Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starburst She-Ra

Yeah, having SB She-Ra as the New Adventures era She-Ra really is quite a good idea. I really like the idea of her having the needed elements for both the vintage toy version and the vintage original She-Ra figure. It'd be cool, though, to mix in a little of the proposed movie costume design just to give her more of a futuristic look to tie in with the look of NA He-Man and the Galactic Guardians.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    I would like to see Starburst She-Ra released as a variant, whether or not she's sold as "New Adventures" She-Ra.

However, in addition to the Starburst She-Ra specific accessories, I would like to see the variant have the original "toy design bodice and skirt" to add some much needed variety to the She-Ra variants and to enable fans to build a "toy design" She-Ra. As the SB She-Ra's accessories are all repaints (except for the armour/cape), I would also like to see a "toy design" variant of the original toy tiara included (in addition to the SB toy tiara). And while I'm spending the tooling budget like there is no tomorrow, I'd still like to see the original "toy design" sword included with a She-Ra action figure.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    do we need Starburst She-Ra? I like her but I would rather have something else. this design it to similar to what we already hive. I would like to save my money for something else.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I'd like to bring up Starburst She-Ra, once more. Her name seems to be popping up here and there, what with NA She-Ra arriving. Some folks think of NA She-Ra as a substitute, but I still feel like Starburst is WAY too unique to replace with NA She-Ra (and man-oh-man, am I a fan of NA She-Ra, lemme tell ya).

All the points of this thread up to now still count:

- Starburst She-Ra is the perfect chance to release a classic toy She-Ra mold with the Starburst parts included. With NA She-Ra using the vintage toy's torso, we're already one step closer, meaning: The torso - the most unique part - is already done and is now a shared part! Tooling for the torso should not be as much of a cost issue to create (I assume).

- We have the potential for some more cool translucent things! I, for one, am rooting for a translucent pink or "stardust" sword and shield (as in: either translucent pink, or clear with sparkles in it, like the vintage mask). I think that'll step her up considerably.

- With new tooling going to the cape and removable armor alone, I would hope this leaves some room for the first-version vintage toy sword as an extra...but I'm not getting my hopes up for that, as large items like the cape tend to drive up costs (not to mention the paint deco that will have to be on it).

- All together I believe this will be the ultimate homage to toy She-Ra, if done right, and I believe that's still a hole we need to fill before this line ends.

We're not without problems, though. One in particular: THAT CAPE. It could potentially ruin the figure, if not done right. But...what is right? I think many of us would prefer a cloth cape, but whoo-boy, how much would that cost? And if it's rubbery, I'd be afraid of how the paint will react to it over time (and react with other plastics, if I have to store the figure). Some sort of layering function would look...ugly, I think. I seriously am behind this figure all the way, but that cape is a real sticking point.

So here we are! Anyone up for bringing this variant into the spotlight?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I'd like to bring up Starburst She-Ra, once more. Her name seems to be popping up here and there, what with NA She-Ra arriving. Some folks think of NA She-Ra as a substitute, but I still feel like Starburst is WAY too unique to replace with NA She-Ra (and man-oh-man, am I a fan of NA She-Ra, lemme tell ya).

All the points of this thread up to now still count:

- Starburst She-Ra is the perfect chance to release a classic toy She-Ra mold with the Starburst parts included. With NA She-Ra using the vintage toy's torso, we're already one step closer, meaning: The torso - the most unique part - is already done and is now a shared part! Tooling for the torso should not be as much of a cost issue to create (I assume).

- We have the potential for some more cool translucent things! I, for one, am rooting for a translucent pink or "stardust" sword and shield (as in: either translucent pink, or clear with sparkles in it, like the vintage mask). I think that'll step her up considerably.

- With new tooling going to the cape and removable armor alone, I would hope this leaves some room for the first-version vintage toy sword as an extra...but I'm not getting my hopes up for that, as large items like the cape tend to drive up costs (not to mention the paint deco that will have to be on it).

- All together I believe this will be the ultimate homage to toy She-Ra, if done right, and I believe that's still a hole we need to fill before this line ends.

We're not without problems, though. One in particular: THAT CAPE. It could potentially ruin the figure, if not done right. But...what is right? I think many of us would prefer a cloth cape, but whoo-boy, how much would that cost? And if it's rubbery, I'd be afraid of how the paint will react to it over time (and react with other plastics, if I have to store the figure). Some sort of layering function would look...ugly, I think. I seriously am behind this figure all the way, but that cape is a real sticking point.

I'm all for this variant. I would love that if we could get a deluxe Starburst She-Ra that would allow you to make make an original toy variant version as well. I'm hoping we see this, but given the state of the line and the focus on closing things out I don't know if we will see it.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!

I have no problem with this being made...just outside of the sub. That way I can skip it.

After this month, I'll have a standard She-Ra and 2 NA She-Ra's. I don't see why I would ever need any more. No interest at all in this variant.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

If the Horsemen can bring something fresh, extra beautiful and appealing to a potential Starburst She-ra... I'm in.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Yeah I was a little bummed by the 4h's decision, I mean NA she-ra is totally a cool new variant of our beloved princess but doesnt substitute starbust in any possible way.
    The torso should be used for something else , classic toy she-ra, starbust, battleground who know!!

Are you askin me if I'm happy with what we got instead of the 3rd vintage she-ra? I'm fine with that, it makes sense for the pop's brand, in the end its way better than what we got in the MOTU's 30th anniversary club
    But the 3rd variant is needed, I want everything from the VINTAGE line!!!!! haaaa
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

She was a true vintage figure...a variant....if they found a space for her next year that would be great, if there is a 2016, put her in there...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Warrior
    Absolutely, yes. This still is still one variant I've been looking forward to ever since the Four Horsemen revisited Masters of the Universe and The Princess of Power lines.

I love Alexx's ideas; particularly the idea of translucent accessories.
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here

We need her made. Put her in a two pack with "Barbarian" or "Battleground" Catra (toy version with furry boots and lion cloth / tail).
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    We need her made. Put her in a two pack with "Barbarian" or "Battleground" Catra (toy version with furry boots and lion cloth / tail).
    Wouldn't that be super expensive, though? They've said before that larger items are kinda expensive - hence the reason Netossa didn't come with a weapon. Assuming we believe them (and if you don't, I guess this goes down the drain), Starburst She-Ra's cape is gona be BIG. Should be, anyway. Putting her in a two pack would make it beyond the usual two pack price. They seem to like to fit certain things into particular price ranges.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Wouldn't that be super expensive, though? They've said before that larger items are kinda expensive - hence the reason Netossa didn't come with a weapon. Assuming we believe them (and if you don't, I guess this goes down the drain), Starburst She-Ra's cape is gona be BIG. Should be, anyway. Putting her in a two pack would make it beyond the usual two pack price. They seem to like to fit certain things into particular price ranges.

No

It would be less tooling for the two pack than for many single figures.

New parts:

Cape (She-Ra)
    Skirt (She-Ra)
    Boots (Catra - could just be modified versions of existing boots)
    Forearms (Catra - could just be modified versions of existing forearms)
    Skirt / Tail (Catra)
    Head (Catra - could be a modified Tallstar head)

Armor/clothing is the cheapest component; Scott Neitlich told us that himself on RGD way back when.

The reuse factor is immense for this two pack:

The bodies are entirely reused, including She-Ra's head
    NA she-Ra bodice
    Sweet Bee bodice
    BP She-Ra mask, sword, shield
    Catra vibrate toy mask, shield

It ends up being about the same tooling for a single new figure.

So, in all, that's less tooling than Extrendar, Rio Blast, Gwildor, Ram Man, Mermista, Tung Lashor, etc etc etc
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

But you want 2.0s of all the figures don't have...or don't want to pay secondary prices for.
    Oh No-Ah...
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    After this month, I'll have a standard She-Ra and 2 NA She-Ra's. I don't see why I would ever need any more. No interest at all in this variant.
    @Alexx...What about GLOW-IN-THE-DARK...TRANSLUCENT weapons!?!?
    Speaking of G.I.T.D accessories...in the Crystal Sun Dancer thread I noticed that Sweet Bee's wings and crown glowed in the dark...talk about a missed opportunity...

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    @Alexx...What about GLOW-IN-THE-DARK...TRANSLUCENT weapons!?!?
    Speaking of G.I.T.D accessories...in the Crystal Sun Dancer thread I noticed that Sweet Bee's wings and crown glowed in the dark...talk about a missed opportunity...
    Sweet Bee was one of 2 POP figures with the glow in the dark feature. The other was Glimmer. I was hoping her staff would be like the vintage, but alas. As you've already stated this was a missed opportunity.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

She's not perfect, but with a few mods, she will be..

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    But you want 2.0s of all the figures don't have...or don't want to pay secondary prices for.
    Oh No-Ah...
    I've never said any such thing.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

This is an excellent idea, although I'd prefer it to be Scratchin' Sound Catra as that was the counterpart to Starburst She-Ra. I'd still love to see a toy accurate She-Ra and Catra 2-pack as well ... but getting ALL of those (plus Shower Power Catra) seems unlikely. I love NA She-Ra and am glad to have her instead of combining Starburst and NA together IF we do end up getting a SB She-Ra. If we don't ever get her I'll be a bit bummed they didn't do that.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Thank you for resurrecting this thread Alexx. Starburst She-Ra is the single most important character left for me after what we know about 2015. Although I encourage and will financially support a 2016 line, I will be devastated if she's not part of it.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

I'm all for this variant if they finally give her a nice round face and big smile instead of the typical gaunt cheeks and trouty pout.

So sick of it.

Neat idea, definitely down for that!
    I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!

Widget
    Been thinking on this one. What if we have this character bring the she-ra character full circle. Sell her in a 2 or 3 pack and complete some of the stories for everyone. At minimum I'm thinking her and Despara as a two pack. here is the story pitch. In order to spare her friends sould Teela relinquishes her powers as the goddess of Serpos. This allows Adora to fight against Despara and she emerges victorious as the new sorceress of the star seed as explained in the current comics. Afterall, it is not just grayskull but also queen veena's blood in her veins. And with that, we can get a Queen teela Action figure. Slight retooling and a new headsculpt that gives us a sort of MYP teela to sit on the throne beside king he-man. That would basically give us three figures we want and also wrap up some storylines in the same stroke.

I definitly think we should get ALL She-ra and Catra variants, just as we see we've gotten or will be getting every He-man and Skeletor variant.

I will not feel complete without Starburst She-ra, Scratch'n'Sound Catra (I REALLY want this one), and Shower Power Catra (we already got her sword with our first Catra).

Will these ever see the light of day...only Mattel knows, but I'm really pushing and hoping for them.

Starburst She-Ra should be the characters ultimate form, the manifestation of her powers that rids her of Despair's influence permanently. I've seen others post this idea online as well, so I know many of us are thinking along the same lines. It would be a very popular way to go.

They owe this to us..AND to Adora. That NA She-Ra bio is BLEAK. She-Ra helps bring about the fall of Eternia? Unless we're talking about Autumn, then poor Adora will have quite the heavy heard when all is said and done.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!