Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starburst She-Ra

Starburst She-Ra

So, looking beyond next month's Bubble Power She-Ra, and even farther past January's Sorceress...what are your expectations for Starburst She-Ra?

I had always assumed that whatever was worked out for the Sorceress would be used on this figure, but now I'm not so sure.

I think I'd almost rather see something rubbery, like what was done with Leech's net.

I hope they don't use the Sorceress engineering ever again.

It was not executed the way Eric Treadway sculpted it, likely to save money, as they would have needed to tool a new bicep piece.

I hope they use the soft rubbery plastic they used on the DCUC Mantis figure, or just spend the money and use soft material.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Starburst She-Ra > Bubble Power She-Ra.

I was hoping for the next She-Ra to be Starburst She-Ra, but that's ok. I just hope they get to Starburst She-Ra eventually. I always wanted one and never had one. Her cape was waaaay more awesome than the regular one!

Hopefully Starburst She-Ra will be a She-Ra variant for next year! Since they are using nothing but plasticy materials for MOTUC, I hope they figure something nifty out for her awesome cape! Make it something I can mesmerize myself with. Something to stare into to induce (more) hallucinations!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Additionally, I hope they use Starburst She-Ra as a means of introducing the vintage toy bodice. I want to see it get some sort of recognition in MOTUC.

Classic toy bodice w/draping v-cut skirt and improved head. That would look so fierce in Classics form.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    And with the 'Mix and Match' concept introduced with 1.0 & BP, we all get to build our ultimate Base She Ras!

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think something similar to the Shadow Weaver cape approach might be the right thing to do here (make the cape fully removable though!).

I hope she has the vintange toy spiral chest design and the "V" shaped skirt, too!

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Definitely! Mattel just has to make her with the Vintage toy look-bodice, skirt, everything, with parts to create the original and Starburst designs.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

During the hoop-la of the first She-Ra release, someone posted correction pics utilizing the v-shaped skirt as a basis to correct the saddle sitting problem. It looked so good, and I was surprised they didn't incorporate it with the BP variant.

However, with this "Starburst" variant, they could bring the re-designed skirt into the design and really make the whole look different.

Also, I imagine that "star swirl" design on her chest would look particularly fantastic as part of the Starburst variant.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    This is how I would like to see Starburst She-Ra:
    • "star swirl" design on her chest with the moonstone gem in the middle (NOT painted but a similar one which is in her sword and shield)
    • v-shaped skirt
    • the ability to turn Starburst She-Ra into the series 1 vintage She-Ra
    • series 1 vintage She-Ra sword and shield included with moonstone gems
    • pleaded shoulder pads
    • moonstone gems!!! (instead of the previous blue and pink)

I love how this looks!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    • "star swirl" design on her chest with the moonstone gem in the middle (NOT painted but a similar one which is in her sword and shield)
    • v-shaped skirt
    • pleaded shoulder pads

I love how this looks!
    http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...yMock-up-1.jpg

yup! exactly what I want! though she will have a Silver/Translucent Tiara hopefully. Id like to get a Gold BP tiara with the same stickers as the 1st ed Figure too! maybe in a weapons Pack!

Im curious how they will do the cape!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    • v-shaped skirt
    • pleaded shoulder pads

I love how this looks!
    http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...yMock-up-1.jpg
    Pretty much what I'd expect for a "Toy Accurate" Vintage She-Ra! If Mattel Plays it Smart, they could make the shoulder frills a separate piece on SB She-Ra so we could Mix and match with She-Ra 1.0, BP She-Ra, AND the new Starburst She-Ra in order for us to create "Ultimate" She-Ra!
    (SB'S Pink repaint of BP She-Ra's Sword could be a WP item!)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar

Though I'm not a fan of the toy top, I always hated it as a kid, I love the mock up that Staff of Ka did, and I have to admit it would be nice to have this version to add some variety and since it sort of resembles a star (sort of) I think Starburst She-ra would be the perfect varient to do it with. Perhaps they could use a REALLY soft pastic for the cap that would fold out when her arms are outstretched.
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

I would think it would be great if it allowed for a more Toy accurate She-Ra. I dont know that I want it, but I think it'd be grand to help along.

Mattel would be foolish not to introduce the vintage bodice here. How many PoP fans will be buying two BP She-Ra's already? Now how many of those will by SB She-Ra in triplicate to create Vintage She-Ra and a toy-accurate BP She-Ra. It's genius. And a little evil.

I just hope we do end up getting her. I'm sure if she is released I'll be happy with how she looks. BP She-Ra has surpassed my expectations. I think her and TP He-Man both look amazing and have me excited for future variants!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I too was surprised by how much I love BP She-ra, "Bonnet" look and all.

I hope we get another She-ra variant sooner rather than later - but they HAVE to get some more Filmation heads out there, can't keep throwing $50/60 a whack to buy a fig just to open to get the spare head!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar

Starburst She-Ra (with vintage starburst dress)

Ran a search and did not find anything, so here goes...

I got to thinking... we have She-Ra ala Filmation, and Bubble Power, wearing a similar minidress. Granted, that was done to swap parts and sit her on Swift Wind. However, when it comes to a vintage inspired She-Ra, we haven't gotten the long dress and starburst bustier. A seperate release for such a figure probably won't go over well, HOWEVER, they could still release such an outfit on Starburst She-Ra. They're nearly identical in style.

And with She-Ra going into space and joining the adventures on Primus, we've all wondered if this would be the outfit she would wear, especially with the UK comics having her wear Starburst Armor when she journeys into space. We wouldn't need her in the minidress the comics depict, as we already have a few of those. The other bustier and long dress would provide some variety on the shelf, and a new dynamic for that vintage barbarian feel.

Who's with me? And please remember, this is to see how you'd like her to look, provided she is one day made. Thank you, in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I love an all inclusive canon!

I'd love a Starburst She-Ra but I think it's way too early to come to her. We need Mermista, Sweet Bee or Castapella first.

Need Starburst She-Ra to fight along side He-Man when he goes all NA on Flogg's butt!

We already have enough She-Ra in MOTUC at this time. Lets let the Horsemen give us characters we don't have instead of taking a slot away from some other character.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Again, this thread is for how you'd like her to be styled, if and when she is one day made. As a varient, she would not take away a slot from other members of the Great Rebellion.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Starburst She-Ra would be a variant slot, NOT a monthly slot. She wouldn't be taking away from any of the characters mentioned above. She would only fall into the ranks of characters like He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak, Teela, Sorceress and perhaps even Catra (who all have variants). I think there's plenty of room for She-Ra variants with this short variant roster.

That being said - I think SB She-Ra should accomplish 2 things:
    1) Provide a new MOTUC variant based on a vintage variant fig
    2) Provide collectors with the opportunity to have a purely vintage toy design brought into MOTUC

SB She-Ra should have the pinwheel star on her bustier, and the "loin cloth" dress styled like the vintage figure. Seeing how the soft plastic loin cloth works on Horde Prime convinces me that they can bring this design to the SB SR variant, and still allow her to site, pose and even sit on Swifty.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I think your suggestions is an excellent one, Jon-O--it would help the fans of the vintage POP figures look get one step closer to their ultimate She-Ra (with the longer skirt and starburst bodice), and add a bit more diversity to the shelf! Plus, as you noted, there's already a precedent for her wearing this outfit in space, so it's the perfect NA look for her. Finally, as you also rightly pointed out, she wouldn't take away from one of the regular monthly slots because she would be a variant.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Starburst She-Ra is currently my most-wanted variant for MOTUC.

I want her to have her SB armor be a removable feature, with the vintage She-Ra doll bodice/skirt underneath. She would need to come with the pink sword and shield, and the SB headpiece, with is a different color than BP She-Ra's. If they're feeling super friendly, they can throw the original toy She-Ra's headpiece in as well, tho I image that would come in a weapons pack.

I personally would buy three. One to be SB She-Ra, one to wear the BP armor, and another to just be the classic toy version.

And hey, I'm sure many others would double or triple dip, too. So forget the weapons pack, this set needs to include both headpieces!