Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Fan Choice in 2013!?!

MOTUC Fan Choice in 2013!?!

People have been asking about this and discussing it in various threads so I thought I would give it it's own thread;

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Can we have a he-man.org exclusive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Not to sell but we do have an idea for the 2013 line to give fans a bit more choice and a chance at some of the more obscure figures fans are asking for. Stay tuned for SDCC 2012 for the details!
    Speculate away

I wouldn't read to much into it right now. It was something said in a moment in which the heat.was.on. Might be nothing more than that couple of sentences at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    I wouldn't read to much into it right now. It was something said in a moment in which the heat.was.on. Might be nothing more than that couple of sentences at the moment.
    Yeah but why should that stop speculation?

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Id REALLY like to see Mattycollector have a list of 10 obscure characters and run a poll like they did for the WWE figures. You only get to vote once and the winner would take up a monthly spot.

Even better if they had a 1 line teaser out of a bio to go with the characters name to make the voting more interesting. I understand that they wouldnt have 10 bios to go with 10 obscure characters so thats why they would make up 1 line to go with each character.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

I hope they DON'T do this... because the losers will never be made.

I can see it now, all TG's least favorite characters:

Sweet Bee
    Perfuma
    Gwildor
    Strobo
    Illumina
    Songster
    Mara
    and then one obvious winner:

Shokoti

I just don't want to see characters killed off because some people got their co-workers to vote for Twistoid or something.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I agree. Unless it is done in a way that we get to vote which one comes first before the rest of the obscure figures.

There would have to be some assurance first that the ones who didn't win still had a chance to be made later on in the line so that we wouldn't get a "You had the chance at this figure but the fan's chose XXXXXXX over XXXXXXX and we are trying to give the fan's what they want" excuse.

i thought this was a great idea at first, but BCRduke could be right.

Imagine if it was 5 of the most obscure:-

Geldor
    Illumina
    Damon
    Darkdream
    Tarrak

I'd have a hard time picking one out that lot, especially if I knew the other 4 wouldn't have a chance
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    I am in no way confirming a fan's choice poll, but I can tell you if one ever happened, we would make sure it was not "loaded" with an obvious winner.

Rampant uncontrolled speculation may now resume.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    The way I see it is that they could do it 2 ways, give a list of 5 or 10 characters to choose from of main stream characters ones that if the line carries through the next few years all of them would be made so atleast we get a choice, characters like gwildor, Saurod etc OR really obscure characters like the tug of war guy, that's where I thought this thread was heading not a thread about main stream characters.
    Just read TG post and agree would have to be a list of characters that aren't mainstream like the tug of war guy, if resources permit I think this would be great.
    Last edited by lorde trooper; October 14, 2011 at 07:54am.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

I'd rather see Mattel working on a way to make it right with POP toy fans.

I am in no way confirming a fan's choice poll, but I can tell you if one ever happened, we would make sure it was not "loaded" with an obvious winner.

I wouldn't worry about that... polls say one thing, Matty does something completely different... *cough*Swift Wind*cough*
    I'm expecting a Purple suit Granamyr with a harness of Clubs... He can be The Spector's Sidekick

Seriously though, I hope that the poll (IF one is made) is loaded with Characters that WILL get made, and that the winner is just being bumped forward while the others have to wait a bit longer, BUT STILL GET MADE!!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I'm excited by this!
    Last edited by JonWes; October 14, 2011 at 08:57am.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Yeah but why should that stop speculation?
    Oh, it shouldn't. Except...

..it might upset somebody.

TG will probably get flamed for this, but this is one of the funniest things I've read today!
    Tweet Me!

This would be really fun if handled right and I think all characters that had vintage toys should be excluded from it - those should be in the main line. The more second tier FilMation/200x/concept figures would be great for this. Though, I would want it to be more like the WWE Legends poll than the DCUC version. Give us list and let us pick the 6 we want to see and release them every other month. Since the 30th line won't be around in 2013, it would be perfect. Then do it every year.

Hopefully they'll make it an official Mattel poll and not an SDCC Poll... cause it would be better if the "entire MOTU fandom" could vote instead of the "SDCC 200 attendees". I know it sounds as a dig against Mattel due to the whole "200 .orgers" thing, but it really is not meant to be... but I can see the connection between them.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

that was funny
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

i'd like a list of 12 figures, you get to vote 6 times and the 6 most popular figures get released like the new characters will for 2012. didn't the wrestler thingy line do something similiar on mattycollector recently?

Thank GOD!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Would you use the votes to determine the order of release, or would you retire the "losers" forever? I mean I know if the choices were all or mostly ones I want, I would be very very upset that I could only hope to get one because they were all in the same vote. I guarantee that I'd want Geldor and Illumina more than the Warrior in Yellow. And if one of those two won, I would hope the loser would get another shot in the next vote.

The only way I will approve of this idea is if it gets me a MOTU Classics Gwildor sooner rather than later.

That is all.

Sallah

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I guarantee that I'd want Geldor and Illumina more than the Warrior in Yellow. And if one of those two won, I would hope the loser would get another shot in the next vote.
    I love you man!
    Tweet Me!

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    So long as the losers aren't thrown to the "never gonna make" pile like another poster mentioned, this seems not only fair, but would be a pretty terriffic idea.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

How are guesses regarding a possible poll, exactly like the one that was done for DCUC, "Rampant Speculation?"

If you don't want speculation, then don't make mysterious comments about potential aspects of a subscription no one has signed up for, and the details for which you can't reveal for nearly another year.

My fear that a poll would be stacked with a potentially obvious winner isn't necessarily unreasonable, and my mentioning that fear was CERTAINLY not intended to sound nasty.

What else could you possibly expect BUT speculation??

By the way, did you NOT see my attempts to suggest that Spector actually looked decent in the case yesterday?? I guess this is my reward. LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    i'd like a list of 12 figures, you get to vote 6 times and the 6 most popular figures get released like the new characters will for 2012. didn't the wrestler thingy line do something similiar on mattycollector recently?
    That would be fun and a great idea
    Last edited by bcrduke; October 14, 2011 at 11:54am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    The only way I will approve of this idea is if it gets me a MOTU Classics Gwildor sooner rather than later.

That is all.

Sallah

MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg