Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Figures That Deserves The 2.0 Treatment.....

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    ...same way customers are "forced" right now to buy figures they donīt want, such as I was forced to buy an Eternos Palace King Randor. You canīt always please everybody. Thereīs a certain amount of hit and miss everywhere. But figures you donīt like (such as the straight re-release Fisto), others might want to buy cause they missed out. And since most if not all of the straight re-release characters are those with alternate head and therefore a second display option, customers might indeed want to get and keep a second one, to display both versions of said character.
    The problem as I see it and I know i'm not alone in this is Mattel needs a certain number of figures to be ordered through the Factory or the price goes very high. Mattel has looked at how many people realistically want or ask for reissues of characters like fisto and they have concluded the support just isn't in the numbers they need to go back into production. They don't want to be sitting on stock they have to pay storage on. So as nice as your Idea might be, logistically it's not going to happen. The numbers just are not there so for you to continue with this really is pointless since Mattel just won't do it.

I agree on Fisto. I'm got him myself, but it's weird how there just weren't enough of him.

Teela is definitely popular enough to warrant a reissue, too. I understand that reissues sometimes don't sell out, but I think enough time has passed on this one. Give her a softer tunic like the Evil-Lyns and she'll be perfect.

Definitely want a Roboto release. My initial figure and replacement are both cracked now and he's getting pricey enough on the secondary market that it's not worth the gamble to pay $50 and hope he doesn't break. Plus, the paint was generally pretty sloppy on that release compared to just about every other figure so far. My issues with the shoulders took a distant back seat to the cracks and paint, but now that we've got properly tooled shoulders we could have a figure that's really great. As a bonus, we've got tooling or 2 removable hands.

I do think that some of these issues could possibly be covered with variants, if we wanted to clear out some space in this hypothetical lineup or make this lineup more appealing. The only problem I'd have with a subscription like this is I'd personally find it insulting to pay $5-$7 more for a non defective figure with no new parts.

For example, Roboto 2.0 really should be a 200X Roboto. He'd be the same figure as before, but add an additional 200X head, some slip-on silver armor and maybe change something about the hand attachments.

If a King Hsss reissue is out of the question, include an amped up snake torso with a 200X version.

I don't care if I ever get a Filmation He-Man, but I say do it because people want it. Keep it "Classicized" by using the same basic He-Man but with the simplified harness and a new head. If you add that wrist joint, people will buy extra to swap out parts with their other He-Men.

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Not just for vehicles and beasts, but there are a lot of palyset which could be involved with a smaller scale, the final proper scaled castle grayskull, Eternia Playest, filmation horde tanks and fighters ..... Motuc are not just action figures are 15% made of playset and 30% of vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamblo View Post
    Not just for vehicles and beasts, but there are a lot of palyset which could be involved with a smaller scale, the final proper scaled castle grayskull, Eternia Playest, filmation horde tanks and fighters ..... Motuc are not just action figures are 15% made of playset and 30% of vehicles!
    I'm confused Mamblo...Your reply doesn't make sence. This thread is about DJ Force wanting a MOTUC 2.0 subscription to fix the characters like Roboto, King Hsss, Snout Spout with quatity controle problems. It has nothing to do with Playsets or vehicles since we don't have a playset yet and the only vehicle we have is wind raider.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Letīs see if we can get a 12-figure line-up that would not only meet fan-demand but justify production. This list shall contain ONLY previously released figures that urgently need an update/correction due to manufacturing errors and QC issues, sold out too fast or have more than one display option that leads to fan-demand being higher than the initial production number(s).

I see that line-up as a potential one-year subscription, so customers are "forced" again to take all 12 figures. This will guarantee sell-outs even of figures, that Mattel isnīt sure of their sell-out success. e.g. straight re-releases like Fisto.

1) He-Man 2.0 - With hold-aloft-the-sword wrist
    2) Teela - Highly fan-demanded and with Weapons Pack 3 there are 3 different display options available - regular head, helmeted head and Weapons Pack armor
    3) Goddess - Due to the manufacturing process, ALL Goddess figures will break eventually, resulting in incomplete collections everywhere.
    4) Roboto - with corrected shoulders and unbreaking torso - reason see Goddess: ALL collectors will eventually have a broken Roboto and therefore an essential character missing in their collections
    5) King Hssss - with corrected shoulders and added Snake to the snakeform, true to his vintage pendant
    6) Single carded Prince Adam - with missing sword holder on his vest
    7) Snout Spout with unbreaking trunk
    8) Sorceress without drums and easily detachable/interchangeable wings/cape
    11) Stinkor - with corrected forearms and painted details at his weapon.
    12) Fisto - 2 display options and highly fan-demanded, sold out way too fast for many collectors

What else is there? Can we get another 2 figures? And would you all agree on the list so far?
    I COULD see Frosta in the mix, too. But somehow I wonder if she would be such a neccessity, since her QC issue can be so easily corrected.
    With respect to your opinion and the point of this thread, I say let the past go as these re-issues would require slots better suited for new never produced figures. I've asked Scott in person about even going back to production on the Snake Men 2-pack to produce in different colors, and he said this would require a full development slot. So, with this in mind, do we really want the slots you mentioned pulled from new development simply to correct shoulders or make a He-man who can hold his sword aloft? Personally I say it's not worth the effort.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I'm confused Mamblo...Your reply doesn't make sence. This thread is about DJ Force wanting a MOTUC 2.0 subscription to fix the characters like Roboto, King Hsss, Snout Spout with quatity controle problems. It has nothing to do with Playsets or vehicles since we don't have a playset yet and the only vehicle we have is wind raider.
    I started a conversation w Mamblo on the side about a different scale down the road. Down the road if figures are similair I was thinking that q.c. issues particular to a specific character would be caught ahead of time.(It is a pipe dream of mine to have reissues- the best would be to get to new characters for other fans and for Mattel).
    A smaller scale would make playsets/vehicles easier? I'm looking forward to a 2015 and 2016 6" line still

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    I am going add Sorceress in this list !

------

wait a minute guys, I started a similar thread way back in 2011 !

Now unify these "championships" Mods !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Instead of straight re-releases, I'd much rather see 2.0 updates like...

Hordak: Filmation version with new headsculpt.

Teela: Filmation attire with a blonde version of her original headsculpt and extra 200X-styled head (No snake armor/accessories necessary)

Goddess: Opaque green plastic, stable crotch & neck pieces, and new comic-accurate tunic.

Sorceress: Flexible wings similar to Shadow Weaver's sleeves so that she can easily sit down and pose...Include an extra "Sorceress Teela" head.

Alright - I'll play

1. He-Man - needs Filmation version and more accurate vingate face
    2. Man-E-Faces - just the vintage toy colors
    3. Trap-Jaw - only needs a vintage head without the gore in the mouth
    4. Snout--Spout - fix the broken trunk issue for FREE for anyone that bought one!
    5. Horde Prime - new head paint application instead of red on red
    6. Marzo - Filmation version please

Filmation Hordak.