Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Figures That Deserves The 2.0 Treatment.....

Sorceress, where they do the wings correctly and use the ToD Sorceress hips.

Frosta could work if nothing else to correct that horrible off white color and give her a true bright white. I could also say the Star Sisters to get their vintage prototype colors but I could see that causing a riot.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Hurricane Hordak with no flaking VAC gold and no back dial and get rid of the flat abs!
    Dragon Blaster Skeletor with no black plastic underneath and more vintage accurate dragon head (with open jaws) and remouvable chains.
    Last edited by Mamblo; March 26, 2013 at 10:53am.

I have no suggestions, but I think that's a wonderful idea!

Truth be told, I'd even be happy with a "correction pack", containing just Roboto buck casted in proper plastic, a green 1.0 pelvis for Green Goddess, etc. etc. in order to be able to heat-and-pop all that inplace by ourselves...
    Last edited by GozzoMan; March 26, 2013 at 10:16am.
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Probably better off going with a six figure line-up. a twelve figure sub would be a much harder sell. This group of 2.0s would sell well I would think:

Teela
    Sorceress
    Roboto
    Goddess
    Fisto
    Shadow Weaver (obviously different from the sub exclusive version)

How about a non-deteriorating Snout Spout?

I was actually thinking about this the other day: with being so far into the line, it seems like a smart idea for Mattel and try to do something like this as a sub. I would advocate for them doing nothing truly "new", but would love to see 6 of the main characters reoffered as sort of a 'catch up' sub for folks coming into the line. Let Mattel propose the sub and see if they get enough subscribers to make it worthwhile.

Perhaps He-Man, Teela, Man-at-Arms, Sorceress, Hordak,and She-Ra (there seem to be tons of Skeletors floating around). With those figures in their collections, perhaps newer fans will feel more secure in beginning a new collection.
    Last edited by Barbecue17; March 26, 2013 at 10:30am.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Redo Fisto to get rid of the huge basket on his back, get rid of the flat silver ab section.

Redo Teela with the waist swivel, corrected bracelets & some Filmation accessories.

Sorceress could use more Shadow Weaver style wings, after all, in her Human form the wings are a cape, not actual wings (Sorceress doesn't fly, Zoar does) and attached at her wrists.
    In doing that it would eliminate the pegs and enhance her ability to spread the cape correctly when her arms are out. A longer skirt or shorter crotch piece and swivel thighs.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    ...none of this will ever happen. Just saying.

Honestly, other than a Teela 2.0 with the new waist articulation, I'm not interested in buying these figures again. All the others on your list I accept as they are or I've fixed them myself.

Frosta should definitely be included!
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

I'd like to see a more toy-accurate He-Man.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    For me I'd say:

1) Stinkor - corrected forearms
    2) King Hiss - corrected shoulders and improved ankle joint mold
    3) Roboto - corrected shoulders and improved torso plastic
    4) Teela - improved female mold
    5) Frosta - re-deco white color
    6) Snout Spout - improved foam material for snout
    7) Goddess - improved translucent plastic use
    8) Faceless One - a true "faceless" face
    9) Castle Grayskull - even though not released yet, improved scale version
    10) Panthor - flocked version
    11) Horde Prime - non-monochromatic red face
    12) Queen Marlena - silver space suit re-deco
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; March 26, 2013 at 11:53am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by eCollector View Post
    ...none of this will ever happen. Just saying.
    I guess everything we talk about on message boards has to be reality....damn, go figure. Guys, let's close the thread now....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    Sorceress, where they do the wings correctly and use the ToD Sorceress hips.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Sorceress could use more Shadow Weaver style wings, after all, in her Human form the wings are a cape, not actual wings (Sorceress doesn't fly, Zoar does) and attached at her wrists.
    In doing that it would eliminate the pegs and enhance her ability to spread the cape correctly when her arms are out. A longer skirt or shorter crotch piece and swivel thighs.
    Well that is a great idea. I agree 100%. Actually Sorceress is the perfect candidate to a fabric cape/wings. Since it is a cape in the catoon.

Quote Originally Posted by skelethon View Post
    Probably better off going with a six figure line-up. a twelve figure sub would be a much harder sell. This group of 2.0s would sell well I would think:

Teela
    Sorceress
    Roboto
    Goddess
    Fisto
    Shadow Weaver (obviously different from the sub exclusive version)
    I agree, 12 figures is too much. The only problem with this or the original idea is that some of us already have this characters. But I agree that Roboto, Goddess and Shadow Weaver are highly needed. Also there is the problem of Snout Spout trunk, but he is not a high demanded character. As for SW, she could be the exclusive in this new sub, so there is no need to be different. I know the sub exclusive is an "exclusive" but many of us were not collecting at that time to get the SW sub. The only people who are not going to benefit from a new SW release are the ones selling her at high prices on ebay.

As for the other characters mentioned, I really don't need another Stinkor or King Hiss 2.0. May be a 200X King Hiss with swapable parts could be a better solution. Snout Spout head could be added with a low tooling figure since the body is not bad. But character like Sorceress, Roboto and Goddess require a complete remake. There is no way to easy fix that.

Heroic Warrior
    Well I'm going to answer this differently as I don't see them redoing already finished figures unless it's several years from now. So I'll pick variants that are less likely within the next 2 years:

1. Snake Armor He-Man
    2. 200X "Battle Ground" King Hssss with imposing Snake form
    3. Filmation Clawful with a "modern (see 200X)" head pack in
    4. 200X Captain/Battle Armor King Randor
    5. 200X Battle Armor Queen Marlena
    6. 200X Sorceress

And really more than 6 would be pushing it as an add-on to the regular sub IMO. But if you needed 12, these are some others people have wanted:

7. Filmation Hordak
    8. 200X Teela
    9. 200X Adam
    10. 200X General Rattlor
    11. 200X Evil Lyn
    12. Mini Comics Trap Jaw

Here how this could be done realistically ...

This will cost Mattel no extra money for sculpts since everything already exist, so they will be cheaper to make than a brand new figure so more profit for them!

6 figure mini sub - doesn't take away any figures from the main line. If you do not need these you do not need to order it.
    Pre-order only - Mattel is unlikely to take any chance on re-issues unless they know for sure they will sell out.
    No DOS figures - see above. no extras no risk.
    Fan voted figures - I don't trust Mattel to guess what we might want

I would love to see:
    1. Teela - new style buck
    2. Fisto - same as before just re-issued
    3. Ram Man - same as before just re-issued
    4. Roboto - fixed version
    5. Goddess - fixed version
    6. Shadow Weaver - would have to be a different version somehow. This figure should have never been a club exclusive.

Very good Thread.

Hordak with full armor.

I could see them doing Teela with new buck, and cutting out some of the accessories (we got all but Zoar with the weapons pack which there is still plenty of around).

I could see a Roboto and Goddess which somehow fixes the breaking problem.

Snout spout with a new trunk would be interesting but I am not sure what the fan demand is for the character. Kind of a similar problem with Goddess.

Shadow Weaver give her a slightly different paint color. I also doubt they would reissue figures that had parts reversed, since really not a hard thing to fix.

I could see them doing Fisto but with fewer accessories also.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Roboto for sure, Mattel totally screwed this figure...

Jitsu-new, more vintagelike head

Green Goddess-new head and better materials...

If Mattel did 2.0 versions of some of these - specifically things like a non-breaking Goddess or shoulder-corrected non-cracking Roboto - a lot of people would demand, not unreasonably, that they could exchange the old, faulty versions for them.

Thanks a lot for the input so far.

I added Snout Spount and the Sorceress to the mix, as they indeed urgently need fixing. Snout Spout for his desintegrating trunk and the Sorceress for the flaws that Design made with those horrible drums and the execution of the wings.
    Ah heck, I´ll add Frosta with corrected forearms and improved colors in a bit, too.

All in all, this sub could very well be split into two 6-figure subs. But it wasn´t my intention to have it replace the regular sub.
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Snout spout with a new trunk would be interesting but I am not sure what the fan demand is for the character.
    Give Snout Spout his 200X head with plastic trunk and watch his popularity rise.

Frosta would definitely need a new figure. Face it, Mattel jacked that one completely up. New Filmation head with correct painted hair, painted back, ice beam and ice weapon and white paint instead of gray.

Teela, but instead of packing in Pre-Filmation Zoar, bird armor and bird perch, pack in her Alcala blonde ponytailed head as an extra.

King Hsss with corrected shoulders, Earl Norem snake form and Bruce Timm maskless mini-comic head.

Fisto with new armor that can hold vintage sword instead of 200X buster sword.

Stinkor with corrected forearms.

Roboto with NEW forearm weapons and corrected shoulders.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

The only one I believe we have a chance at is He-Man. Now that we have NA He-Man I think eventually we'll get an updated He-Man with the new wrist articulation. However, I want a newly sculpted head on him. The more human figures that come out with really awesome face sculpts the more I hate He-Man's head. His face in the original line was so awesome and I have to look at the Classics He-Man with He-Man's body with a Ken doll head every time I look into my display case.

I don't think there is a chance of any other figures getting the 2.0 treatment.

As cool as this sounds (I like it personally ), I dont see us all rising to the occassion in terms of making this sub happen financially (if it was to ever be offered). We're already paying enough for the regular sub and would probably have to have multiple subscriptions to this 2.0 sub to make it happen. Even if they were made in lower numbers, then sadly that would probably result in the costing more. Imagine if it was $30 a figure

All that aside, I think a re-done Sorceress would be great!
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.