Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Figures That Deserves The 2.0 Treatment.....

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    just off the top of my head...

teela
    stratos
    catra
    goddess
    hordak

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    MOTUC are perfect but my 2.0 wish list would be:

1. King Hiss - most desperately in need of 2.0, with Earn Norem inspired snake-torso. I really do detest that limp, celery stick, rabbit toothed, non-hinged jaw arm snake lame-o excuse for a King Hiss we were given. A 200x human-torso version could be basis of this re-make.

2. evil 'Avatar' Stratos with Beast-Man feet (OK, I admit that is not a 2.0 but an alternate character)

3. Count Marzo (Filmation look)

4. He-Ro with "G" armor variant

5. Filmation-head Skeletor

6. Hordak (blue - Filmation)

7. Clawful (whose shell back stays on!)

8. Tytus (taller!)

9. Sorceress (without massive pegs at the shoulders - try using Emiliano's design)

10. 'green' mini-comic Trap Jaw (potentially a new character - doesn't need to have interchangeable arms, only remodeled laser canon as per mini-comics)

11. 'red' Beast Man

12. Leo-Faker - with both orange Skeletor harness and orange He-Man harness

13. "Chopper" Jitsu with 2 over-sized golden chopping hands, as per Filmation cartoon (however it would be nice to have Jitsu himself, finally!)

14. flesh-toned Faker! - with purple Skeletor harness and Skeletor belt, as per Star Comics.

15. Toy version Catra (with tail!)

16. pink Swiftwind

Have to say I'm not seeing the problem so many others are with Adora, Teela or Goddess. Regarding Goddess and Teela, I think a mere re-issue of the existing figures using soft plastic clothes and non-shattering plastic is all that's needed. Really, other than the shattering plastic issue, the Goddess is darn near perfect. I love her!!
    "Chopper" Jitsu ????!!!

Anyway, I like your ideas Especially for Leo Faker... I would love a Kamo Khan also! But the regular one will be a killer figure!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    1. beastman- bigger body
    2. teela- better articulation & 200x head
    3. clawful- bigger with cooler head & 200x shell back & claw
    4. buzz off- new head
    5. roboto- plate armor that fits over his body like the 200x toy & a new head.
    Last edited by kylun flac; October 11, 2011 at 07:03pm.

Frankly I'm not interested in 2.0's. I'd rather see concentration on figures we have not seen. And some new buck's for guys like Ram-Man and Two-Bad.
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

-Chancellor Palpatine

My 2.0 wishlist:

• Filmation Prince Adam, and with a less creepy face
    • Filmation King Randor
    • 200X Buzz-Off
    • 2.0Bad ( Never mind 1.0 isn't out there...let's just call it 2.0Bad? )

Golems for 2016!
    Cringer and Goddess

Since KG and She-Ra 2.0 have shown us that the basics of a 2.0 release need to be the same, with only minor deco changes or additional armor pieces that, yes, can create variants...I could see the following worthy of 2.0:

Teela - 2.0 Buck, two-piece outfit, original head with blonde hair, red staff of ka, shield, and snake armor

Evil Lyn - 2.0 Buck, two-piece outfit, helmet less head from BG EL in yellow, BG EL cape

Goddess - 2.0 Buck, two-piece outfit, strong crotch, new head, green zoar and armor/perch

Stratos, gripping hands, Staff of Avion, 200x jetpack, beast feet

Zodak - helmetless head, stronger GITD paint apps, Cosmic Enforcer Gun

Prince Adam/Orko - Sword Holder, Orko's magic trick

Adora 2.0

So in short, with Adora, people want a version like this!

Mattel could easily do this since all they need to do is use the tunic from Queen Marlena, make it red and add the sword holster on the back.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    So in short, with Adora, people want a version like this!

Mattel could easily do this since all they need to do is use the tunic from Queen Marlena, make it red and add the sword holster on the back.
    just PLEASE dont use the Battle Ground Teela hips on Adora 2.0. I HATE those legs!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Adora - Force captain Adora outfit removable like Marlena's, Female body 2, 2nd regular red outfit, horde crossbow (repainted later for a weapons pak for Catra and any other Horde lady).

Teela - female body 2, Goddess' staff, regular Teela head but with Blonde hair. Accessories in red. 2nd Younger Teela head (200X) 2nd removale 200X belt and sholder pads (Like Fisto's)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Releasing 2.0 versions of characters for Mix and Match purposes would be great. Bubble Power She-ra was a great example.
    And they definately should make a new Roboto.

Make it a Battlground version with MYP elements:
    - modern head
    - both arms interchangeable with weapon attachments
    - removable "metal" frame around the chest with rocket launcher on shoulder

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...boto-armed.jpg
    Yes! Thank you Dragonblaster

A 'WMD' Roboto v2.0 would be absolutely awesome and would fit right in with other classicised 200X figures. TG if you're reading this, please make this version of Roboto happen!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    How about Mattel just focus on getting the 1.0 versions out first and get them out correctly before going back to fix their past problems?
    Agreed; I would rather keep moving forward rather than dwelling on should've, could've, would've. If we get 2.0s, I would rather the new features released as a variant. One of the gems of this line is that it doesn't feel like all the other lines filled with second, third and more attempts at figures already released.
    Last edited by Southzen; October 20, 2011 at 12:56pm.

Teela ,Adora, Eyil Lyn, Battellground Evil Lyn, Goddess.

With the new Female buck and Wrist move.

I think I am probably the only person here who loves Teela/Goddess the way they are now, lol. I wouldn't like the cut through the waistline. I generally don't on female bucks depending on the outfit, and for the Teela tunic I just like it in one whole piece, but that's me. I think it "flows" better and it gives her a curvaceous look that doesn't really work on other figures with the waistline cut. To put it more simply, I think she is sexier with the waist restriction.

If we were to get 2.0, I definitely agree about Adora's tunic. I was actually surprised when I removed her from the card and I found out it was more like a skirt. I can see this as an issue to be addressed in the future if possible. If not, I'm not going to be too broken up about it because I love the figure regardless.

But as stated before I think moving forward with newer figures so as not to hold the line back is the way to go. If these issues can be corrected in the future, then great...but I know there are TONS of figures we all want and to retool these gals or any other fig in the line might mean some of the figs we want get pushed back.
    Leeloominaï Lekatariba Lamina-Tchaï Ekbat De Sebat

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    He-Man:Alcala head/new detailed weapons/metallic belt etc./wristjoint

Teela: soft dress/ new body/ strawberry blond hair/

Stratos: 1 gripping hand/non glued wings/ staff of Avion

Green Godess:not transparent/ soft dress/new body/ new spell casting hand

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Releasing 2.0 versions of characters for Mix and Match purposes would be great. Bubble Power She-ra was a great example.
    And they definately should make a new Roboto.

Make it a Battlground version with MYP elements:
    - modern head
    - both arms interchangeable with weapon attachments
    - removable "metal" frame around the chest with rocket launcher on shoulder

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...boto-armed.jpg

I 100% agree, that would be awesome!

I'm with a lot of other people in that I want Stratos redone. Do the 200X treatment on him and give him a 200X jet pack with wings that aren't glued. Now that we have Filmation rights give him the Staff of Avion and, of course, gripping hands (which would also hold the rocket booster handles). You could make your ultimate Stratos by switching out jet packs if you don't like the 200X version. An alternate 200X head would make it worth while for a lot of people that would otherwise be on the fence about buying this figure. Personally, the gripping hands and Staff of Avion would be enough for me.

Ideally, they would replace every figure that had backward shoulders. Not a 2.0 I know, but I just thought I'd mention it.

He-Man - I'd be satisfied with a new head only. I would like a face is more vintage and rugged. I'm good with the figure itself. More detailed weapons would be nice.

Faker - Again, I'd just like a new head. I'd be up for most anything that is a unique sculpt (robotic damaged head or just something evil looking).

King Hsss - 200X version with a mask-less face from the vintage mini-comic as an alternate head to put on the original.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, Faker with a different face sculpt, more agressiv and cardback colors...

If they're going to re-do the Goddess, then I hope they'd give her and accurate skirt and leave the leaf decoration off of the bottom front.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

as is often the case I break this down into so many levels.

Technically speaking any female figure that doesnt have waist articulation in her dress needs a 2.0 version now.

Any figure with backwards shoulders should be on the list as well.

However that being said, I feel that the precedent set by Bubble Power She-Ra should be followed, and any "2.0" should have improved figure, but also added value.

So for instance Hiss could have fixed shoulders, but perhaps a 200x head and a few more snakes on his snake form? I dont want the 200x Hiss head or anything, but that kind of thing makes them so much better.

So many of my "2.0" variant wants would actually be variants of some form. I certainly dont want "just" fixed versions. Give me a reason to display both, since I already have the first version.

The funny thing is the only figures I think need a "2.0" version is the girls and the shoulder crew. But i wouldnt want to have 2 of nearly any of those figures. Sigh... at least I wanted a 2nd she-ra to put on Swift wind, and now I do.

What am I going to do with a new and better teela? Or am I to get rid of the original, because I dont need two basically the same figure.

I guess I'm just confused about what is a true 2.0 because really as has been said, basically these are just repaints or variants.

What would I fix? The only thing I can really think of is a Webstor 2.0 with working backpack. Or a place to store the newly removable string, like a lasso belt loop.

Or maybe Tytus & Megator 2.0, with actual full articulation (and a better or at least smaller version of the weapon Tytus came with)

Basically I'm really happy with what we've gotten.

Isnt the original re-release of He-Man & to a lesser extent Skeletor already "2.0" editions, because they "corrected" things? People forget about that. hehe. I have the original version so never compaired the differences, but I like what I got so...

I already kinda want a Fisto 2.0 so that he can have a smooth metal hand (as I remember it, sorry 200x details) or both, but with a redesign of the armour to work more like Optik, where his desig goes down to his belt, but he can still have ab-crunch. And maybe a new back piece without that huge sword holder, for if you dont want to use the 200x sword (or are giving it to Battle fist, like me) and not have it look kinda tacky.

Ok, I guess I had more improvements than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Isnt the original re-release of He-Man & to a lesser extent Skeletor already "2.0" editions, because they "corrected" things? People forget about that. hehe. I have the original version so never compaired the differences, but I like what I got so...
    This is why I don't want a second version, just a alternate head for He-Man packed with some other character that would seem appropriate. Skeletor got a second head, He-Man should too.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Faker - I'd really like to see him with a unique "angry" headsculpt and maybe a battle-damaged one too.

Cringer - articulated and a little bigger

Green Goddess - solid instead of translucent this time

Stratos - fix the wings and give him the Staff of Avion and the Egg of Avion

He-Man - I'd like to see a 2.0 He-Man with a new headsculpt and facial expression

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    He-man Improved ankles. A serious closed mouth face sculpt. New shield with handle instead of grip. Harness in the back comes with a sword sheath.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Faker with an angry Face that would be removeable and reveals a robotic one would be awesome

Motuc 2.0

Letīs see if we can get a 12-figure line-up that would not only meet fan-demand but justify production. This list shall contain ONLY previously released figures that urgently need an update/correction due to manufacturing errors and QC issues, sold out too fast or have more than one display option that leads to fan-demand being higher than the initial production number(s).

I see that line-up as a potential one-year subscription, so customers are "forced" again to take all 12 figures. This will guarantee sell-outs even of figures, that Mattel isnīt sure of their sell-out success. e.g. straight re-releases like Fisto.

1) He-Man 2.0 - With hold-aloft-the-sword wrist
    2) Teela - Highly fan-demanded and with Weapons Pack 3 there are 3 different display options available - regular head, helmeted head and Weapons Pack armor
    3) Goddess - Due to the manufacturing process, ALL Goddess figures will break eventually, resulting in incomplete collections everywhere.
    4) Roboto - with corrected shoulders and unbreaking torso - reason see Goddess: ALL collectors will eventually have a broken Roboto and therefore an essential character missing in their collections
    5) King Hssss - with corrected shoulders and added Snake to the snakeform, true to his vintage pendant
    6) Single carded Prince Adam - with missing sword holder on his vest
    7) Snout Spout with unbreaking trunk
    8) Sorceress without drums and easily detachable/interchangeable wings/cape
    11) Stinkor - with corrected forearms and painted details at his weapon.
    12) Fisto - 2 display options and highly fan-demanded, sold out way too fast for many collectors

What else is there? Can we get another 2 figures? And would you all agree on the list so far?
    I COULD see Frosta in the mix, too. But somehow I wonder if she would be such a neccessity, since her QC issue can be so easily corrected.
    Last edited by DJ Force; March 26, 2013 at 02:14pm.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!