Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Figures That Deserves The 2.0 Treatment.....

Hybrid View

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar

Figures That Deserves The 2.0 Treatment.....

Which are figures you think should get the 2.0 treatment ? You can mention ANY figure you want, BUT, make sure the ones which are really possible !

My 2.0 Wish list :-

1) Adora

2) He-Man (Filmation)

3) Skeletor (Filamtion)

4) Green Goddess

5) Keldor (200X toy Inspiration - TG has mentioned that it is in the master list of Re-Deco figures)
    Last edited by TUC138; October 11, 2011 at 02:45am.

Keldor

Green Goddess (slightly different tunic)

Beastman{ slightly bigger)

Stratos (needs toes, a more detailed jetpack)
    Last edited by Azrael; October 11, 2011 at 03:01am.

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe you should mention WHY they should get the 2.0 treatment?!

Teela: missing twist wait, stiff plastic on outfit, only looking down...

Stratos: no accessories, wrong wing attachment, should get Beast Man feet in 2.0 version

The Goddess (fembody 2.0, unshattering crotch, new headsculpt)
    Stratos (feet, wings, HANDS - might as well just make him a 200x inspired figure, with rocket jet boots)
    Teela (fembody 2.0)
    Adora (fembody 2.0, sexier dress, no more grannypants)
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

ADORA & STRATOS!!

Granny Panties deserves another shot. Also, can we get Stratos' feet & wings situation resolved once and for all??

I just can't see Matty giving Goddess another turn, or even a Teela 2.0 since Evil-Lyn II used the original buck. I'd be happy with a Teela reissue simply using the softer tunic.

How about Mattel just focus on getting the 1.0 versions out first and get them out correctly before going back to fix their past problems?

Heroic Warrior
    Green Goddess ( new headsculpt)

Roboto

MOTUC are perfect but my 2.0 wish list would be:

1. King Hiss - most desperately in need of 2.0, with Earn Norem inspired snake-torso. I really do detest that limp, celery stick, rabbit toothed, non-hinged jaw arm snake lame-o excuse for a King Hiss we were given. A 200x human-torso version could be basis of this re-make.

2. evil 'Avatar' Stratos with Beast-Man feet (OK, I admit that is not a 2.0 but an alternate character)

3. Count Marzo (Filmation look)

4. He-Ro with "G" armor variant

5. Filmation-head Skeletor

6. Hordak (blue - Filmation)

7. Clawful (whose shell back stays on!)

8. Tytus (taller!)

9. Sorceress (without massive pegs at the shoulders - try using Emiliano's design)

10. 'green' mini-comic Trap Jaw (potentially a new character - doesn't need to have interchangeable arms, only remodeled laser canon as per mini-comics)

11. 'red' Beast Man

12. Leo-Faker - with both orange Skeletor harness and orange He-Man harness

13. "Chopper" Jitsu with 2 over-sized golden chopping hands, as per Filmation cartoon (however it would be nice to have Jitsu himself, finally!)

14. flesh-toned Faker! - with purple Skeletor harness and Skeletor belt, as per Star Comics.

15. Toy version Catra (with tail!)

16. pink Swiftwind

Have to say I'm not seeing the problem so many others are with Adora, Teela or Goddess. Regarding Goddess and Teela, I think a mere re-issue of the existing figures using soft plastic clothes and non-shattering plastic is all that's needed. Really, other than the shattering plastic issue, the Goddess is darn near perfect. I love her!!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post

1. King Hiss - most desperately in need of 2.0, with Earn Norem inspired snake-torso. I really do detest that limp, celery stick, rabbit toothed, non-hinged jaw arm snake lame-o excuse for a King Hiss we were given. A 200x human-torso version could be basis of this re-make.

2. evil 'Avatar' Stratos with Beast-Man feet (OK, I admit that is not a 2.0 but an alternate character)

8. Tytus (taller!)

9. Sorceress (without massive pegs at the shoulders - try using Emiliano's design)

10. 'green' mini-comic Trap Jaw (potentially a new character - doesn't need to have interchangeable arms, only remodeled laser canon as per mini-comics)

11. 'red' Beast Man

13. "Chopper" Jitsu with 2 over-sized golden chopping hands, as per Filmation cartoon (however it would be nice to have Jitsu himself, finally!)

14. flesh-toned Faker! - with purple Skeletor harness and Skeletor belt, as per Star Comics.

16. pink Swiftwind

Have to say I'm not seeing the problem so many others are with Adora, Teela or Goddess. Regarding Goddess and Teela, I think a mere re-issue of the existing figures using soft plastic clothes and non-shattering plastic is all that's needed. Really, other than the shattering plastic issue, the Goddess is darn near perfect. I love her!!
    Mate, I am talking about 2.0 treatment & NOT variants !

2.0 Treatment = "Corrected" elements of the previous figure. (i.e BP She-Ra)
    Last edited by TUC138; October 11, 2011 at 07:02am.

LOL! But isn't Bubble Power She-Ra proof that 2.0s will be variants from now on? I think the days are long since passed where Mattel corrects stuff-ups with re-issues (a'la He-Man and He-Man re-issue).

Anyway, sorry if I've too off-topic'ed your thread.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post

8. Tytus (taller!)

11. 'red' Beast Man

16. pink Swiftwind

"Chopper" Jitsu ????!!!

Anyway, I like your ideas Especially for Leo Faker... I would love a Kamo Khan also! But the regular one will be a killer figure!

Heroic Warrior
    This:

When doing a 2.0 I love what Matty is doing! The 2.0 figure should be an improvement with enough unique pieces to mix and match with the 1.0 figures to make both versions viable and worthwhile to own!

Version 2.0 figures need to start having injection-molded joints instead of the big pins. The ankles on Vikor and Bow are a nice start.

Let's start with the defectives:

King Hiss: Maybe a 200X version (Emperor). Fixed shoulders. V1.0 body beneath with new detachment pieces at the waist, new 200X head, loincloth, and new Snake upper body in that alternate style everyone seems to prefer.

Roboto: "Battleground" Roboto. Fixed shoulders. New heads (200x and classic head with fixed "duck bill"). Two swappable hands instead of only the right hand. New 200X-style chest/body armor that stores extra weapons in the back, and snap-on armored 200X-inspired boots.

Goddess: "Great Wars" Goddess. Working hips. Mini-comic accurate: Soft "vintage toy"-style tunic (to be re-used for V2 Teela and Evil-Lyn) for added waist articulation, new cobra body armor with NO cobra headpiece. 1/2-3/4 length horned skull staff (see mini-comic) and Mark Taylor-inspired coiled cobra staff. 2 Heads: One cobra helmeted head (for neck movement while armored; cobra helmet was never supposed to be attached to the body armor), and the other is the original Mark Taylor head (with horned tiara) painted green (see the mini-comic) Open-palmed left hand for "spell-casting", maybe with blast effect a la TP He-Man

Teela: v2.0 "Warrior Goddess" Teela. Soft "vintage toy"-style tunic that is painted WHITE (like Bubble Power She-Ra) and gold with added waist articulation, new cobra body armor with NO cobra headpiece. maroon/bronze Staff of Ka (vintage toy colors), Mark Taylor spear, and shield repainted gold/white (like mini-comic). 2 Heads: One cobra helmeted head (for neck movement while armored; cobra helmet was never supposed to be attached to the body armor), and the other is the original Mark Taylor head (with horned tiara). Open-palmed left hand like Goddess 2.0. Redder boots?

Evil-Lyn: v2.0 "Dark Magician" Evil-Lyn. Soft "vintage toy"-style tunic that is painted blue and purple with added waist articulation, paler beige skin Filmation-style. Black snap-on cape. Glow-in-the-dark wand, Spellcasting hand and blast effect (borrowed from Goddess, repainted). 2 Heads: One Helmetless and helmeted head repainted. Screeech with closed wings.

Stratos: v2.0 "Winged Warrior" Stratos. Articulated wings on wrists. Comes with feather-ornamented 3-point Katar (see Voldo from Soulcalibur), new leg gauntlets with "scooping talons" that grabs other figures at the upper arms (when out to the sides). He can grab enemies off the battlefield or fly other Masters into battle!

Sorceress: v2.0 "Battleground" Sorceress. She comes with the much-requested fixed wings (done either like Shadow Weaver or another improved articulation scheme). Perhaps the front feathers can be all orange as requested. She has a spellcasting left hand with blast effect, re-used from v2 Goddess and v2 Evil-Lyn. Comes with Zoar with closed wings. Her other big accessory would be reversed-engineered Zoar-style battle armor/weapons she can wear. Her headgear would be molded as a new head, maybe a second one. My thinking is that she is powerless outside the castle walls, so to join the fight, Man-At-Arms made feminine armor with rockets and lasers that she can weild. Think Playmates' Colleen O'Reilly from EXO Squad toys but a bit more form-fitting and less bulky. It would be fun to see on her.

Teela - Waist twist, bendy dress
    Goddess - non-transcluent.
    Man-at-Arms - lighter green. Maybe Filmation head.
    He-man - new head-sculpt, more posable hands
    Stratos - stiffer joints, movable wings (like in 200x)
    Evil-Lyn - 200x version with a new dress
    Catra - Toyversion
    King Randor - 200x variant
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

cant say i dig the idea of more 2.0 characters...im fine with what i already have....but if people are dying for a re-do figure i hope they will have the availability to do so......
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Teela!!!

They could include the Sorceress robe she wears in the new mini-comic.

- Blonde tiara-wearing head (blonde repaint of Teela 1.0's head)
    - Red Staff of Ka
    - new female buck
    - 2-piece outfit to accommodate waist-twist.
    - twistable arm bracers
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Evil Apologist of MattelŪ Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    King Hsss
    Fixes the backward shoulders.
    Give him the Bruce Timm maskless head and Earl Norem snakes.

Roboto
    Fixes the backward shoulders.
    Give him his 200X head and chest armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Catra
    Toy version
    These are my top personal choices!

Fix the damn shoulders and change up those figures a bit to make them worth buying again.

Also pink, silver, and black Catra would be awesome, even though I <3 the Horde version most of all.
    -=ĪEvilCøuntMarzøĪ=-
    BLÅĮK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

My 2.0 wishlist is mainly for fixes only but if it's bundled with extras like BP She-Ra, all the better!

Adora 2.0

2.0 body so she can ride Spirit when they do him

New suit to fix the skirt issue

Maybe they can throw in a She-Ra 1 smaller sword or a weapon from those fashion packs or something she used in the FM cartoon

Teela 2.0

New body style, softer skirt piece so she can ride Charger when they do him

Rotating cuffs like BG Evil Lyn

Maybe give her the blond BG head and blaster as well as everything from Teela 1.0 except Zoar

Fix bobble head issue

Roboto 2.0

I like Dragonblasters idea. Fix shoulders

Add attachable armour pieces so you can make him BG Roboto or normal one

Make both hands removeable so when they do make WP3 w/ silver Trap Jaw pieces he can have a double blaster and single one

Stratos 2.0

Fix wings ala TRU Stratos

Give him gripping hands and weapons, maybe a spear or staff of some sort, a sword, maybe a shield (The 4HM can come up w/ somthing great I'm sure)

Green Goddess 2.0

Fix exploding crotch issue

Maybe a unique head this time out

2.0 body style w/ softer skirt

Maybe the wand from the mini comic

That's about all I can think of. King Hsss of course but I fixed mine so who knows what they could give him. Maybe more Serpent stuff and artifacts from the 200x toon??
    Last edited by hlinhk128; October 11, 2011 at 03:55pm.

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    5) Keldor (200X toy Inspiration - TG has mentioned that it is in the master list of Re-Deco figures)
    He has? Why? I mean I don't see the need for a 200X toy inspired version when the 200X toy was just the Skeletor figure bare feet and all with the Keldor head. The MOTUC actually was a better realization of the character as it gave him boots and a more accurate cape as well as the non-Skeletor arms. Unless we're just talking a change in expression so that he's frowning like the 200x figure and adding the 200x swords and alternate acid-burned head, I'm baffled by the calls for another Keldor already. And even with those changes, I don't know why Toyguru would consider him an important one to redo.
    Last edited by gbagok; October 11, 2011 at 09:14pm.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    just off the top of my head...

teela
    stratos
    catra
    goddess
    hordak

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

as is often the case I break this down into so many levels.

Technically speaking any female figure that doesnt have waist articulation in her dress needs a 2.0 version now.

Any figure with backwards shoulders should be on the list as well.

However that being said, I feel that the precedent set by Bubble Power She-Ra should be followed, and any "2.0" should have improved figure, but also added value.

So for instance Hiss could have fixed shoulders, but perhaps a 200x head and a few more snakes on his snake form? I dont want the 200x Hiss head or anything, but that kind of thing makes them so much better.

So many of my "2.0" variant wants would actually be variants of some form. I certainly dont want "just" fixed versions. Give me a reason to display both, since I already have the first version.

The funny thing is the only figures I think need a "2.0" version is the girls and the shoulder crew. But i wouldnt want to have 2 of nearly any of those figures. Sigh... at least I wanted a 2nd she-ra to put on Swift wind, and now I do.

What am I going to do with a new and better teela? Or am I to get rid of the original, because I dont need two basically the same figure.

I guess I'm just confused about what is a true 2.0 because really as has been said, basically these are just repaints or variants.

What would I fix? The only thing I can really think of is a Webstor 2.0 with working backpack. Or a place to store the newly removable string, like a lasso belt loop.

Or maybe Tytus & Megator 2.0, with actual full articulation (and a better or at least smaller version of the weapon Tytus came with)

Basically I'm really happy with what we've gotten.

Isnt the original re-release of He-Man & to a lesser extent Skeletor already "2.0" editions, because they "corrected" things? People forget about that. hehe. I have the original version so never compaired the differences, but I like what I got so...

I already kinda want a Fisto 2.0 so that he can have a smooth metal hand (as I remember it, sorry 200x details) or both, but with a redesign of the armour to work more like Optik, where his desig goes down to his belt, but he can still have ab-crunch. And maybe a new back piece without that huge sword holder, for if you dont want to use the 200x sword (or are giving it to Battle fist, like me) and not have it look kinda tacky.

Ok, I guess I had more improvements than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Isnt the original re-release of He-Man & to a lesser extent Skeletor already "2.0" editions, because they "corrected" things? People forget about that. hehe. I have the original version so never compaired the differences, but I like what I got so...
    This is why I don't want a second version, just a alternate head for He-Man packed with some other character that would seem appropriate. Skeletor got a second head, He-Man should too.

Motuc 2.0

Letīs see if we can get a 12-figure line-up that would not only meet fan-demand but justify production. This list shall contain ONLY previously released figures that urgently need an update/correction due to manufacturing errors and QC issues, sold out too fast or have more than one display option that leads to fan-demand being higher than the initial production number(s).

I see that line-up as a potential one-year subscription, so customers are "forced" again to take all 12 figures. This will guarantee sell-outs even of figures, that Mattel isnīt sure of their sell-out success. e.g. straight re-releases like Fisto.

1) He-Man 2.0 - With hold-aloft-the-sword wrist
    2) Teela - Highly fan-demanded and with Weapons Pack 3 there are 3 different display options available - regular head, helmeted head and Weapons Pack armor
    3) Goddess - Due to the manufacturing process, ALL Goddess figures will break eventually, resulting in incomplete collections everywhere.
    4) Roboto - with corrected shoulders and unbreaking torso - reason see Goddess: ALL collectors will eventually have a broken Roboto and therefore an essential character missing in their collections
    5) King Hssss - with corrected shoulders and added Snake to the snakeform, true to his vintage pendant
    6) Single carded Prince Adam - with missing sword holder on his vest
    7) Snout Spout with unbreaking trunk
    8) Sorceress without drums and easily detachable/interchangeable wings/cape
    11) Stinkor - with corrected forearms and painted details at his weapon.
    12) Fisto - 2 display options and highly fan-demanded, sold out way too fast for many collectors

What else is there? Can we get another 2 figures? And would you all agree on the list so far?
    I COULD see Frosta in the mix, too. But somehow I wonder if she would be such a neccessity, since her QC issue can be so easily corrected.
    Last edited by DJ Force; March 26, 2013 at 02:14pm.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Sorceress, where they do the wings correctly and use the ToD Sorceress hips.

I have no suggestions, but I think that's a wonderful idea!

Truth be told, I'd even be happy with a "correction pack", containing just Roboto buck casted in proper plastic, a green 1.0 pelvis for Green Goddess, etc. etc. in order to be able to heat-and-pop all that inplace by ourselves...
    Last edited by GozzoMan; March 26, 2013 at 10:16am.
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Probably better off going with a six figure line-up. a twelve figure sub would be a much harder sell. This group of 2.0s would sell well I would think:

Teela
    Sorceress
    Roboto
    Goddess
    Fisto
    Shadow Weaver (obviously different from the sub exclusive version)