) Would the cost you want to pay, change via features present?
    Answering your questions:

A) I prefer the toy version ("Small Trak"), either in reddish toy colors or in bluish cartoon colors. I liked the Filmation cartoon a lot, but I was unconvinced about their blockish van-like "Tank Trak" as compared to the toy version. However, I would certainly buy one if they ever released it.

B) It would all depend on how they chose to make it. I suppose they would scale it down to a 1-seater, since otherwise it would end up being a bit humongous (Filmation routinely upscaled vehicles into multi-seaters from their single-seater toy versions; they did it with the Wind Raider and the Roton, so it would make sense to downscale the "van" Trak for its toy version, and a downscaling would also be in order for a toy version of the Collector). In any case, even if downscaled, it would still be quite large, so I wouldn't expect it to be less than around $100-$120 (and I would be willing to pay that).

C) Functional rotating treads (by "functional" I mean that the vehicle should be able to move the way it should), and openable front section and back hatch. I don't need it to have any electronics, but I'd like it to be profusely decoed and detailed like they did with the Wind Raider, instead of plain underdetailed cartoon-like. I'd love it if it resembled gbagok's version:

D) I suppose if they added electronics to make it move by itself and talk like in the cartoon, the price would soar (just like what happened with their Ecto-1 full of unnecessary electronics). But then, just like the Ecto-1 preorder didn't reach the minimum quota by a large margin, an electronics-ful Trak would remain forever a blueprint, because very few would be willing to pay $200+ for it, so the project would be dead as soon as the preorder window closed.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing Mattel should consider about this vehicle is that it has potential for parts reuse, since there are three "Traks" out there:

-"Attak Trak" (toy version in red, with Monogram additions)
    -"Small Trak" (toy version in Filmation blue)
    -"Tank Trak" (Filmation van-like version)

So the rotating treads (and, if cleverly engineered, maybe even the whole underside) should be reusable for all three, and the Attak Trak and Small Trak versions would be repaints sharing almost all parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    As a kid I was always confused why the toy and the show didn't match up. Granted.... I wanted to see the TOY Attack trak in the show... I never wanted the van as a toy.
    The toy version (well, kind of) did appear in the show, specifically in the Evilseed episode.

As you can see, rather than in the red color scheme of the toy, Filmation painted it in the same blue color scheme as their "van" version, and they renamed it "Small Trak".
    Last edited by uaxuctum; August 23, 2013 at 08:09pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I also prefer the toy Attak Trak. The Filmation version reminded me of the Mystery Machine.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I'd love to see the Filmation Attak Trak.

Since Battle Bones was a carry case essentially, the Filmation Attak Trak would be Masters of the Universe's version of the transport carrier. Every line needs one!

Can you imagine how cool it'd look inside with the Four Horsemen sculpting? And all the room for the figures?

nope. Old thread, but obviously Battle Ram.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    So much awesome to choose from!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

I'd rather see Roton first. But realistically, probably there won't be any more.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread