Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mini-Comic: Teela's Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    I'm really glad for the explanation you gave for the color-change on her hair. Never liked the "sayan" effect.
    I know. It would have been the "cheapest answer". That is why I mentioned it.

One little revision for the final:

I revised the anatomy some on Teela on the cover. It's been irritating me since shortly after I posted it. I noticed one arm area seemed a bit large and it felt like she was lacking a rib-cage! LOL.

So I'm much happier with this now.

NEW:

OLD:

All right everyone! It's here!

The completed comic. Thanks so much everyone for their kind words throughout the process. I really appreciate and hope you like the finished work! I've taken down all the various images for now. I corrected a lot of images and I also changed the font. So you'll want to read it from the beginning. I will put images back up shortly for those that would rather read it that way than through the issuu viewer. For now, you can read it on Issuu.com by clicking the cover:

Ok, so I had been following this for a long while now but was waiting for the end. All I can say is EXCELLENT!! Your story was brilliant. Loved the way you explained the hair change and simplified so many otherwise complicated issues surrounding Teela and the Sorceress. Loved the end - loved Evil-lyn's (toy accurate) colours, the inclusion of DM and the final picture. Please upload them to this thread as well - as its nice to see the progression.

Now we have to see Part II - Teela vs Evil-lyn. PLEASE!!

Heroic Warrior
    This was so wonderful! I actually nearly cried at one point! And the Battle sequence was Epic! And a ver nice plug for the MOTUC line as well, lol.

It always shows when someone has a passion for their work! Excellent, Excellent job!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Wow! That's so cool, Wes! I like that Teela is smiling at Evil-Lyn at the end...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Amazing! Now, hurry and get the Evil-Lyn issue done: I need to know what happens next!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Thanks everyone! Glad you guys are liking it! I'd love to get to the Evil-Lynn comic some day. We'll see! I've got to finish up my book first though. LOL.

Anyway, here are the individual images to peruse:

Last edited by JonWes; October 29, 2011 at 08:41pm.

The link to the hair page is not working

The /img is wrong.
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; October 30, 2011 at 04:38am. Reason: Fixed

Love your double page panel
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    *giant grin*
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    The link to the hair page is not working

The /img is wrong.

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ge-90_full.jpg
    Should be all fixed now! Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by RafiS View Post
    Ok, so I had been following this for a long while now but was waiting for the end. All I can say is EXCELLENT!! Your story was brilliant. Loved the way you explained the hair change and simplified so many otherwise complicated issues surrounding Teela and the Sorceress. Loved the end - loved Evil-lyn's (toy accurate) colours, the inclusion of DM and the final picture. Please upload them to this thread as well - as its nice to see the progression.
    Thanks so much! Yeah, I did kind of gloss over some stuff to sort of streamline it. LOL. Doing this story really made me think of how much I'd love to write a full-fledged MOTU novel some day. But no way I can do that as fan fiction! That'd be way too much of a time commitment. But the universe is so rich you really could dive into it and do something epic.

You know, I know people have issues with BG Evil-Lynn but drawing her and (more importantly) coloring her just made me realize what a lovely color scheme she has. And she really makes different parts of the sculpt pop out in different ways. It's funny, but I didn't really notice all the horns and things on Teela's outfit when they are colored for her. I'm really excited about getting this figure myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    This was so wonderful! I actually nearly cried at one point! And the Battle sequence was Epic! And a ver nice plug for the MOTUC line as well, lol.

It always shows when someone has a passion for their work! Excellent, Excellent job!
    Whoo! Thanks so much. I know people had an issue with the Sorceress dying in the way she did. But I thought there could really be a beautiful sort of poignancy that isn't best expressed in the form of a bio. I really hope I reached that in some small way so it's good to hear I might have. The Sorceress's life has been framed so much by her duty to Grayskull, so I think it's appropriate her last act is carrying out that duty... but it also gave her a chance to have some mother/daughter bonding time too. Having her die a big flashy death in the middle of battle would have been more dramatic in some ways, I suppose... but in a weird way this feels "right" to me. But she sure wasn't going to just be buried in the ground or anything. If it were up to me, I'd make the 200X Sorceress an "ascended" Sorceress who became an elder more occupied with cosmic issues as Teela carried on protecting Grayskull. I'm intrigued to see where the story goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    Amazing! Now, hurry and get the Evil-Lyn issue done: I need to know what happens next!
    I'm dying to do it! The whole reason I wanted to do the BG Evil-Lynn book next is that I actually had intended this comic to end somewhere else entirely and realized I never would have the space for all of it in one mini-comic. Plus, the BG Evil-Lynn story is just very interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulisses31 View Post
    Love your double page panel
    Thanks! It was hard work but oh man it was a blast. The majority of those characters I've never attempted to draw (like Orko, Extendar, Gwildor, Draego Man. etc.) and it was really fun to tackle them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    *giant grin*
    So glad you liked it in the end! I'm happy people were pleased with the end. It seemed appropriate. And I really love the idea that Teela will still be Teela, even when she eventually becomes the Sorceress. And having this sort of "transitional" Teela is really interesting.

Great choice of figures in the double panel by the way.
    Also nice to see Scareglow and Blade used. There are a lot of movie figures in your comic.
    I cant wait to actually get those.

And the story is awesome.

Well done

Thanks Eterniandreams! I'm actually really excited about the movie figures too, as I didn't have any as a kid. Although I saw the movie I was transitioning out of MOTU at the time so I didn't have any of the latter figures like Scare Glow or Saurod. A friend of mine had them and I thought they were very cool! I am really looking forward to Saurod and have been for a while. But the funny thing i found out as i was researching reference for Blade and Gwildor is that both actually have a lot of cool design elements! I can only imagine what the 4H could do with them!

Looks awesome! Can't wait to read more.

One question, Jon. Does Teela yet know Adam's secret or did she only get "so much info" so far?
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

a Muppet of a man...
    I read the first tease you put up a while ago, but held off until it was finished to check out any more. That was a fun read all at once! But when I got to the end, I kept clicking where the next page arrow had been, hoping there was more!

Nice story, cool art... great piece of work all around!!

Great job man!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Great work and dedication here, thanks for this minicomic, me and, I believe, the .org, needed it.
    Danbrenus
    uomo libero e guerriero delle schiere Boiche

http://danbrenus.deviantart.com/
    My pre-Filmation minicomics:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=184385
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189337
    Of course I do commission, after all I have to live!
    Chiaramente accetto commissioni, dovrò pur campare...

Thanks guys! With so many talented artists and writers here, I hope fans keep making mini-comics!

Very,Very Good!

I have to confess, I never really liked MOTUC's Battle-Ground Teela, or the bio that went with it, but I'm really impressed with this project!

I love the art work (especially that battle-ground scene!), but more than that, the story really made me care about the characters and made sense of Teela's seemingly random MOTUC transformation.

Great work! Thanks for sharing.
    One day Skeletor will finally conquer Grayskull...
    ...And pigs might fly!

Great battle scene! One of your best illustrations yet!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigs Might Fly View Post
    I have to confess, I never really liked MOTUC's Battle-Ground Teela, or the bio that went with it, but I'm really impressed with this project!

I love the art work (especially that battle-ground scene!), but more than that, the story really made me care about the characters and made sense of Teela's seemingly random MOTUC transformation.

Great work! Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks so much! That was what I was hoping to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Great battle scene! One of your best illustrations yet!!
    Thanks, I really ended up happy with that. One of my big issues is that sometimes my figure work can be a bit stiff looking but for the most part I was happy with it here. I think only Gwildor (and to a lesser extent Catra) feel too flat.