Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starburst She-Ra

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Starburst She-Ra is currently my most-wanted variant for MOTUC.

I want her to have her SB armor be a removable feature, with the vintage She-Ra doll bodice/skirt underneath. She would need to come with the pink sword and shield, and the SB headpiece, with is a different color than BP She-Ra's. If they're feeling super friendly, they can throw the original toy She-Ra's headpiece in as well, tho I image that would come in a weapons pack.

I personally would buy three. One to be SB She-Ra, one to wear the BP armor, and another to just be the classic toy version.

And hey, I'm sure many others would double or triple dip, too. So forget the weapons pack, this set needs to include both headpieces!

OMG! I hadn't thought of it that way. I'd buy three too!!!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Big yes to this idea! I'd be in for at least 2 if SBSR had the Vintage design as her base body.

Oh, and gang, remember the rule for these Support threads-if you're not in favor, keep your comments out.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Big yes to this idea! I'd be in for at least 2 if SBSR had the Vintage design as her base body.

Oh, and gang, remember the rule for these Support threads-if you're not in favor, keep your comments out.
    Thanks, Uki!

Hey, we gotta stick together and keep the riffraff in line!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Had to go look this one up, but I believe I'm with the rest in that I hope they take this chance to make the classic toy costume for this one. I don't have any nostalgia for this line, but after looking through the archive I can say that I enjoy the designs of the toys a whole lot more than the toon. I thought that swirl design on the original She-Ra toy was pretty cool, so I'd really hope they would use this one to make that design.

As for the weapons...well the fans need to get what they want first, but if the sword HAS to be pink, I really think it would be awesome in translucent pink - like energy. It would match the translucent mask she has, and honestly the whole "starburst" thing on her cape makes me think of an energy burst anyway. Also, it would be a cool way to match Thunder Punch He-Man's energy sword.

Of course...I'm still in favor of finding SOME way to get in the original toy's sword. Somewhere. If not here then...well I dunno where it can go.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Had to go look this one up, but I believe I'm with the rest in that I hope they take this chance to make the classic toy costume for this one. I don't have any nostalgia for this line, but after looking through the archive I can say that I enjoy the designs of the toys a whole lot more than the toon. I thought that swirl design on the original She-Ra toy was pretty cool, so I'd really hope they would use this one to make that design.

As for the weapons...well the fans need to get what they want first, but if the sword HAS to be pink, I really think it would be awesome in translucent pink - like energy. It would match the translucent mask she has, and honestly the whole "starburst" thing on her cape makes me think of an energy burst anyway. Also, it would be a cool way to match Thunder Punch He-Man's energy sword.

Of course...I'm still in favor of finding SOME way to get in the original toy's sword. Somewhere. If not here then...well I dunno where it can go.
    Good idea for the sword. I'd go for that. Just make the shield match.

As for the original toy sword, they could always just throw it in. The pink sword is just parts reuse from PB She-Ra, as is the headpiece. I know they'll get cheap on parts tho and not give us all that. Maybe she could be a SDCC exclusive with Kowl or Loo-Kee? that's pretty comparable to Vykron, I think.

We're gonna have to start going the SDCC route for some of these variants anyway, if they're gonna do 'em up right (I'm looking at you, Dragon Blaster Skeletor, and FILMation Hordak).

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Great idea about the sword, Alexx! I think a translucent version of Sword of Protection would look great!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

That is really good to hear you say. I also think of an energy burst with that design, and I love your ideas for the weapons. Translucent versions would be pretty cool; they could be energy or crystal. After all, He-Man did alter his sword when he touched that crystal during an NA mission in the comics. Who's to say they can't tie it in to her too?

Last edited by Jon-O; May 19, 2012 at 07:20am.

Starburst She-Ra will be an amazing figure. Maybe she could even come with a second Filmation-style head, redecorated in Starburts colours.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    We already have enough She-Ra in MOTUC at this time. Lets let the Horsemen give us characters we don't have instead of taking a slot away from some other character.
    We don't have nearly enough She-Ra in MOTUC.

According to MattyCollector.com:

"By the Power of Grayskull™, we’ve got Masters of the Universe® Classics! All your favorite characters from the worlds of He-Man® and She-Ra™ come to life as highly-detailed, fully-articulated action figures. Update your collection by visiting every month when old and new fan favorites alike become available."

That suggests that the She-Ra / Princess of Power element should be more than the occasional "guest" appearance.

Glad so many folks are down with the translucent sword idea! It's my own person thing, but I like to look at the She-Ra variants as possible parallels to He-Man's variants. Battle Armor He-Man is the defensive variant, and Bubble Power She-Ra really felt like a defensive variant as well - I think it's the gladiator-looking armor and the thicker, jeweled sword (that and the pink jewel in the sword makes me think of Jewelstar, which makes me think of supreme defense).

So now I'm thinking of Thunder Punch He-Man as the power variant; as in, less defense in exchange for raw power. Starburst She-Ra is looking similar to me...sorta. The cloak is huge and makes me think that it makes a great defense and offense, but I like my parallels so I'll stick to the script. The Starburst designs in the cloak looks like a similar concussive burst to what the Thunder Punch is supposed to be, so I think it would be cool to give her the same "energy" treatment that TP He-Man sort of gets - but more on the magical side rather than the technological (which He-Man's harness obviously is). So once again, that's sorta my reasoning behind making her sword (I'm assuming the Bubble Power one, since it's the same mold) translucent pink. Since there's room for that crystal in the sword, I think it would be cool to make that a clear, rainbowy color similar to the sticker design on the toy (that way it's not just a featureless pink sword). I would also hope they would make the mask translucent as the archive picture appears to show. The Bubble Power variant has all this solidness to it...I'd like the Starburst variant to have this etherial and powerful energy to it.

...as you can see, I've had a whole childhood without being able to work She-Ra into any stories, so my mind is on overdrive right now. Anyway, the biggest problem I can see with this one is the cloak. It looks awesome on the toy, but I have no idea how they'll do it without real cloth. I would HATE to see it similar to the Sorceress' wings. That would look terrible and hinder the figure. Then of course, finally, I once again state my love for the idea of molding her original toy design into this figure to complete it. Bascially all this together would make this SO much more than a variant.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Hey, my ears are burning! Uki-yuki as hall monitor?! Party time for us bad guys!

what are your expectations for Starburst She-Ra?
    She better come with all cherry flavor ones (my favorite!). I'd buy one!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

...as you can see, I've had a whole childhood without being able to work She-Ra into any stories, so my mind is on overdrive right now. Anyway, the biggest problem I can see with this one is the cloak. It looks awesome on the toy, but I have no idea how they'll do it without real cloth. I would HATE to see it similar to the Sorceress' wings. That would look terrible and hinder the figure. Then of course, finally, I once again state my love for the idea of molding her original toy design into this figure to complete it. Bascially all this together would make this SO much more than a variant.
    This passage and the final sentence especially seem like pure gold. The design might be tricky; perhaps something could be done similar to Shadow Weaver's cape, as Sorceress' could have been.

But you're right... accessories aside, adding the original toy design into the mix would make it so much more than a variant. I think in terms of design, it'd be at least as different as Teela and Battleground Teela are to one another. You look at them and can see how special a figure each is on their own.

She needs the mask. I love She-Ra with a mask.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I hope StarBurst She-Ra is made ... and soon!
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Additionally, I hope they use Starburst She-Ra as a means of introducing the vintage toy bodice. I want to see it get some sort of recognition in MOTUC.
    Here here! While Bubble Power She-Ra improves greatly upon the original MOTUC She-Ra toy, there is a lot to be said for the awesome design of the classic toy She-Ra's sculpted bodice and it needs to be brought into MOTUC sooner than later. Plus I've often thought that a Starburst She-Ra could be explained as her "New Adventures" look. So this particular variant could very well serve several purposes in one toy!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Here here! While Bubble Power She-Ra improves greatly upon the original MOTUC She-Ra toy, there is a lot to be said for the awesome design of the classic toy She-Ra's sculpted bodice and it needs to be brought into MOTUC sooner than later. Plus I've often thought that a Starburst She-Ra could be explained as her "New Adventures" look. So this particular variant could very well serve several purposes in one toy!
    Here here! Sound reasoning!!!

I completely support Starburst She-Ra, please sculpt the classic toy bodice to go with her!
    Last edited by Angel-T; May 23, 2012 at 10:49pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Mattel needs to start doing Fabric.

"Just Like We Remember"
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    That comic is cool! I like how it explained how Starburst She-Ra's power-up is her space costume. The mask/headdress and cape protects her from outer space!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

need a vintage Toy Catra before we need another She-Ra. Represent!

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    We do need one of those too... Someone should start a thread...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I don't think that's how those are gonna work.

Basically, we already have parts of Vintage Catra in the first release (the mask, sword). My presumption is, like She-ra, each release we will see a few more nods/touches to Vintage, and after several variants can mash up pieces and build a "Vintage Toy" classics version.

I'm all set with a regular vintage Catra. I'd be thrilled with a Scratchin' Sound and/or Shower Power Catra.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I would love to see Starburst She-Ra show up as NA She-Ra in the MOTUC Line

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kunle View Post
    I would love to see Starburst She-Ra show up as NA She-Ra in the MOTUC Line

I agree, I often figured this is the way they would go anyway....