Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prediction: Icarius will take the longest to sell out to date

Heroic Warrior

Prediction: Icarius will take the longest to sell out to date

Agree or Disagree?

He is NA and boring. Would look silly displayed with the rest of the figures and Optikk was atleast kind of cool looking.

HH took a bit to sell out but I bet this will take a lot longer

Wow. I feel totally different. I think he looks great and more interesting than many figure we have had lately (not that I haven't liked them).
    I hope he doesn't tak to long to sell out as I want more NA!

The majority of internet opinion towards him has been relatively glowing. So I predict your prediction will not be true.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

He's NA, which is against him I suppose, but he's hardly boring. Objectively I'd have to say he's one of the best figures in the line and the exact opposite of boring.

Heroic Warrior
    Really. I just looked at him again and he looks like a Tron reject. We'll see.

As Toyguru said the 200 regular posters on here don't always know or are wrong in terms of what general collectors want

Slushhead is interesting and looks cool. Icarius is a GI Joe in a space suit.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I love NA, but Flipshot is FAR from my favourite character. However, I think he is the best-looking, most functional and THE best figure in the MOTUC line: lots of accessories, movable visor and wings, almost everything is removable and swappable, etc. He is the PERFECT action figure and I wish more figures were made like him. SO many options. A+++

I think he will sell out quickly because his figure is so friggin awesome!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by hordeall View Post

As Toyguru said the 200 regular posters on here don't always know or are wrong in terms of what general collectors want
    What do you mean by that?

Do you want to get angry reactions?

I think there is enough stress going on without comments like that.

Yeah, I think he'll be pretty popular.

Of course, if there actually was a figure named TRON Reject, I think I'd want that figure too.

I really don't think it matters.

For one thing, I don't think there is much you can really glean from sell out times.
    For another, most of the figures this year have taken time to sell out.
    For another, because of the early sell outs in years past, we're all conditioned to buy things right at 12:00. Which I think leads to 90%+ of these being sold in the first few hours. Which then means that the difference between selling out in three days and ten days could be a very small margin in terms of actual number of action figures.

And then finally, regardless of when he sells out, people will just assume he'd been pulled as part of a conspiracy to convince you all that New Adventures is awesome. Which it is. Awesome I mean. Not a conspiracy.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Icarius

Hey guys, I am not an NA fan and I wont be buying Icarius. However, I hope everyone else likes him as I want this line to be around for a while. So I guess to answer your question; yes, I think he will be around for a while (eventhough I have been wrong numerous times before) but no, I hope he sells out fast.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    What do you mean by that?

Do you want to get angry reactions?

I think there is enough stress going on without comments like that.
    Angry reactions and Stress? It's a forum about action figures. Some corporate dude made a comment he shouldn't have. It will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by hordeall View Post
    Really. I just looked at him again and he looks like a Tron reject. We'll see.

Slushhead is interesting and looks cool. Icarius is a GI Joe in a space suit.
    So your opinion automatically over-rides all? That's the problem. Your argument is basically. "I don't like him so that means most people won't." Which is quite common on the internet. It doesn't make the position any less silly.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Totally agree with you. NA and very boring.
    "I've lost something. I don't know what it is, but I know I haven't always felt this... sedated" - Lester Burnham

Yeah I totally disagree , he is a very unique figure. I think he will sell out a lot faster than you think.

I'm still in the ranks of cherry pickers this year and I plan on getting one. I already have a little area set aside for my Galactic Guardians.

I never saw the cartoon and wanted nothing to do with the toyline as a kid though. Times and thoughts change I guess.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Prediction: You will be wrong.

Just cause he's a NA character doesn't mean he's unpopular. I, for one, hate NA but I still think it's a great looking figure that most cherry pickers will want.

WOW @ the OP.

I won't be surprised if your correction turns out to be true. If you end up being wrong it'll be great for the line over-all, but we also don't know if they produce the same amount of every figure or not, and my guess would be not.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    i think Icarius will do ok, im gonna be getting him and merman. though im more excited about merman

I doubt it will take 40 some days before he sells out or is pulled off Mattycollector.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

i am a fan of the entire line NA included... its a shame that this is only the second figure we have seen in three years...and instead of support you want to start a thread predicting doom and gloom...

so go on thinking its boring cause i for one am looking foward to one of the best figures in this series to date....
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

I think he'll last 2 or 3 days. Definitely longer than Hurricane Hordak! He's an awesome figure!

I think this amazing figure is going to sell out fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I won't be surprised if your correction turns out to be true. If you end up being wrong it'll be great for the line over-all, but we also don't know if they produce the same amount of every figure or not, and my guess would be not.
    I agree w/ you Mern-Ra. I don't think they made very many Optikks. Yes, he sold out fast. Great for MOTUC. As is probably the same for Icarius. We don't know the numbers but I'd venture a guess they at least make a 1/3 less or more of NA characters. I won't lie, NA is a joke. But, Icarius is a good looking action figure not a MOTU action figure. IMO.

Heroic Warrior
    If I had to bet, my money would be on Icarius selling out before Hurricane Hordak did.

I'd confidentially wager on Stinkor not lasting an hour. Probably would do the same with Kobra Kahn and maybe Fisto. All three look great.

They'll have to give Spector away.