Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Figures That Deserves The 2.0 Treatment.....

My name is Lich Leech and I approve of this message.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Actually I hope for better overall quality for motuc line..... Too many flaws...

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    They would be "forced" if they put 2.0's with straight re-issues and someone just wanted the new versions.
    ...same way customers are "forced" right now to buy figures they donīt want, such as I was forced to buy an Eternos Palace King Randor. You canīt always please everybody. Thereīs a certain amount of hit and miss everywhere. But figures you donīt like (such as the straight re-release Fisto), others might want to buy cause they missed out. And since most if not all of the straight re-release characters are those with alternate head and therefore a second display option, customers might indeed want to get and keep a second one, to display both versions of said character.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Australian MOTU Fanatic! Aussie Stinkor's Avatar
    Nice to have these but they would be a waste of mattel resources when they can invest in unreleased figures.

I would like a vintage he-man head add in one day.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    ...same way customers are "forced" right now to buy figures they donīt want, such as I was forced to buy an Eternos Palace King Randor. You canīt always please everybody. Thereīs a certain amount of hit and miss everywhere. But figures you donīt like (such as the straight re-release Fisto), others might want to buy cause they missed out. And since most if not all of the straight re-release characters are those with alternate head and therefore a second display option, customers might indeed want to get and keep a second one, to display both versions of said character.

There's a big difference between not liking a particular variant and already owning it.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    10) Panthor - flocked version
    I would totally go for a flocked Panthor.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
    I would totally go for a flocked Panthor.
    But not a flocked Redbeast? Madness!

The only way I can see this happening is if Matty did an add-on subscription of variants of these characters. TG has already shot down straight reissues, and they'd have to be different enough to justify the desire for people who own the original figures to buy them. A true classicized 200x Evil-lyn on the new buck is a great example of this, but it screws over Fisto because he came with his variant.

Needless to say, I'd be up for this.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    There's a big difference between not liking a particular variant and already owning it.
    I couldnīt agree more. And the difference is, that with a figure I already own I then have the chance to display both options at once. e.g. Teela with regular head and with helmeted head/cobra harnish or Vintage Fisto and 200x Fisto.
    And if I really donīt want to display both options, then I can resell one figure and get some cash back. Usually ALL figures can be resold. If YOU donīt want to display both versions, another fan might want to.
    Positivity, folks!

Heroic Warrior
    I couldnīt agree more. And the difference is, that with a figure I already own I then have the chance to display both options at once. e.g. Teela with regular head and with helmeted head/cobra harnish or Vintage Fisto and 200x Fisto.
    And if I really donīt want to display both options, then I can resell one figure and get some cash back. Usually ALL figures can be resold. If YOU donīt want to display both versions, another fan might want to.
    You're really reaching here to make your point.

This will never happen anyway, so no real point in debating it further.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

True. It might never happen. However, I really try to understand your point.

Letīs take a look at the list so far:

1) He-Man 2.0 - With hold-aloft-the-sword wrist
    I think this one is a variant most collectors will want.

2) Teela - Highly fan-demanded and with Weapons Pack 3 there are 3 different display options available - regular head, helmeted head and Weapons Pack armor
    Straight Re-Release, but as mentioned above there are at least 3 different display options available. If they change the plastic of her dress with a softer one and give her the female 2.0 body with improved articulation, Teela will continue to be a heavy hitter. Even with those fans already owning their Teela.

3) Goddess - Due to the manufacturing process, ALL Goddess figures will break eventually, resulting in incomplete collections everywhere.
    As explained: Eventually all Goddess figures will break and fall apart - an incomplete collection is the result that can only be solved with re-issuing a corrected Goddess figure.

4) Roboto - with corrected shoulders and unbreaking torso - reason see Goddess: ALL collectors will eventually have a broken Roboto and therefore an essential character missing in their collections
    Same as Goddess.

5) King Hssss - with corrected shoulders and added Snake to the snakeform, true to his vintage pendant
    Corrected Re-Release of a character that has two display options. If you have both versions, you can discard the first torso and just use the lower body part for the snakeform.

6) Single carded Prince Adam - with missing sword holder on his vest
    This might be stretching things a bit, but a single carded Adam is still quite high on many MOC Collectorīs lists. And the added sword holder would justify opening the MOC figure to display the improved version as opposed to the first release.

7) Snout Spout with unbreaking trunk
    Eventually, most if not all Snout Spout trunks will break due to the material used. Again, as with Goddess and Roboto, resulting in an incomplete collection because of the damaged figure.

8) Sorceress without drums and easily detachable/interchangeable wings/cape
    When thinking about the limited poseability and the IMO mediocre execution of her wings, a 2.0 version will definetly perform well enough. Especially when she cannot really put her arms on the armrest of the Castle Grayskull throne. Yes, Mattel Design is looking into the possibility of a slit to fit capes and wings, but the wings are attached to her shoulders. I will gladly stand corrected, but I donīt see it happen that the Sorceress that we have will sit gracefully on the throne.

11) Stinkor - with corrected forearms and painted details at his weapon.
    Yes, this one might stretch it quite far. A straight re-release might be too less an offer to justify buying this figure. Thatīs why the line-up is a sub-only and those characters with slimmer chances of selling out will do so nevertheless. And yes, it will be the customers responsibility to resell this figure if he truly doesnīt want it, because heīs happy with the first release. Same can be said about the Star Sisters, though.

12) Fisto - 2 display options and highly fan-demanded, sold out way too fast for many collectors
    See Teela for explanation.
    Positivity, folks!

Heroic Warrior
    True. It might never happen. However, I really try to understand your point.

Letīs take a look at the list so far:

1) He-Man 2.0 - With hold-aloft-the-sword wrist
    I think this one is a variant most collectors will want.

I could go for this if it was more of a filmation variant with mix-and-match parts with the original. Think Bubble Power She-Ra.

2) Teela - Highly fan-demanded and with Weapons Pack 3 there are 3 different display options available - regular head, helmeted head and Weapons Pack armor
    Straight Re-Release, but as mentioned above there are at least 3 different display options available. If they change the plastic of her dress with a softer one and give her the female 2.0 body with improved articulation, Teela will continue to be a heavy hitter. Even with those fans already owning their Teela.
    If anyone wanted the multiple display options, they would have bought multiples already. You're also not taking into account those who already did this.
    Again, I'd be okay with a Filmation version. Unfortunately, there are less mix-and-match options since, due to the sexist nature of this line, the female figures' clothes are not removable.

3) Goddess - Due to the manufacturing process, ALL Goddess figures will break eventually, resulting in incomplete collections everywhere.
    As explained: Eventually all Goddess figures will break and fall apart - an incomplete collection is the result that can only be solved with re-issuing a corrected Goddess figure.
    You may have a point, but I think it's ridiculous to have to rebuy a figure in order to have one that isn't broken. Plus, if Mattel did this, they would just open themselves up to people who just want to exchange their old one for the new version. They can say no, but people will complain for the reason I mentioned.

4) Roboto - with corrected shoulders and unbreaking torso - reason see Goddess: ALL collectors will eventually have a broken Roboto and therefore an essential character missing in their collections
    Same as Goddess.
    See Goddess

5) King Hssss - with corrected shoulders and added Snake to the snakeform, true to his vintage pendant
    Corrected Re-Release of a character that has two display options. If you have both versions, you can discard the first torso and just use the lower body part for the snakeform.
    Not that big a difference IMO.

6) Single carded Prince Adam - with missing sword holder on his vest
    This might be stretching things a bit, but a single carded Adam is still quite high on many MOC Collectorīs lists. And the added sword holder would justify opening the MOC figure to display the improved version as opposed to the first release.
    Not that big a difference either, but maybe if they made it in Filmation colors with a Filmation sword

7) Snout Spout with unbreaking trunk
    Eventually, most if not all Snout Spout trunks will break due to the material used. Again, as with Goddess and Roboto, resulting in an incomplete collection because of the damaged figure.
    See Goddess

8) Sorceress without drums and easily detachable/interchangeable wings/cape
    When thinking about the limited poseability and the IMO mediocre execution of her wings, a 2.0 version will definetly perform well enough. Especially when she cannot really put her arms on the armrest of the Castle Grayskull throne. Yes, Mattel Design is looking into the possibility of a slit to fit capes and wings, but the wings are attached to her shoulders. I will gladly stand corrected, but I donīt see it happen that the Sorceress that we have will sit gracefully on the throne.
    I still haven't opened mine, so I don't really have an opinion on this. Definately want her to sit on her throne, but lets see what Mattel Design can do first.

11) Stinkor - with corrected forearms and painted details at his weapon.
    Yes, this one might stretch it quite far. A straight re-release might be too less an offer to justify buying this figure. Thatīs why the line-up is a sub-only and those characters with slimmer chances of selling out will do so nevertheless. And yes, it will be the customers responsibility to resell this figure if he truly doesnīt want it, because heīs happy with the first release. Same can be said about the Star Sisters, though.
    See King Hsss, only more so.

12) Fisto - 2 display options and highly fan-demanded, sold out way too fast for many collectors
    See Teela for explanation.
    No difference whatsover from original release. Not fair to those who already got 2 for 2 display options, as well as those who don't think a headband is enough of a reason to display him twice.
    See my thoughts in red.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

The thing is that they NEED to make these figures "worthy enough" to warrant a repurchase. I don't think that Mattel WOULD do it, but here's what I'd LIKE to see.

-He-Man: Sure, the Holding the sword aloft new symmetrical forearms are nifty, but it needs a bit more.
    How about:
    Interchangeable emblem on harness (Iron Cross and 200X Asterisk), additional "Classicized" 200X Belt (that could be used on KG if desired) 2 heads: Vintage TOY ACCURATE head and 200X Head...
    Figure should be the SAME SKIN TONE as the Original He-Man and BA He-Man. give him a one tone silver Power Sword.

-Teela: First let's give her the BA Evil Lyn Forearms. Do the 2.0 Teela bodice. Throw in 3 heads (Blonde Normal Teela head, a Longer Ponytail redhead Teela head and the "Goddess" head. Give her a brown staff with gold Cobra, gold Teela shield and sword. Maybe a removable belt and slip on shoulderpads to make a classicized version 200X Teela dress.

-Goddess: she'd reuse the upper part of the Teela 2.0 dress with a new bottom matching her mini comic look. Spear, Staff of Ka (repaint) Extra Tale of Teela Teela head (Long Blonde hair head that can still use the snake headdress for Teela)

-Roboto: Corrected Shoulders, Fixed torso, Removable left hand (like Horde Prime) Metallic Purple boots and new 200X Chest Armor with plugs on back to store his weapons.

-King Hssss: The Snake form would NOT be Bendy due to the Snout Spoutgate... I would not want Mattel to "lose their shirts" by redoing a rigid unposable snake half. Instead they can toss in a small snake to clamp unto the main snake from the previous Hssss. Obviously corrected Shoulders. Second Head based on his Mini Comic, a 200X Snake Staff. Reuse Trap Jaw's upper Torso and Shoulder pegs and make 2 new "Snakeified Arms" with hinged jaws on the snake "hands" to make this Hssss special on its own way.

-Adam: Filmation colors (Including the Pale Thunderpunch HM Skintone) and new vest with Holster for the power sword (reuse the above mentioned He-Man forearms with the capability to hold the sword aloft) Add the gun from Prince Adam no More, One Tone Silver Power Sword and a one Tone Magenta Power Sword. Extra Vintage He-Man Toy head (either for Adam or TP HM)

Snout Spout: A non-bendy trunk is an obvious start. Extra stuff? Second Mini-Comic head which looks far more fiercer than that from the toy. Special Clip-On Shin guards (Like Vykron) to make his boots look a bit more like the staction.

-Sorceress: Reusing the Teela 1.0 thighs and figuring a way for her wings to work without the drums. Second Sorceress head without the headdress.

-She-Ra: Reuse most of BP She-Ra. New Forearms so she can hold her sword aloft. New Bodice with interchangeable crests (Filmation and Vintage toy), Vintage Toy inspired Cape with the Filmation She-Ra head with the BP She-Ra Skintone. Throw in the Sword of Protection and Shield with white gems. Add the Vintage Toy ORIGINAL Sword of Protection.

-Hordak: New Full Torso Armor. Interchangeable arms (With Extra "Hurricane Arm" to create the Blaster) Two Horde Armbands, Hurricane Hordak's cowl, Throw in Imp and a "200X" Belt.

-Stinkor: Corrected Forearms is obvious. Tossing in Odiphus (parts can be reused on Kowl) would make him a bit more desirable, maybe a blue Kobra Khan gun as a nod to a vintage comic. Perhaps use the more Open Skeletor 1.0 hand so he can hold his 200X Face mask.(from Stinkor 1.0) No 200X Second head here... jsut "bare bones "vintage Stinkor" + Odiphus.

Fisto: New Full Torso Armor without holster for the Buster Sword. Fully naked Torso (no silver abs). New Second Head based on the Mini Comics. Optional: New Removable Right Fist that can be exchanged with a Human Right hand. (to have an optional Pre-Metal Fist Fisto)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    The thing is that they NEED to make these figures "worthy enough" to warrant a repurchase. I don't think that Mattel WOULD do it, but here's what I'd LIKE to see.

-He-Man: Sure, the Holding the sword aloft new symmetrical forearms are nifty, but it needs a bit more.
    How about:
    Interchangeable emblem on harness (Iron Cross and 200X Asterisk), additional "Classicized" 200X Belt (that could be used on KG if desired) 2 heads: Vintage TOY ACCURATE head and 200X Head...
    Figure should be the SAME SKIN TONE as the Original He-Man and BA He-Man. give him a one tone silver Power Sword.

-Teela: First let's give her the BA Evil Lyn Forearms. Do the 2.0 Teela bodice. Throw in 3 heads (Blonde Normal Teela head, a Longer Ponytail redhead Teela head and the "Goddess" head. Give her a brown staff with gold Cobra, gold Teela shield and sword. Maybe a removable belt and slip on shoulderpads to make a classicized version 200X Teela dress.

-Goddess: she'd reuse the upper part of the Teela 2.0 dress with a new bottom matching her mini comic look. Spear, Staff of Ka (repaint) Extra Tale of Teela Teela head (Long Blonde hair head that can still use the snake headdress for Teela)

-Roboto: Corrected Shoulders, Fixed torso, Removable left hand (like Horde Prime) Metallic Purple boots and new 200X Chest Armor with plugs on back to store his weapons.

-King Hssss: The Snake form would NOT be Bendy due to the Snout Spoutgate... I would not want Mattel to "lose their shirts" by redoing a rigid unposable snake half. Instead they can toss in a small snake to clamp unto the main snake from the previous Hssss. Obviously corrected Shoulders. Second Head based on his Mini Comic, a 200X Snake Staff. Reuse Trap Jaw's upper Torso and Shoulder pegs and make 2 new "Snakeified Arms" with hinged jaws on the snake "hands" to make this Hssss special on its own way.

-Adam: Filmation colors (Including the Pale Thunderpunch HM Skintone) and new vest with Holster for the power sword (reuse the above mentioned He-Man forearms with the capability to hold the sword aloft) Add the gun from Prince Adam no More, One Tone Silver Power Sword and a one Tone Magenta Power Sword. Extra Vintage He-Man Toy head (either for Adam or TP HM)

Snout Spout: A non-bendy trunk is an obvious start. Extra stuff? Second Mini-Comic head which looks far more fiercer than that from the toy. Special Clip-On Shin guards (Like Vykron) to make his boots look a bit more like the staction.

-Sorceress: Reusing the Teela 1.0 thighs and figuring a way for her wings to work without the drums. Second Sorceress head without the headdress.

-She-Ra: Reuse most of BP She-Ra. New Forearms so she can hold her sword aloft. New Bodice with interchangeable crests (Filmation and Vintage toy), Vintage Toy inspired Cape with the Filmation She-Ra head with the BP She-Ra Skintone. Throw in the Sword of Protection and Shield with white gems. Add the Vintage Toy ORIGINAL Sword of Protection.

-Hordak: New Full Torso Armor. Interchangeable arms (With Extra "Hurricane Arm" to create the Blaster) Two Horde Armbands, Hurricane Hordak's cowl, Throw in Imp and a "200X" Belt.

-Stinkor: Corrected Forearms is obvious. Tossing in Odiphus (parts can be reused on Kowl) would make him a bit more desirable, maybe a blue Kobra Khan gun as a nod to a vintage comic. Perhaps use the more Open Skeletor 1.0 hand so he can hold his 200X Face mask.(from Stinkor 1.0) No 200X Second head here... jsut "bare bones "vintage Stinkor" + Odiphus.

Fisto: New Full Torso Armor without holster for the Buster Sword. Fully naked Torso (no silver abs). New Second Head based on the Mini Comics. Optional: New Removable Right Fist that can be exchanged with a Human Right hand. (to have an optional Pre-Metal Fist Fisto)
    you've done the best job (as someone who owns the originals) , of selling me on this so far

Yes. Fully agree! Shut up and take my money!
    Positivity, folks!

Heroic Warrior
    If they are going to make "new" versions of already produced figures then they need to be completely redone much like Star Wars, GI Joe, Marvel Legends/Universe, DC Universe Classics, etc. These lines all make new versions of popular characters with (for the most part) the new one being an improvement over the previous.

But with this line there are not waves or a series of figures coming out all together, so if Mattel is thinking about this it shouldn't be for several years as there are so many unique characters still needed.

Nice for discussion but unfortunately will never happen.The one figure I'd love an improved version of would be Roboto.Bulkier reinforced chest,better paint apps,corrected shoulders and tighter joints.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    with this line there are not waves or a series of figures coming out all together, so if Mattel is thinking about this it shouldn't be for several years as there are so many unique characters still needed.
    I'd like to see many figures redone in 6". I would hope that this would happen 2 or 3 years down the road. Maybe it would be best taking the many suggestions offered by customers and incorporating those into a revamped line in 2018 or 2020. Maybe a different scale too. It may or may not be more affordable and likely to do playsets and vehicles then.

Star Wars used to do vehicles for their 3 3/4. Disney probably won't make a lot of vehicles for the new Black series.

pretty good list. i would probably be in. certainly i would probably unload a couple but overall i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Single carded Cringer WITH articulation!!!

YES!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    He-Man 2.0 needs a new/ better head too( maybe an Alcala second head). The axe and shield could need a makeover too, cause those are missing some nice details the vintage ones had! Ad in a Filmation-Power Sword and he'll be sold out in minutes,i bet! Also get lost of the brown dots on the belt, better use some metallic highlights
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

If Mattel does none of this, please, at least as an accessory for another new figure, put out a vintage style head for He-Man. Someone compared his MOTUC face to a Ken Doll, and that's unfortunately apropos
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mollusc herald View Post
    I'd like to see many figures redone in 6". I would hope that this would happen 2 or 3 years down the road. Maybe it would be best taking the many suggestions offered by customers and incorporating those into a revamped line in 2018 or 2020. Maybe a different scale too. It may or may not be more affordable and likely to do playsets and vehicles then.

Star Wars used to do vehicles for their 3 3/4. Disney probably won't make a lot of vehicles for the new Black series.
    I'd like to see a smaller scale as well!

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    He-Man 2.0 needs a new/ better head too( maybe an Alcala second head). The axe and shield could need a makeover too, cause those are missing some nice details the vintage ones had! Ad in a Filmation-Power Sword and he'll be sold out in minutes,i bet! Also get lost of the brown dots on the belt, better use some metallic highlights
    There are many heads that would make 2.0 He-Man demanded. If several would be bundled, it may be a hot item that fans would repurchase. Alcala, Texeira, Filmation, Vintage(Kevin Kosse does a great job, Mattel could do a variant of his).

Quote Originally Posted by Mamblo View Post
    I'd like to see a smaller scale as well!
    I'm eager for this- MANY years down the road. I'm hoping there's a lot of MOTUC to go. There are minis I think they should get to now though. Many fans have brought up mini vehicles. NOT a bread truck or van w Panthor or Battlecat, but a Battle Ram, Roton Attak Trak, etc. etc.

So with the exception of a new 'minor tweaks' to appeal to your personal tastes, you're really just asking for Mattel to re-release figures without all their production errors.

The chances of this happening are Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahahahaha aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh ahhhhhhhhhhhh ahahahah ack ack ack haaaaaaaaaaaa haa!

Its a good idea, and certainly better than some that get tossed around here, but as the past has proven, Mattel only cares about one thing. Its just not us. One day your Goddess will break, or your Roboto will crack, and that's that.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; April 2, 2013 at 02:53pm.