Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Figures That Deserves The 2.0 Treatment.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
    As cool as this sounds (I like it personally ), I dont see us all rising to the occassion in terms of making this sub happen financially (if it was to ever be offered). We're already paying enough for the regular sub and would probably have to have multiple subscriptions to this 2.0 sub to make it happen. Even if they were made in lower numbers, then sadly that would probably result in the costing more. Imagine if it was $30 a figure

All that aside, I think a re-done Sorceress would be great!
    I agree. Unfortunately I don't see enough people out there right now wanting these figures again with minor changes to justify production. As much as it'd be cool for everyone to have Teela, Fisto, Sorceress,etc, I don't see re-releases happening. Personally, I'm not paying $40 for a new Stinkor, a Fisto I already have, etc.

I think people's best bet is to push for releases like 200x Sorceress, or variant change, like the King Grayskull re-release.

I think this is a good idea.....AFTER Club Eternia is finished and all the vintage figures from all the era's are out of the way.

Teela 2.0 must have a Filmation Head!

3) Roboto -
    • Corrected Shoulders
    • Improved torso/plastic
    • Have both hands be removeable
    • 2 sets of the same 200x inspired guns
    • Warrior/200x style head
    • 200x style armor piece over front of chest
    • Could do without the internal mechanical aspects

I think he is worth getting a second look.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Would love a new teela but the rest I would have to pass on. When these figures break I will give them to Toy Guru at NYCC or SDCC where ever just so he can my broken figures. But no way would I spend another 37 on Snout Spout. Already did that. I would buy a new Snout Spout head for sure but...
    These things are really expensive and unjustifiable these days so spending 37 dollars AGAIN just because Matty screwed up the first time no thanks.

Pale Tone Stratos- wings can detach and move
    Minicomic Red Beastman
    Anatomically correct Stinkor (forearms
    He Man (any of the early minicomic versions)
    Trap Jaw from The Menace of Trap Jaw (muted DemoMan color, Vikor legs and boots, exchange furry loincloth for Man-E-Faces trunks-get some kind of striped effect albeit horizontal, exchange Kronis head for boxy prosthetic arm, exchange traditional Trap Jaw weapons for Roboto’s in TJ colors for variant value).
    Goddess
    Teela
    Fisto with no sword holder or a bracket like Mer Mans so his armor is continuous
    Looking to buy or trade sealed M.U.S.C.L.E. 4-Packs. I can PM you pictures if you'd like to trade.

There's a girl in the garden.
    What?
    In the garden, there is a girl!

Personally I just want them to make things right on Snout Spout, Roboto, and Goddess because these are figures that will be not be able to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    I agree. Unfortunately I don't see enough people out there right now wanting these figures again with minor changes to justify production. As much as it'd be cool for everyone to have Teela, Fisto, Sorceress,etc, I don't see re-releases happening. Personally, I'm not paying $40 for a new Stinkor, a Fisto I already have, etc.

I think people's best bet is to push for releases like 200x Sorceress, or variant change, like the King Grayskull re-release.
    I agree with you on all counts. It's fun to think about, will never happen, and you can get a little creative. I will approach this in the most realistic (not idealistic) types of variants or redos. Like, if this were to happen, there's no way they would completely re-engineer Sorceress. At most, they'll give her the new hips piece, a repaint, and maybe a new accessory.

So here's just a few, with no thought to a number of slots in a year or anything.

1. He-Man - "Sword Aloft He-Man" with the new wrist, maybe a slight repaint, or a retooled chest piece without the red dots. Unrealistic addition: Filmationize it with all that plus retooled belt and bracers with no dots.
    2. King Hsss - "Our Bad King Hsss" with corrected shoulders, maybe a new paint deco but probably not cause that'd tick people off. Unrealistic addition: 200X head. We need King John Lithgow Hsss back.
    3. Goddess - "Yeah, Oops, Our Bad Again Goddess" with the modern body, better parts totes obvz. Unrealistic addition: I can't think of one...
    4. Sorceress - "Okay, Geez, We Goofed Again Sorceress" with just a normal body, 200X colors. Unrealistic addition:New back piece like Buzz-Offs with plug-in 200X wings.
    5. Frosta - "We'll Pay You Back For That One Frosta" with the slightest redeco in redeco history to make her look right, corrected arms, ice weapons (translucent version of Teela's sword or Evil Lyn's knife or Castaspella's blast). Unrealistic addition: I'm not sure.
    6. Roboto - "Well To Be Fair, Y'all Didn't Notice It For Weeks Roboto" with the arms in the right dang spots. Repainted silver Trap Jaw weapons. Both arms swappable (Basically using Horde Prime's left arm) Unrealistic addition:200X clip-on armor and boot pieces.
    7. Draego-Man - "Green or Purple Draego-Man Because That Would Rule And You'll Buy Him Again Anyway Draego-Man" because seriously, that would be really awesome.
    8. Beastman - "Sorry He's So Rare So He's a Minor Variant That Should Have Been a TRU Repaint Instead of She-Ra Since We Didn't Do Anything with Her Anyway Beastman" - Redbeast redeco. Unrealistic addition: FLOCKING! HE'S FUZZY!
    9. Two-Bad - "We Haven't Gotten To Him Yet But You Know You'll Love It Two-Bad, or Mr. Good Pair" - 200X style reverse repaint because that was the coolest thing EVER. Unrealistic addition: His very existence.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    1) He-Man 2.0- Everybody knows how should he come.

2) Teela 2.0 - 2.0 buck - Stright Up Filmation variant.

3) Skeletor 2.0 - Filmation variant, since the current one is SOLD OUT for good.

4) Frosta - As MGM said, Mattel utterly screwed her from top to the bottom.

5) Evil-Lyn - 2.0 Buck - Filmation & 200X variant.

6) Adora - Granny pan..... well, nuff said ! 2.0 Buck.

7) Sorceress - FOR THE LOVE OF MOTUC, make her RIGHT with wings like Shadow Weaver design !

For Roboto & King Hiss, I want them as 200X variants cuase they ROCK in that style. And for Prince Adam, a TRU repaint in Filmation colours would have been awesome. But they can STILL make him that way. Snout Spout 200X head should be included with a future figure, period !
    Last edited by TUC138; March 26, 2013 at 09:45pm.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    Throw in a "Toy Accurate" She Ra, and I'm happy!!
    Please Give My MOTUC Sale Thread A Look! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...easts-For-Sale
    I have a new Thread in the Vintage Marketplace! Check it out!! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209217
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would love a Teela 2.0!!!
    Been on about that for quite some time.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

If it was a choice between this line existing, and the resources being put into ANY other single new MOTU figure, I would choose the latter. Even if it was Disco Skeletor.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Awesome Idea! Sorceress also needs a spell casting hand and we totally need a complete new Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Letīs see if we can get a 12-figure line-up that would not only meet fan-demand but justify production. This list shall contain ONLY previously released figures that urgently need an update/correction due to manufacturing errors and QC issues, sold out too fast or have more than one display option that leads to fan-demand being higher than the initial production number(s).

I see that line-up as a potential one-year subscription, so customers are "forced" again to take all 12 figures. This will guarantee sell-outs even of figures, that Mattel isnīt sure of their sell-out success. e.g. straight re-releases like Fisto.

1) He-Man 2.0 - With hold-aloft-the-sword wrist
    2) Teela - Highly fan-demanded and with Weapons Pack 3 there are 3 different display options available - regular head, helmeted head and Weapons Pack armor
    3) Goddess - Due to the manufacturing process, ALL Goddess figures will break eventually, resulting in incomplete collections everywhere.
    4) Roboto - with corrected shoulders and unbreaking torso - reason see Goddess: ALL collectors will eventually have a broken Roboto and therefore an essential character missing in their collections
    5) King Hssss - with corrected shoulders and added Snake to the snakeform, true to his vintage pendant
    6) Single carded Prince Adam - with missing sword holder on his vest
    7) Snout Spout with unbreaking trunk
    8) Sorceress without drums and easily detachable/interchangeable wings/cape
    11) Stinkor - with corrected forearms and painted details at his weapon.
    12) Fisto - 2 display options and highly fan-demanded, sold out way too fast for many collectors

What else is there? Can we get another 2 figures? And would you all agree on the list so far?
    I COULD see Frosta in the mix, too. But somehow I wonder if she would be such a neccessity, since her QC issue can be so easily corrected.
    Not going to happen! All that would be a complete waste of the limited resources MOTUC's has each year. People want a 12 figure year with NEW characters they don't alrady have not updated versions of figures already released that you feel need fixing. This line gets a certain number of Sku's per year and right now TG's mission is to finish up the remaining Vintage MOTU, POP & filmation characters through 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    I see that line-up as a potential one-year subscription, so customers are "forced" again to take all 12 figures. This will guarantee sell-outs even of figures, that Mattel isnīt sure of their sell-out success. e.g. straight re-releases like Fisto.
    Seriously, how many people do you actually think would want to be "forced" to buy all of them again? I have them all and I have no desire/want/need to spend another $400.00+ on stuff I already have. Minor tweaks are not enough to make me want a figure I am already sitting here looking at.

If people are saying yes to that idea of re-issues of these figures purely from the standpoint of reselling them, than that is the biggest mistake you could make. A second full run of these would make them some of the MOST produced figures out there. You wouldn't even be able to give them away.

Heroic Warrior
    While I would want a few 2.0s, I would not want to be forced to get a straight re-issue of something I already have. People used to request the same thing with hard to find JLU figures. It isn't fair to punish those who were lucky enough to get the figures the first time by making them buy them again in order to get a few new items.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Fair enough. Then please do come up with ideas how to fill the gaps with different figures.
    Goddess, Roboto and Snout Spout will eventually be gone from everybodys collection, so my lucky guess is that most collectors will indeed want to get a second chance on these figures - if they are corrected and will hold as long as all the other figures.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

The only "fix" I'm really wanting is a better Snout Spout head that'll last.

There are quite a few variants and repaints and such that I'd like, however, such as the minicomics Stratos, red Beast Man, etc.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

If they re do Shadow Weaver I want the $100 back I paid for mine

Movie mayhem!
    I'd like to see some delux and 200x versions done of core characters:

Big scaled Beastman

Battle Damaged leo faker

200x Teela

200x Buzzoff

Big scaled Clawful

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Single carded Cringer WITH articulation!!!

Also this:
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Teela 2.0 must have a Filmation Head!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    Seriously, how many people do you actually think would want to be "forced" to buy all of them again? I have them all and I have no desire/want/need to spend another $400.00+ on stuff I already have. Minor tweaks are not enough to make me want a figure I am already sitting here looking at.

If people are saying yes to that idea of re-issues of these figures purely from the standpoint of reselling them, than that is the biggest mistake you could make. A second full run of these would make them some of the MOST produced figures out there. You wouldn't even be able to give them away.
    It it's a separate sub line no one would be "forced" to do anything.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    It it's a separate sub line no one would be "forced" to do anything.
    They would be "forced" if they put 2.0's with straight re-issues and someone just wanted the new versions.

I think the best option for many characters would be Filmation versions: similar enough to the original version that most people who don't have that character should be satisfied, but different enough that people who have the original version would still want them. That said, I can't see this happening until at least 2016.
    Last edited by Super He-Man; March 28, 2013 at 09:02am.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    A while back I did some Pshop mockups for the best candidates to receive this treatment, obviously done before we knew we were getting Keldor swords and such . . .

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Well done Lay Ze-Man, I would only add the longer Loincloth both to He-Man and Stratos, the softer one to he-man to let him ride BattleCat!