Thread: Starburst She-Ra

Hybrid View

Starburst She-Ra

So, looking beyond next month's Bubble Power She-Ra, and even farther past January's Sorceress...what are your expectations for Starburst She-Ra?

I had always assumed that whatever was worked out for the Sorceress would be used on this figure, but now I'm not so sure.

I think I'd almost rather see something rubbery, like what was done with Leech's net.

I hope they don't use the Sorceress engineering ever again.

It was not executed the way Eric Treadway sculpted it, likely to save money, as they would have needed to tool a new bicep piece.

I hope they use the soft rubbery plastic they used on the DCUC Mantis figure, or just spend the money and use soft material.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Starburst She-Ra > Bubble Power She-Ra.

I was hoping for the next She-Ra to be Starburst She-Ra, but that's ok. I just hope they get to Starburst She-Ra eventually. I always wanted one and never had one. Her cape was waaaay more awesome than the regular one!

Hopefully Starburst She-Ra will be a She-Ra variant for next year! Since they are using nothing but plasticy materials for MOTUC, I hope they figure something nifty out for her awesome cape! Make it something I can mesmerize myself with. Something to stare into to induce (more) hallucinations!
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Additionally, I hope they use Starburst She-Ra as a means of introducing the vintage toy bodice. I want to see it get some sort of recognition in MOTUC.

Classic toy bodice w/draping v-cut skirt and improved head. That would look so fierce in Classics form.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    And with the 'Mix and Match' concept introduced with 1.0 & BP, we all get to build our ultimate Base She Ras!

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Additionally, I hope they use Starburst She-Ra as a means of introducing the vintage toy bodice. I want to see it get some sort of recognition in MOTUC.
    Here here! While Bubble Power She-Ra improves greatly upon the original MOTUC She-Ra toy, there is a lot to be said for the awesome design of the classic toy She-Ra's sculpted bodice and it needs to be brought into MOTUC sooner than later. Plus I've often thought that a Starburst She-Ra could be explained as her "New Adventures" look. So this particular variant could very well serve several purposes in one toy!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Here here! While Bubble Power She-Ra improves greatly upon the original MOTUC She-Ra toy, there is a lot to be said for the awesome design of the classic toy She-Ra's sculpted bodice and it needs to be brought into MOTUC sooner than later. Plus I've often thought that a Starburst She-Ra could be explained as her "New Adventures" look. So this particular variant could very well serve several purposes in one toy!
    Here here! Sound reasoning!!!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Starburst She-Ra (with vintage starburst dress)

Ran a search and did not find anything, so here goes...

I got to thinking... we have She-Ra ala Filmation, and Bubble Power, wearing a similar minidress. Granted, that was done to swap parts and sit her on Swift Wind. However, when it comes to a vintage inspired She-Ra, we haven't gotten the long dress and starburst bustier. A seperate release for such a figure probably won't go over well, HOWEVER, they could still release such an outfit on Starburst She-Ra. They're nearly identical in style.

And with She-Ra going into space and joining the adventures on Primus, we've all wondered if this would be the outfit she would wear, especially with the UK comics having her wear Starburst Armor when she journeys into space. We wouldn't need her in the minidress the comics depict, as we already have a few of those. The other bustier and long dress would provide some variety on the shelf, and a new dynamic for that vintage barbarian feel.

Who's with me? And please remember, this is to see how you'd like her to look, provided she is one day made. Thank you, in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'd love a Starburst She-Ra but I think it's way too early to come to her. We need Mermista, Sweet Bee or Castapella first.

Need Starburst She-Ra to fight along side He-Man when he goes all NA on Flogg's butt!

We already have enough She-Ra in MOTUC at this time. Lets let the Horsemen give us characters we don't have instead of taking a slot away from some other character.

Again, this thread is for how you'd like her to be styled, if and when she is one day made. As a varient, she would not take away a slot from other members of the Great Rebellion.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I think your suggestions is an excellent one, Jon-O--it would help the fans of the vintage POP figures look get one step closer to their ultimate She-Ra (with the longer skirt and starburst bodice), and add a bit more diversity to the shelf! Plus, as you noted, there's already a precedent for her wearing this outfit in space, so it's the perfect NA look for her. Finally, as you also rightly pointed out, she wouldn't take away from one of the regular monthly slots because she would be a variant.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Starburst She-Ra would be a variant slot, NOT a monthly slot. She wouldn't be taking away from any of the characters mentioned above. She would only fall into the ranks of characters like He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak, Teela, Sorceress and perhaps even Catra (who all have variants). I think there's plenty of room for She-Ra variants with this short variant roster.

That being said - I think SB She-Ra should accomplish 2 things:
    1) Provide a new MOTUC variant based on a vintage variant fig
    2) Provide collectors with the opportunity to have a purely vintage toy design brought into MOTUC

SB She-Ra should have the pinwheel star on her bustier, and the "loin cloth" dress styled like the vintage figure. Seeing how the soft plastic loin cloth works on Horde Prime convinces me that they can bring this design to the SB SR variant, and still allow her to site, pose and even sit on Swifty.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Starburst She-Ra will be an amazing figure. Maybe she could even come with a second Filmation-style head, redecorated in Starburts colours.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    We already have enough She-Ra in MOTUC at this time. Lets let the Horsemen give us characters we don't have instead of taking a slot away from some other character.
    We don't have nearly enough She-Ra in MOTUC.

According to MattyCollector.com:

"By the Power of Grayskull™, we’ve got Masters of the Universe® Classics! All your favorite characters from the worlds of He-Man® and She-Ra™ come to life as highly-detailed, fully-articulated action figures. Update your collection by visiting every month when old and new fan favorites alike become available."

That suggests that the She-Ra / Princess of Power element should be more than the occasional "guest" appearance.

Glad so many folks are down with the translucent sword idea! It's my own person thing, but I like to look at the She-Ra variants as possible parallels to He-Man's variants. Battle Armor He-Man is the defensive variant, and Bubble Power She-Ra really felt like a defensive variant as well - I think it's the gladiator-looking armor and the thicker, jeweled sword (that and the pink jewel in the sword makes me think of Jewelstar, which makes me think of supreme defense).

So now I'm thinking of Thunder Punch He-Man as the power variant; as in, less defense in exchange for raw power. Starburst She-Ra is looking similar to me...sorta. The cloak is huge and makes me think that it makes a great defense and offense, but I like my parallels so I'll stick to the script. The Starburst designs in the cloak looks like a similar concussive burst to what the Thunder Punch is supposed to be, so I think it would be cool to give her the same "energy" treatment that TP He-Man sort of gets - but more on the magical side rather than the technological (which He-Man's harness obviously is). So once again, that's sorta my reasoning behind making her sword (I'm assuming the Bubble Power one, since it's the same mold) translucent pink. Since there's room for that crystal in the sword, I think it would be cool to make that a clear, rainbowy color similar to the sticker design on the toy (that way it's not just a featureless pink sword). I would also hope they would make the mask translucent as the archive picture appears to show. The Bubble Power variant has all this solidness to it...I'd like the Starburst variant to have this etherial and powerful energy to it.

...as you can see, I've had a whole childhood without being able to work She-Ra into any stories, so my mind is on overdrive right now. Anyway, the biggest problem I can see with this one is the cloak. It looks awesome on the toy, but I have no idea how they'll do it without real cloth. I would HATE to see it similar to the Sorceress' wings. That would look terrible and hinder the figure. Then of course, finally, I once again state my love for the idea of molding her original toy design into this figure to complete it. Bascially all this together would make this SO much more than a variant.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.