View Poll Results: Who fits more in to MOTU?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Mighty Spector

36 42.86%
  • Mo-Larr

48 57.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who fits in to MOTU more: Spector or Mo-Larr?

Who fits in to MOTU more: Spector or Mo-Larr?

Remember when Mo-Larr was revealed?
    I remember it well because the fan base was crying foul saying he did not fit in MOTU.

Remember when The Mighty Spector was revealed?
    I remember it well because the fan base was crying foul saying he did not fit in MOTU.

So, who fits in to the MOTU mythos more?

Heroic Warrior
    Spector... easily.

There really isn't anything about spector that doesn't 'fit'... Honestly, there is nothing in the world that doesn't 'Fit' in MOTU... The line was designs for little kids... and when "I" was a little kid ALL my toys played together. He-man, super powers, Voltron... they ALL worked together.

That's why we've got Barbarians, ninjas, cowboys, robots, cyborgs, etc... EVERYTHING FITS.

NA even includes Spacemen and He-ro has a distinct 'super hero' look to him.

Granted, Spector does not fit in witht he 8-back very well... but he'd blend with NA and the later series quite easily.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Mo-Larr...because he's a joke!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Mo-Larr, based on petty jealousy
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Where is option three? Neither of them belong in MOTU.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Heroic Warrior
    THIS is exactly the way I feel !

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    THIS is exactly the way I feel !
    On the reverse side I could have put in option four, they both belong but where is the fun in that?

You have a choice of one fits more than the other and that is it

At least Mo has the typical look for a MOTU, minus the lab coat, he has a standard body underneath, and actually has a face, a lot better to fit in unless you think of Spector as one of those Comet Monsters from the episode of MOTU, who went out and got a day job. I mean the lack of a face is way too Marvel, and even though Man At Arms and many others have a love for Spandex, at least even they didn't go for the complete Masochist look, I mean he's even supposed to come with a whip....hmmm
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

They both fit. That's my choice. Such dissatisfaction and "petty jealousy" from some people doesn't take away from two fun characters!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    DUH -thats an easy one - Mo larr.

he was in a robot chicken motu parody episode.

heck the eternian banker has more right to be in motu.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    They both fit. That's my choice. Such dissatisfaction and "petty jealousy" from some people doesn't take away from two fun characters!
    your consistent enthusiasm totally rocks, man
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Thanks, buddy!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Spector fits because his bio will show he was once the Palace guard Lt.Spector from the palace guards two pack. Mo-lar was a Robot Chicken scetch by seth Green and had no place in MOTU.

Spector's Bio i'm sure will tie him into the MOTU mythos just fine.

Mo-Larr, since he at least has a unique job description - "Eternian Dentist!". There really is noone else like him on Eternia.

We already have a time travelling costumed hero in Preternia Disguise He-Man. We don't need another guy running around messing with the timeline and saving the day.

gotta say both... if there is a motuc toy made then they "fit" in my book....
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

so far Mo-Larr is winning by a very narrow margin.

I vote Spector. So far Mo-Larr is not an official cannon character in MOTUC. He is a very cool special figure, but not a real character.

Spector, for good or ill, is. I'm not even judging who is the superior character, just the fact that Spector is.

I think he fit's better. He is the real character. Spector, that's it.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    This. Thank you.

Heroic Warrior
    they both fit.

I can't and wont pick one. It'd be like picking a favorite child.

what, no "none of the above" option?

Mo-Larr.

Yes he is a joke character, but his name first and foremost is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more MOTU than "The Mighty Spector" second he wasn't designed to be a marvel comics character, the Robot Chicken guys designed him to look like an MOTU character, meaning they used the same design ideals that came before, Spector again doesn't fit that mold.

third, his reason for existing in the line makes more sense than Spectors. a joint development to cross promote the line, get non motuc fans interested in motuc product and get non robot chicken fans interested in robot chicken. Spector thus far has served only to fulfill the dream of a man who already has had his dreams fulfilled. nothing more than that.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

how the heck did the mighty spector become the measuring stick? pretty soon we'll have to have a mighty spector comparison forum.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    how the heck did the mighty spector become the measuring stick? pretty soon we'll have to have a mighty spector comparison forum.
    I'm not saying this with any malicious intent, just stating what I perceive to be the facts. From the looks of it, Spector is the figure that has the most dislike thus far. That being said you can equate him to being 'bottom of the barrel' as such if any other figure is dislike so strongly you'd have this level to compare it to, to get an accurate reading on where he fits as far as appreciation goes.

My LEAST favourite figure prior to Spector was probably roboto, but I still liked Roboto. I like Mo-Larr for what he is more than Roboto, but I like roboto better overall so it's kind of strange.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Thanks to Robot Chicken we got to see what Mo-Larr looks like in the original toy form. Spector never got that. Both names are really MOTU, but Mo-Larr is a lot more obvious. Also a dentist could be seen as more of a sick and twisted killer from an early 90s horror flick, so why does it matter if Spector's design looks like he came from the 90s? He-Man came from the 80s. Do 10 years really matter here, folks?

Ten years in design makes a huge difference comparfashion style per decade you see huge changes. its not for me a matter of looking like he is from the 90s as much as it , again for me, is such a bland and uninspired design and name. its not very motu a name either because it doewnt decribe what he does and if spector is his real name then the mighty part has nothing to do with his power so again it doesnt fit.

photog doewnt need the fearkless part but the photog name fits in. clqmp champ rio blast snout spout nijor dragstor molarr they all make sense for their characers nothing about tms fits in with the pqttern of motu

Fear is faith in failure

My vote is for neither. I'm not a fan of how MOTU seems to be a catch-all for any sort of character.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!