View Poll Results: How do you rate MOTUC Roboto out of 10 (10 being the best)

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (best)

14 14.29%

20 20.41%

20 20.41%

19 19.39%

5 5.10%

5 5.10%

6 6.12%

3 3.06%

4 4.08%
  • 1 (worst)

2 2.04%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your verdict: Roboto - rating out of 10

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Your verdict: Roboto - rating out of 10

Just been looking back at some of my ancient "vintage figure review threads", in which we would discuss a different vintage figure and rate him out of 10.

Well... with a new figure being released each month, seems like a good time to "take score". Many of us overseas collectors won't see Grizzlor or King Grayskull just yet, so let's kick off with last months, that most of us hopefully have in hand by now.

...How do you rate Roboto, on a scale of 1 to 10?
    Last edited by Spacedust; November 21, 2010 at 08:04am. Reason: typo
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I rate him at a 9.

If it wasn't for the reversed shoulders, I would have given him a 10.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I rate him at a 8

An extra 200X head would have made him a 9

Honestly, the whole reverse shoulders issue doesn't bother me that much, much like it didn't on He-Man.

The only thing that does bother me about him is how soft his attachments are because I'm afraid if I try to change them, I'm going to pull too hard and the plastic is going to rip.

For me, Roboto is a solid 8.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I give 'em a 9. Lost a point for no 200X parts and floppy weapons. Only a point, though, 'cause I LOVE this figure! Even the lack of extra innovation and the weapons can't bring him down that much for me.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I like the figure a lot, but it loses major marks for the lack of a removable left hand. That alone forces me to give him a B instead of an A+. They really dropped the ball on that aspect of the figure. So, 7/10.

I give him 7.
    Besides his manufactering errors, he´s a cool figure.

I rated him a 10 cause the shoulders don't bother me at all, I still love this figure alot.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

I feel a bit harsh, but I gave him a 5. I wasn't a massive fan of the design when we first saw him, so that doesn't help. He would have benefitted from some 200x elements BIG TIME.

Additionally:

- Mine had the worst paint-job I've ever seen on a MOTUC figure. Very sloppy.
    - The box was busted - this wasn't the fault of the white mailer which was in good shape.
    - The reversed shoulders...as someone has said, not a massive problem, but it is another one.
    - Weapons all bent out of shape.

...so all that taken into account, maybe a 5 is generous!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    To answer my own question, I've give Roboto and 8.

I've heard about sloppy paint jobs (which I've had in the past), but my personal 2x Robotos were well painted. The shoulder issue was annoying but not as massive a problem as some found.

8 cos he's a great, "stand alone" figure, but not higher 'cos he's a little too far away from the pre-Filmation "barbarian" mythos that I'm mainly into.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I give him 9. It would have been 10 without some little paint defects.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

I gave him an 8, due to all the defects pointed so far...
    At the moment i'm making some Paint "improvements" on mine, painting all the grey with Metallic Silver, lets see how it turns...

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I rate him at a 4.QC.

I love Roboto, love the colors, love the accessories (although they could be sturdier). Mine is great-I can't wait for a future Weapons Pak to have silver Trap Jaw accessories for him.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I voted 10 based on the Roboto I received. I just could not be happier with it. But I could have aswell voted 7 or 8 because of all the quality control issues people have had.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I gave him an 8. I took off a point for the shoulders, and a point for the rubbery material they used for the attachments.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    It sucks he doesn't have a place to put his accessories. I made one out of those clear bands that come with the figure. now he has his claw & axe on his waist like a belt.

I gave him a 4. His QC issues are pretty bad, the weapons are so floppy that I'm always afraid that they are going to tear (plus they are bent), he has no additional portrait, and he really just looks lame. I'm not a fan of this Roboto version.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I gave him a five. I wasn't planning on buying him, but found it for ten dollars at a toy show. The QC issues hurt him, and I think this one would have benefited from a little more 200x influence.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I gave him a 2.

No new elements REALLY hurt Roboto, IMO. He's literally a better version of the figure I have in my basement.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I gave him a 10. He's perfect in my opinion and one of the best figures from last year.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior
    9, would have been 10 if I didn't have to flip the shoulders... Perfect update.

If it wasn't for the reversed shoulders, I would have given him a 9, and I wouldn't have noticed that if it hadn't been pointed out. I would have also liked the vizor/mouth piece to bit a touch smaller, it looks like a duck's bill.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I voted 10 based on the Roboto I received. I just could not be happier with it. But I could have aswell voted 7 or 8 because of all the quality control issues people have had.
    My thoughts exactly, I was expecting to hate him, but once I opened him, he was/is perfect!

And that 1st gut reaction to a figure is all I need! (I hated and STILL hate Tri klops, cos I opened him and thought 'Ew')

Bravo Roboto!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I gave him an 8. Minus 1 point for the reverse shoulders and 1 point for the amazingly small torso/chest. He looks okay from the front but I look at him from the sides and he looks way out of proportion...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!