Thread: British Collectors - To sub or not to sub? - That is the question.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar

British Collectors - To sub or not to sub? - That is the question.

As you probably know by now, I'm just starting to collect this line and I'm thinking about ordering the sub in July for 2013. Do most of you have the sub or not? Is it worth it?

What are prices usually like per month with shipping / customs / handling fee etc?

I know figures like Shadow Weaver are impossible to get without a sub, but other than that, is it worth getting a sub?

I posted about this last year when I was trying to decide whether to get the 2012 sub or not:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-overseas-fans

In short: if you want everything (or nearly everything) then it's better to get the sub than it is try and pick everything up on sale day. Trying to have everything shipped separately over the course of year, won't save you any money in the long run. However, if you don't want everything (or nearly everything) then the sub probably isn't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I posted about this last year when I was trying to decide whether to get the 2012 sub or not:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-overseas-fans

In short: if you want everything (or nearly everything) then it's better to get the sub than it is try and pick everything up on sale day. Trying to have everything shipped separately over the course of year, won't save you any money in the long run. However, if you don't want everything (or nearly everything) then the sub probably isn't for you.
    Thanks for that post, I've just read your workings out and I'm definitely going to buy the 2013 sub, it works out roughly each month then at £60, i know some months you get more figures so it's not £60 EVERY month, but you get what I mean.

Thanks alot, very much appreciated :-)

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    i was using amazon for the longest time, this year as most of the characters revealed at sdcc i was getting anyway i decided to try out the sub. so far i have recieved the star sisters on the 20th of febuary just over a month past when they were sent out on the 17th of january. as i have been spending £30 to £40 on the secondary market for each figure this is actually saving me money as well as the piece of mind to know i will get the items ....eventually
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Quote Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
    i was using amazon for the longest time, this year as most of the characters revealed at sdcc i was getting anyway i decided to try out the sub. so far i have recieved the star sisters on the 20th of febuary just over a month past when they were sent out on the 17th of january. as i have been spending £30 to £40 on the secondary market for each figure this is actually saving me money as well as the piece of mind to know i will get the items ....eventually
    How much did you pay for the SS, including customs, shipping and handling fees?