Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NYCC 2011 Reveals/Pictures/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Congrats Mate!

Can you re-post it here for us?

ka
    Here was my mock up...if they choose to paint it based off this, wow....truly cool.

Looks WAY better that way. Still a lot of bizarre stuff going on in the face, but much nicer overall if that's the route they choose with the wings.
    Now, if they would only get rid of the cat feet in the front and give him his own...

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Horde Prime looks freaking awesome!! Is the helmet based on the helmet outline you can sort of see through the mist in the Filmation episode? Pretty sure it is. That red Hordak-like face underneath the helmet will be interesting to see in full. I guess that'd make the red Horde emblem a representation of Horde Prime instead of Hordak. And I love that he comes with the UK comics head!!! It's just too awesome that they made that! I can't decide which one to display. I might have to get two.

Snake MAA - Meh. Doesn't do much for me. I never liked the idea storyline-wise, so I don't care for the concept of Man-At-Arms as a Snake Man. However, the sculpt on the face looks good, it's nice that they did 200X colors on the armor and I like that the body is a lighter green which is more in line with the vintage figure. Also, fun that it comes with the ring.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Snakemen MAA, you all can keep that piece of crap.

Studies show that one out of every two Iowans like Snake Man-At-Arms.

YAH! for a Snake Man-At-Arms. He looks cools

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Uh-oh...a LOT of people are saying they want two Horde Prime figures. I forsee the EVIL future (like Evil-Lyn) and he's gonna sell out in 2 minutes!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Uh-oh...a LOT of people are saying they want two Horde Prime figures. I forsee the EVIL future (like Evil-Lyn) and he's gonna sell out in 2 minutes!
    Not For Me!! Thankyou Gods of Sub!

But then theres SMAA..........Curse you Gods of Sub!!!!!!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

1 - Hordak's brother, the ruler of the ENTIRE Horde. Lives on Horde World. From the She-Ra: Princess of Power cartoon and UK comics (and magazines).

2 - Man-At-Arms was going to be turned into a snakeman in the MYP cartoon. Val and Emiliano got to take the script for the episode and make it into a comic book included on the last DVD set and as a special mini-comic pack in for an exclusive set!
    Wow, both of those origins sound great. The first one makes me like Horde Prime that much more.

After looking at the full body photos of Horde Prime my on issues is he seems a bit top heavy. There is so much going on on his upper body,his armor with the epaulets, cape, and that big helmet. I really can't wait to see him without it.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Horde Prime is basically the evilest and most powerful-looking figure in the line. He makes Hordak look like a joke in comparison. Reminds me of some kind of super-powerful boss at the end of a video game.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Studies show that one out of every two Iowans like Snake Man-At-Arms.

YAH! for a Snake Man-At-Arms. He looks cools
    Make that 2 out of 3 Iowans like Snake MAA He would not be at the top of my list for most wanted variants, but it is had to deny how cool that head sculpt is! I just hope we dont get a ton of herioic warriors with Snake heads and no other major changes to the bodies. A heads pack would do just fine for that, rather than a figure slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    After looking at the full body photos of Horde Prime my on issues is he seems a bit top heavy. There is so much going on on his upper body,his armor with the epaulets, cape, and that big helmet. I really can't wait to see him without it.
    You want a Horde Prime strip show?!

I can see it now: "Horde Prime - Prime Time!"
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior
    You want a Horde Prime strip show?!

I can see it now: "Horde Prime - Prime Time!"
    I just threw up a little bit.

Nice a nice looking figure though.

Heroic Warrior Horde Trooper 84's Avatar
    Horde Prime is amazing, think i might use his body and Hordaks head to make an Uber Hordak. Most epic cape and armour so far

SMAA, now thats a really lazy variant. probably the laziest yet. PASS

Swifty5297 of MattyCollector.com made a video of NYCC's MOTUC display case BEFORE Snake MAA and Horde Prime were revealed:

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar

Direct link to pic of Horde Prime's hand, since the .Org only allows image codes for 10 pictures: http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...l/DSCN1391.jpg

My photos from the booth. TG said at the panel that the head under Horde Prime's helmet would be a mystery, even going so far as to say he would pull the head out of the early samples sent for review. So either that head under the helmet in the display case is a red herring, or he's not aware of how easily visible it is...
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Great pics SoG! That's funny TG said he'd pull the heads out of samples! He supposedly "oopsied" and knocked the helmet off the head today when showing the figure to someone!

EDIT: I think ActionFigurePics got the ENTIRE MOTUC panel uploaded now (instead of cutting halfway through)! My internet sucks tonight, but it says it's 56:19!

http://qik.com/video/45098583
    Last edited by Darkspecter; October 16, 2011 at 02:46am.

Heroic Warrior
    Horde Prime is hardcore!!! Id suggest making his 'beanie' red, to match the costume...

The Face of Horde Prime ???

Mockup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love the ears, it would be cool if this is what he looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye-Kah B View Post
    The Face of Horde Prime ???

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1318748780
    Mockup.

Nice pictures SoG. Every picture I see of Horde Prime he grows on me more and more, even the helmet. He steps very closely to hyper anime detail

I'm watching/listening to the MOTUC panel and the 4H said they should have the Griffin's wings repainted by the end of the week. TG said they would do a news story on MattyCollector when they're completed.

EDIT: OMG! I just realized something! Horde Prime's crossbow arm is TOTALLY going to be in a Weapons Pak repainted to be Trap-Jaw's Energy Bow from Filmation! That will be SWEET! (Note: PURE speculation on my part, but still exciting! )

- Fans Choice: TG said they will not load up the slots with someone that's an obvious winner. The 6 characters Mattel choose will be ones that fans have been asking for on the boards that aren't necessarily slotted in anytime soon, but people keep asking for them.

Mattel will work with the web masters of He-Man.org and He-Man.de and get the submissions for the Fan Poll by December/January (not sure if he means 2011 or 2012...not specified).

2013 subscribers get a code that allows them to vote. Non-subscribers cannot vote.

- Costume contest in SDCC 2012: LOTS of great prizes. Categories: best, most original, most elaborate, etc.

- SLEW of Merch from Classic Media: Halloween costumes, beach towels, art prints, DVDs, etc. in 2012.

- LOTS more to announce at New York Toy Fair.

- ToyGuru showed a sneak peak of the MOTUC mini-comic page. It is from the SECOND comic, I believe. Shows a full-on shot of He-Ro (not in the shadows).

Q&A (I can't really hear questions, so you might just get the A part! )

1) TG says Snake MAA won't get armour on both sides (I think the arm and shins like Royal Guards), but says they're looking at getting them into the next Weapons Pak.

2) Why are all the female characters always looking down? TG: Terry's looking into that/working on that. Not intentional, always trying to improve.

3) Honestly...no idea. I think the guy is asking about the Create-A-Character Contest and TG says something about getting lots of extra and if the guy uses FedEx. Maybe he asked how he'll know if Mattel gets the entry?

4) He-Man LEGOs. TG: That would be very awesome! Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain, the vehicles! It's something that we've talked about.

5) Masters Minis (the ones shown at SDCC 2011) TG: Too late for them to come out until 2013, looking into a way at getting them out. We like them.

6) Wind Raider is awesome. When you do more vehicles, will you make them more Filmation accurate, like the Attack Track, etc (I think was the question). TG: We would love to do more vehicles. Hopefully more will come.

7) MOTU live action movie, is it still being worked on? TG: Being developed by Sony Pictures, we have reviewed scripts in development. There's no release date. It's definitely in development.

8) Snake MAA, will he have the arm cannon from 200X? CornBoy (4H): It's not in there right now (something else, inaudible). TG: Right now he doesn't, it's something we talked about. We want to make sure he's plused up with something a lot more than just a head. We'll keep looking into that. If it's in the budget we'll get to it.

9) Can't hear the question, but I think it's about The Mighty Spector. TG (me summarizing): 4H made his head a guard, very flattered. Named him Lt. Spector, never thought The Mighty Spector would be made. Pretty much same post TG made on the .org a few weeks ago with all the background info. Too much to type. lol 30th Anniversary Line: Mattel Management wanted to give slots to current Mattel employees. Originally they talked about reaching out to vintage Mattel employees. That was nixed very early on by upper management. They were much more interested in promoting current employees for obvious reasons. Terry Higuchi and Scott were each granted a slot. Terry, Scott, 4H and Geoff Johns had the choice of making an all-new character or something from their childhood. 4H and Terry did new characters. Geoff and Scott went with characters they created as kids. Geoff Johns submitted TG his crayon drawing from when he was 7. That will be on display at SDCC. TG went with The Mighty Spector because it was the only time he'd get to see him made. Lt. Spector becomes The Mighty Spector, because it wouldn't make sense to have two Spectors. He'll get the suit, the powers, it will be cleared up in the bio.

Follow-up question: Can we get your head without the Royal Guard helmet? TG: I'm glad it has the face plate so you don't have to stare at it. My mother doesn't think it looks like me. You can customize one. Maybe one day. You know what? The WHOLE line in 2013 is going to be Spector! (inaudible because of laughter). Ice armour Spector, Power Armour Spector. There's going to be alternate heads. It will be great. There will be She-Ra in Spector armour. Kidding!

10) Something about Slush Head holding his axe...missile launcher? I don't know...hard to hear. The answer is yes and the guy thinks it's awesome! Stinkor: how bad is he going to smell? TG: Did 6 different versions of Moss-Man, lined them up and smelled them. It was like Goldilocks and the Three Bears. This one is TOO smelly! We're not going to make him overwhelmingly stinky, just so it doesn't fade. it will be just right like Goldilocks.

11) Echo audio + talking quick. Something about the Create-A-Character and possibly a subscription question. TG: 1-2 new Create-A-Characters each year? It's definitely possible. We don't have 2013 and 14 locked in at this point. We do want to keep it special for the 30th. You don't want to do this special thing every year because then it won't be as special. We'll see. We'll see what fans are saying on the boards.

12) Teela Re-Issue? TG: Very likely.

13) Re-Issue of Tri-Klops? TG: Yes. Definitely. I think they actually have that at the show. YES! We had them to sell last year and they didn't sell out. So, they held onto them. I didn't know they were going to have him here. They're undercutting, selling him for $15 bucks. So hey, cheap Tri-Klops! It's a party.

14) Will you make a replica hover board at a 1:1 scale? TG brings Robyn, MattyCollector Brand Manager who works on Back to the Future up to answer. Robyn: she says they're going to test the market to see how popular Back to the Future stuff is with fans. (I might be mistaken, but I thought the question was about the 200X hover boards Teela and Prince Adam use...?).

15) Are we ever going to get an Ecto-1? Robyn: We would love to, it would be an awesome item for us to do, but it's very tooling intensive and would probably take the next movie to that kind of item.

16) Will we ever see reprints of the mini-comics? TG: It's something we would love to do, it depends on having the resources. Says something about needing to have the art, thinks they have 3 pages of one mini-comic.

17) Asks about highly tooled items like Castle Grayskull. TG: Movie year. It takes more than hardcore collectors for an item like this. (Guy says he'll pay $300 right now). That's how much you would be paying! (guy says fans NEED that center piece, his wife might not though). TG: We all want Grayskull. Eric wants Grayskull! The tooling is so, so expensive. Hopefully the movie will generate a whole lot of non-hardcore collector buzz so it's back in the mainstream, much like the Ecto-1. (TG explains why they make extra heads and accessories for online so if toys make it to retail they can scale them back. Also explains how you have to have a plane-o-gram...I think was the term. Basically having top shelf, middle shelf and below so customers see YOUR items. Grayskull would be the perfect big box item). Will probably take a movie year. No one DOESN'T want a Grayskull.

18) Are you saying Grayskull will only be a retail item and not a MattyCollector item? TG: It could be both. We're in the hypothetical world. I don't know. Retail could be scaled down (less stuff is what that means). MattyCollector could be more plused up, more paint, more accessories...the original torture rack or something. (Makes a joke how rumours will say we're getting a Castle Grayskull and it's a He-Man.org exclusive). Nothing's planned, all just hypothetical.

19) Fan poll question asked by bcrduke, I think. TG: It can't be a 100% tooled figure. Other than that, anyone you want: Illumina, 200X version of Evil-Lyn, Mini-Comic Trap-Jaw. No Ram-Man because that would take over a toy slot. We know you've wanted a fan choice for a long time. The reason we haven't been able to do it is because it takes a two-year ramp-up. That's why the fans' choice will be at the end of 2013, when the figure comes out. That's why we want to start this now. We'll reach out to the moderators of the sites and get a timeline. We'll (Mattel) pick 6, .org and .de pick one, 8 go up and subscribers get to choose.

20) We have Sorceress. Any chance at a 200X Sorceress? TG: Yes. No hyper anime detail. We can do a "Classics" version of her in the green head thing. Anyone who had a different outfit or a look is possible.

21) '87 movie question. TG: We can only do the 3 characters that were in the vintage line: Gwildor, Saurod and Blade. Not available as a licence. We presented the opportunity and it wasn't available. No mixing Back to the Future with MOTUC to get a Lubic. We're not going to do that either.

22) LONG two part question. Compliments Battle Cat buck and its use. Not sure of the rest, then asks if we will ever get a flocked Panthor even though CornBoy doesn't want one. CornBoy: (basically says Strydor and Night Stalker are great because they're the same). In terms of turning them into something you've seen before. I don't know...maybe Sagitar or something like that? With Battle Cat, we knew from the beginning we were eventually going to do that Griffin., so we had that in mind for a long time. Same thing with Swiftwind. We knew those wings were going to go to the Griffin. Having that in mind from the beginning, you don't make mistakes. If we had free licence to make something new, I'm sure we could make something like a centaur. If there's an opportunity given, we'll certainly give it a shot.

TG on Flocked Panthor: We'll probably get to him. We have the tool, so we can flock him. The only reason we didn't flock him was because fans voted they didn't want him flocked. CB was adamant he REALLY didn't want him flocked because the 2002 one covered up all the awesome detail.

CornBoy: I agree with that decision, but I would really like to get to one just for the nostalgic reasons of it. I think the toughest part we discovered with Moss Man, is you flock a super articulated figure and there's a lot of rub in the joints - and with Moss Man it worked out okay where the unflocked areas. I can't even think of the experimentation on Panthor. It's a fine flock, so it might not be that much of a problem. That's just something we would all have to look into, but it would be great to go back to one day. Nobody's against it.

TG: I don't imagine we wouldn't do it eventually. He was a non-articulated cat originally, so you just dipped him and glue and put him in flock. It's really hard to flock a super articulated figure, but maybe one day.

23) Flight stand for creatures like the Griffin. TG: We're looking into a Flight Stand 2.0. Probably by 2013. CornBoy: One thing about the flight stand with the Wind Raider, not sure if it's been said before, (me summarizing) let's say we get to the Battle Ram and there's the front part of it, it will be able to pop onto that or any flying vehicle. We try to think everything ahead.

24) Can't make out the question, can only make out part of the answer. TG: We've talked about every vintage figure.

25) I think the guy's asking if they ever thought of making the Dark Rider figure and if they would make the Dark Rider WITH steed. TG: It's possible. The main thing about MattyCollector.com is we're not restricted by retail. The reason why we have the Beast Slot at different prices is so we can make things the best they can be, which is why we try to make the toys so great. We love you guys so much. (inaudible closing because of cheering and clapping).

THE END!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; October 16, 2011 at 06:10am.

Has it been confirmed that Snake Man-At-Arms will have more than just that one head?
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...l/DSCN1386.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...l/DSCN1387.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...l/DSCN1388.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...l/DSCN1389.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...l/DSCN1390.jpg

Direct link to pic of Horde Prime's hand, since the .Org only allows image codes for 10 pictures: http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...l/DSCN1391.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...l/DSCN1392.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...l/DSCN1394.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...l/DSCN1395.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...l/DSCN1396.jpg

My photos from the booth. TG said at the panel that the head under Horde Prime's helmet would be a mystery, even going so far as to say he would pull the head out of the early samples sent for review. So either that head under the helmet in the display case is a red herring, or he's not aware of how easily visible it is...
    Great photos, thanks for sharing. I added them to the first post!

I'm watching/listening to the MOTUC panel and the 4H said they should have the Griffin's wings repainted by the end of the week. TG said they would do a news story on MattyCollector when they're completed.
    This, I am particularly interested in. I want to know if my mock up will have any bearing on the new paint scheme. That would be so neat if I actually contributed in that fashion.

Keep in mind, I am in no way saying they are only doing this because of me. I know there were a lot more people involved in the request for the color change.

8) Snake MAA, will he have the arm cannon from 200X? CornBoy (4H): It's not in there right now (something else, inaudible). TG: Right now he doesn't, it's something we talked about. We want to make sure he's plused up with something a lot more than just a head. We'll keep looking into that. If it's in the budget we'll get to it.
    I hope some people can drop the torches and pitchforks now